Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Update 31 Patch 1 is coming (Read 7546 times)
FlameDragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Update 31 Patch 1 is coming
May 18th, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
The DDO game worlds will be down for an update from 7:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, May 19th. Release notes will be available during the downtime. Thank you for your patience, and we will see you in the game. This is for Update 31 Patch 1.

IP Logged

FlameDragon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Update 31 Patch 1 is coming
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2016 at 9:58pm
Print Post  

Hope following Kensei enhancement change that Dev mentioned before will be included in Update 31 Patch 1...

There are several changes that will not be included when the update 31 goes live, but will be added in a future patch, coming soon.

These changes include:

Tier 4: Added the following 2 Enhancements
• Opportunity Attack: 2 Charges, Melee Attack: Deals +1/2/3[W] Damage. Your Melee Power is boosted by 10 for 6 seconds. Each time you damage an opponent, but no more than once per second, you have a 10% chance to add a charge up to a maximum of 2.
• Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion or drink, increases Positive Healing Amplification 50 for 30 seconds

Core Skills:
• Change Core Level 18 "One Cut" skill to the following: On Activate, Crit Multiplier Increase (Unique Bonus for 15 seconds, 60 second cooldown)

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2016 at 5:30am
Print Post  
FlameDragon wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
• Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion or drink, increases Positive Healing Amplification 50 for 30 seconds

This is so typical of their incompetent, sloppy, fucked up, absolute failure of communications.  "Potions or drink?"  Ok, fine.  We all know what a potion is, there are many items with the word potion in their names.  What the fuck is a 'drink?'  Why leave us guessing?

Elixir?  Flask? The things in the wiki list of Collectable Reward Potions such as Cryptmoss Infusion and Arrowmint Leaves and the like?  Yugo pots?  How about a Gloomy Potion of Restoration?  Or a Medium Experience Elixir?  What about a Starter Potion of Heal Light Wounds, or a Draught of Hearty Apple Cider, or a Cryptmoss Silk Sutures, or a Lily Extract, or a Vial of Dryad Tree Sap?

Because just saying 'drinks' leaves a lot of uncertainty on the table.

If it's just the things actually defined as 'drinks' (on the Wiki at least, but then the wiki does a lot better job of tracking categories than Turbine ever has) that you can buy in bars such as the Dirty Kobold, then why bother?  No one cares if they get +50 HAmp when they are already in a noncombat area drinking a mana drink.  Their HP will come back faster than their mana anyway.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2016 at 5:54am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 19th, 2016 at 6:42am
Print Post  

IP Logged

fr8o
Dragon Raider

Reply #4 - May 19th, 2016 at 6:46am
Print Post  
I swear they look at my calendar and see which night I might actually have time to play and schedule updates to overlap that.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2016 at 6:46am by fr8o »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2016 at 7:52am
Print Post  
Dibs at that fact that they wont be able to code potions and spells different for encha purpose and that it will work on "being healed" and will work with all positive based spells that have a healing portion as well.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2016 at 7:52am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 5:30am:
This is so typical of their incompetent, sloppy, fucked up, absolute failure of communications.  "Potions or drink?"  Ok, fine.  We all know what a potion is, there are many items with the word potion in their names.  What the fuck is a 'drink?'  Why leave us guessing?

Elixir?  Flask? The things in the wiki list of Collectable Reward Potions such as Cryptmoss Infusion and Arrowmint Leaves and the like?  Yugo pots?  How about a Gloomy Potion of Restoration?  Or a Medium Experience Elixir?  What about a Starter Potion of Heal Light Wounds, or a Draught of Hearty Apple Cider, or a Cryptmoss Silk Sutures, or a Lily Extract, or a Vial of Dryad Tree Sap?

Because just saying 'drinks' leaves a lot of uncertainty on the table.

If it's just the things actually defined as 'drinks' (on the Wiki at least, but then the wiki does a lot better job of tracking categories than Turbine ever has) that you can buy in bars such as the Dirty Kobold, then why bother?  No one cares if they get +50 HAmp when they are already in a noncombat area drinking a mana drink.  Their HP will come back faster than their mana anyway.

I would put my money on it being triggered by the drink animation, so weird shit like reincarnation timer bypasses will work, but non-guild remove curse pots will not.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:38am
Print Post  
I'm wondering if there's anything that doesn't have a cooldown that could work to trigger it. People have rightly pointed out that potions have a long enough cooldown as to make this a dps reduction but if there's something that qualifies as a 'drink' that can be hit without interrupting the attack sequence that could be handy.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 5:30am:

So how does it work ? You carry stacks of cheapest pots to drink right before Silver Flame or what ?
Sounds fun.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 19th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Usually the first potion is the one you need the most!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 19th, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:38am:
drink' that can be hit without interrupting the attack sequence that could be handy.

an arty throwing cure pots at you  Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 12:09pm:
an arty throwing cure pots at you  Grin

And as a bonus, if it's a pure Artie, almost no DPS will be lost from them being a dedicated potion thrower.    Grin

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #12 - May 19th, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
LOL.

I don't recall exactly, but I think someone might have mentioned that this whole "Hamp on Drink a Thing" would be a clusterfuck in another thread.

Probably someone brilliant and talented.*

Edited:
*No it wasn't, it was me.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2016 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 2:23pm:
I don't recall exactly, but I think someone might have mentioned that this whole "Hamp on Drink a Thing" would be a clusterfuck in another thread.

I'm pretty sure I said something to the effect that pausing DPS to drink a pot for the effect was a non-starter.

Did that stop the guy who wanted to put "Improved Fighter mechanics" on their resume, despite the fact that he hadn't?  No.  They fail at math, and that leads to other failures which math could have predicted for them.

A character standing at a practice kobold will never see this interruption in DPS.  So, all is well.
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2016 at 4:14pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Camaro1k95
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 19th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Has anyone tried drinks from the tavern?  For a few cp you could buy 1000 of them and hot-key it.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #15 - May 19th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Camaro1k95 wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 4:38pm:
Has anyone tried drinks from the tavern?  For a few cp you could buy 1000 of them and hot-key it.

Do tavern drinks work in non-tavern areas?

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - May 19th, 2016 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 5:44pm:
Do tavern drinks work in non-tavern areas?

I dont think they do. They also require you to stand still for several seconds to drink them.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Problem: Barbarians can heal themselves while fighters can't. Almost every class has a better option than "drink a potion". By "better", I mean faster.

Solution: Drink two potions!

Looks like the standard Turbine Fuck You.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 20th, 2016 at 4:58am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:57pm:
Problem: Barbarians can heal themselves while fighters can't. Almost every class has a better option than "drink a potion". By "better", I mean faster.

Solution: Drink two potions!

Looks like the standard Turbine Fuck You.

Yep.  Fighters are a little better, but still a stepchild.  No one who wants to deliver DPS will choose the class, and the people who don't choose the class will survive better as well.

It's a waste of development time to make changes like this that don't have a real impact on the status quo.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - May 20th, 2016 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 4:58am:
Yep.  Fighters are a little better, but still a stepchild.  No one who wants to deliver DPS will choose the class, and the people who don't choose the class will survive better as well.

It's a waste of development time to make changes like this that don't have a real impact on the status quo.

Wouldn't it have been great if they had an independent group of players who could provide honest feedback about this before it was developed or put live......

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 6:16am:
Wouldn't it have been great if they had an independent group of players who could provide honest feedback about this before it was developed or put live......

There was plenty of good feedback on the forums about this.

But the core problem is that they go these routes that are stupid in the first place.  It should be as simple as laying out a goal, and then spitballing until they arrive at a way to get there.
Goal:  Fighters need more DPS and self healing to be competitive with other melee classes

And they don't manage to arrive at a solution which actually satisfies the goal in all parts, those being 'more DPS', 'more self healing', and 'competitive with other melee classes.'  They improved dps and self healing, but they didn't make the class competitive.

And it seems as though either pride, stubbornness, or a lack of development hours to make changes prevents them from taking the feedback they get from the players.  It's like they have this free crowd-sourcing option for defraying their development costs available to them, and they refuse to use it.

« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 12:49pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - May 20th, 2016 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Blue bar or DIE.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #22 - May 20th, 2016 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 4:58am:

I find that 5 levels of fighter on a druid wolf build (9 druid, 6 ranger, 5 fighter) is actually much tougher than that 1 last level of druid. Stalwart Defender T5 is actually pretty neat, that +% HP is pretty great. I find that the defense from Stalwart Defender is pretty great compared to any other tree I could T5, even tempest.

Right now I have t5 in SD, a lot of points in tempest, hAMP and some STR from PDK, sneak dice from ranger's DWS, arrows from AA (in case I need arrows ever, 6 ranger gets multishot *shrug*), and idk where I put the rest. I feel pretty strong wearing absolute shit armor and mediocre gear, and can actually take hits at LE.

I agree fighters aren't the best right now, but in some builds, those extra feats can just turn into more natural fighting.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:30pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 2:33pm:
I find that 5 levels of fighter on a druid wolf build (9 druid, 6 ranger, 5 fighter) is actually much tougher than that 1 last level of druid.

I'm not really sure what "that 1 last level of druid" means when you're only talking about 9 druid levels, but whatever.

I'm looking at the test dummy work Rubbins did.  Which might would be a bit higher for Fighters with the u31.1 changes, but since fighters were at the bottom of the DPS list I don't think it was enough to allow them to compete.  A fighter should deliver higher DPS than a paladin to be even considered viable, given that the paladin is a whole lot harder to kill due to huge saving throws over the fighter and a lot of self healing.

As for multi-classing, the fighter is very viable.  But that's not the point of the class, or any other class.  I've run many builds with a few levels of fighter.  Even 1 fighter level gives you a feat, and if you're using a shield anyway 2 feats since tower proficiency.  Fighters have the fairly classic front loaded advantages of providing a lot of feats for a small dip, but then the advantages go away as the good feats are all taken and you get feats from leveling anyway as any class, and other classes also provide class feats or the equivalent.

But being a good dip class does not mean that the fighter is a good class.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #24 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:30pm:
But being a good dip class does not mean that the fighter is a good class.

Isn't that the premise that monks were proxy nerfed on? Look at all these dips, monk must be OP!

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint