Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fuck me, what am I doing wrong? (Read 19503 times)
no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Re: Fuck me, what am I doing wrong?
Reply #50 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:09pm:
2013 called and would like it's build back.

Seriously, if you can't/haven't found any modern builds better than that one, I suspect you're not putting a serious amount of effort into looking.  There is a long list of builds here on the Vault and hell, even on the motherboards that are significantly better than the Juggernaught build in multiple ways.

If survivability is your primary concern, roll a 15/5 twf paladin/ranger, a pure 20 thf paladin, a pure 20 warlock, etc. etc.  They will all put the Juggernaught build to shame on survivability and DPS.

Define better.  Jugg is still a viable option, especially in heroics.  Ranged combat + paladin saves boost + evasion + reconstruct = very survivable.  The DPS leaves a lot to be desired, but if you need an Arty past life or just like the build, it's still a viable option.

Personally, I'd probably go 12 Arty/2 Pal/6 Rog for Mechanic. Maybe even 3 Pal for SaD stance.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:09pm:
2013 called and would like it's build back.

Seriously, if you can't/haven't found any modern builds better than that one, I suspect you're not putting a serious amount of effort into looking.  There is a long list of builds here on the Vault and hell, even on the motherboards that are significantly better than the Juggernaught build in multiple ways.

If survivability is your primary concern, roll a 15/5 twf paladin/ranger, a pure 20 thf paladin, a pure 20 warlock, etc. etc.  They will all put the Juggernaught build to shame on survivability and DPS.

Its far less a question of "better" and more "how much I like it". The juggernaut let me shift between melee, ranged, 2-handed, and sword'n'board. The DPS wasn't the highest on any of those, but the flavor was finger-lickin' good.

I've played a lot of builds since that had higher DPS or were more survivable, but to this day I have not had as much fun on any one build since my juggernaught. I'm looking for something I can stand to ETR on. I did 2 juggernauts in a row(iconic TRs) and only left it because I needed to get other lives.

no. wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:28pm:
Define better.  Jugg is still a viable option, especially in heroics.  Ranged combat + paladin saves boost + evasion + reconstruct = very survivable.  The DPS leaves a lot to be desired, but if you need an Arty past life or just like the build, it's still a viable option.

Personally, I'd probably go 12 Arty/2 Pal/6 Rog for Mechanic. Maybe even 3 Pal for SaD stance.

Ooooh, I like that! Does it play with great xbows or repeaters? It sounds good either way! Hmmm... one downside, though: my plan was to do the juggernaut life, do several ETRs(maybe 3-4), then use the +20 heart to swap the arti lives for monk lives and TR out of it for a monk life. I already have 3 artificer lives, I don't need a second rogue life, and I am planning to do actual paladin lives because it looks like so much fun.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 12:39am:
You know, posting in every thread with nothing to say won't earn you vault cred. You've gotta actually have something to contribute.

Me? I just come for laughs and to share bewbs. I bought my vault credit years ago on ebay.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #53 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 5:59pm:
Me? I just come for laughs and to share bewbs. I bought my vault credit years ago on ebay.

That was before ebay started cracking down. Its a lot more expensive these days, and you need to go through shadier sites. But, hey, if you wanna resell at a profit, I know a guy.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #54 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
Ooooh, I like that! Does it play with great xbows or repeaters? It sounds good either way! Hmmm... one downside, though: my plan was to do the juggernaut life, do several ETRs(maybe 3-4), then use the +20 heart to swap the arti lives for monk lives and TR out of it for a monk life. I already have 3 artificer lives, I don't need a second rogue life, and I am planning to do actual paladin lives because it looks like so much fun.

I prefer repeaters, personally.  I brlieve you could still use the +20 heart for any PL you want. Swap 2-3 Paladin into Rogue. Swap all Arty levels to Monk (or anything else that doesn't have alignment restriction.)  However doing this would require planning those levels out ahead of time to get the right order, and probably sub-optimal skills.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 6:57pm:
I prefer repeaters, personally.  I brlieve you could still use the +20 heart for any PL you want. Swap 2-3 Paladin into Rogue. Swap all Arty levels to Monk (or anything else that doesn't have alignment restriction.)  However doing this would require planning those levels out ahead of time to get the right order, and probably sub-optimal skills.

It would also require the use of a second + heart and 2 LRs.

Using the +20 heart, even after you "over-write" the unwanted levels, you are still counted as "having" those levels until you complete the TR. I'd have to +3 heart out of the 2 paladin levels, then +20 heart into whatever the third class is. Not worth it just for a PL unfortunately.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
Every character around lvl 12-14 starts to wonder why the hell they didn't have evasion.  Why would you take 12 lvls of bard?

The new quests are to smack the latest generation of idiots who like to fool themselves about all you need is PRR and you dont need evasion. 

When 12 abishai come into the room and 6-8 of them lob an acid blast or a fireball and you dont have evasion that equates to around 300-400 damage depending on how many you saved and took half damage. 

Again why would anyone take 12 lvsl of bard?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #57 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 4:28pm:

Better by most metrics people generally use to define builds in DDO.  DPS, survivability, ranged combat, melee combat, etc.  Big difference between "viable" and really good.

Rangers, Rogues and possibly even Monks are miles better than Artificers at ranged DPS.  Rangers, Paladins, Barbarians and Bards are miles better than Artificers at melee DPS.  And then there are Warlocks... the biggest easy button in the game.

Survivability in heroics is still a concern with 3 years of power creep since 2013?  Very few classes have survivability problems in heroic content these days.

If an Arty past life is what you're after, you'd be far better off to go with a modern Artie/Rog/Rgr xbow build. 

If you just like the build, great but why would someone make multiple posts about how to improve their builds and asking what they are doing wrong if all they really want is to play a flavor build that's a jack of all trades and master of none?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 9:25pm:
Every character around lvl 12-14 starts to wonder why the hell they didn't have evasion.  Why would you take 12 lvls of bard?

The new quests are to smack the latest generation of idiots who like to fool themselves about all you need is PRR and you dont need evasion. 

When 12 abishai come into the room and 6-8 of them lob an acid blast or a fireball and you dont have evasion that equates to around 300-400 damage depending on how many you saved and took half damage. 

Again why would anyone take 12 lvsl of bard?

Nope.

My recent past lives are bard/fighter/rogue swashbuckler (dex based light armor + evasion), pure paladin (heavy armor w/ sword and board), pure warlock (medium armor), artie/ranger/rogue (int based light armor + evasion + insightful reflexes), and ranger/monk/fighter (dex based cloth armor + evasion).

Out of those, the paladin and warlock were far and away the most durable and died the least.  The DPS on the current ranger/monk/fighter cloth build is insane but dear god I hate how fragile it is even with evasion and near constant displacement.  The artie/ranger/rogue and swashbuckler were a decent mix of evasion and PRR but still nowhere near as hard to kill as the paladin and warlock.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:18pm:
Nope.

My recent past lives are bard/fighter/rogue swashbuckler (dex based light armor + evasion), pure paladin (heavy armor w/ sword and board), pure warlock (medium armor), artie/ranger/rogue (int based light armor + evasion + insightful reflexes), and ranger/monk/fighter (dex based cloth armor + evasion).

Out of those, the paladin and warlock were far and away the most durable and died the least.  The DPS on the current ranger/monk/fighter cloth build is insane but dear god I hate how fragile it is even with evasion and near constant displacement.  The artie/ranger/rogue and swashbuckler were a decent mix of evasion and PRR but still nowhere near as hard to kill as the paladin and warlock.

Agreed, a good Pally build is virtually unkillable.
They may take a bit longer to cut through the mobs, but they are very survivable.
How about Barbs with their self-healing after the pass?  Haven't played one yet.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #60 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:45am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm:

The 6Art/6Rog base is a pretty flexible template with repeaters if you want to run something like that but pick up a Pal (or otherwise) PL each time. One of my guildies swears by it.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #61 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 10:26am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:45am:
The 6Art/6Rog base is a pretty flexible template with repeaters if you want to run something like that but pick up a Pal (or otherwise) PL each time. One of my guildies swears by it.

I would think just 2 levels of Artie for runearms or maybe 4 levels for the bonus feat.  6 levels only gets you a couple of 3rd level spells.  Seems like 2 or 4 more levels in another class could be more beneficial.

12/6/2 <PL Class>/Rog/Art seems better.  That lets you take the 3rd core from your PL class if it's useful.

If only doing heroics for the PL and planning on using a repeater, I think going 12/6/2 pl/ranger/artie instead of rogue is worth consideration.  T5s and 3rd core in DWS, tier 4 AA elemental imbues.  Between the various runearms and the new RNG stuff, it's easy to gear for elemental spellpower without giving up much.  Level appropriate spellpower with the arrow imbues turn a good repeater into a one/two shot trash kill through pretty much all heroic content.  You can also roll with heavy armor on this build if desired to make up for lack of evasion.

Another good option is to give up artificer and go 8/6/6 PL/Rog/Rgr.  Get light repeater proficiency from 3rd Mechanic core.  Pick heavy repeater feat as one of the standard level up if desired .  T5 and 3rd core in Mechanic.  3rd core, Killer, Merciful Shot, and Leg shot from DWS.  Tier 3 AA elemental imbues.

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2016 at 10:42am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #62 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:08pm:
Survivability in heroics is still a concern with 3 years of power creep since 2013?

Just the new stuff. ToEE, Shavarath 2, Devil's Gambit, Curse the Sky, Creeping Death, Heart of Madness, Mask of Deception area all quite painful without evasion or sizable MRR. (On elite at level, obviously.)
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:29am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:28am:
Mask of Deception

You no need evasion for this quest Mr 5 foot.   Wink

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Mar 19th, 2016 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 11:28am:
Just the new stuff. ToEE, Shavarath 2, Devil's Gambit, Curse the Sky, Creeping Death, Heart of Madness, Mask of Deception area all quite painful without evasion or sizable MRR. (On elite at level, obviously.)

Hmm, possibly.  I've only done the U30 stuff in epics, not heroics so can't really comment on it.

ToEE though, I'd take a heavy armored PRR monster over evasion all day long in there. 

Mask of Deception, I don't run very often in heroics, but I don't recall the lack of evasion being much of a problem on the occasions I have run it.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:03am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 3:12am:
How about Barbs with their self-healing after the pass?  Haven't played one yet.

Before I started my current hiatus,  I had just taken 15 on my first attempt at a barbarian since the pass. Shit dies real fast. Used canifex then SoS 'til Riftmaker.  Used pots from collectibles turn ins and csw 'til 12 when I took blood strength and basically quit having to drink pots. I hadn't ran any of the newer quests yet though, so I can't comment on survivability there with all the creep, but I imagine the mobs will still go down like P4P  at the gloryhole.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 18th, 2016 at 11:08pm:
why would someone make multiple posts about how to improve their builds and asking what they are doing wrong if all they really want is to play a flavor build that's a jack of all trades and master of none?

The post was initially about a bard build. I mentioned juggernaught in passing because I enjoyed it a lot. Then we started discussing it because this is a forum.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 8:47pm:
Hmm, possibly.  I've only done the U30 stuff in epics, not heroics so can't really comment on it.

ToEE though, I'd take a heavy armored PRR monster over evasion all day long in there. 

Mask of Deception, I don't run very often in heroics, but I don't recall the lack of evasion being much of a problem on the occasions I have run it.

I think for TOEE you have a point.  The ranged archers hit so hard that PRR is way better than evasion.

For the rest, evasion and MRR seem to be the better route.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #68 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:19am:
The post was initially about a bard build. I mentioned juggernaught in passing because I enjoyed it a lot. Then we started discussing it because this is a forum.

I inferred from  your multiple threads asking what you were doing wrong and/or how to improve various aspects of your gameplay that you would not have interest in knowingly going back to a build from 2013 that is mediocre and a borderline flavor build in the current game.

Sorry if I was mistaken.  Ignore what I said and carry on with your Juggernaut bliss.   Wink

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #69 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:55am:
For the rest, evasion and MRR seem to be the better route.

I've tried both on multiple lives.  When I'm on an evasion build, I greatly miss high PRR.   I have yet to find myself missing evasion when I'm on a PRR build.

That's just my personal experience and probably highly dependent upon my play style though.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #70 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 12:48pm:
Sorry if I was mistaken.  Ignore what I said and carry on with your Juggernaut bliss.   Wink

Hey, when I'm doing a relevant build I wanna not suck at it Tongue lol

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #71 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Mar 19th, 2016 at 6:19pm:
You no need evasion for this quest Mr 5 foot.   Wink

Need? No, painful. The dragonbreath can oneshot most. It is worth mentioning.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 3:49pm:
Need? No, painful. The dragonbreath can oneshot most. It is worth mentioning.

If you don't have evasion, a jewelled cloak or PLIS should get you through?  I've never had a problem with the dragon breath.

IP Logged

Brodhi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
haha, ohhh, sorry had to laugh though. "Why aren't I doing good on my bard swashbuckler" .. while running around with heavy armor and a non-swashbuckling weapon.

Humor aside though, lot of good suggestions in this thread so far.

I would advise to forget about max dps and just go pure CC bard, either a max dc fascinate/cc/party buff build,  or a mass hold/healer caster build. I think you'd have much more fun....dps is a dime a dozen these days.
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2016 at 7:23pm by Brodhi »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #74 - Mar 20th, 2016 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 20th, 2016 at 1:55am:
The ranged archers hit

You're doing it wrong. DDO literally rewards you for hitting your head against the wall.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint