Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) (Read 7181 times)
Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: Downtime Notice: 8:00 - 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
Reply #25 - May 10th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 9th, 2016 at 10:36pm:
On Liquid Courage - Standard CSW or SF pots are on a 3 second cool down.  30 seconds is plenty of time.  The positive amp affects cocoon, LoH, and other healing sources too.  Including the LGS procs and the PL proc.  It's better than you make it out to be.  But it's still not great self healing as you have to pause DPS.

On the Opportunity Attack - It does reset the timer, and if you aren't landing at least 10 hits in 6 seconds, then you don't deserve to keep the thing going.  But still, I'd rather see a 10 or 12 second timer on that.

One Cut - This is IN ADDITION to the permanent +1 Crit Multipler and +1 Crit Range boosts the Kensei already gets.  So they will have more than Ranger or Pally.  For 15 seconds per minute.  Again, better than you suggest.

Valid points. I missed the memo on the permanent +1 crit profile before I raged out. But then, it's not the Vault if someone doesn't go off half-cocked. That changes it somewhat, if not a great deal.

I just feel that anything where I have to stop mashing the left mouse-button to work is a non-starter in any DPS class. Maybe I'm just spoiled after running Warlocks.

In my experience it always leads to the old "Healing Cycle Trap" where I'm running around jumping like a rabbit on Speed guzzling pots that don't do much trying to stay alive.

Timers are an issue because, as I'm sure everyone is aware, lag happens, yet magically, timers continue to roll even though your toon is running on the spot/hanging in mid-air/frozen completely.

Too many things can go wrong on very short timers (ie. any timer in the single digits) that are completely beyond the management of the player. Nothing worse than watching your carefully managed clickies evapourate because of the Yellow (or Red) Bullet Hole. I will concede your point here though.

All this while other f2p classes have significantly better options, and don't have to slot items to get more (any!) SP since they come with a blue bar, or get it passively on kill (Blood Strength).

To my mind, Hamp is a non-issue since you basically have to WORK at not getting hamp on your build somewhere. So it is part of the base-line in my figuring. YMMV.

I'm not sure why they didn't just re-work the "Second Wind" ability from 4-5e. Maybe they figured it was too "Lay on Hands." Or they were just too lazy (I know where my money is on this).

Fuck it, I want Weapon Master. Shit can this Kensei nonsense and give me the Hurtin' Bombz.

OK, all done.

I'll go lay down somewhere quiet now. Lips Sealed

Edited:
It just occured to me (late of course) that they could make a lot more money selling p2p Prestige Class trees for f2p classes just by making them not suck. "Created New Class Tree" looks good for CV padding and it makes players happy. Win-Win. Sometimes I marvel at their lack of inventiveness.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2016 at 11:19am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #26 - May 10th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 11:15am:
Valid points. I missed the memo on the permanent +1 crit profile before I raged out. But then, it's not the Vault if someone doesn't go off half-cocked. That changes it somewhat, if not a great deal.

I just feel that anything where I have to stop mashing the left mouse-button to work is a non-starter in any DPS class. Maybe I'm just spoiled after running Warlocks.

In my experience it always leads to the old "Healing Cycle Trap" where I'm running around jumping like a rabbit on Speed guzzling pots that don't do much trying to stay alive.

Timers are an issue because, as I'm sure everyone is aware, lag happens, yet magically, timers continue to roll even though your toon is running on the spot/hanging in mid-air/frozen completely.

Too many things can go wrong on very short timers (ie. any timer in the single digits) that are completely beyond the management of the player. Nothing worse than watching your carefully managed clickies evapourate because of the Yellow (or Red) Bullet Hole. I will concede your point here though.

All this while other f2p classes have significantly better options, and don't have to slot items to get more (any!) SP since they come with a blue bar, or get it passively on kill (Blood Strength).

To my mind, Hamp is a non-issue since you basically have to WORK at not getting hamp on your build somewhere. So it is part of the base-line in my figuring. YMMV.

I'm not sure why they didn't just re-work the "Second Wind" ability from 4-5e. Maybe they figured it was too "Lay on Hands." Or they were just too lazy (I know where my money is on this).

Fuck it, I want Weapon Master. Shit can this Kensei nonsense and give me the Hurtin' Bombz.

OK, all done.

I'll go lay down somewhere quiet now. Lips Sealed

Edited:
It just occured to me (late of course) that they could make a lot more money selling p2p Prestige Class trees for f2p classes just by making them not suck. "Created New Class Tree" looks good for CV padding and it makes players happy. Win-Win. Sometimes I marvel at their lack of inventiveness.

Agree with everything you said.  The changes don't totally suck but the improvements are still not enough to make the class competitive with the other classes that were "passed".   

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #27 - May 10th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Just had to recall out of one of the quests since the goddamn squirrel didn't spawned. First quest and first bug. Oh joy.....

IP Logged

yasz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - May 10th, 2016 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
The new quest Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener cannot be completed if more than one human person is in the quest (hirelings are fine.)

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2016 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
That'll teach ya to dual-box for extra shots at the chest!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - May 10th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
NOTE: We expect to add two additional enhancement options in the fourth tier of Kensei soon.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 2:16pm:
Just had to recall out of one of the quests since the goddamn squirrel didn't spawned. First quest and first bug. Oh joy.....

I got gang-raped by the Umber Hulks in the Eveningstar quest.

One is OK, but apparently they continually spam that gaze attack, and the effect has a long duration (causes helpless as well)?

Taking on more than one solo is a challenge for my gimp toons.

At least they look good. Art department came through, yet again. Couldn't really tell what they were re-skinned from.

Still holding out for ankhegs next pass.  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 10th, 2016 at 8:49pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 10th, 2016 at 6:51pm:
I got gang-raped by the Umber Hulks in the Eveningstar quest.

One is OK, but apparently they continually spam that gaze attack, and the effect has a long duration (causes helpless as well)?

Taking on more than one solo is a challenge for my gimp toons.

At least they look good. Art department came through, yet again. Couldn't really tell what they were re-skinned from.

Still holding out for ankhegs next pass.  Grin

Yeah I was looking for another way for ranged toons to be better....  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint