Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) "New" player (Read 8529 times)
AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

"New" player
Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
New player here! but old 30+ year pen n paper player,

I have played through the whole gamut of D&D video games.. from the c64 gold box series, to the original first D&D mmo darksun campaign setting online, baldurs, neverwinter etc, etc!
I took a long break from MMO's after 6 years warrior main tanking in warcraft endgame. My WoW guilds intense 5 night Raiding schedule totally burned me out bad on wanting to play with people or work as a team...

I Just recently decided to give this game a shot! Mostly due to finally having a nice computer that can run it with all details maxed!
This baby may be old with a dated engine and graphics but the level designers and map builders are top notch. The story's, DM narrative, sounds and music are also really top notch.

I have adventured solo so far (my choice) and I'm only lvl 8 pally and Every step I feel tons of effort to immerse you!

While I am not really into the VIP sub model, I have already inve$ted in both expansions and caught a nice 11000 turbine point coupon on checkout when buying both expansions!
After a few backpacks, shared stash, +6all ability & +UMD tome and all the monster manuals I'm almost broke but happy with my purchases!

I am also running into alot of people like me so far ingame with similar stories and I wanted to let some of the vets know that a lot of New player$ are arriving!
Karthos isle and Harbor are brimming with Newb activity! The 10th anniversary promotions appear to be a success from my vantage at the bottom!

While we may live in uncertain times, I feel this game is healthy and will continue to be healthy and progress in the near future.

My small newb request is to Please stop lag post whines, its not doing anything good but hurting the games chances of drawing/keeping new paying customers.
If the lag is too much for you just take a break or instead sit back and smell some roses while soloing.

If you been gaming around long enough, you know data center moves rarely go off without a hitch.
Sometimes these things take time. Ive seen all these problems before in other games and they always work out.

Anyway, I just wanted to give thanks to all the players who have and are keeping this game alive and all the hard work the Devs have put in to create such a thing of D&D beauty!
I raise my mug to all of you and say Don't worry! Play happy! and be Positive!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Re: "New" player
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 3:44am
Print Post  
There is enough cock gobbling going on in that thread to give Rubbins a run for his money.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 5:10am
Print Post  
joins MMO - plays only solo - tells people-with-reason-to-moan-about-lag to play solo and moan less - in an MMO

...... the durp is strong

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Cordo making his own sock?

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Can a level 8 character buy a +6 stat tome?   I think that might have changed recently but I know you couldn't in the past unless you were high enough level to use it.  How's a new play on pally figuring out the value on umd cross class?   I dunno.   He spent on more solid options and avoided a lot of the early new player trap spends.  I call bullshit.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 7:39am
Print Post  
That has to be a sock.  Please tell me it's a sock.  My opinion of humanity's idiocy can't get much lower.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 7:48am
Print Post  
I'm guessing it's Fran.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 7:38am:
Can a level 8 character buy a +6 stat tome?   I think that might have changed recently but I know you couldn't in the past unless you were high enough level to use it.  How's a new play on pally figuring out the value on umd cross class?   I dunno.   He spent on more solid options and avoided a lot of the early new player trap spends.  I call bullshit.   

They've changed tomes so that you can use them at level 1 now, and the bonus will apply at the correct levels. It was changed a couple of updates ago. Tomes that were already in existence at that time were not changed retroactively. It was a change for new tomes acquired going forward.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Can a level 8 character buy a +6 stat tome?

Yes.  You can now buy and eat a +6 tome at level 1.  It will be applied incrementally as you level up.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
I wanna see his face when he first hears about duping.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #10 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:30am
Print Post  
There are online games out there that make DDO still look good. Try out Villagers & Heroes and the likes..
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:41am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:09am:
Yes.  You can now buy and eat a +6 tome at level 1.  It will be applied incrementally as you level up.

Would a brand new player who does not group with others and has not posted on the forums know to invest in this, though?

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:14am:
Would a brand new player who does not group with others and has not posted on the forums know to invest in this, though?

Of course not. It's more obvious than a P4P sock.
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:24am by LordHumungus »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  

I would think they would know to at least look through the store, especially if they've got the D&D video gaming history they claim to have. Also, if they've played any video games with in-game accessible stores, they probably know to check out the store right away. When I first started playing DDO, I'd never played a game that had an in-game store. Now that I have, if I play another one in the future, the store will be the first place I look.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 11:24am:
I would think they would know to at least look through the store, especially if they've got the D&D video gaming history they claim to have. Also, if they've played any video games with in-game accessible stores, they probably know to check out the store right away. When I first started playing DDO, I'd never played a game that had an in-game store. Now that I have, if I play another one in the future, the store will be the first place I look.

It's not that he invested, but what he invested in, or rather failed to invest in that stands out. The store is filled to the brim with useless shit like +5 armor for 250 TP and easily freely obtainable shit like drow, vet status or 32 pt build.

I was fortunate when I started that I knew some folks who had been playing for a while and warned me off of that garbage before I even considered it. I find it hard to believe that someone who just started playing on his own somehow dodged that newb trap bullet.

Not to mention that after 6 years of hardcore WoW raiding, he finally has a machine capable of running DDO with maxxed settings?!? Give me a fucking break. a Wal-Mart fucking laptop will do that for a few hundred bucks. The schmucks are slurping it all up like leftovers from Cordo's glass bottom boat and nearly every post is from one more fuck lining up to join the circle jerk in the hopes of catching a few drops of Sev seed on the chin.

Still, it's worth following on the off chance that someone will be willing to waste enough time to burn a sock for some giggles.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 12:11pm:
It's not that he invested, but what he invested in, or rather failed to invest in that stands out. The store is filled to the brim with useless shit like +5 armor for 250 TP and easily freely obtainable shit like drow, vet status or 32 pt build.

I was fortunate when I started that I knew some folks who had been playing for a while and warned me off of that garbage before I even considered it. I find it hard to believe that someone who just started playing on his own somehow dodged that newb trap bullet.

Not to mention that after 6 years of hardcore WoW raiding, he finally has a machine capable of running DDO with maxxed settings?!? Give me a fucking break. a Wal-Mart fucking laptop will do that for a few hundred bucks. The schmucks are slurping it all up like leftovers from Cordo's glass bottom boat and nearly every post is from one more fuck lining up to join the circle jerk in the hopes of catching a few drops of Sev seed on the chin.

Still, it's worth following on the off chance that someone will be willing to waste enough time to burn a sock for some giggles.

These are good points. I had kind of questioned the mention of WoW raiding and "finally" having a computer capable of running DDO. It seemed to me that his machine should be capable of DDO if it's capable of WoW.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #16 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  

I think it's possible.

I'm not saying it's likely.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #17 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
He spent on more solid options and avoided a lot of the early new player trap spends.  I call bullshit.   

I didn't expect him to be a sock outright, but damn, you're right!

Shows again the depravity of the Turdbin-cocksuckers over there! Or was it a false flag sock to denounce them with this bullshit beeing too obvious? I don't know, I don't care. The shit hit the fan. The forum rage  can't be controlled anymore. Cordo is closing threads by the dozen. Everyone's starting a lag thread (if they haven't left already)

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Turd_Ferguson
Waterworks Kobold

It's a funny name.

Reply #18 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
That thread is a massive pile of horse shit. It's so obviously one of the half dozen shit for brains fanbois sock that anyone who can't see it for what it is is a fucking twit.

I would put money that it's either Uurlick or Qualor.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  

A veteran P&P player would know that tomes are valuable, powerful, and permanent. A veteran WoW player would know that gear is fleeting.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 12th, 2016 at 2:03pm:
A veteran P&P player would know that tomes are valuable, powerful, and permanent. A veteran WoW player would know that gear is fleeting.

A Veteran PnP player with 11k+ points to spend is also going to be an easy mark for something like Drow or a huge gem bag.

IP Logged

pape
Dragon Raider

Reply #21 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
So many !

It must be fran

IP Logged

wogoflove
Korthos Resident

Stop Breathing......

Reply #22 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
I like how he says he isn't into the VIP thing.
WOW is free to play to lvl 20. Blizzard makes sure if you want to play end game you pay.
"you pay or you go to hell!!!!:"  Grin
which has its pros and cons.
I think this is a fake account with all the spooge on top.

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #23 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
While I am not really into the VIP sub model, I have already inve$ted in both expansions and caught a nice 11000 turbine point coupon on checkout when buying both expansions!
After a few backpacks, shared stash, +6all ability & +UMD tome and all the monster manuals I'm almost broke but happy with my purchases!

Well he's keeping the devs happy

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - Apr 12th, 2016 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Yea.. i agree.. this is fake as fuck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint