Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic legendary greensteel (Read 8031 times)
painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

legendary greensteel
May 12th, 2016 at 8:31am
Print Post  
the wiki isn't very clear to me...if I have two appropriate tier 3 items I get a 20% hit point bonus?  what does a third item of the same type do?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: legendary greensteel
Reply #1 - May 12th, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Two items with 3 tiers of opposition each will give you 18% HP. A third item will add 2% per opposition tier.

IP Logged

Razaghan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2016 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Does it have to be all 3 tiers? What if you have 2 items with just T3 opposition? Wiki's (unverified) formula seems to suggest that only higher tier counts
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2016 at 9:03am by Razaghan »  

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
for people who have made the 2-piece hp set...what did you make your greensteel?  it looks to me like the opposition stuff is all shite...the useful things (hp and sp bonus) gives 2 max dodge bonus? wtf?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2016 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 1:30pm:
for people who have made the 2-piece hp set...what did you make your greensteel?  it looks to me like the opposition stuff is all shite...the useful things (hp and sp bonus) gives 2 max dodge bonus? wtf? 

Dodge bonus means you can live through a character crushing LE mob hit.  So, mechanics win?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 4:16pm:
Dodge bonus means you can live through a character crushing LE mob hit.  So, mechanics win?

Random puggers are easier to acquire. Tongue

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Razaghan wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 9:03am:
Does it have to be all 3 tiers? What if you have 2 items with just T3 opposition? Wiki's (unverified) formula seems to suggest that only higher tier counts

I think so, at least according to wiki. If true, then we can craft assorted pieces and still get to the end bonus set of the 2 piece dominion/escalation/opposition, and the 4 piece material/ethereal. Would 4 tier 3 material augments, and 2 tier 3 opposition augments get me full bonus for hp% and magic critical multiplier?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

MarkofDoom
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 4:16pm:

Not if I'm already at my armor's dodge cap, as I found out earlier this week when I put on my 2nd GS accessory.  Cry
It doesn't increase the armor cap for some stupid reason.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 12:39am by MarkofDoom »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
MarkofDoom wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 12:36am:
Not if I'm already at my armor's dodge cap, as I found out earlier this week when I put on my 2nd GS accessory.  Cry
It doesn't increase the armor cap for some stupid reason.

Doh!

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Razaghan wrote on May 12th, 2016 at 9:03am:

The wiki has a lot of incorrect information.

Yes, it has to be all three tiers if you want to receive the benefits of wearing a t3 item for the set bonus.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2016 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:33pm:
I think so, at least according to wiki. If true, then we can craft assorted pieces and still get to the end bonus set of the 2 piece dominion/escalation/opposition, and the 4 piece material/ethereal. Would 4 tier 3 material augments, and 2 tier 3 opposition augments get me full bonus for hp% and magic critical multiplier?

It's 2% per tier, and only unique augments count (so if you ahve 2x fire tier 3, you only get +2%).  You don't need a complete item to gain the bonus (e.g., you can add an item with just tier1/2 while you farm out for the tier 3). 

I don't know what happens if you mix essence types (e.g., mixed opposition and ethereal). 

For shiradi casters and warlocks, you basically only want material essence, since you gain HP and crit for each tier in all pieces.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 7:35pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 7:32pm:
It's 2% per tier, and only unique augments count (so if you ahve 2x fire tier 3, you only get +2%).  You don't need a complete item to gain the bonus (e.g., you can add an item with just tier1/2 while you farm out for the tier 3). 

I don't know what happens if you mix essence types (e.g., mixed opposition and ethereal). 

For shiradi casters and warlocks, you basically only want material essence, since you gain HP and crit for each tier in all pieces. 

Can you tell me (i rally dont get wiki) if you know, how the melle crit works, and what ammount of melle crit damage/hp bonus you get with a 5 set?
I dont understand when the melle crit or spell crit damage is calculated with the set.
Is it after all modifiers? Or does it simply increase your multiplifer by adding a percantage base?
Or does it calculate your full crit damage then adds the % from the set?

Since i was away during the time they added shroud n such bshit, cant really find shithole DDO forums thread that explains how it all works.

(sorry for the questions but its really unclear to me how it works)
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 8:19pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
NFI how melee works, but I hear it's not even close to worth it.  For casters, it's just an additive % with all other sources.  5 set bonus is trash, but the 4 set scales with more pieces, so it's good to get as many pieces as you can.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2016 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
hmm guess i need lama

friend ingame who got set on a melle rang said it works simil to seeker aka calc before all damage which in turn could make set godly on few melle builds..
So wanted to check if that is true

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 9:59pm:
hmm guess i need lama

friend ingame who got set on a melle rang said it works simil to seeker aka calc before all damage which in turn could make set godly on few melle builds..
So wanted to check if that is true

Yeah.  But what are you giving up to get that damage?  The caster can make it work because they don't need all that much if they are specializing in just shiradi spamming. 

The melee can't afford to waste 4 gear slots.  Let's say you give up head, neck, goggles, and cloak.  That leaves you with armor, belt, boots, gloves, wrists, ring, ring, trinket to cover all of:

(Assume a Str/Heavy melee build.  If not, replace some stuff with Dodge, Sneak Attack, Diversion, etc.)

Str
Insight Str
Quality Str
Con
Insight Con
Int (assuming KtA) or Cha (For DM)
Insight Int (assuming KtA) or Cha (For DM)
Deadly
Insight Deadly
Accuracy
Insight Accuracy
Seeker
Insight Seeker
Doublestrike
Insight Doublestrike
Quality DoubleStrike
Alacrity
Speed
Melee Power
Heal Amp
Resistance
Armor Piercing
Blurry
Ghostly
Sheltering
Insight Sheltering
Quality Sheltering
Combat Master
Insight Combat Master
Stun/Vertigo
Insight Stun/Vertigo
Good Luck
Parrying
Intim
Insight Intim
Incite
Insight Incite
Natural Armor
Protection
Vitality
Fortification
Insight Fortification

Around 35-40 effects.  for 8 slots.  You need a density of 4.5-5 items per slot.  Which you can get on named loot, but not on Random Loot.  Even with crafting.  You are either leaving some DPS on the table or some survivability.  Those 4 slots represent somewhere between 8-16 effects.  Plus you lose augment slot potential on all 4.  So now you have fewer of those.  Which further limits flexibility. 

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #15 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 10:08am:
Yeah.  But what are you giving up to get that damage?  The caster can make it work because they don't need all that much if they are specializing in just shiradi spamming. 

The melee can't afford to waste 4 gear slots.  Let's say you give up head, neck, goggles, and cloak.  That leaves you with armor, belt, boots, gloves, wrists, ring, ring, trinket to cover all of:

(Assume a Str/Heavy melee build.  If not, replace some stuff with Dodge, Sneak Attack, Diversion, etc.)

Str
Insight Str
Quality Str
Con
Insight Con
Int (assuming KtA) or Cha (For DM)
Insight Int (assuming KtA) or Cha (For DM)
Deadly
Insight Deadly
Accuracy
Insight Accuracy
Seeker
Insight Seeker
Doublestrike
Insight Doublestrike
Quality DoubleStrike
Alacrity
Speed
Melee Power
Heal Amp
Resistance
Armor Piercing
Blurry
Ghostly
Sheltering
Insight Sheltering
Quality Sheltering
Combat Master
Insight Combat Master
Stun/Vertigo
Insight Stun/Vertigo
Good Luck
Parrying
Intim
Insight Intim
Incite
Insight Incite
Natural Armor
Protection
Vitality
Fortification
Insight Fortification

Around 35-40 effects.  for 8 slots.  You need a density of 4.5-5 items per slot.  Which you can get on named loot, but not on Random Loot.  Even with crafting.  You are either leaving some DPS on the table or some survivability.  Those 4 slots represent somewhere between 8-16 effects.  Plus you lose augment slot potential on all 4.  So now you have fewer of those.  Which further limits flexibility. 

Half of those can be droped by the build i want to do, i have been pondering around gear setups and i have a setup i could use on couple specific builds.
Veryfing last tests before actually tring to 1 version i want to test.
Should be finalized in next 3-4 days.
Slot wise i was to drop helm gloves bracers and cloack so far.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Even at half, you are still in a pickle to fit it all in.  But which ones would you give up?  I'm curious what you pare out.  My suspicion is you end up with a glass cannon that gets one shotted in LE/EE's.  The CC is one option, but Stun/Combat Mastery is only 4 effects.  And, on a melee, very worth it, imo. 

If you are going with a light armor/dodge build then you need to work in dodge/insight dodge too.  The worst would be an assassin build.  Squeezing in assassinate, diversion, sneak attacks, etc on top of everything else is really tough.  Even though you can drop some things to make room.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 10:47am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 10:45am:
Even at half, you are still in a pickle to fit it all in.  But which ones would you give up?  I'm curious what you pare out.  My suspicion is you end up with a glass cannon that gets one shotted in LE/EE's.  The CC is one option, but Stun/Combat Mastery is only 4 effects.  And, on a melee, very worth it, imo. 

If you are going with a light armor/dodge build then you need to work in dodge/insight dodge too.  The worst would be an assassin build.  Squeezing in assassinate, diversion, sneak attacks, etc on top of everything else is really tough.  Even though you can drop some things to make room.

Lets say, there are builds out there that are melle and can afford to drop most of the gear listed here while still being effective enough to  zerg content no matter the difficulty
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 11:20am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 11:03am:
Lets say, there are builds out there that are melle and can afford to drop most of the gear listed here while still being effective enough to  zerg content no matter the difficulty

I asked for details and get vague generalities.  If you don't want to share your build idea, that's fine.  But then the thread becomes a one way street.  You take information and give none.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 12:17pm:
I asked for details and get vague generalities.  If you don't want to share your build idea, that's fine.  But then the thread becomes a one way street.  You take information and give none.   

He's updating the tree build.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 12:17pm:

Vague, half-baked random and incorrect ideas are Ledouch's standard MO.  You've been here long enough to know that.

About the only thing useful that he ever really posted was the sploit wolf build.  Even that was mostly just taking what Munkenmo did and tweaking it a bit.

Don't forget, this is the guy that sat outside the ToEE portal reporting people for exploiting the altar buff bug all the while knowing full well that he was an exploiter, too.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2016 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 1:27pm:
Don't forget, this is the guy that sat outside the ToEE portal reporting people for exploiting the altar buff bug all the while knowing full well that he was an exploiter, too.

Wow, really?
What sad sack of shit would do that?
New Vault title for LeDouche should be Hypocrite.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Vague, half-baked random and incorrect ideas are Ledouch's standard MO.  You've been here long enough to know that.

About the only thing useful that he ever really posted was the sploit wolf build.  Even that was mostly just taking what Munkenmo did and tweaking it a bit.

I never did that since i didnt once report a single person for ploiting.
Never intend to either, since caring and trying to help this games community does fucking nothing outside of giving yourself some selfsatisfaction that you did the right thing. As i know ddo devs arent a fuckn religion that rewards you for being "good".

If they rewarded people with tp for reporting ploiters, i bet you 1000$ that 95% of the vaulties that go "omfg he reported" would be the reporters themselfs.

But on the other side i was reported many times by other people
(mostly haters from here who would log to actually try and find something reportable on my afk toon sitting in front of temple while i was working that was afk mainly to keep into contact with my igfriends) /which i dont give a fk about but find funny that some people have no life but had to "stalk me in game" and make up silly reasons why im afking there.
Tho, haters will hate, not like i care as long as i can have fun in this game.

I just dont get, if i say that there are builds out there /i can name couple specific bear based builds, couple tree build ideas that i have now and several other ideas that are melle and could survivive without most of the gear that was mentioned and execute their purpose while sloting lgs for set bonuses, why are you against that?
If you play 1 sided builds that turbine wants you to play (pure ranger, pure rogue, pure barb, now pure fighter), why are you actually going against me who is trying to find builds that go against turbines policy?
Its as if you are supporting turdbine.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 9:49pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  

Feel free to dislike him for other, potentially valid reasons, but this is 100% untrue.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #24 - May 25th, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 9:40pm:
I never did that since i didnt once report a single person for ploiting.
Never intend to either, since caring and trying to help this games community does fucking nothing outside of giving yourself some selfsatisfaction that you did the right thing. As i know ddo devs arent a fuckn religion that rewards you for being "good".

My mistake.  I apologize.  You are correct and I had misremembered the incident from a year and half a go.

Instead, you sat outside ToEE screenshotting or recording video of people exploiting the altar buffs bug and reported the exploit, not the people, to Turbine.  Slightly less of an assholish move but still made you a raging hypocrite given that you knowingly used and abused other bugs.

For reference and clarity's sake, I'll link to these two gems of a thread.  These threads also serve as an example of the random BS you make up and refuse to provide any proof of.
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1432919303/0
http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1429580541/0

« Last Edit: May 25th, 2016 at 3:26pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint