Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 31 Loot Preview (Read 29028 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Update 31 Loot Preview
Reply #75 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Quis wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:29am:
All of it is vendor trash.

Hey, you take that back before you hurt No Worries' (dev) feelings!
Grin

IP Logged

Dispel
Waterworks Kobold

What is dead may never
die!

Reply #76 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 3:51pm:
This has me wondering what bosses or mobs in general have so much fort bypass that people will need 230+. 

You get an extra +100 fort in undead form and I always had the impression it helped on top of the regular 150% from gear and buffs.

Best Troll eva' Niggas!

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Dispel wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:47am:
You get an extra +100 fort in undead form and I always had the impression it helped on top of the regular 150% from gear and buffs.

It only helps if you are being bypassed, and as I said I am not aware of any content where 230+ fort is needed.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #78 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 9:07am:
It only helps if you are being bypassed, and as I said I am not aware of any content where 230+ fort is needed.

Yugo pots.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 9:07am:

Is even over 200 needed?  I can't recall getting critted unless they had straight bypass (Champs) over 200.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #80 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
My fort on my melees is usually in the 180 or so range and I don't recall ever getting critted by anything except Champs in beast mode.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 12:44pm:
My fort on my melees is usually in the 180 or so range and I don't recall ever getting critted by anything except Champs in beast mode.

Same. In fact I can float a 140 and be perfectly fine outside the champs. Fort is a slot sink these days.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #82 - Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 20th, 2016 at 4:52pm:
While I agree with you that fun and repeatable quests are way more important than loot, I disagree that loot is irrelevant.  Loot farming has a place in the game. 

The degree to which loot is important to players varies.  Some players are all about the loot.  Some couldn't care less about loot.  Most fall somewhere in between. 

They made the loot pretty irrelevant over the last several updates by making it all BtA  Cry

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:35am:
Is even over 200 needed?  I can't recall getting critted unless they had straight bypass (Champs) over 200.

Yeah, I only used 230+ because that leather armor in the preview had that much on it.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 11:31pm:
They made the loot pretty irrelevant over the last several updates by making it all BtA  Cry

You like BtC loot?  I have enough problems with inventory, I don't need an item I can't park on a mule when it isn't being used.  And they refuse to sell more bank slots, probably because it would break the game.  At least that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't try to make $$ off of the many people who would buy more bank space.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:17am:
You like BtC loot?  I have enough problems with inventory, I don't need an item I can't park on a mule when it isn't being used.  And they refuse to sell more bank slots, probably because it would break the game.  At least that's the only reason I can think of why they wouldn't try to make $$ off of the many people who would buy more bank space.

Btcoe is ok, because it stimulates the economy.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:23am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:45am:

That's a fair point, but given the opportunity to sell something I don't need on the AH/ASAH or keep my inventory clean, I'll take keeping my inventory clean.

If they made items work like the ruby eye augments, where they leveled up as the player leveled up, that would be awesome and I'd be happy to see those item BtC.

Imagine if all the items with a level 4, level 8, ... level 28 version just leveled as the character leveled.  Some tweaks might be needed to let the higher levels be 'unlocked' for things like the challenge gear.  The GH stuff with a hn/hh/he/en/eh/ee version could be tied to the player having actually run that content.  Or maybe having run it X number of times.  So you might pick up the hn version, unlock hh after running it on hh 10 times (just an example, don't freak out), unlock he after running he 10 times, and if you want to skip a difficulty you might unlock en/eh and ee by running ee 10 times.

Then you TR and when you hit the hn level you put it back on and it has the hn stats, leveling up to hh on the next level, he on the next, and only hitting the en stats when you hit the level where it drops on en.

That would be a good loot system, imo, and one which would help inventory management.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #87 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:17am:

I meant bound loot in general, because it's detrimental to game economy and alienates a big chunk of players involved in the trading aspect of the game. One would think there should be more ways to interact with players in a MMORPG, not less. Devs are stupid to think players would feel forced to buy the packs more but they are wrong.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:23am:
That's a fair point, but given the opportunity to sell something I don't need on the AH/ASAH or keep my inventory clean, I'll take keeping my inventory clean.

If they made items work like the ruby eye augments, where they leveled up as the player leveled up, that would be awesome and I'd be happy to see those item BtC.

Imagine if all the items with a level 4, level 8, ... level 28 version just leveled as the character leveled.  Some tweaks might be needed to let the higher levels be 'unlocked' for things like the challenge gear.  The GH stuff with a hn/hh/he/en/eh/ee version could be tied to the player having actually run that content.  Or maybe having run it X number of times.  So you might pick up the hn version, unlock hh after running it on hh 10 times (just an example, don't freak out), unlock he after running he 10 times, and if you want to skip a difficulty you might unlock en/eh and ee by running ee 10 times.

Then you TR and when you hit the hn level you put it back on and it has the hn stats, leveling up to hh on the next level, he on the next, and only hitting the en stats when you hit the level where it drops on en.

That would be a good loot system, imo, and one which would help inventory management.

Oh I would like your suggested system!  Hell yeah.
Agree with the unlock suggestion too.

But my suggestion on btcoe was just considering the current loot paradigm.

There is no right or wrong here.  It depends on your play style.
Casual players love BTA as they don't have to grind for the same item on every toon.
BTA is ok until you get what you need, then the loot from that content becomes useless.

Whilst btcoe still clogs up your inventory with stuff you use, at least loot drops remain relevant or until they make that loot redundant at least.
If you don't care about post or shards, then btcoe becomes less relevant too (unless you trade).

For this latter group, only rarity matters.  You need ultra rare items to keep them interested.

IP Logged

Dispel
Waterworks Kobold

What is dead may never
die!

Reply #89 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I like BTA. Makes begging for loot far more rewarding than stuff that can be auctioned.

Best Troll eva' Niggas!

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:06am
Print Post  
BtAoE. Problems solved.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #91 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:06am:
BtAoE. Problems solved.

What a simple and eloquent solution to loot problem, alas Turdbin is only good at creating more problems sadly.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #92 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 7:58am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 2:40am:
Oh I would like your suggested system!  Hell yeah.
Agree with the unlock suggestion too.

But my suggestion on booze was just considering the current loot paradigm.

There is no right or wrong here.  It depends on your play style.
Casual players love BTA as they don't have to grind for the same item on every toon.
BTA is ok until you get what you need, then the loot from that content becomes useless.

Whilst booze still clogs up your inventory with stuff you use, at least loot drops remain relevant or until they make that loot redundant at least.
If you don't care about post or shards, then booze becomes less relevant too (unless you trade).

For this latter group, only rarity matters.  You need ultra rare items to keep them interested.

Had to correct your words to how I read it so everyone could enjoy my half awake delerium.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #93 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Oh, it isn't a loot problem, it is a hording problem.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #94 - Apr 22nd, 2016 at 8:45am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 1:45am:

No. BTCOE is cursed.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #95 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Apr 22nd, 2016 at 6:06am:
BtAoE. Problems solved.

That would be perfect.

BTC is so restrictive that I often just write that loot completely out of my plan - no point in even trying.

BTA gear is worth grinding for, and I will keep running the quests that drop it because having extra copies so I don't have to swap all the time is convenient, but it doesn't stimulate the economy.

Unbound is great, and BTCoE is only barely better than BTC, but BtAoE would be the best binding possible.

I'm more casual than most here, but Turbine has made other (far less effective and more hated) concessions to casual players, I think this would go over very well in a segment they are trying to do better with.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #96 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Everything should be unbound.
Also, too many people have too much shit.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #97 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Apr 21st, 2016 at 8:38am:
Hey, you take that back before you hurt No Worries' (dev) feelings!
Grin

He should have hurt resistant feelings by now... In 2014 we didn't cuddle him when he gave us poor loot to review we told him straight that his loot sucked.

Now it's true that this year might be different with all the fanbois in the same PC.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Gringo
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Lol - in the land of duped shards what economy are we talking about?

any sort of economy in DDO is just an illusion that theres something of value.

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #99 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Gringo wrote on Apr 24th, 2016 at 7:05pm:
Lol - in the land of duped shards what economy are we talking about?

any sort of economy in DDO is just an illusion that theres something of value.

Not everyone was duping shards, so there is still an economy - it was just distorted for awhile.  Many of those have probably washed through the system or the players left the game.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint