Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Why are people so racist? (Read 7169 times)
Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Why are people so racist?
Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Well by class at least..

ive been on lately and have seen that im not at lvl or whatnot to join any groups on the lfm panel even the ones that im in the correct lvl range for..so.. i figured shit. this broken ass fucking game just has more broken ass shit.. no biggie..

But then my guildie told me that these faggots had warlock removed from the lfm for joining. I look through all the lfms and sure as shit.. almost half of them are excluding warlock from joining. Even ones where the person who put the lfm up was a warlock. I thought it may be a glitch but half of those lfms have warlock available.. so idk wtf is going on.

IP Logged

Mr Reilly
Stormreaver Piker

They're all gonna laugh
at me.

Re: Why are people so racist?
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Cause of all the lag you cause?

- Zorro

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
As Mr Reilly said.
Many believe that Warlock auras cause the lag - especially when there is more than one in a group.

IP Logged

Tinstar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Ur a fucking warlock! Solo shit!

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure I read on other forums that warlock was broke in lfms. It was auto excluded probably an oversight on turbine part. If somebody wants warlocks in group when posting lfm they have to add it themselves.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Apr 28th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 11:13pm:
Pretty sure I read on other forums that warlock was broke in lfms. It was auto excluded probably an oversight on turbine part. If somebody wants warlocks in group when posting lfm they have to add it themselves.

Yea i was hearing that from guildies before posting it here but was just seeing if others had the same problem.. they said it was on lower and higher lvl quests.. whatever that means...

Thanks for the info..

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
As Mr Reilly said.
Many believe that Warlock auras cause the lag - especially when there is more than one in a group.

There are an easy dozen foolish conspiracy theories about what causes lag.  They are all wrong.

Warlocks don't cause lag.  Companions don't cause lag.  Barbarians don't cause lag.  Hirelings don't cause lag.  Etc.

Poor coding causes lag.  Bad VM configuration causes lag.  Poor network throughput causes lag.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #7 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:51am
Print Post  
Tinstar wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 10:39pm:
Ur a fucking warlock! Solo shit!

This.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
Well by class at least..

ive been on lately and have seen that im not at lvl or whatnot to join any groups on the lfm panel even the ones that im in the correct lvl range for..so.. i figured shit. this broken ass fucking game just has more broken ass shit.. no biggie..

But then my guildie told me that these faggots had warlock removed from the lfm for joining. I look through all the lfms and sure as shit.. almost half of them are excluding warlock from joining. Even ones where the person who put the lfm up was a warlock. I thought it may be a glitch but half of those lfms have warlock available.. so idk wtf is going on.

You are not well-acquainted with (or probably even aware of the existence of) logic, are you? If the bolded part is true, then the most likely is not the italicized part. Sure, there may be a bug in certain limited instances, but when roughly half the LFMs are accepting of warlocks, then that would indicate most of the rest of the party leaders intentionally excluded warlock (rather than a bug causing their exclusion).

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 7:08am:
You are not well-acquainted with (or probably even aware of the existence of) logic, are you? If the bolded part is true, then the most likely is not the italicized part. Sure, there may be a bug in certain limited instances, but when roughly half the LFMs are accepting of warlocks, then that would indicate most of the rest of the party leaders intentionally excluded warlock (rather than a bug causing their exclusion).

Perhaps you are the one not well acquainted with logic, or perhaps you're too busy wanting to play the victimhood card to bother doing some actual thinking.  Here, how about a mental exercise, let's hope you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to figure out what is really going on.

What's more likely:
1) Half of LFM leaders are so bothered by Warlocks that they actually take the time to uncheck the warlock button when posting an LFM? 
2) Turbine added Warlocks to the game, but then forgot to include them as a class that the Auto-Group function automatically adds when posting an LFM for the lazy leader out pugging?  And in the long time since Warlocks came out Turbine couldn't be bothered to fix such a small and obvious oversight?
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:35am by Spoon »  

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 10:35am:
Perhaps you are the one not well acquainted with logic, or perhaps you're too busy wanting to play the victimhood card to bother doing some actual thinking.  Here, how about a mental exercise, let's hope you can pull your head out of your ass long enough to figure out what is really going on.

What's more likely:
1) Half of LFM leaders are so bothered by Warlocks that they actually take the time to uncheck the warlock button when posting an LFM? 
2) Turbine added Warlocks to the game, but then forgot to include them as a class that the Auto-Group function automatically adds when posting an LFM for the lazy leader out pugging?  And in the long time since Warlocks came out Turbine couldn't be bothered to fix such a small and obvious oversight?

Great second post.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:37am
Print Post  

What's more likely:

Well, since my LFMs are open to warlocks when I post LFMs and I don't do anything other than select the quest I want to run, set the level range, and a quick comment, then based on experience I would say it's #1.

EDIT: And what exactly is "the victimhood card"? And how did I play that card?
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:43am by nowAvaultie »  

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 11:37am:
Well, since my LFMs are open to warlocks when I post LFMs and I don't do anything other than select the quest I want to run, set the level range, and a quick comment, then based on experience I would say it's #1.

EDIT: And what exactly is "the victimhood card"? And how did I play that card?

It's about what you're willing to accept at face value.  It's about the narrative you will default to believing instead of taking the time to explore alternative explanations.

Where do you get the figure "half" of all LFMs?  Did you double-check it in-game, did you ask a leader with an LFM posted excluding Warlocks why they did it?  Or did you see it said and just repeat it mindlessly?  What makes you think "half" of all players posting LFMs intentionally excluding Warlocks sounds like a logical explanation?  At face value, its preposterous. 

But if you choose to naively accept it you can say things like "My LFMs are open to Warlocks" and feel like you're much more enlightened than other players, implicitly assuming other players are actively excluding Warlocks.  You can paint the poor Warlocks (bonus points if you play a Warlock) as victims of other people's narrowmindedness.   

Since you've got your head lodged up there firmly, I'll spell it out for you.  There is a bug in the game.  If you make a "Public Group" the game will replace the Warlock icon with the Epic Icon.  This doesnt happen if you make a "Private Group."  It's a bug so blindingly obvious that it takes all of two minutes to figure out and go in the game to confirm.  Then, seeing a load of LFMs that don't list Warlocks makes a shit-ton of sense, those are all Public Groups where the leader wasn't aware of the bug.  But instead of taking the time to fully explore option #2, you double-downed on option #1.  Logic...get acquainted with it.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:23pm by Spoon »  

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #13 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  

What's more likely:

Occam's Spoon.  Cheesy

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:19pm:
It's about what you're willing to accept at face value.  It's about the narrative you will default to believing instead of taking the time to explore alternative explanations.

Where do you get the figure "half" of all LFMs?  Did you double-check it in-game, did you ask a leader with an LFM posted excluding Warlocks why they did it?  Or did you see it said and just repeat it mindlessly?  What makes you think "half" of all players posting LFMs intentionally excluding Warlocks sounds like a logical explanation?  At face value, its preposterous. 

But if you choose to naively accept it you can say things like "My LFMs are open to Warlocks" and feel like you're much more enlightened than other players, implicitly assuming other players are actively excluding Warlocks.  You can paint the poor Warlocks (bonus points if you play a Warlock) as victims of other people's narrowmindedness.   

Since you've got your head lodged up there firmly, I'll spell it out for you.  There is a bug in the game.  If you make a "Public Group" the game will replace the Warlock icon with the Epic Icon.  This doesnt happen if you make a "Private Group."  It's a bug so blindingly obvious that it takes all of two minutes to figure out and go in the game to confirm.  Then, seeing a load of LFMs that don't list Warlocks makes a shit-ton of sense, those are all Public Groups where the leader wasn't aware of the bug.  But instead of taking the time to fully explore option #2, you double-downed on option #1.  Logic...get acquainted with it.

Now, if you'd actually looked at the bolded parts that I quoted, you'd have seen that's where I got the "half of all LFMs". And I turned off the "Public Group" option the day they released that and haven't thought about it since. No one that joins my groups ever has that on as far as I can tell. I say that because, if I recall correctly, it annoys the group leader with a pop-up asking if they want to post a public lfm. And I haven't seen that pop-up in years. So, yeah, I wasn't in a position to consider the "Public Group" option as the source of the bug since I'd forgotten that even existed. However, it makes sense that Turbine failed to update that since they, too, either forgot it exists or have chosen to ignore it (depending on how much malice you wish to ascribe to them). I'm actually surprised to see there are that many people using the "Public Group" option based on the OP's information.

IP Logged

Erofen
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Because they support Trump.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Dullknife wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:29pm:
Occam's Spoon.  Cheesy

LMAO, nice!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
Now, if you'd actually looked at the bolded parts that I quoted, you'd have seen that's where I got the "half of all LFMs". And I turned off the "Public Group" option the day they released that and haven't thought about it since. No one that joins my groups ever has that on as far as I can tell. I say that because, if I recall correctly, it annoys the group leader with a pop-up asking if they want to post a public lfm. And I haven't seen that pop-up in years. So, yeah, I wasn't in a position to consider the "Public Group" option as the source of the bug since I'd forgotten that even existed. However, it makes sense that Turbine failed to update that since they, too, either forgot it exists or have chosen to ignore it (depending on how much malice you wish to ascribe to them). I'm actually surprised to see there are that many people using the "Public Group" option based on the OP's information.

It's cool bro, you think I asked you all those questions because I didn't know the answers.  I asked them because I didn't think you knew the fucking answers. 

I know that you quoted the OP, I wanted to know if you realized you were just mindlessly taking what someone else said at face value, repeating it as truth without confirming it, and then using it so you could insult them.  You asked if the OP was acquainted with logic after quoting two things they said, implying they were an idiot. 

If you had stopped to think about it, you wouldn't have insulted them and you wouldn't have assumed that half of LFM posters were intentionally excluding other players when the alternative explanation that there was a glitch in the game is simpler and more often the truth. 

At this point, perhaps you should admit to the OP that they were right to assume there was a glitch and it was stupid for you to imply that they weren't acquainted with logic.  And the next time you see the chance to insult someone ask yourself if you're about to be an idiot just for the chance to insult someone else.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Well by class at least..

Click to join on them anyway, then you'll see if they really hate you.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Apr 28th, 2016 at 8:25pm:
As Mr Reilly said.

No no.. about 6 months ago I said it was most likely warlocks causing the lag because of all the damage data and a bunch of know it all dipshits told me no it wasn't that so it can't be warlocks causing the lag.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 1:23am:
There are an easy dozen foolish conspiracy theories about what causes lag.  They are all wrong.

Warlocks don't cause lag.  Companions don't cause lag.  Barbarians don't cause lag.  Hirelings don't cause lag.  Etc.

Poor coding causes lag.  Bad VM configuration causes lag.  Poor network throughput causes lag.

I didn't say I subscribe to it.
If it were just one or two things, then it would have been solved and isolated by now.
The spinning blades seem to be a trigger in more cases than average.  So the coding and calcs behind this when combined with other factors, cause people to think it is the root cause, when it is likely just a symptom.
I think auras fall into a similar category, where observation bias plays a role.  Auras would generate many calcs particularly in large groups, but because the lag is not always present, there must be other contributing factors.

Like you I suspect the coding patches and short cuts over time are the main issue and why they can't fix it easily.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:27pm
Print Post  

I removed them from some of my LFM's cause the quality of the game drops to piss poor lvls when they are killing everything and no one has anything to do   Im doing my first warlock now (lvl 8 atm) and you have to either do tougher stuff where your dps is needed or ensure that your in a balanced grp that needs the additional dps.  I'm seeing a lot of cleric tanks now that I've been grouping with and its a good fit.   Just be aware that people are here to enjoy the game not follow a warlock around while he soloes shit.   
Sadly most people are boneheads with no conception of group dynamics.   Many people intentionally play and join grps to spread misery and boredom.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
No no.. about 6 months ago I said it was most likely warlocks causing the lag because of all the damage data and a bunch of know it all dipshits told me no it wasn't that so it can't be warlocks causing the lag. 

As explained in my post above, I don't think it is Warlocks causing the lags because to test that would be simple.  Prevent all warlocks playing for a day and see if lag disappears.  It won't.

I was answering the OP about the perception that Warlocks cause lag. There is a perception and that influences some members of the playerbase.

Warlocks being the most recent class done by this crew (who couldn't debug a "Hello World" batch), is probably buggy to all shit, so I have no doubt it contributes in some way, but it is not the root cause.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2016 at 8:29pm by PersonaNonGrata »  

IP Logged

Dark_Helmet
Wielder of the Schwartz

I hate you!

Reply #23 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:38am
Print Post  
Actually it is a bug:
If you look, 1/3 of the LFMs actually have an EPIC icon instead of  class (typically Warlock) as there is a limit of 14 class icons. This happens even at mid and low levels, so it doesn't have anything to do with being near 20.

I have reported it several times and no action has been taken.
Not even a thank you for reporting it.
Not posted as a known issue.   

Jerry must have been too hung over when it was brought up in person.

I don't contribute any more bug reports as it has been useless.

...now back to your conspiracy theories.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 30th, 2016 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Dark_Helmet wrote on Apr 30th, 2016 at 1:38am:
I don't contribute any more bug reports as it has been useless.

Worse than useless.  Of the ~10-15 bug reports I've submitted a good third of them never even made it to Turbine for them to ignore.  You can park a lot of your report in your copy buffer for the cases where submission fails, but having to fill out a dozen fields and drop downs makes that a maddening process that even copy/paste doesn't speed up much.  So I gave it up as a bad idea.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint