Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Friggin crafting update still not coming (Read 28270 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Friggin crafting update still not coming
Reply #100 - May 9th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
I doubt highly they are thinking of time gating.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #101 - May 9th, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Oh yeah, let's use P&P rules. One day to craft per 100pp in the item's base price.

Cheesy

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #102 - May 9th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 1:39pm:
Oh yeah, let's use P&P rules. One day to craft per 100pp in the item's base price.

Cheesy

1 day to craft per 100pp, 15 AS to reduce by 1 day  Roll Eyes

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - May 10th, 2016 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 12:36pm:
I doubt highly they are thinking of time gating.

FTFY.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #104 - May 10th, 2016 at 9:17am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 12:08pm:
If they implement gating it'll be based on Astral Shards, and it will cost an unreasonable number of them(which, in this case, is any number greater than "0"). Then of course to sell more shards, they'll have to make the gate very long(say, a week or so per shard) and of course to sell more bypasses they up the shard count. Maybe 6-7 per item, plus shards of potential. So, yeah, you can make an item without paying... when pigs fly.

The current gating method is more than sufficient. It takes a very long time to level crafting, and a TON of ingredients. Its already open to casuals since "grind chests and decon random loot" is about the casualist thing you can do. When I was first life on my first character and absurdly gimped, I hit a wall around lvl 11. So I passed the time by running Tear of Dhakaan on casual and deconing the loot to build up my crafting. I eventually de-gimped enough to play to get into the game, but it was a great time since for the overtly casual player.

No, it's not accessible to casuals unless they exploited.

My wife didn't use the exploits and for years she's broken down every single item with a deconstruction recipe, and has spent hours crafting and she's level 50. It briefly was accessible to casuals if they exploited, but it is not now. You can't make jack shit at level 50. OK, twink gear for a level 10 character, maybe. And they added mats you had to get from raids.

I don't think Turdbrains are smart enough to even ask themselves what they want from crafting, but if they did, and the answer included having a system that was interesting to and useful for casual players, then they need to make fundamental changes in the system.

If you control it by making the decon and practice shard grind a barrier, as it is now, then either the barrier is low enough for casuals to make something and power gamers can flood it, or it's high enough to restrict powergamers and casuals are effectively locked out.

If you control it by making the results too weak to compete with anything, as it also is now, then practically nobody bothers.

Right now we have high investment and low reward, so it's hard to imagine they could screw it up worse than it already is, but I learned long ago not to underestimate Turdbin's capacity to further break things  Cry

But a time based gate with a shard bypass wouldn't have to be terrible. If they didn't get greedy (I know, this is Turdbin we're talking about, but bear with me) then a slow free drip would let casual players fill in the gaps with high quality crafted gear, but not trick themselves out in a full set of it. Similarly, powergamers could fill in a slot or two for free on one character, or use some shards to get more. Powergamers have better access to shards through gear they sell. Obviously it would be better for the game if shards went away entirely, but then finances would rely on Turdbine making good enough product for people to want to buy it.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #105 - May 10th, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  
I agree, they probably aren't thinking of time gating. They probably think they can throw in a dozen new recipes and call it a day. I'm sure when the crafting pass comes it will be inadequate and disappointing to everyone, they will high-five around the office, and go back to complaining about how ungrateful players are  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - May 10th, 2016 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 9:33am:
I agree, they probably aren't thinking of time gating. They probably think they can throw in a dozen new recipes and call it a day. I'm sure when the crafting pass comes it will be inadequate and disappointing to everyone, they will high-five around the office, and go back to complaining about how ungrateful players are  Sad

Definitely this.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #107 - May 10th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 9:33am:

There are some players who are seriously mentally imbalanced about crafting.  There is no way they come up with a crafting system that makes even half the players happy.  It's impossible.  Like Joshua in war games, the only winning move is not to play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint