Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Lag fixed yet? (Read 7611 times)
Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Lag fixed yet?
Mar 27th, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Or has Turbine abandoned ddo?

Also as an aside how the fuck is there not a leaked source code. Wow has had every version leaked, but somehow Turbine has managed to retain their source code as a secret.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2016 at 2:30pm by Soul »  

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Re: Lag fixed yet?
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
The fanbois are now starting to come out and tell people the lag is gone and it's the players problem. I was in a ddochat and the devs could give 2 shits less and are actually laughing about everything they've done for the anniversary including their passive aggressive insults to the playerbase.

I say this with full conviction. Vargouille and Steelstar are NOT friends. No one at Turbine gives a shit about what has happened. People over there are laughing while ignoring the playerbase and making stupid single actions to give the appearance of working on issues.

Fuck the lag, what about the other shit that was messed up for the last year? They don't care. They're making the game more suited for their fanbois. Get out your tin foil hats if you will but I saw this developing over a year ago. If you're not part of the clique, you're gonna get phased out. Welcome to the NEW DDO.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #2 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 2:29pm:
somehow Turbine has managed to retain their source code as a secret.

They're too incompetent to know what code looks like. They couldn't share it if they wanted to.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #3 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
No. Not here anyway.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I haven't run a quest in over a week,  does this game even work anymore?

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #5 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
It's still the same. Raids on normal is doable, as you can work through the lag,  else you need to shortman if you can handle that,  but it's still not any guarantee to have a hiccup free run.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #6 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 6:49pm:
I haven't run a quest in over a week,  does this game even work anymore?

I've been logging in once or twice a week to run some static groups with guildies (mostly heroic elite stuff atm) - we haven't had any noticeable problems with lag. I haven't tried a raid in probably a couple months though (since well before the move to the new datacenter) so I can't speak to that. If there were any raids posted when I'm on I might try, but it's been a long time since I've seen anything I want to run. I find it difficult (but not impossible) to believe that raid lag is actually worse than it was before the move...

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 11:05pm
Print Post  
6 man content isn't a huge issue for me.  Raids are unplayable.  Sure you can do LN or EN/EH, but what fun is that?  Unless I'm farming MoD, that's boring as hell.  I'm certainly not spending 50 minutes in LN shroud for 1 large ingredient.  Before the data center move you could plow thru LH in 30-35 min and get 2.  I want some challenge, fun, and some decent reward for my time.  Lag making me run stuff one or two levels lower and then fighting stuttering, spells not landing, and periodic lock ups is not fun. 

The game is playable as long as you don't want to raid.  But even "playable" isn't "smooth".  It's just that the lag is an annoyance rather than a hindrance.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #8 - Mar 27th, 2016 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 4:10pm:
The fanbois are now starting to come out and tell people the lag is gone and it's the players problem. I was in a ddochat and the devs could give 2 shits less and are actually laughing about everything they've done for the anniversary including their passive aggressive insults to the playerbase.

I say this with full conviction. Vargouille and Steelstar are NOT friends. No one at Turbine gives a shit about what has happened. People over there are laughing while ignoring the playerbase and making stupid single actions to give the appearance of working on issues.

Fuck the lag, what about the other shit that was messed up for the last year? They don't care. They're making the game more suited for their fanbois. Get out your tin foil hats if you will but I saw this developing over a year ago. If you're not part of the clique, you're gonna get phased out. Welcome to the NEW DDO.

A)  The forum fanbois are idiots.  That's not news.  Some people actually have the audacity to say that lag has gone down since the data center move.  That's horseshit. 

B)  The devs I have talked to do seem to care about the lag.  Not having seen your ddochat conversations, I can't comment on them specifically.

C)  Varg and Steelstar are vendors of a product.  You are a customer.  They are not your friends and never have been.  They care about your opinion only so much as it helps make sure your credit card keeps getting charged.  What made you think that they should be your friend?  This is naive of you.

D)  The lag is horrible and is breaking the game.  I can't think of any "direction of development over the past year" that is game breaking.  I'm not a fan of everything they have done (DoJ, Gnomes, LGS, to name a few) but none of that is awful and game breaking, imo.   

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 11:15pm:
B)  The devs I have talked to do seem to care about the lag.  Not having seen your ddochat conversations, I can't comment on them specifically.

I would suspect this is because they know someone is looking. I logged on right in the middle of a conversation when I caught them in the middle of their revels of the complaints from players like they were having a Georgia hootnanny. In the past I've had the typical prescribed, benign and antiseptic conversations concerning my issues. But this was seeing the wizards behind the curtain giving each other hi fives after fucking the players in the ass and jizzing in their eye.

C)  Varg and Steelstar are vendors of a product.  You are a customer.  They are not your friends and never have been.  They care about your opinion only so much as it helps make sure your credit card keeps getting charged.  What made you think that they should be your friend?  This is naive of you.

I've never considered them or anybody from Turbine to be friendly. What would be naive would be to ever think these people would ever have our best interests for the game in mind I've only approached them as a paying customer with a list of grievances. One time 2 years ago I was in a group with Cordovan I told him he sucked and he needed to play more before being such a sanctimonious and overbearing blowhard before he introduced himself. The same has been playing out to presently.

D)  The lag is horrible and is breaking the game.  I can't think of any "direction of development over the past year" that is game breaking.  I'm not a fan of everything they have done (DoJ, Gnomes, LGS, to name a few) but none of that is awful and game breaking, imo.   

It's not what they're doing, it's what they're NOT doing that is breaking the game incremental and consistently every day. The nerfing of the champ chests and tome drops, ToEE bullshit, purposely letting the fanbois run wild, censoring of dissenting commentary, ignoring the commanding pleas to fix lag in DoJ, to not implement the 'balancing' garbage, the abysmal release of the incomplete legendary greensteel with its host of other bugs for u29, and now the latest in DDO FUCKERY. It's not what they do, it's what they don't do almost as seemingly to give them something to "fix" at a later time, you know, when they get around to it.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:25am by Novalis »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:17am:
I logged on right in the middle of a conversation when I caught them in the middle of their revels of the complaints from players like they were having a Georgia hootnanny.

And you didn't screenshot it instantly and post it on the forums?   Either you're full of shit or dumb as shit.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2016 at 1:19am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but

Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 1:19am:
And you didn't screenshot it instantly and post it on the forums?   Either you're full of shit or dumb as shit.

Acquiring the transcripts won't be too hard. I'll see what can be done.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:17am:
It's not what they're doing, it's what they're NOT doing that is breaking the game incremental and consistently every day. The nerfing of the champ chests and tome drops, ToEE bullshit, purposely letting the fanbois run wild, censoring of dissenting commentary, ignoring the commanding pleas to fix lag in DoJ, to not implement the 'balancing' garbage, the abysmal release of the incomplete legendary greensteel with its host of other bugs for u29, and now the latest in DDO FUCKERY. It's not what they do, it's what they don't do almost as seemingly to give them something to "fix" at a later time, you know, when they get around to it.

I don't agree with everything you say, but I do agree with this.
For some reason it has become okay to publish something that is 25% complete and say job done.  Do a few patches post release to take it to 40% complete and leave it like that.

We've heard all the game industry insiders telling us it is the norm to publish at 75% complete and patch the rest in order to use your early customers as beta testers.
But Turbine has taken even this to a new level of bullshit.
Cheered on by their either paid for fan club or fucking blind idiots.

Their recent stuff has been absolute garbage.
LGS could have been the old level 20 grind to keep players busy for years.  Instead, it is so non-compelling that the only people interested are the dupers.  And even they went "meh".

Good job devs.  Keep up the hi-fives.  When the "whales" dry up, you're fucked.
What happened to people taking pride in their work?  Why is the gaming industry exempt from that?
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2016 at 2:51am by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 4:05am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 27th, 2016 at 11:05pm:
6 man content isn't a huge issue for me.  Raids are unplayable.

6 man has enough lag to kill people.

I typically had zero lag ever, could go a week without even seeing a little 5 second lag spike.  I now lag in dungeons and wilderness areas.  All since the data center move.  Raiding has almost dried up, and when they are run it is at N so people might be alive after the lag ends, because the mobs just do lower damage.

Severlain posted some horseshit about 'opening up new network paths', which is absolute BS if you only control the data center.  Maybe he's just phrasing it as if Turbine people did something more than opening their own ticket with their ISP, but it really just sounds like horseshit to me regardless.  At least one 2016 council member immediately jumped in to claim problem solved though, so if those idiots keep paying the game might stay open.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 6:22am
Print Post  
About a week ago I was doing the Baudry quest where you break chests.  Solo.  Lagged out.  wtf?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 4:05am:
At least one 2016 council member immediately jumped in to claim problem solved though, so if those idiots keep paying the game might stay open.

It doesn't matter if a few fanbois hop on the forums and say "lag problem solved".  Most everyone in game is experiencing the lag and is fucking pissed.  I passed on buying points this weekend on a double points sale and made sure Turbine knew why (and I'm one of those 2016 PC idiots).  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only regular spender who chose to not to partake in this weekends sale.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Did a Von5/6 heroic yesterday, shortmanned it (7 ppl), two bad lag spikes but nothing laggy that wasn't during the spikes.

The bad spikes were BAD, though.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 10:04am:
I passed on buying points this weekend on a double points sale and made sure Turbine knew why

How'd you do that?  Forum post?  Because that might possibly be read by someone in CS, or Snook.  Or it might not be read at all by anyone who works for Turbine. 

It won't get seen by anyone who will do anything other than maybe thing "Hmm, too bad about losing that $50."  I've cancelled my VIP renewal, but since that won't be up for renewal for a few months there won't be anything to tie that cancellation with anything at all.  And I'm not sure that's any point in trying to track down who might actually give a damn over there, because a years VIP is a whole $120 and do they care about that?  If I knew there was someone who was collecting this kind of info so that they might see a bigger dollar figure once it was all added up I'd submit it to them.  But again, I don't think they have any such person on their staff.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #18 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I was speaking solo experience, usually but not always eH. Unplayable in places, but just unbearable for the most part. Had too many stupid deaths unable to interact with the character to bother playing until it improves. You can still tell if it's shitty or not as soon as you're in range of active mobs, it starts spluttering and clanging and eventually falls over. Thelanis, solo, about 1500-1700ESTish. Used to get the usual occasional bearable lag except for known bad spots, like everyone else. Now as above since data centre move. Meh.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #19 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Yes it's fixed, the game is smooth as baby's arse.
Sev_Pay made sure that many useful changes like Manyshot, Fvs Archon and mob "ai" were done.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #20 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:12am:
How'd you do that?  Forum post?  Because that might possibly be read by someone in CS, or Snook.  Or it might not be read at all by anyone who works for Turbine. 

It won't get seen by anyone who will do anything other than maybe thing "Hmm, too bad about losing that $50."  I've cancelled my VIP renewal, but since that won't be up for renewal for a few months there won't be anything to tie that cancellation with anything at all.  And I'm not sure that's any point in trying to track down who might actually give a damn over there, because a years VIP is a whole $120 and do they care about that?  If I knew there was someone who was collecting this kind of info so that they might see a bigger dollar figure once it was all added up I'd submit it to them.  But again, I don't think they have any such person on their staff.

I've said before that I'm on the Players Council this year.  There are direct communication channels.  And, no a single transaction isn't a deal breaker.  But every transaction that is reported represents another 20 that happened where the person didn't say anything.  The overwhelming majority of disgruntled people who cease to use a provider or withhold sales do so quietly.  They just leave with no feedback.  That's not news.  It is taught in every business college in the country and it is in hundreds of business books.

And they can certainly count.  If the numbers are off by more than 10%, they will see it quickly.  And feel it quickly.      

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #21 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 11:41am:
Yes it's fixed, the game is smooth as baby's arse.
Sev_Pay made sure that many useful changes like Manyshot, Fvs Archon and mob "ai" were done.

lol

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:33pm:
I've said before that I'm on the Players Council this year.  There are direct communication channels.
So, forum post.  And while I'm not on the PC and have only second hand info the people I've spoken with about their PC experience have said that Snook is the guy who runs the PC forums.  So basically the same roadblock as the regular forums, except it's probably more likely that he reads things you post there.  I would be surprised if he cared much at all about you posting that you didn't buy some TP because of the lag, and I'd be surprised if he actually does anything with that kind of information.  But you have his ear, so why don't you ask him to describe how he handles such reports?

And they can certainly count.  If the numbers are off by more than 10%, they will see it quickly.  And feel it quickly.

I'm sure that the people in accounting can count.  I'm just not sure I'd give them any more credit about associating any loss in revenues with the data canter move lag fest.  How revenue information is filtered to the devs and CS personnel is more important.  If it gets to them after a quarter or more is it relevant any longer?  The fire they need to be lit under their asses about losing customers over the new lag needs to happen sooner rather than later.

My knowledge of my employers finances has very typically been exactly the same as anyone who didn't work there:  Follow the stock ticker and watch the financial news.  That has been the case with very little exception regardless of whether I was working for a Fortune 100 company or a ma-and-pa shop with 50-200 employees.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2016 at 6:13pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 28th, 2016 at 10:04am:
It doesn't matter if a few fanbois hop on the forums and say "lag problem solved".  Most everyone in game is experiencing the lag and is fucking pissed.  I passed on buying points this weekend on a double points sale and made sure Turbine knew why (and I'm one of those 2016 PC idiots).  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only regular spender who chose to not to partake in this weekends sale. 

I took this weekend's sale as a cynical attempt to wring a last few dollars out of the game on the edge of a precipice.  (This isn't a doom post). 
They shouldn't be trying to sell players shit, they should be giving shit away - big time.  Try to keep people invested, even though they can't actually play because running anything is a lottery.
Run events that are less susceptible to lag.  Find hidden crap in public instances, riddles leading to hidden chests of cool things where you can pick one item from.  Stuff to entertain the masses.  Serious players won't care for it, but they have nothing to keep them anyway.

Something they have done has really fucked the game up and it is getting worse for me, not better.

Lots of players have left and are leaving.  Even if they magically fix the lag through dumb luck, how do they convince the pop to come back?
Depending on how long it takes, people will find other things to do.

These creativity starved dickheads had better stop eating fucking pies and bagels and start working on some plans to save their jobs.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Mar 28th, 2016 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
It is taught in every business college in the country and it is in hundreds of business books.

There's your problem right there!
The Turbine version of business acumen is Fernando.
With leadership like that, you think they'll get the message?

I really do hope so.
Because by your own admission, lots have left but I don't see anything changing yet?  Surely they would see logins down I not spending?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint