Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Friggin crafting update still not coming (Read 28214 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Friggin crafting update still not coming
Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Here's what has me annoyed: they've done SEVERAL half-assed loot passes. Why not a half-assed crafting pass? Half an ass would be better than no ass!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Friggin crafting update still not coming
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
What is it about this crafting system that people care about?

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Personally, I think crafting is fine the way it is.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I'd rather they fix the crafting lag BEFORE they do any updates to it.

But since they pile new problems on top of old problems until nothing fucking works at all, I don't expect that to happen!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
A new crafting system would be great. 

The existing crafting system updated to handle the new loot ML's and expanded up to level 30 would be acceptable. 

It is a problem that the existing crafting system works on a different set of suffixes and prefixes and yields gear that is significantly weaker than current loot gen.  You might as well not have a crafting system.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 3:07pm:
I'd rather they fix lag BEFORE they do any updates to it.
thing else.
But since they pile new problems on top of old problems until nothing fucking works at all, I don't expect that to happen!

Fixed that for you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:58pm:
What is it about this crafting system that people care about?

Crafting is nice for the early and mid heroics.  It could even be useful for filling in specific needs in higher level named gear setups too if Turbine did it right, but it's Turbine so we know what the chances of that are. 

If you can craft gear relevant to a particular build/life as you go, you can get the stats and effects you want without banking up tons of low level named stuff for "future" lives and without wasting time browsing the RNG stuff on the auction house with the mostly useless search and filtering options.

« Last Edit: Apr 26th, 2016 at 4:47pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Crafting also used to let you get max available stat bonuses a few levels before you could on RNG. Since you could craft an item with JUST the bonus you wanted and no other crap, the ML would be lower. YOu could even lower it further with Masterful Craftsmanship, and end up with an ML9 +6 stat item.

There was a time, long ago, when random loot was more in line with crafting, when an item like a ring that was JUST a +6 stat went for a lot of money.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm:
Here's what has me annoyed: they've done SEVERAL half-assed loot passes. Why not a half-assed crafting pass? Half an ass would be better than no ass!

Let me get this straight - you're annoyed that they haven't fucked up crafting worse?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
I'm sorry, but where and when did they clarify that it wasn't coming in U31?

Just because Lamannia is gonna come up real soon, and they haven't yet made a thread to discuss the changes, doesn't mean they won't slip it in.

I imagine that slowly, but surely, we'll start to see less, and then eventually nothing new in the "Official Turdbin Discussions" section before updates.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 1:40am
Print Post  
lol, you thought they'd actually do a crafting pass.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post  
When crafting came out you could make most of the best stuff in game which at the time was +6 stat items, holy burst of greater banes, +15 skill (I think you could only do +13 skill, but it was close). Couldn't do vorpal, smiting, disruption, banishing etc, those were still loot gen.

Hopefully if they do something it will bring crafting inline with what we can get nowadays.
But after the monumental fuck up when new loot came out, the chances of them not fucking up the crafting are pretty close to zero.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 7:39pm:
Let me get this straight - you're annoyed that they haven't fucked up crafting worse?

Pretty much.

Bear with me a moment. Even if ALL they did was bring crafting in line with loot gen at every pass, and assuming they didn't do something obviously retarded and broken(like may it cost stacks of 10,000 or auto-sunder your entire bag), it'd be a big improvement.

As it is, crafting is useless after early heroics because it just can't make the things random loot can.

And random loot is shittastic because you can't search/sort it, and the odds of finding an item that actually all fits together are astronomical anyway(anyone else seeing nothing but shit caster gear ?)

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #13 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:29am
Print Post  
The LAST fucking thing I want is to see a crafting update that mimics the current loot gen horse shit that doesn't break DR with Chaos/Good/Law effects.

I still use ML20 DQ specials (+5 Holy Burst Cold Iron of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane Khopeshes) @ 30 for some mobs because I can't be bothered to crunch 4000 frags down to 40 tokens for 2 good bypass augments for the "spare" pair of TF Khops in TR cache.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:29am:
The LAST fucking thing I want is to see a crafting update that mimics the current loot gen horse shit that doesn't break DR with Chaos/Good/Law effects.

I still use ML20 DQ specials (+5 Holy Burst Cold Iron of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane Khopeshes) @ 30 for some mobs because I can't be bothered to crunch 4000 frags down to 40 tokens for 2 good bypass augments for the "spare" pair of TF Khops in TR cache.

Since when are having enough tokens a problem?

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:48pm:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471742-Cannith-crafting-update-being-s...

Quote:
Yes, Cannith Crafting will not be in U31. No immediate ETA to announce.

That should be enough to crush all of your hopes with EXTREME PREJUDICE

PS: I don't like it either but as others have mentioned a no pass is better than a pass "à la turbine"
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2016 at 3:10pm by Artorias »  

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #16 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 3:07pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/471742-Cannith-crafting-update-being-s...

That should be enough to crush all of your hopes with EXTREME PREJUDICE

There we go, about time.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:03am:
Pretty much.

Bear with me a moment. Even if ALL they did was bring crafting in line with loot gen at every pass, and assuming they didn't do something obviously retarded and broken(like may it cost stacks of 10,000 or auto-sunder your entire bag), it'd be a big improvement.

As it is, crafting is useless after early heroics because it just can't make the things random loot can.

And random loot is shittastic because you can't search/sort it, and the odds of finding an item that actually all fits together are astronomical anyway(anyone else seeing nothing but shit caster gear ?)

Which of course begs the question why do they need to fuck with loot and crafting at all. If they got them balanced and left them the hell alone it would be better than constantly fiddling with them. We only needed a loot pass because the previous loot pass, which we didn't need, screwed things up so bad.

They do need a crafting pass now because the cumulative effect of the last 2 loot passes brought it wildly out of line with crafting, and it's less damaging to the game to fiddle with crafting than to fiddle with loot again. But overall, they should get them back in line and then leave them both alone.

They need stuff for their resume, I get that, but that doesn't mean the game needed it, or that it was good for the game. That isn't their goal.

Turdbin, stop playin' with it or you'll go blind!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 5:12pm:
We only needed a loot pass because the previous loot pass, which we didn't need, screwed things up so bad.

QFT

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Loot  has been fucked up since Mod 7, when the cap went to 16.  They didn't increment things properly.  They failed again with Mod 9, when the cap went to 20 and epic loot appeared.  Every level cap since then they have progressively made it worse. 

All that said, loot didn't need a total over haul, per se.  Crafting was in worse shape before the new loot pass.  Crafting came out when the cap was 20 and they constantly refused to address it for epic level gear.  That was a huge fail on their part.  Every time the cap raised or they did a loot pass, a crafting pass should have kept it in sync. 

I don't do crafting.  Never really did.  And I don't really care for it.  I prefer to find loot in game.  But I get that some people like it a lot and have really found it to be a fun way to play the game.  If you are going to have the system, then you need to support it and keep it somewhat current.  Otherwise, it is worse than not having it at all.

The crafting update needs to be addressed in communication.  If it is not U31 due to having to switch gears to lag, etc, that's fine.  But just give people a rough time line.  Something.  A "no ETA" is a "fuck you".  That's pretty unsat, imo.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 11:03am:
and assuming they didn't do something obviously retarded and broken

My god, you've got battered wife syndrome.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Quis
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 27th, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Apr 27th, 2016 at 1:40am:
lol, you thought they'd actually do a crafting pass.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 7:48am
Print Post  
If I ever expected something to be totally fucked up it was the next crafting update.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #23 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:41am
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 7:48am:
If I ever expected something to be totally fucked up it was the next crafting update.

Honestly, they are fucked on crafting.  If they don't update it, the players will hammer them.  If they do update it, some vocal players will hate the new system and hammer them.  There is no scenario where players are happy.

I don't feel bad for them.  They get paid money to make video games.  That's a pretty cool job, imo.  And they have let crafting go too long without addressing it.  So they made this bed.  And crapped the bed.  Now they have to lie in it.   

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:41am:
Honestly, they are fucked on crafting.  If they don't update it, the players will hammer them.  If they do update it, some vocal players will hate the new system and hammer them.  There is no scenario where players are happy.

I don't feel bad for them.  They get paid money to make video games.  That's a pretty cool job, imo.  And they have let crafting go too long without addressing it.  So they made this bed.  And crapped the bed.  Now they have to lie in it.   

They obviously announced crafting to early in the first place (…transfer the Paralyzing effect to my Khopesh…) and didn’t have the resources/skill to get it right. Just because “crafting” was a thing in MMOs at that time they tried to squeeze it into development. IMHO no harm would have been done if they had announced: “We will concentrate on quests and character development.” (And no harm would be done if they did it this time.) You can’t fish, nit, mine or hunt either for fucking sake. IMHO they should focus on everything that make you group up and play a quest/raid/challenge.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint