Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) THE LATEST (Read 12018 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: THE LATEST
Reply #25 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:37am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 4:24am:
Not really possible, but with VMWare ESXI ( compared to VMWare Workstation ) you don't run your VMs on top of an OS... you run them straight on top of VMWare.
( so you get rid of the hosting OS. )

I thought that was exactly what I had said.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #26 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:37am:
I thought that was exactly what I had said.

You think that because you are familiar with what you're talking about and assume others are as well.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #27 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 9:39am:
The lag is so heinous now this game is very nearly unplayable.  Your party aggros more than half a dozen monsters and you're gonna get killed but Turbine loves it cause they sell tons of cakes.

People still buy cakes? You know Cards made those, right? If if people didn't enjoy that feature, Jibbers, etc.

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #28 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:07am
Print Post  
OnePercenter wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 8:26am:
People still buy cakes? You know Cards made those, right? If if people didn't enjoy that feature, Jibbers, etc.

I'm sure there are paladins buying cakes and cursing dupers.  Turbine loves them.  They make lag profitable.

- Zorro

IP Logged

Aau
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:20am
Print Post  
They need to change the power option from Power Saver to Max Performance.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 1:10pm:
If we weren't all idiots, we wouldn't be playing DDO.  A rational and intelligent person would have given up and gone to neverwinter long ago.

No, like I've said elsewhere - it still has a solid combat engine and some decent old content and you can ignore a lot of the recent shit if you want. So I'd define idiots more as playing NWO. because I've tried it and in my humble opinion it's not a patch on DDO, even current DDO.

Hopefully the lag improves/reverts to stable-ish usual, but if not then well, everyone has their tolerance level. Mine isn't far off, but I'm deliberately spacing my logins out to avoid unnecessarily annoying myself when nothing appears to have changed. (Let's see how things are after the update today, I suppose.)

You made me think though; it'd be an appropriate goodwill gesture on their part if they offered a coupon for 100 or so res cakes from the store, the good ones too. I get angry at the dying when it's not my fault, not the game, so some free cakes would ease that pain and I could enjoy the game and spend money again. At least until when/if they get a handle on the lag.

Unlikely though, I guess, if their revenue is tumbling from leaving players.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 10:57am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:44am:
No, like I've said elsewhere - it still has a solid combat engine and some decent old content and you can ignore a lot of the recent shit if you want. So I'd define idiots more as playing NWO. because I've tried it and in my humble opinion it's not a patch on DDO, even current DDO.

Hopefully the lag improves/reverts to stable-ish usual, but if not then well, everyone has their tolerance level. Mine isn't far off, but I'm deliberately spacing my logins out to avoid unnecessarily annoying myself when nothing appears to have changed. (Let's see how things are after the update today, I suppose.)

You made me think though; it'd be an appropriate goodwill gesture on their part if they offered a coupon for 100 or so res cakes from the store, the good ones too. I get angry at the dying when it's not my fault, not the game, so some free cakes would ease that pain and I could enjoy the game and spend money again. At least until when/if they get a handle on the lag.

Unlikely though, I guess, if their revenue is tumbling from leaving players.

That's a great idea. If I died because you screwed up your virtualization project then you should pay for the res not me. Let the challenge token vendor hand out 3 cakes per day until lag is fixed and I'd have a lot more incentive to start logging in and trying quests again. And if 3 cakes wasn't enough to get me through a high level run, I could drop to a lower level character, grab 3 more, and try again.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Knight Solaire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I'm not sure cakes would do much to curb frustrating, because the game is irritating to play when you're lagging even when you're stomping the mobs. Not only that, but cakes do nothing for your gear getting worn and your death timer.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
majmalphunktion wrote on Apr 13th, 2016 at 10:36pm:

Pretty game.  But also not fun.  Proof that you need more than a strong art department to have a fun game.  In fact, I don't rate art all that high on my list of things that make a game more enjoyable.  Part of why I have no problem playing older games like the infinity engine stuff.

Don't get me wrong, art is valuable, but gameplay waaaaaaay outranks it.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #34 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Knight Solaire wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 11:26am:
I'm not sure cakes would do much to curb frustrating, because the game is irritating to play when you're lagging even when you're stomping the mobs. Not only that, but cakes do nothing for your gear getting worn and your death timer.

All true. What the cakes would stop is the feeling that Turdbin doesn't mind lag because it sells cakes. That's just gasoline on the fire. And they should definitely turn off permanent item wear until they fix lag, that's another huge slap in the face.

This isn't about finding an acceptable solution, this is a tourniquet to stop the game from bleeding to death while they get it to the lag hospital. Unfortunately, the ambulance driver is lost and too proud to ask for directions.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Reply #35 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  

I'm actually surprised at all the hate NW is getting.  I've never tried it myself but figured a lot of people here were playing it and had moved there since there is a NW board here on the vault.  I'd heard some years back that's where all the cool kids were migrating to when they got sick of DDO.

And Turbine would never give a stack of cakes.  They'd probably do one and think they were being exceptionally generous.

- Zorro

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
There's an NW board but it has very little activity and the top thread is about how much NW sucks.

It was rife with exploits. Their "build your own content!" system worked out exactly as well as you'd expect(E.G. people made a constant stream of sploit' dungeons to reach mac level in days and get top gear)

So, yeah, no, I don't think anyone "went to" NW. At least no one has come back with good things to say.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #37 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
People still buy cakes?

Mr Reilly wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 9:07am:
I'm sure there are paladins buying cakes and cursing dupers.

I'm not even certain paladins would buy them... daily dices spam them enough I have a heap sitting on a mule with lots of stuff that comes from daily dices that I don't use.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #38 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I actually buy cakes all the time. 150 TPs is worth less to me than a single inventory slot.

Ok, its not actually that bad Tongue but I am often too lazy to remember to keep a few on hand, Have tons from Ottos and daily dice. Most of the time though its just easier to repeat the quest. Its very rare that a situation warrants a cake.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #39 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
This isn't about finding an acceptable solution, this is a tourniquet to stop the game from bleeding to death while they get it to the lag hospital. Unfortunately, the ambulance driver is lost and too proud to ask for directions.

He's using mob AI for pathing.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #40 - Apr 14th, 2016 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 14th, 2016 at 5:51pm:
He's using mob AI for pathing.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #41 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:48am
Print Post  

Only noobs.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #42 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:28pm
Print Post  

To hell with cakes as compensation.  That's like being okay with sloppy seconds from a $5 hooker.

Given that we're going on a month and the lag has effectively gutted the end-game raiding scene into nonexistence, they owe everyone a stack of cakes, a big stack of heroic and legendary raid timer bypasses, an Otto's box and a couple of raider's boxes at minimum.  They owe us this because that's roughly what end-gamers have lost out on in the past month if you assume 1-3 raids per night, the lag deaths and all the time wasted trying to run raids during this shit show they created through their lack of testing and general incompetence.

What will we actually get?  Probably a shitty cosmetic and an invisible pet because that's what makes the forum paladins warm and fuzzy.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:30pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
effectively gutted the end-game raiding scene into nonexistence

no way dude! last night eh shroud was only 80 minutes and 40 deaths. lag makes it interesting

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #44 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:34pm:
no way dude! last night eh shroud was only 80 minutes and 40 deaths. lag makes it interesting

We completed an LE Tempest Spine pug last night with some pretty shitty people in it.   That lag was better than last week's holocaust but it's still a long way from fixed.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #45 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I had to run HE Coal Chamber last night... since that quest is a gay and a half with no lag it was extra doses of no fun. No deaths and not really a challenge(I think one guy ended up soloing 1/3rd of it) but there was definitely no fun had by anyone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #46 - Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 2:53pm:
We completed an LE Tempest Spine pug last night with some pretty shitty people in it.   That lag was better than last week's holocaust but it's still a long way from fixed.

That's on a Thursday night.  Try it on a weekend at prime time when the other 20 people that haven't quit log in and overload the server.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2016 at 10:10pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 15th, 2016 at 1:28pm:
What will we actually get?  Probably a shitty cosmetic and an invisible pet because that's what makes the forum paladins warm and fuzzy.

What we will probably get is a large glass of shut the hell up and the forum paladins will be quite content with that because after all they never saw any lag anyway, and they have no friends in game so they didn't notice the lack of players.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #48 - Apr 16th, 2016 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Defiler ran twice last night.  First run bag lag in beginning.  Second set of archons we lost.  Got all the way to around 132 kills.  Only had lost those two archons.  Ten reinforcements drop, we had none. Two archons drop.  We say forget it focus on reinforcements.  We failed.  It said we lost 5 archons when it should have been only 4.  I've seen 3 sets drop, but they didn't last night. 

We retried.  Lag again same spots but lost no archons and completed. 

Subversion: ran on EE- got to rare salamander.  Go to beat him down and he wasn't there. 

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #49 - Apr 17th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
I used vmware to install kali linux once. Oh boy i performed some rly 1337 hacking with it.

I modified the metasploit client, wrote some special plug-ins with ruby, authored some leet python scrips and turned this bad boy to a full fledged, big motherfucking botnet spamming the whole fucking internet with some sweet old-school exploits and then uploading my fully encrypted payloads.

Let me tell you baby, i catched a lot of fish. My fully encrypted payloads were so 1337 that i bet if i resurect this beast, after like 3-4 years im still gonna get some sweet connections.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint