Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DDO fixed just ask the pallys (Read 1929 times)
platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

DDO fixed just ask the pallys
Mar 29th, 2016 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473933-Noticeable-Lag-Improvement#post...
Noticeable Lag Improvement
Thelanis, about 30 minutes after it was back online. 10 man EN DoJ, a little stutter at beginning and end but nothing out right bad like it was. Before was almost unplayable for me, now it is just as good if not better than pre-move.

Don't know if it will come back when the servers populate as the day goes on but decent now.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Re: DDO fixed just ask the pallys
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Some people have a short memory ... they restarted the servers last week and although there may have been less lag at the beginning, it still went back up to lag standards.

Restarting the servers again and claiming they're actually trying to fix stuff this time (like they didn't even look for issues last time?) isn't going to yield different results.

I think it's a ploy for downsizing and hastily merging the servers with the one that lags less and call it day, turning off support and bug reports.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I'd give it as least 24 hours, if not 'til the weekend, to call the lag "improved", much less "fixed".

And by "fixed", do we mean "gone" or "back to the way it was, which was still shitty, but infinitely better than what we have now"?

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Personally, as I hardly saw any lag, I'd agree with the "back to the way it was".

At least, the old datacenter lag was of the manageable kind... the new lag just let you hanging in midair.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
It requires testing during peak load.  Not when nobody is on because of a recent reboot and it being off hours.  But after tonight we should have a better feel.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:50pm:
It requires testing during peak load.  Not when nobody is on because of a recent reboot and it being off hours.  But after tonight we should have a better feel.

Yep. 30 mins after the server goes live..."yeah! lag is gone!"  ROFLMAO

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Well I will say this,  I was able to do a DotJ and MoD last night.  The lag was still there,  but small enough that we could work thru it with only 8 people.  Which it hasn't been the past couple weeks since the move.  Before it was enter combat and unfreeze 10 mins later to a wipe.  So small improvement?  Maybe?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Mar 29th, 2016 at 5:15pm:
And by "fixed", do we mean "gone" or "back to the way it was, which was still shitty, but infinitely better than what we have now"?

I will be selfish and accept "back to the way it was" since for me that meant commiserating with people who bitched about a problem I never saw.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint