Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) So lag better for you guys? (Read 23103 times)
eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Re: So lag better for you guys?
Reply #50 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 6:42am
Print Post  
each post you make in this thread makes you look like a 12 year old who is upset that he cant speculate publicly over next weeks episode of his favorite anime

"my goal" if you can call it that, is to shit on people who act stupid on the internet and you are doing a good job of validating my presence

please continue to explain how upset you are regarding the fact that turbine isnt offering you enough information with respect to their internal process for you to CONSIDER THINGS in your room all day

please elaborate for me how im immature for pointing out how retarded it is to get upset that a million dollar corporation doesnt want to give you shitkids an invitation to the internal investigation of their most serious problem since the last serious problem

you legitimately believe, to the point of insulting those who oppose you, that you have some right and entitlement to propose guesses as to what the issue is with THEIR PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE. that is simply awesome

you are awesome and i am obtuse
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 6:43am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Jon Van Caneghem
Abbot Raider

I pee on thee

Reply #51 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Naruto is for faggots.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #52 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:00am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 6:42am:
each post you make in this thread makes you look like a 12 year old who is upset that he cant speculate publicly over next weeks episode of his favorite anime

"my goal" if you can call it that, is to shit on people who act stupid on the internet and you are doing a good job of validating my presence

please continue to explain how upset you are regarding the fact that turbine isnt offering you enough information with respect to their internal process for you to CONSIDER THINGS in your room all day

please elaborate for me how im immature for pointing out how retarded it is to get upset that a million dollar corporation doesnt want to give you shitkids an invitation to the internal investigation of their most serious problem since the last serious problem

you legitimately believe, to the point of insulting those who oppose you, that you have some right and entitlement to propose guesses as to what the issue is with THEIR PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE. that is simply awesome

you are awesome and i am obtuse

The only flaw with your argument is they're not the NSA and entitled to secrecy.  They're actually a hazbeen developer who charge people real money to use their product/service. 
And that service is largely deficient.  This actually invites criticism.

So as a potentially paying customer (past or present), he does have some right to know what is being done to address it so he can decide whether to continue paying for a deficient service.  The problem some of us face is the prepaid nature of the service means we have little chance to express our rejection of this poor service.

As Asheras said, a week or two of problems is subjectively acceptable (depends on your perspective and patience), but a month so far, with word they can't fix it till June is just pure BS.

When people like Asheras start getting pissed, Turdbine has a problem.

I don't think Digimonk thinks he is awesome - he's expressing frustration and I don't see your issue with it.
By your owns words, you don't even play the game, so how could you comprehend the frustration people are experiencing?  In which case, why mock it?

So if you're looking "to shit on people who act stupid on the internet", there's plenty of other threads and posters here where you can keep yourself busy.  Might I suggest you direct your energies where they are most needed?
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:01am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #53 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:53am
Print Post  
if a mans need to form opinions on something is so strong that it can generate 2 pages of justification for aforementioned desired speculation then who am i to stop them

if only turbine did the right thing as opposed to circling the wagons and giving virtually no useful details on the problem so that it wouldnt be hard to make even a semi-educated guess in your opinion, this whole conflict could have been avoided

i have had my opinion officially swayed and now join you in your good fight to demand that turbine give you enough information to form opinions to post on the vault. it is your right as an american in this world to have all the details and have no limits imposed upon your ability to make wild guesses regarding their intellectual properties.

no matter how offended you choose to be by the way i state the facts, the facts are still facts. turbine owes nothing, to anyone. you are retarded for even considering for a moment that you deserve information from a company who's success was probably catalyzed solely by their ability to hide information.

DropBear wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:00am:
So as a potentially paying customer (past or present), he does have some right to know what is being done to address it so he can decide whether to continue paying for a deficient service.  The problem some of us face is the prepaid nature of the service means we have little chance to express our rejection of this poor service.

well good thing you didnt click agree on the eula, and as a result are immune to this treachery.. oh wait- you DID click decline on the EULA right? other wise you would be bound to the terms in the liscensing agreement for a product as is, no refunds, no grounds for claims etc. well im not a lawyer so i wont speculate what it says.. ill just go fucking copy paste the good parts, im sure it will basically say "if this game sucks, we got your money and you agreed to it- fuck off"

5. Ownership.  You agree that, between you and Turbine, Turbine owns and shall continue to own all rights, title and interest in and to the Game, all copies thereof, and all content therein. The Game is protected by the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and other laws. The Game may contain materials licensed by third parties, and the licensors of those materials are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement with the right to enforce their rights against you if you violate this Agreement.  You agree that Turbine owns all rights and title in and to all Feedback and all ideas and inventions communicated by you to Turbine in connection with the Game, and that Turbine and its licensors may use, copy, modify, distribute, sublicense, create derivate works based on, and commercially exploit any such Feedback, ideas and inventions without restriction. To the extent that any portion of the Feedback is protectable by copyright, patent, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights, you agree to assign, and hereby assign, irrevocably all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback and all related rights to Turbine.   

7. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.  THE GAME IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGMMENT AND AVAILABILITY.

8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.  IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GAME OR ANY USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, DISRUPTION OF SERVICE OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.  IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GAME.  THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.

9. INDEMNIFICATION.  YOU HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, LIABILITY, INJURY, DAMAGE, LOSS OR EXPENSE (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, ARISING FROM, OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE GAME.

13. Miscellaneous.  You agree that you are not considered, and shall not represent yourself as, an agent, employee, joint venturer, or partner of Turbine.

agreeing to this eula waives your right to think at all, you exist for the sole purpose of inserting money, and are free to leave when you are no longer willing to do so.

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:53am:
well good thing you didnt click agree on the eula, and as a result are immune to this treachery.. oh wait- you DID click decline on the EULA right? other wise you would be bound to the terms in the liscensing agreement for a product as is, no refunds, no grounds for claims etc. well im not a lawyer so i wont speculate what it says.. ill just go fucking copy paste the good parts, im sure it will basically say "if this game sucks, we got your money and you agreed to it- fuck off"

agreeing to this eula waives your right to think at all, you exist for the sole purpose of inserting money, and are free to leave when you are no longer willing to do so.

I love it when someone trots out a huge pile of crap intended to make their point, but excludes things from the exact same source that disproves their point.

Why did you exclude 12?  Why didn't you fucking paste the actual good part, instead of the crap you think supports your position?

Quote:
12) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.  IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE GAME AND/OR THE GAME SERVER OR ANY USE THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, DISRUPTION OF SERVICE OR CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.  IN NO EVENT SHALL TURBINE, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED, OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE GAME (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE GAME SERVER).  THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.  In no event shall Turbine's aggregate liability, whether arising in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, exceed the total fees paid by you to Turbine during the six (6) months immediately prior to the time such claim arose.

While it might be small, it is an acknowledgement in the contract that Turbine might have to pay you back for the last 6 months prior to your complaint.

And also, signing (or agreeing to electronically) a contract does not necessarily mean that it is legally binding or cannot be challenged.  Talk to any man with a prenup who still had to pay out millions to their ex-wives.

Does this mean that I think that Turbine can be held liable for a failure to communicate?  No, of course not.  There is probably no situation under which even one of the biggest Turbine whales would get back more money than it would cost them to go through the legal process to try to collect back money they spent on the game.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #55 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:34am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 7:53am:
if a mans need to form opinions on something is so strong that it can generate 2 pages of justification for aforementioned desired speculation then who am i to stop them

if only turbine did the right thing as opposed to circling the wagons and giving virtually no useful details on the problem so that it wouldnt be hard to make even a semi-educated guess in your opinion, this whole conflict could have been avoided

i have had my opinion officially swayed and now join you in your good fight to demand that turbine give you enough information to form opinions to post on the vault. it is your right as an american in this world to have all the details and have no limits imposed upon your ability to make wild guesses regarding their intellectual properties.

no matter how offended you choose to be by the way i state the facts, the facts are still facts. turbine owes nothing, to anyone. you are retarded for even considering for a moment that you deserve information from a company who's success was probably catalyzed solely by their ability to hide information.

[Pointless EULA quotation]

1.  Not an American.  No sense of entitlement to anything other than a good gum tree and the occasional tourist.  Ah, I see the misunderstanding comes from the use of the word "right" which you assumed to mean legal right.  It wasn't.  Sorry, next point.

2.  Not demanding a refund or threatening legal action so the EULA is irrelevant.  There is no way to legally compel Turdbine to provide information.  I'm suggesting that voluntarily providing information would help them retain some customers. That is the objective of most businesses, other than Turdbine.

You're pretty riled up over this eh?

So you actually bothered to copy-paste the EULA to support your point?
Congrats, you officially have made more effort than Turdbine has thus far in dealing with this PR disaster.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:35am by DropBear »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #56 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:30am:
I love it when someone trots out a huge pile of crap intended to make their point, but excludes things from the exact same source that disproves their point.

Why did you exclude 12?  Why didn't you fucking paste the actual good part, instead of the crap you think supports your position?

the point is that digimonk believes that he is entitled to enough information to let him speculate on both things AND stuff

12 contributes nothing for or against the argument regarding what level of information he is entitled to, it only defines a maximum limit for which a consumer can seek reparations in case all other forms of diversion fail to negate liability

beyond that, everything you say is accurate and i appreciate your participation.

regarding drop bear, hes just reacting and im cool with that. "im pretty riled up over this" yes. yes i am. someone actually said these words: Since Turbine has circled the wagons and given virtually no useful details on the problem, it's hard to make even a semi-educated guess in my opinion. and people actually think it isnt gay and retarded. rest assured, it is.

the only people riled up here are the ones who've been hit too close to home when i said

eighnuss wrote on Apr 18th, 2016 at 4:46pm:
WE ARE FANS AND WE DEMAND TO SPECULATE

get over yourself if u had ANY self respect or value in real life you wouldnt be here to be affected by this

what kind of person plays a game for 10 years that was shit 10 years ago aside from a fucking invalid

inb4 YOU TOO BRO

but its ok. your time wasnt wasted here. you made good friends and great memories. dont remember ddo on her death bed, remember her on your first date and your first kiss.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #57 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 10:00am:
the point is that digimonk believes that he is entitled to enough information to let him speculate on both things AND stuff

There is no entitlement in my original post in this thread. 

It is easily verified by perusing the Dev Tracker on the forums that Turbine has not released enough detailed information for even the technically competent among their customers to make even a semi-educated guess on whether minor reductions in lag were the result of their recent hotfixes or just reduced server load due to customer loss. 

That has zero to do with any feelings of entitlement or lack thereof.  I did not say those incompetent failures working at Turbine owed us a detailed explanation.   It is entirely their prerogative and they have to deal with the consequences of their choice.

Since you persist in being a thick-headed jackass who infers things that were neither directly stated nor implied, this will be my last response to you.  There's no point in having a discussion with someone who is as deficient in reading comprehension as you.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:33pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:30am:
There is probably no situation under which even one of the biggest Turbine whales would get back more money than it would cost them to go through the legal process to try to collect back money they spent on the game.

This is likely true. 

However, it would be interesting to see what happened if a large amount of customers requested 6-month refunds.

If Turbine refused the refunds, paying customers could probably take them to small claims court.  Small claims court generally doesn't require you to hire a lawyer but it would require that Turbine send a representative for the hearing or risk a default judgement against them.

Even filing a small claims suit would probably not be worth the 6-month refund from a net money perspective once you factor in what your time is worth.   Oh well.
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:41pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #59 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:38pm:
This is likely true. 

However, it would be interesting to see what happened if a large amount of customers requested 6-month refunds.

If Turbine refused the refunds, paying customers could probably take them to small claims court.  Small claims court generally doesn't require you to hire a lawyer but it would require that Turbine send a representative for the hearing or risk a default judgement against them.

Even filing a small claims suit would probably not be worth the 6-month refund from a net money perspective once you factor in what your time is worth.   Oh well.

Financially it wouldn't make sense, but people sufficiently pissed off might do it just to be pricks. Numerous studies have shown people are willing to incur some personal costs in order to punish a wrongdoer. Turdbin's behavior may not be criminal, but it's certainly not right  Grin

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:38pm:
This is likely true. 

I had thought about this.  I think Turbine would simply ignore the claims and also ignore the judgements.  It's a legal oddity that a judgement to pay is not legally binding.  It might possibly hurt your credit rating, but you can't be forced by the court to pay, be held in contempt, etc.  My guess would be that most large companies have plenty of small dollar judgements against them that they ignore and which don't really hurt them.  It's like an elephant shrugging off a fly.  When your revenues are in the millions of dollars, an unpaid judgement or even hundreds for $60 each (6 months VIP refund) won't matter to your creditors.

Or they could pay.  I read the filing from Turbine against Atari.  It seemed to me that Turbine has so much invested in the game that they were willing to bend over backwards to cover Atari's breaches and pick up where Atari fell down or ignored their obligations.  Even when it cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars.  I can't imagine even the most organized of customer protests actually resulting in enough filings to amount to a dollar figure Turbine couldn't just pay and write off as a trivial amount.

Bottom line:  No customer or even group of hundreds of customers really matters to Turbine, financially.  Their attitudes and actions after the data center move seem to prove this.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #61 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Anywhoo . . . ran several raids tonight on G-land include EE Defile her, almost no lag.  At least no worse than it was before the server move, possibly better.

How's it on other servers?

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #62 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 10:49pm:
Anywhoo . . . ran several raids tonight on G-land include EE Defile her, almost no lag.  At least no worse than it was before the server move, possibly better.

How's it on other servers?

I've experienced no lag since I stopped playing DDO.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #63 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
No big spikes but constant combat lag. The usual stuff, abilities used to no effect but on cooldown, clickies charges gone with no effect, missing tactics, assassinates.

Loading bars stuck, can't fucking click quest or wilderness entrances for a while.

And the big thing, mobs ai seems completely turned off. They are dumber than ever.

It's still shit, and anyone who played other games and tries ddo must think what the fuck's going on with this game.

Spare me the bullshit, we just got used to complete fuck ups so even negligible improvement is a big deal.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #64 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
HUGE lag spikes in Thunderholme this afternoon. Only 9 people in the group too.

Lag is definitely NOT fixed!
« Last Edit: Apr 22nd, 2016 at 4:33pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #65 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Last night Raidathon was almost lag free...

a few small spikes during DoJ and Shroud, a huge one at Hound completion...

Now it's not very representative, we were shortmanning the stuff ( 7 people, up to 10 including piking accounts )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Since the maintenance on 4/14 lag has improved considerably.

Quests are runnable again without lag, or with at least very minimal lag as in maybe 1-2 little spikes per run as opposed to the constant issues that the data center move introduced.  Lag in friendly zones is gone/much improved as well.

Raiding is again possible above EN/LN.  There is still lag in all the places it was prior to the dcm, but back to the status quo is an improvement over can't raid.

I saw the improvement immediately, but I didn't want to draw a conclusion before the servers had some uptime on them, and they had a good week before the past two resets.

Now we get to see if they continue to work on the legacy lag issues, or if they either sit back and celebrate actually managing to get back to the norm or if they know that they simply cannot fix the legacy lag.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 4:04pm:
HUGE lag spikes in Thunderholme this afternoon. Only 9 people in the group too.

Lag is definitely NOT fixed!

that entire area including its raids has always been a heavy lag zone. Random lock ups in slayer, wyrm and sometimes peaks.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #68 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:43am
Print Post  
Lag may have improved a bit outside of raids and TH slayer area but fuckme, these loadscreen freezes are multiple times a day whereas I've experienced maybe 3 in 5 years of playing ....... meh

All Cuntovan does is see 2 fanbois whooping it up about no lag after a server restart and the world is good in his eyes  Sad
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:44am by Jelly_Muffin »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #69 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:46am
Print Post  
I was in a group that ran 5 DoJs on Ghallanda during the middle of the day.  Two of them with 11-12 players failed due to exceeding the 15 reinforcements limit while completely lagged out.  We won the other 3 but they all had frequent lag spikes throughout the raid.  We short-manned 2 of the 3 we won with 5-8 players.

Also ran a Deathwyrm and Fire Peaks last night.  Lag seemed to be better, but there were still frequent large lag spikes throughout.

It might be better than it has been lately, but it is still nowhere near what it was pre-datacenter move.

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2016 at 9:47am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #70 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Ran an LH shroud on Khyber last night.  Was the smoothest completion of L Shroud I've seen in 6-7 weeks (pre-move).  That said, there was still lag.  Some initially in part 1 and when portals die.  Some when killing bosses in 2, some when devils die and blades spawn in 4 and while Harry is active, some in part 5 when shit dies and spawns and stuff.  I wasn't losing DPS due to attack lag, nor did I have any heal lag, though.  So it's better but not good.  It was like going from 1 to 4 on a scale of 1 to 10.  Still needs work.  A lotta work.  I wouldn't want to think of trying a DoJ or Wyrm, given those were always the laggiest of the raids.  But at least they are tweaking shit that seems make a difference this time around.  The last few updates had done very little to improve lag, that I could see.  It was like they were patching holes in the living room wall to fix a leak in the roof in the kitchen.  It is possible they are at least in the right room now.  Even if they haven't totally figured out how to fix the problem. 

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Ran the three Legendary raids and Chronoscope last night. Probably the smoothest completions I've seen since the move. Maybe it's just cause everyone else is gone. Shroud was still lagging, especially at portals and stage completion. Nice of Turbine to spawn mobs when they know everyone will be locked up.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #72 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Apr 23rd, 2016 at 7:43am:
All Cuntovan does is see 2 fanbois whooping it up about no lag after a server restart and the world is good in his eyes  Sad

I think his fantasies go more along the lines of imagining that it was he himself who single handedly solved lag. Then, Tolero is so impressed with him, that (s)he lets him be the first to find out if the carpet matches the drapes.

You're welcome for the mental image.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #73 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Apr 23rd, 2016 at 12:38pm:
I think his fantasies go more along the lines of imagining that it was he himself who single handedly solved lag. Then, Tolero is so impressed with him, that (s)he lets him be the first to find out if the carpet matches the drapes.

You're welcome for the mental image.  Cheesy

Undecided Hitler has nothing on you dude ...... even my soul vomited a little

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #74 - Apr 23rd, 2016 at 6:11pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Apr 23rd, 2016 at 5:59pm:
Undecided Hitler has nothing on you dude ...... even my soul vomited a little

Let me help it a little.

I'm sorry, I'm feeling particularly evil today.
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2016 at 6:11pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint