Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Friggin crafting update still not coming (Read 28311 times)
eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Re: Friggin crafting update still not coming
Reply #75 - May 6th, 2016 at 10:50am
Print Post  
the above previous post is good but i feel it doesnt take into account the leveling system of cannith crafting. ignoring the fact that many people reached max levels due to shenagans, isnt it a rather large time and material sink just to get current crafting levels up to a point its worth using? i feel you are making cannith crafted items sound as if they were readily available to everyone who logs in, when realistically you would need to commit strongly to building those levels to be able to craft, and during that time frame all you have is random gen or whatever. You use the weaker tier (rlg) until the better tier (cc) becomes available. is that not progression?

i understand that you dont want to repeat the cycle of invalidating the previous update's loots (whether its the last adventure pack, the last system or the last meta). if the benefit of crafting is less valuable than the time/material spent to get to that point, its not worth investing in at all as a player.

if you created a toon right now with the soul purpose of maxing out crafting levels to craft some +6 flex str shards or whatever is the top tier crafting items these days, how long would that take, shenagans-free? would it be more efficient to farm chests or level crafting? the answer is always farm chests, since you need the essences or the plat regardless, and in that time you will either out level your needs or find something sufficient.

i would bet that regardless of any other factors, the crafting system will feature a grind that takes ages, and takes into account the fact that the current system's materials are heavily saturated in the games economy due to shitty coders. that means you are all starting at 0. theyll call em legendary essences and epic essences to seperate them from the greater and lessers. I dont believe that being able to craft shit you other wise wont find would hurt any other loot system, as long as they keep named/raid loots on their pedestal, cannith crafting is concealed behind a massive time sink, and random gen effects/strength are comparable to craftable items.

your argument is that we are giving everyone the ability to pump out crafted versions of perfect rlg which will invalidate 2 tiers of loot, perfect rlg and rlg. i hope to express that is simply a flawed opinion, as those without the massive investment to crafting will be exempt from these benefits, and require both PRLG and RLG, while also allowing those who have invested the time to create items that otherwise might be unattainable while simultaneously reducing the demand slightly for PRLG in end game die hard players, which will help newer players chances of acquiring decent PRLG as an unintended effect of the still limited but increased availability.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2016 at 10:50am by eighnuss »  

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #76 - May 6th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 10:50am:
the above previous post is good but i feel it doesnt take into account the leveling system of cannith crafting. ignoring the fact that many people reached max levels due to shenagans, isnt it a rather large time and material sink just to get current crafting levels up to a point its worth using? i feel you are making cannith crafted items sound as if they were readily available to everyone who logs in, when realistically you would need to commit strongly to building those levels to be able to craft, and during that time frame all you have is random gen or whatever. You use the weaker tier (rlg) until the better tier (cc) becomes available. is that not progression?

i understand that you dont want to repeat the cycle of invalidating the previous update's loots (whether its the last adventure pack, the last system or the last meta). if the benefit of crafting is less valuable than the time/material spent to get to that point, its not worth investing in at all as a player.

if you created a toon right now with the soul purpose of maxing out crafting levels to craft some +6 flex str shards or whatever is the top tier crafting items these days, how long would that take, shenagans-free? would it be more efficient to farm chests or level crafting? the answer is always farm chests, since you need the essences or the plat regardless, and in that time you will either out level your needs or find something sufficient.

i would bet that regardless of any other factors, the crafting system will feature a grind that takes ages, and takes into account the fact that the current system's materials are heavily saturated in the games economy due to shitty coders. that means you are all starting at 0. theyll call em legendary essences and epic essences to seperate them from the greater and lessers. I dont believe that being able to craft shit you other wise wont find would hurt any other loot system, as long as they keep named/raid loots on their pedestal, cannith crafting is concealed behind a massive time sink, and random gen effects/strength are comparable to craftable items.

your argument is that we are giving everyone the ability to pump out crafted versions of perfect rlg which will invalidate 2 tiers of loot, perfect rlg and rlg. i hope to express that is simply a flawed opinion, as those without the massive investment to crafting will be exempt from these benefits, and require both PRLG and RLG, while also allowing those who have invested the time to create items that otherwise might be unattainable while simultaneously reducing the demand slightly for PRLG in end game die hard players, which will help newer players chances of acquiring decent PRLG as an unintended effect of the still limited but increased availability.

Fair points.  There is the initial crafting grind as well as the ongoing grind for whatever ingredients you need to make the items.  They don't get created out of thin air.  And both of those need to be considered in the formula of what kind of power to give.

Crafting will always have these advantages over RLG:

Ability to select the slot
Ability to get the highest density (3 effects)
Ability to include augment slots and innate properties (silver/metalline/etc)
Ability to select complimentary effects to each other and your build.

Those all add obvious value and "power" to the crafting system.

The costs will always be:
The effort to level crafting in the first place. And the opportunity cost this has on questing.
The effort to collect the ingredients you need to craft the things you want.  This is somewhat complimentary with questing, but can conflict with other questing goals.

The above has always been the trade off.

The new X factor with the new crafting system is the actual value of each of the 3 effects.  Realistically, getting 3 complimentary effects that are at the mid line for values (+14 on a stat on an ML 30 item, +6 on an Insightful Stat, thus a +14, +14, +6 item of two stats you desire) is a 1 in 100,000 RLG proposition.  Meaning you might pull 1 a year, if you are lucky.  You could go years and never get one.  And that's not even close to the top possible.

So how long should it take gather ingredients to craft that?  To level to a point where you can craft that?  What about the "perfect" item?  That's a tough thing to answer.  Place the bar too low and crafting becomes mandatory and loot gen becomes nothing but meh fodder for the deconstruction engine.  Place the bar to high (or specifically rule out the high end entirely) and people say "fuck it". 

The problem is, where ever you place the bar someone will bitch.  Dumbasses like Uurlock want crafting to be all powerful and unlimited and easy. (once you have gotten the crafting levels ground out).  Others want serious limits on crafting.  Mainly, I think, because they don't want to do it. 

A middle ground needs to be found.  They will know they have it in the right range if the Uurlock morons hate it AND the crafting haters hate it.  That is the key to compromise.  Everybody leaves a little pissed off. 

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #77 - May 6th, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 11:12am:
A middle ground needs to be found.  They will know they have it in the right range if the Uurlock morons hate it AND the crafting haters hate it.  That is the key to compromise.  Everybody leaves a little pissed off. 

kind of off topic but when i stopped and considered "what would piss me off" i immediately pictured a GUI in the ddo store where you select from drop downs the gear slot, the effects, the ML and the material, and then it determines a cost in TP based on how boss the item was.

im now pissed off and leaving

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #78 - May 6th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
It took me roughly 8 million plat investment to max out crafting, as well as some shenanigans. Not many. Was also back when plat had value.

Part of the problem is, with no update and little relevence in years, the market has has had time to completely saturate with essences. Crafters are sitting on hoards of tens of thousands of 100% legally-obtained essences.

And, for whatever dumb reason, the turdbin devs "dont like people being able to max out a new system the day it's released". Fuckers.

Worse still, this game has a HUMONGOUS FUCKING HARDON for randomness. No like, funny random, but minicule random chance when it comes to getting loot. They do not seem to like the idea of just letting you run things a predictable number of times.

I think more than anything that that's why they hate cannith crafting: it lets you just MAKE GEAR with NO ramdom chance.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - May 6th, 2016 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
In there video from a few days ago Severlin said Cannith update is update 32. It will not be as "strong" as random loot since they don't want to make random loot weaker then it is with all the work they put into it.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #80 - May 6th, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
One way to keep a flexible and powerful crafting system from being disruptive while still keeping it widely accessible is to make the gating factor real world time based. Make the most powerful recipies limited by BTA tokens you can pick up once per week.
A 3 stat maxed item ML30 might take 8 tokens, for example, allowing a casual player to get a few nice items per year without slaking the powergamer's thirst for boss gear.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #81 - May 6th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 12:52pm:
One way to keep a flexible and powerful crafting system from being disruptive while still keeping it widely accessible is to make the gating factor real world time based. Make the most powerful recipies limited by BTA tokens you can pick up once per week.
A 3 stat maxed item ML30 might take 8 tokens, for example, allowing a casual player to get a few nice items per year without slaking the powergamer's thirst for boss gear.

and then sell crafting timer bypasses...win win win

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #82 - May 6th, 2016 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 12:52pm:

Yeah no. None of that wait-gaming bullshit. What is this, a free cellphone app?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - May 6th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:16pm:

Yeah but those free cellphone apps allow you to pay to speed it up. Maybe a new way to make plat viable again.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #84 - May 6th, 2016 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
It took me roughly 8 million plat investment to max out crafting, as well as some shenanigans. Not many. Was also back when plat had value.

Part of the problem is, with no update and little relevence in years, the market has has had time to completely saturate with essences. Crafters are sitting on hoards of tens of thousands of 100% legally-obtained essences.

And, for whatever dumb reason, the turdbin devs "dont like people being able to max out a new system the day it's released". Fuckers.

Worse still, this game has a HUMONGOUS FUCKING HARDON for randomness. No like, funny random, but minicule random chance when it comes to getting loot. They do not seem to like the idea of just letting you run things a predictable number of times.

I think more than anything that that's why they hate cannith crafting: it lets you just MAKE GEAR with NO ramdom chance.

An argument could be made that Cannith Crafting should use the same value formulas a RLG.  So, you can make an ML 30 Con, Str, Insight Str belt, but you can't choose the + value of Con, Str, or Insight Str.  You can't choose +12, +13, +14, +15, or +16.  You just choose the ML you want and the effects.  The system then randomly generates a value between 12-16, as it does on RLG. 

That would solve a lot of problems.  But crafters don't seem to like that because crafting and random don't go together in their minds. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #85 - May 6th, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 12:50pm:
In there video from a few days ago Severlin said Cannith update is update 32. It will not be as "strong" as random loot since they don't want to make random loot weaker then it is with all the work they put into it.

The problem comes with defining "strong". 

Will CC be stronger by letting you pick the slot?  Yes.
Will CC be stronger by letting you pick 3 effects for sure over 2?  Yes
Will CC be stronger by letting you get an augment slot for sure? Yes
Will CC be stronger by letting you have silver or metalline or cold iron, etc if you want? Yes
Will CC be stronger by letting you max out all 3 effects at the highest possible value for the ML?  Maybe not.

It is that last one that is the question.  And, in that regard, a bit of a fallacy.  Since you can't get 3 effects all maxxed out on loot gen either.  Certainly not the effects you want in the slot you want.  So, if CC won't give you that it isn't really truly weaker than loot gen.  Since loot gen doesn't do it either anywhere but in theory.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #86 - May 6th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:32pm:
because crafting and random don't go together in their minds. 

Yeah that's kind of the point. The entire reason for crafting is to get the effect you want in the slot you want at the ML you want, not to have another dice-roll.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #87 - May 6th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:37pm:

Will CC be stronger by letting you have silver or metalline or cold iron, etc if you want? Yes
Will CC be stronger by letting you max out all 3 effects at the highest possible value for the ML?  Maybe not.

It is that last one that is the question.  And, in that regard, a bit of a fallacy.  Since you can't get 3 effects all maxxed out on loot gen either.  Certainly not the effects you want in the slot you want.  So, if CC won't give you that it isn't really truly weaker than loot gen.  Since loot gen doesn't do it either anywhere but in theory.

Life would be simple if they'd just let CC perfectly mimic random. I have no idea why the turbine devs are so resistant to this idea. is it just that hard to deal with the thought of one fucking thing not being random?

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - May 6th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:32pm:
An argument could be made that Cannith Crafting should use the same value formulas a RLG.  So, you can make an ML 30 Con, Str, Insight Str belt, but you can't choose the + value of Con, Str, or Insight Str.  You can't choose +12, +13, +14, +15, or +16.  You just choose the ML you want and the effects.  The system then randomly generates a value between 12-16, as it does on RLG. 

That would solve a lot of problems.  But crafters don't seem to like that because crafting and random don't go together in their minds. 

I'd actually be alright with that, assuming they aren't going to try and use chattering rings or fully upgraded toee stuff as ingredients.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #89 - May 6th, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 11:12am:
Fair points.  There is the initial crafting grind as well as the ongoing grind for whatever ingredients you need to make the items.  They don't get created out of thin air.  And both of those need to be considered in the formula of what kind of power to give.

Crafting will always have these advantages over RLG:

Ability to select the slot
Ability to get the highest density (3 effects)
Ability to include augment slots and innate properties (silver/metalline/etc)
Ability to select complimentary effects to each other and your build.

Those all add obvious value and "power" to the crafting system.

The costs will always be:
The effort to level crafting in the first place. And the opportunity cost this has on questing.
The effort to collect the ingredients you need to craft the things you want.  This is somewhat complimentary with questing, but can conflict with other questing goals.

The above has always been the trade off.

The new X factor with the new crafting system is the actual value of each of the 3 effects.  Realistically, getting 3 complimentary effects that are at the mid line for values (+14 on a stat on an ML 30 item, +6 on an Insightful Stat, thus a +14, +14, +6 item of two stats you desire) is a 1 in 100,000 RLG proposition.  Meaning you might pull 1 a year, if you are lucky.  You could go years and never get one.  And that's not even close to the top possible.

So how long should it take gather ingredients to craft that?  To level to a point where you can craft that?  What about the "perfect" item?  That's a tough thing to answer.  Place the bar too low and crafting becomes mandatory and loot gen becomes nothing but meh fodder for the deconstruction engine.  Place the bar to high (or specifically rule out the high end entirely) and people say "fuck it". 

The problem is, where ever you place the bar someone will bitch.  Dumbasses like Uurlock want crafting to be all powerful and unlimited and easy. (once you have gotten the crafting levels ground out).  Others want serious limits on crafting.  Mainly, I think, because they don't want to do it. 

I agree with pretty much everything you've been saying in this topic, which is why I haven't bothered to post until now.

Although a number of people in this thread have proposed solutions to the question of what stats/numbers should be achievable via CC, realistically they're almost certainly going to keep the current system (as far as creating shards, etc goes) and allow us to craft whatever we want with, say, +14 stats instead of +16.

Given the fact that it's possible to get something better than what they'll allow you to craft but your odds of actually getting what you want are so low that there's a good chance nobody in the entire game will EVER get it, even allowing us to craft whatever we want at numbers lower than what you could obtain via random loot would make crafting mandatory for players who care about their gear setup.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

The (shitty) loot pass has already made a lot of named gear obsolete, especially in lower levels. I was and am very much against that, but even going back to the old system wouldn't fix it at this point so we've got to live with it for the time being.  Allowing us to invest in crafting to get gear that's better than what we're realistically going to pull in chests makes more sense to me than the current system of sacrificing a goat and praying that the DDO gods are in a good mood.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #90 - May 6th, 2016 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:37pm:

I don't think CC should be weaker than loot gen. Like I said in my previous post, it makes sense to me that an investment would be a better long term plan than hoping to get lucky.

The difficulty is always going to be balancing it so that it's good enough to be useful without being absurdly overpowered.

We're lucky the folks at Turbine have such a great record with the whole "balancing" thing or we might be concerned that they'd mess it up somehow.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2016 at 3:57pm by Pseudonym »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #91 - May 6th, 2016 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 3:55pm:
I don't think CC should be weaker than loot gen. Like I said in my previous post, it makes sense to me that an investment would be a better long term plan than hoping to get lucky.

I agree fully - some of us are just terminally unlucky, so hoping "to get lucky" is not a fun way to play!

Problem is turbine his a raging nerd-boner for luck. Random chance without published statistics is way too important to them.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #92 - May 6th, 2016 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
There seems to be some kind of fantasy in which people had used the current Cannith Crafting ... at all. Then the argument spirals further away from reality, claiming that loot equal in ML and power to random would make it so players would all lag-spam the crafting machines instead of play content for random loot.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Would it not be better to look at what actually happened for our ideas about what will happen if the "new" Cannith Crafting simply adds recipes up to +16? By the time anybody managed to legitimately grind to the point they could craft a +6, new updates had introduced +8 and then +11 gear.

I know, because I fucking did that.... and then duped the shit out of everything. Because that's what the fucking grind taught me to do.

And I know nobody else did, because they all still bought shit I could craft ... for AS.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #93 - May 6th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 6:25pm:
There seems to be some kind of fantasy in which people had used the current Cannith Crafting ... at all.

It was extremely useful back in the days when the level cap was 20, the Shroud was the be-all/end-all, and random loot was still "in line" with crafted loot. Back then, aside from a few rare effects like Disruption, you could craft anything random loot could create and it was EXTREMELY useful, and used by a lot of people.

You'd actually see people in the trade channel going "looking for x level crafter for blank" and high level finished shards sold on the AH for a mint. Essences sold like hot cakes.

Yes, this was a time.

CC WAS useful and widely used, most people just don't remember because it was pre-MOTU and nobody has memories that long Tongue

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #94 - May 6th, 2016 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 1:16pm:

Time is a gating factor for crafting in the original rules, and it was effective there. As others have pointed out, you either have to have some form of gating, or you have to make it suck. Otherwise it takes over.

And Turdbin already has experience with time gating, they use it for daily dice, raid timers, and challenge tokens.

I'd love to have crafting be both powerful and ungated, but that won't happen. Time gating would at least be a fair way to do it, giving all players a reasonable usage of the system, and giving none of them unreasonable power. Well, maybe it would give long term players more power, but rewarding longevity is good.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #95 - May 6th, 2016 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 7:14pm:
high level finished shards sold on the AH for a mint.

My point. Very useful, yet still rarely used. Otherwise these shards would have been more common, and sold in bulk, for a pittance.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - May 6th, 2016 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 7:54pm:
Time is a gating factor for crafting in the original rules, and it was effective there. As others have pointed out, you either have to have some form of gating, or you have to make it suck. Otherwise it takes over.

There is already a time gate involved.  It takes a huge amount of time to collect and melt items for essences, and then use those essences to improve your crafting skill.

The journey is a long and non-trivial one, and so the reward should be better than "we spent a lot of time on new random loot, so crafted items have to suck in comparison."

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Jerome Snook
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - May 6th, 2016 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 10:20pm:
There is already a time gate involved.  It takes a huge amount of time to collect and melt items for essences, and then use those essences to improve your crafting skill.

The journey is a long and non-trivial one, and so the reward should be better than "we spent a lot of time on new random loot, so crafted items have to suck in comparison."

You should've duped them.
Jerry

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #98 - May 6th, 2016 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 10:20pm:

I completely agree, the effort currently required deserves crafted loot significantly better than random loot gen. I bring up time gating as a possibility because they are reworking crafting, possibly to make it more casual friendly. I don't want it to be casual friendly but utter crap. And while I wouldn't mind if it was great and barely gated, I know that isn't going to happen. So I mention a gate that has worked well and that would gain wider access without flooding the game with great loot.

But of course, that hardest part of getting a good idea moving is convincing Turdbin that they had it  Undecided

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #99 - May 9th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on May 6th, 2016 at 11:03pm:
I bring up time gating as a possibility

If they implement gating it'll be based on Astral Shards, and it will cost an unreasonable number of them(which, in this case, is any number greater than "0"). Then of course to sell more shards, they'll have to make the gate very long(say, a week or so per shard) and of course to sell more bypasses they up the shard count. Maybe 6-7 per item, plus shards of potential. So, yeah, you can make an item without paying... when pigs fly.

The current gating method is more than sufficient. It takes a very long time to level crafting, and a TON of ingredients. Its already open to casuals since "grind chests and decon random loot" is about the casualist thing you can do. When I was first life on my first character and absurdly gimped, I hit a wall around lvl 11. So I passed the time by running Tear of Dhakaan on casual and deconing the loot to build up my crafting. I eventually de-gimped enough to play to get into the game, but it was a great time since for the overtly casual player.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint