Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) (Read 7169 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
May 9th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
The DDO game worlds will be brought down on Tuesday, May 10th from 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 31: Gnomework. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game!

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Re: Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Glad they got all the kinks worked out.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 3:12pm:

Exactly.  Good thing they allowed more time to test on Lamma as they said they would.  It appears that this update will be another rousing lag-free success.  Turbine has been doing right by their customers lately and is definitely on the right track. 

PS: did you notice how innovative and creative their loot design was this update?  I have complete faith in them to absolutely nail revamping cannith crafting.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 9th, 2016 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 3:16pm:
did you notice how innovative and creative their loot design was this update?

I am glad I didnt make any lgs items. No telling what I would have to swap around or replace and recraft because turbine pushes out loot that makes the past few updates obsolete.

The ring best in slot on any melee or ranged.

The cloak BiS for shiradi @185 impulse power. cucked if you made a lgs cloak

Boots BiS for melee with 4 quality str and seeker. also cucked if you made lgs boots

Helm is sick too.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 9th, 2016 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
How bad is it when you just expect every update to be a rushed bug filled piece of shit?

Bad.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

merciless
Dragon Raider

Reply #5 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 3:42pm:
How bad is it when you just expect every update to be a rushed bug filled piece of shit?

Normal

Ftfy

Some are insane, and the're in charge.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Dr_tank2vich wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 3:12pm:

Lol don't get your hopes up, knowing turdbine your in for a surprise!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Wow, that was fast.

As an aside, is this all f2p content?

Or are they expecting us to buy some shit?

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #8 - May 9th, 2016 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Tangelina wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Lol don't get your hopes up, knowing turdbine your in for a surprise!  Roll Eyes

The surprise would be if everything worked without breaking anything.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #9 - May 9th, 2016 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Yeah if they would have fixed the lag etc I was gonna buy an Ottos box; due to the fact a couple weeks ago a mule account got perma banned with nearly a whole inventory full of them.  They got me, but their inept operation style is keeping me from spending more money with them.  Dumbasses.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #10 - May 9th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 4:27pm:
The surprise would be if everything worked without breaking anything.

If they break something special I might just buy a box.  😈

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 9th, 2016 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 5:19pm:
Yeah if they would have fixed the lag etc I was gonna buy an Ottos box; due to the fact a couple weeks ago a mule account got perma banned with nearly a whole inventory full of them.  They got me, but their inept operation style is keeping me from spending more money with them.  Dumbasses. 

You successfully duped otto's boxes?

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 9th, 2016 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
It was only 1 weekend of llama, right?
Welcome to alpha testing after U31 hits tomorrow.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - May 9th, 2016 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 5:50pm:

Lol.

IP Logged

Novalis
Dragon Raider

I may be a bastard but
I'm not a fuckin' bastard

Reply #14 - May 9th, 2016 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 5:19pm:

Someone explain to me why the DDO police are still doing this shit but they don't have the resources or manpower to fix shit?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 9th, 2016 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello all,

Wanted to give people a heads up with the state of the Kensei and Update 31. There are several changes that will not be included when the update goes live, but will be added in a future patch, coming soon.

These changes include:

Tier 4: Added the following 2 Enhancements
•      Opportunity Attack: 2 Charges, Melee Attack: Deals +1/2/3[W] Damage. Your Melee Power is boosted by 10 for 6 seconds. Each time you damage an opponent, but no more than once per second, you have a 10% chance to add a charge up to a maximum of 2.
•      Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion or drink, increases Positive Healing Amplification 50 for 30 seconds

Core Skills:
•      Change Core Level 18 "One Cut" skill to the following: On Activate, Crit Multiplier Increase (Unique Bonus for 15 seconds, 60 second cooldown)

We will also be monitoring additional feedback on the Kensei and seeing if additional changes are needed.

Thanks
Nohbob

That should bring up the dps,a bit. I think it is enough to even out with the 12fighter swash build I tested with, but not outperform rangers, barbs, and pallies.. 
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2016 at 8:22pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - May 9th, 2016 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 8:21pm:
That should bring up the dps,a bit. I think it is enough to even out with the 12fighter swash build I tested with, but not outperform rangers, barbs, and pallies.. 

Yeah.  That T4 ability will be "always on" for most fights, unless you get tripped, held, stunned, danced, commanded, cometfalled, whatever.  6 seconds is pretty quick to expire it.

The Crit Multiplier is nice, but would be better if it was more than 15 seconds per minute.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - May 9th, 2016 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 8:21pm:

Ok, I suck at quoting so your quotes didn't come through... But here's my half-baked opinion:

Liquid Courage: so I need two separate pots, hopefully on separate cool downs, to get any meaningful self-healing happening. This idea was shit in the Dwarf Racial tree, it's not any better rehashed now.

Opportunity Attack: 1 second gate on the procs, at 10% chance. I guess Haste Guard and Haste pots are the new black, unless it resets the timer for another 6 seconds.

One Cut: A level 18 clickie to get a Crit Multiplier increase with a timer. This is complete horse-shit when Paladin gets Holy Sword at 14 and Ranger has +1 Multi/Threat at Lvl 12. And they're not on short timers (Ranger bonuses are permanent).

Like Rub said, it's an improvement, but it still seems low. Well behind other f2p classes and even (at a cursory glance) behind Vanguard.

Fail.

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but FFS, after all these kicks at the can you would think these ass-clowns would get something right by ACCIDENT at this point.

You know, a million monkeys at a million typewriters and all that...  Shocked

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - May 9th, 2016 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 10:19pm:
Ok, I suck at quoting so your quotes didn't come through... But here's my half-baked opinion:

Liquid Courage: so I need two separate pots, hopefully on separate cool downs, to get any meaningful self-healing happening. This idea was shit in the Dwarf Racial tree, it's not any better rehashed now.

Opportunity Attack: 1 second gate on the procs, at 10% chance. I guess Haste Guard and Haste pots are the new black, unless it resets the timer for another 6 seconds.

One Cut: A level 18 clickie to get a Crit Multiplier increase with a timer. This is complete horse-shit when Paladin gets Holy Sword at 14 and Ranger has +1 Multi/Threat at Lvl 12. And they're not on short timers (Ranger bonuses are permanent).

Like Rub said, it's an improvement, but it still seems low. Well behind other f2p classes and even (at a cursory glance) behind Vanguard.

Fail.

I shouldn't be surprised by this, but FFS, after all these kicks at the can you would think these ass-clowns would get something right by ACCIDENT at this point.

You know, a million monkeys at a million typewriters and all that...  Shocked

On Liquid Courage - Standard CSW or SF pots are on a 3 second cool down.  30 seconds is plenty of time.  The positive amp affects cocoon, LoH, and other healing sources too.  Including the LGS procs and the PL proc.  It's better than you make it out to be.  But it's still not great self healing as you have to pause DPS.

On the Opportunity Attack - It does reset the timer, and if you aren't landing at least 10 hits in 6 seconds, then you don't deserve to keep the thing going.  But still, I'd rather see a 10 or 12 second timer on that.

One Cut - This is IN ADDITION to the permanent +1 Crit Multipler and +1 Crit Range boosts the Kensei already gets.  So they will have more than Ranger or Pally.  For 15 seconds per minute.  Again, better than you suggest.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #19 - May 9th, 2016 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 5:50pm:

There were ways to dupe just about anything.  Shards, stones, et al.  I still know a few people with tons of things.  They got my mule bank account, but they didn't get a lot of the other stuff on my main accounts.  I still don't know how they found out, cuz I'm very very careful.  I think it was luck.  There were only a couple people that knew of this account, and it was benefiting them greatly.  Plus they are my personal friends. 

There might be one person that is on the current Ddo players council that might have turned on me.  I say that due to the fact that he was a duper/exploiter then all of a sudden stopped all when he was about to get on the council.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 10th, 2016 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 11:29pm:
I say that due to the fact that he was a duper/exploiter then all of a sudden stopped all when he was about to get on the council.

drama!! name some names. air these bitches out....

Novalis wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 8:19pm:
Someone explain to me why the DDO police are still doing this shit but they don't have the resources or manpower to fix shit?

lol. hemorrhaging players, support takes forever or never(depending on your ticket), lag everyday, infi bugs,  but still find a duper to punish? u wot m8

Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
landing at least 10 hits in 6 seconds, then you don't deserve to keep the thing going.

should be able to keep up the stacks going pretty much non-stop. Just tons of clicking for 10mp.

Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
One Cut - This is IN ADDITION to the permanent +1 Crit Multipler and +1 Crit Range boosts the Kensei already gets.  So they will have more than Ranger or Pally.  For 15 seconds per minute.  Again, better than you suggest.

sort of. One Cut was on same cooldown as haste boost. Someone brought that up in the kensei thread on mobo, and a dev said they would look into it. Maybe they will change that when the patch hits later. One Cut was already annoying to play with because of the shared cooldown bs. I had to click it, wait 30 seconds then start dpsing so I could have dual boosts going. nice design, turbine. 

Metal-Beast wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 10:19pm:

twf kensei well ahead of vanguard if both in LD.

Kensei wont be beating the other melee classes in raw dps. The new fighter feats do add some versatility to builds. Getting high tactic dc is easier than ever for fighter splashes now and 6th level gets crit expansion. Or go all out pdk tactics build and max dc for stunning shield is like 170~ now
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 12:22am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

later!

Reply #21 - May 10th, 2016 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Rubbins on phone responding but I can't get the mark and quote to work properly. 

So to me outing who I think ratted on me: I can't do that, for it wouldn't be fair without actual proof.  I assure you if/when I do I'll burn their ass in more ways than one.  Including here for all to see and hopefully assist in destroying said individual.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #22 - May 10th, 2016 at 9:36am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 4:27pm:
The surprise would be if everything anything worked without breaking anything everything.

FTFY

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - May 10th, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 8:19pm:

Banning people is easy and fun, fixing stuff is hard and boring, and there is no management engaged enough to make them focus on the hard boring stuff.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Jerome Snook
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 10th, 2016 at 10:38am
Print Post  
UPDATE: The worlds have reopened. Thank you!

Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint