Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Facebook sock paladins (Read 11285 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Facebook sock paladins
Reply #25 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 6:58am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 5:35am:
like i said, scuttlebutt. so i dont have specifics, i believe he said something to do with routers, they are fixed now though, i have heard 2 things regarding the new data center, i heard that they closed for maintenance (no details) and they weren't actually even hosting ddo yet and the devs lied, and i have heard that they are hosting ddo but not operating at full capacity, both times i was told June for the date it would be rectumfied rectified.

It doesn't take 3 months to have router stuff. ( even the most obscure ethernet card in our router product lines at work can be delivered to a customer asking for it the next day [ at worst ]... and that's ultra specialized equipments... stuff like there's 3 cards like that in service over all the ISPs in France, and we are the only supplier of them. )

The hosting bit is obviously a fail, since the game changed IPs and the traceroutes shows that they moved.

Not operating at full capacity ?  come on, it's a fucking datacenter, before getting tenants it has it's infrastructure sorted out... and since it's probably not a new datacenter the infrastructure was ( mostly already there ).

I'm leaning more in the direction of a software issue that will takes 3 months to have it fixed.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 5th, 2016 at 10:12pm:

Smiley

Facebook page is basically the Vault without exploits and boobies. Which yes, is most of it, but I don't get any more of an urge to kill myself reading it as I do this board, and there's more or less an equal amount of popcorn.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 10:18am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 5:35am:
like i said, scuttlebutt. so i dont have specifics, i believe he said something to do with routers, they are fixed now though, i have heard 2 things regarding the new data center, i heard that they closed for maintenance (no details) and they weren't actually even hosting ddo yet and the devs lied, and i have heard that they are hosting ddo but not operating at full capacity, both times i was told June for the date it would be rectumfied rectified.

If this is true, then U31 will almost certainly not launch until June, if at all. Of course, Turbine has shown that they're not opposed to launching content in conditions that are not at all ideal.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Apr 6th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on Apr 6th, 2016 at 10:18am:
If this is true, then U31 will almost certainly not launch until June, if at all. Of course, Turbine has shown that they're not opposed to launching content in conditions that are not at all ideal.

If they launch a content patch with things like this,  I'm going to sit back and roast marshmallows on the resulting fires.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Jackson Gibbs

"Fix your computer/router/firewall/Internet. At least 3 of those are in your control."

"The 'lag' you speak of is just an excuse for you doing something stupid, or your inability to configure your computer/router/firewall."

"Why try and say the same thing that has been told to you, for years? Either you can't configure your stuff, or you have it 'over-configured.' You are the only one who can determine that. Or it could be your Windows 10 experiment, that is happening now."

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Apr 11th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Vaulties often continue complaining about the game after they quit. It is entirely possible that these are fanboys continuing to defend the game after quitting.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2016 at 5:07pm:
Vaulties often continue complaining about the game after they quit. It is entirely possible that these are fanboys continuing to defend the game after quitting.

I don't see the correlation of why they would have quit the game. I could see them continuing to play the game, and just turning a blind eye to the lag.

Also:

Lawrence Smith
"Your 'lag' is client-side. Ran quests and raid last night, with no problem whatsoever."
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 9:47am by Knight Solaire »  

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #32 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Way the hell too late.  If they don't have this thing fixed soon,  and I mean really damn soon,  they're going to end up closing the game down.  The population wasn't healthy before and it's just bleeding players away right now.

Agreed, im a ddo junkie, im even for the first time in 6 years thinking of taking a break from the game. something I find really hard to do, but the lag is making that choice a lot easier....

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
wogoflove wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 5:32pm:
Agreed, im a ddo junkie, im even for the first time in 6 years thinking of taking a break from the game. something I find really hard to do, but the lag is making that choice a lot easier....

I know so many people that have said the same.  They plan on being back if they fix it,  but if it takes too long,  people find other things to do and Turbine will have lost a customer.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #34 - Apr 13th, 2016 at 4:06am
Print Post  
He's the hero DDO deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Jackson Gibbs

"I wonder how many of these whiners are using Windows 10? I use Windows 7, refuse to 'upgrade to Windows 8(a tablet operating system being pushed to workstations/laptops), and Windows 10 is not really that much better. I tested Windows 10 on a spare computer, and tried running DDO on it, and for the first time, duplicated some of the issues the whiners and criers are whining about. So it could be something with Windows 10 that is not compatible with the DDO client. While I do not think that there is too much Turbine can do, if it is client operating systems that is causing the problem, I dread when they try to impliment some sort of fix, and ruin the game to those of us steadfastly refusing to go to Windows 10."

Lawrence Smith likes this

Also, is it because I'm not logged in, or has Jerry disabled comments on the posts on the facebook page? They're all gone from what I can see.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:02pm:
I wonder how many of these whiners are using Windows 10? I use Windows 7, refuse to 'upgrade to Windows 8(a tablet operating system being pushed to workstations/laptops), and Windows 10 is not really that much better.

Too bad : I complain, and I'm still under 7.

That idiot really makes me consider creating a fesse de bouc account, just so that I can debunk that kind of shit.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:02pm:
I wonder how many of these whiners are using Windows 10? I use Windows 7, refuse to 'upgrade to Windows 8(a tablet operating system being pushed to workstations/laptops), and Windows 10 is not really that much better. I tested Windows 10 on a spare computer, and tried running DDO on it, and for the first time, duplicated some of the issues the whiners and criers are whining about.

So turbine switches datacenters, suddenly everyone gets lag, and the more logical conclusion to these idiots is that thousands of people have broken computers?  That's gold.

I should willingly abandon windows 10 and run windows 7 specifically so I can play ddo?  How many other unreasonable accommodations does a person have to make to enjoy the privilege of playing Turbine's game?  Almost makes me want to go to mobos and ask Turbine if I need to buy a spare computer running windows 7 to play ddo, but then I'd have to go to mobos.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:12pm by Mr Reilly »  

- Zorro

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #38 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
Almost makes me want to go to mobos and ask Turbine if I need to buy a spare computer running windows 7 to play ddo

Since DDO predates Win7 (and Vista), I would be surprised if you wouldn't be told to use WinXP.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #39 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:26pm:
Since DDO predates Win7 (and Vista), I would be surprised if you wouldn't be told to use WinXP.

well I did start playing DDO on a W2K Advanced Server... ( because that was the only W2K version that could cope with the Pentium D in my home computer that I could get my hands on, that also had Mirroring and some other weird stuffs I wanted to look at... at home )

I moved on XP pretty fast though as my needs for Mirroring and the other weirdness from W2K Adv Serv weren't compensating the pain it was to have on a home PC. ( and I got my hands on an Ultra 2 Sparc server, so all the server stuff I wanted to play with were moved to Solaris )

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:59pm:
Too bad : I complain, and I'm still under 7.

That idiot really makes me consider creating a fesse de bouc account, just so that I can debunk that kind of shit.

Facebook game pages could really use someone like you on them.  You see some of the stupidest shit on them.  From people raging that they have lag when the second ping from their house has 50% loss,  to people that don't believe the server ever lags.  I've yet to find one that isn't a cesspool of ignorance.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
I should willingly abandon windows 10 and run windows 7 specifically so I can play ddo?

No. But you might want to, for privacy reasons. Win 10 still collects your data, even after you manually change all the "Please watch me shit" creeper options.
http://www.computerworld.com/article/2968288/microsoft-windows/windows-10-makes-...

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
‎Julián Andrés Ortiz Ruíz‎ to Dungeons & Dragons Online
April 27 at 5:05pm ˇ
After a one and half hour playing ToEE, we die stuck in the lag.

Jackson Gibbs No, the room with 5 bosses, and you do something stupid, is why we wiped. Quit blaming non-existent 'lag' on the party stupidity.
ˇ April 27 at 7:03pm

Julián Andrés Ortiz Ruíz Is not our case, all the party die, against normal mobs, we cant move, and after five minutes, surprise ĄĄ
ˇ April 27 at 7:10pm

Julián Andrés Ortiz Ruíz Of course after we use cakes a
to finisht the quest with a half party, in think the lag is a cake sell strategy.
ˇ April 27 at 7:12pm

Jackson Gibbs IF there was 'lag,' which there is not, still would not entice me to buy cakes. Or to keep in inventory, especially after the 'freebies' from a couple of years ago, were so easily 'destroyed' in combat, if they were in inventory.
ˇ April 27 at 7:55pm

Julián Andrés Ortiz Ruíz Well as you say, it was no lag, just an illusion that affected all the party.
ˇ April 27 at 8:03pm

Jackson Gibbs You ALL did something stupid, together..........and blaming non-existent 'lag' is the most common excuse that is used. Nothing like blaming something else for your failures.
ˇ Yesterday at 4:45am

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:00pm:
Jackson Gibbs You ALL did something stupid, together..........and blaming non-existent 'lag' is the most common excuse that is used. Nothing like blaming something else for your failures.
ˇ Yesterday at 4:45am

It takes some balls to be the guy who wasn't even there telling a whole group of people what their experience actually was and how badly they suck.

"Non-existent lag", seems to me like a troll who doesn't even play the game just trolling.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:19pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 3:18pm:
It takes some balls to be the guy who wasn't even there telling a whole group of people what their experience actually was and how badly they suck.

"Non-existent lag", seems to me like a troll who doesn't even play the game just trolling.

Nope, that just sounds more like Sev's approach to PR.
Grin
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 6:55pm by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #45 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Facebook trolls are worse than forum trolls.  By far.  I'm surprised Turbine doesn't use twitter more.  Twitter trolls are the worst.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #46 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:41pm:
Facebook trolls are worse than forum trolls.  By far.  I'm surprised Turbine doesn't use twitter more.  Twitter trolls are the worst. 

Nah, you haven't seen Usenet Trolls

any other Troll subtype is weaksauce compared to a real Usenet Troll.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #47 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
its probably someone at turbine. you can actually contract companies to do this for you. ddo in its constant cost-saving state, would be better off adding that responsibility to a forum janitors job description than contracting it to an outside third party entity

heres an example of what i describe from some shitty old site http://boingboing.net/2006/02/06/did-nvidia-hire-an-a.html

Quote:
I interviewed for a guerilla marketing business in San Francisco that targeted web forums.
I was told that if I accepted the job, I was to have at LEAST 50 identities on as many forums as I could muster (they wanted 100 eventually), with a goal of 5 posts an hour. The posts had to be well thought out, and the idea was that I was to establish multiple identities with a history on the forums, so that when the timing was right a well written but subtly placed marketing post could be finessed in. And regular visitors would recognize the post as coming from a long time poster.

and another more extreme example from http://www.theguardian.com/environment/georgemonbiot/2011/feb/23/need-to-protect...

Quote:
Every month more evidence piles up, suggesting that online comment threads and forums are being hijacked by people who aren't what they seem.

The anonymity of the web gives companies and governments golden opportunities to run astroturf operations: fake grassroots campaigns that create the impression that large numbers of people are demanding or opposing particular policies. This deception is most likely to occur where the interests of companies or governments come into conflict with the interests of the public. For example, there's a long history of tobacco companies creating astroturf groups to fight attempts to regulate them.

crediting things to 'trolls' completely dismisses any analysis. theyre the perfect scapegoat because 'its just what they do' and theres no point in thinking about it beyond that. but it is more often than not, an incorrect conclusion. there is always some motivation, a connection, a reason. Consider that gay spam poster. He didnt just come across the site randomly. he came with an agenda that was modified by stimuli that resulted in the retard we have today. He is an angry internet kid reacting to something in the best method he concluded possible. Turbine is no different. any shit tier media company would immediately go into damage control mode to protect whatever public image they had. and i doubt they are willing to actually pay someone else to do it. its someone associated with them.

basically im just saying that people who dont immediately recognize those inaccurate posts as damage control are fucking gay and retarded for not being aware of a marketing strategy that was named in 1984

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint