Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kobold Invasion (Read 4528 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Kobold Invasion
Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:01am
Print Post  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Re: Kobold Invasion
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Oh, yeah. I hate this April Fool's bullshit they pull every year. Don't they have better shit to do? I mean, I know it's just Cordovan doing this, but seriously - even he should have better shit to do than this. If he doesn't, then they don't need him as badly as he would like to think they do.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:21am:
Oh, yeah. I hate this April Fool's bullshit they pull every year. Don't they have better shit to do? I mean, I know it's just Cordovan doing this, but seriously - even he should have better shit to do than this. If he doesn't, then they don't need him as badly as he would like to think they do.

I'm pretty sure most vaulties would rather Cordo do less work.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:17pm:

Well, when you put it that way, yeah, great job with the April Fools threads!  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 10:21am:
...even he should have better shit to do than this. If he doesn't, then they don't need him as badly as he would like to think they do.

Hi Welcome

His official title on the official forums is Community Manager.   Have you seen that "community" lately.   Mismanagement is about the only type of management he's been doing for a long time.  Here's a short, very incomplete list of the "shit he does".
  • Is far more active posting in food, joke, and off-topic threads than on threads regarding update notes, serious issues, and customer satisfaction.
  • Blatant favoritism towards his sycophantic fanboys and highly protectionists moderation with regard to the posting and the forum's code of conduct.
  • Complete failure on detailed and transparent communications regarding the post-datacenter move lag problems.
  • Lack of any communications regarding compensatory and concilatory steps to be taken in an effort to retain highly dissatisfied customers related to said lag problems.
  • Takes weekends off while the lagapocalypse burns the subscriber base and forums down around him.

He's Turbine's equivalent of Nero during the Great Fire of Rome.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:33pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:29pm:
Hi Welcome

His official title on the official forums is Community Manager.   Have you seen that "community" lately.   Mismanagement is about the only type of management he's been doing for a long time.  Here's a short, very incomplete list of the "shit he does".
  • Is far more active posting in food, joke, and off-topic threads than on threads regarding update notes, serious issues, and customer satisfaction.
  • Blatant favoritism towards his sycophantic fanboys and highly protectionists moderation with regard to the posting and the forum's code of conduct.
  • Complete failure on detailed and transparent communications regarding the post-datacenter move lag problems.
  • Lack of any communications regarding compensatory and concilatory steps to be taken in an effort to retain highly dissatisfied customers related to said lag problems.
  • Takes weekends off while the lagapocalypse burns the subscriber base and forums down around him.

He's Turbine's equivalent of Nero during the Great Fire of Rome.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/sites/default/files/field/image/nero-rome.jpg

Well, I'm not really sure what you expect him to do on weekends. It's very unlikely anyone is working on solving the lag problem on the weekends. Hell, I would expect Turbine's SLA with their new datacenter doesn't allow for tech support on the weekends except in very limited circumstances and anything outside of those circumstances is probably exorbitantly costly - all in a bid to keep their expenses down otherwise.

As for the off-topic posts, he must be preventing those from hitting the dev tracker - or I'm just not checking the dev tracker often enough.

I've seen the favoritism and it is truly blatant. It's complete bullshit.

As for the compensatory and conciliatory steps they're taking, I don't think they're taking any. Though, I'm not sure what they could do that would really help change people's attitudes.

Mostly, I figure he's just a keyboard jockey and is pretty much the lowest minion possible. So, he probably just takes his orders about what he can talk about, how he says it, and that's the end of it. Because he probably realizes that if he pushes back,  they'll take his peanuts away. Or because the entire corporate culture is utterly rancid shit and nobody gives a fuck - so why should Cordovan give a fuck when nobody else does?

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
It's always nice to see "they" can play around on the forums, but when there is something more important needing an official answer nobody is around.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #7 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
and whenever that butterball 'plays' with shit he shouldn't, he breaks it ...... cookies, forums down, etc etc

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:17pm:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:52pm:
Well, I'm not really sure what you expect him to do on weekends. It's very unlikely anyone is working on solving the lag problem on the weekends. Hell, I would expect Turbine's SLA with their new datacenter doesn't allow for tech support on the weekends except in very limited circumstances and anything outside of those circumstances is probably exorbitantly costly - all in a bid to keep their expenses down otherwise.

When your company's core revenue-generating product/system/application is essentially unavailable and causing you to bleed customers, if you're the person in charge of community relations with said customers, you'd damned sure better be actively communicating with them and do everything in your power to provide assurances that fixing the problem is the top/only priority until the problem is fixed.

Or you can do what Cordovan did and take the "no fucks are given" approach and check out for the weekend while the community you supposedly manage goes ballistic.

nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 2:52pm:
As for the off-topic posts, he must be preventing those from hitting the dev tracker - or I'm just not checking the dev tracker often enough.

The multitude of lag rage threads has put his previous flurry of posts on oatmeal cookies, pie time, etc. multiple pages back.  Prior to the lagapocalypse, those posts were more numerous than his posts in threads involving actual game updates, bugs, issues, etc.

Lest you start to think that the lack of cookie posts on the first page of the dev tracker indicates that he is taking it seriously, look closely at the actual responses and you'll see that they're just fluff and vague, hand-wavey promises that they're fixing things.   No real communication or details.  Sure, it may be better than nothing, but it's the absolute bare minimum better than nothing.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:13pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
They are spamming their own forums to drown out all the lag threads.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm:

This sounds like it's probably the real reason for the Kobold forums.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This sounds like it's probably the real reason for the Kobold forums.

Misdirection happens all the time in the media. Why would it be any different on the forums? When done right, it can be a brilliant type of magic.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Apr 1st, 2016 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Apr 1st, 2016 at 4:56pm:

And here I thought it was a honeypot to find the next generation of bootlickers and brown nosers.  They have to replace the ones that rage quit from the lag fiasco.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:57pm
Print Post  
I swear to god that while I was looking at those Kobold threads I could hear Urrlicker pleasuring himself. The whole 'kobold' thing is the biggest crock of crap on the MOBOs and I for one am so tired of it.

« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:58pm by »  

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2016 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I swear to god that while I was looking at those Kobold threads I could hear Urrlicker pleasuring himself. The whole 'kobold' thing is the biggest crock of crap on the MOBOs and I for one am so tired of it.

It wasn't himself that he was pleasuring.
He works under Cordo's desk.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint