Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Has DDO been put up for sale yet? (Read 13533 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Has DDO been put up for sale yet?
Reply #50 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 10:27pm:
And quite honestly I'm beyond both hope and care.

Quote:
A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming to a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw away the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!

http://www.ashidakim.com/zenkoans/18aparable.html

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:14am
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 12:08am:
Went ahead and downloaded PoE and I'm digging it. Always loved Diablo and D2, D3 is OK as well. Learning curve is more like a fucking cliff though. I think it may actually be easier to bork a character there than in DDO. Seems pretty lag free so that's a nice change of pace.

If you follow the normal wtoryline and don't run crap way above your level, you're fine. There's challenge for those who want it too.
And the events can be fun if you're good at the game.

If you make a wrong choice on configuring your character you get token to undo said choices.
It's all pretty flexible and customisable.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #52 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 25th, 2016 at 3:33pm:
I do not like the mouse-click to move interface.  I would much prefer to use the keyboard to move and the mouse to attack and interact with things.

Same reason I logged in once, rolled up a char then exited forever. If your control system is shit, or the chars move too slow, I'm done. Rarely do they put enough thought or time into player/character interaction and movement.

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #53 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 23rd, 2016 at 5:27am:
Pussysaga.com

What's the community like? Any wiki or strategy guide? Smiley Tongue Cheesy

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 4:14am:
If you follow the normal wtoryline and don't run crap way above your level, you're fine. There's challenge for those who want it too.
And the events can be fun if you're good at the game.

If you make a wrong choice on configuring your character you get token to undo said choices.
It's all pretty flexible and customisable.

That's pretty much what I've been doing. In act 2, somewhere in the 17-20 level range. Made a Marauder and found a gem of sweep, which seems mostly OP for where I currently am, one shotting most trash. Enjoying it as a nice diversion for the moment but not sure if I will get it to the end game gear grind.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint