Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I submit (Read 2456 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

I submit
Mar 30th, 2016 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/473940-2-Loot-bonus-weekend-coming-but...

meh, I have to start studying for the CFA exams anyway

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: I submit
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
I can haz your stuff?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 30th, 2016 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 30th, 2016 at 9:00pm:

Wow, that's telling it like it is!
Nice posts btw.

I wonder how Cordoban will react to personal criticism - probably the usual way.  Using the Kim Jong Un PR model, if they stick their head in the sand long enough, all these dissidents will go away and life will be rosy again...right?

Unfortunately, the forum Paladins will jump in and tear you apart.
Best thing is to ignore them and just keep posting the AH stats.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 12:43am
Print Post  
It's funny.  I check AH as I log on, then as I log off for exactly the same reasons: good loot.  I can see how you correlate the loss of very good end game items for sale to population.  I think you have something there.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 3:33am
Print Post  
just wanted to say that triple posts, especially ones that are all within a 5 minute window, make you appear to be an angry child as opposed to an intelligent consumer making valid points. next time u are drilling someone/something with vehement accuracy, make sure you dont give people a reason to dismiss your truths. they'll take any excuse to do so and a perception of you based on extremely limited observation will take precedence every day to valid points in any internet based discussion

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 6:58am
Print Post  
Cordi-qoute from thread -

Quote:
The +2 Loot Boost improves loot for many players, although you are correct that we still have a bug to fix that impacts the benefit from people playing legendary content at higher difficulties, particularly if they are attempting to stack several sources of Loot Boost. Ultimately, we have the bonus in place for the weekend because it will provide a benefit to many players.

translation -
  Although we introduced legendary content for endgame players, our focus is still for players to play the reincarnation game, just as they did when epic levels were introduced and the cap was 20. And yes, we are ignoring the fact that if you've been playing the reincarnation game for multiple lives already, you no longer need twink gear that this loot boost will give you.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2016 at 6:58am by Barkabout »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 8:19am
Print Post  
I could disagree with the word "population" because I think of "population" as "the active player base".  The problem is that the "active player base" is a binary.  You either play ddo or you do not.   But a player who plays ddo on weekends only is a part of the population the same as a player who logs in every day.   

My point is that the lag is causing the player base to decline but it is also causing active players to play less.    I would still consider myself an active player and a member of the "population" but My play time is probably down about 80%.  I'm logging in once or twice a week.  However I'm only working on tr's because raids are broken.  The only raiding I've done in the last 7 days is two LN shrouds.  No end game runs means I'm not ah'ing anything.  I'm usually good for 10-15 items on the asah (all level 28 or higher) on an ongoing basis.  Right now I have no items on the Asah.  So your system removed me from the population because my asah activity went away but I'm still in the population.  Just not as often and not in the same level range.   

I think your method is a great tracker of player activity level at end game/cap.  Which i would argue is actually down 80-90%.  Not 2/3rds.    So I'm not really disagreeing with you about how bleak it is.  It's really fucking bad.  I logged in at 10:08pm and logged out at 10:21pm.   There was nothing I wanted to do.  I've not felt that way consistently for a long while.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
yeah i mean it could be 66% or it could be 80-90%.

Thing is there still seem to be a fair few number of lower level LFMs so I figured I'd go with the conservative guess.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint