Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic You should buy $100 worth of TP (Read 6289 times)
CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

You should buy $100 worth of TP
May 20th, 2016 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Zehnpae wants newbs to buy TP during the death throes of this game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ddo/comments/4k5jjy/double_bonus_points_may_20th_may_30...

My recommendation is the 100 dollar option. You can get away with the 60 dollar option but you'll have to wait for a 75% sale to get everything and those are pretty rare.
Wait for MoTU + Shadowfell to go on sale during the next Steam summer sale or Black Friday sale. That will net you another 4kish TP + a bunch of adventure packs.
Then you wait for the next 30% sale (or 75% if you went the cheaper route) and buy up every adventure pack.
You should have enough left over to buy some quality of life things or classes/races that you like as well. All for 90~130 dollars depending on how patient you are.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: You should buy $100 worth of TP
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2016 at 10:46am
Print Post  
I've been buying the $100 packs during TP sales Sad Just spent up the last of my triple bonus TP to buy a shard airship Tongue good timing on the sale, gotta refill.

I think I'm officially a whale.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2016 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Thanks for supporting the game!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 11:09am:
Thanks for supporting the game!

Hey, any time Tongue somebody has to keep buying legit raid bypass timers Cheesy

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - May 20th, 2016 at 11:30am
Print Post  
They have things backwards.  FIRST double points sale THEN Ottos boxes.  Not Ottos boxes then points.  Sigh...

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Holding out for triple bonus points.  I don't mind paying into a game that I play, even if it has a f2p aspect.  But I'm not buying until I know I'm getting the best value for my dollars.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #6 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 11:30am:
They have things backwards.  FIRST double points sale THEN Ottos boxes.  Not Ottos boxes then points.  Sigh...

I agree, poor marketing and business acumen.  I believe they would sell many more points if they had reversed it, thus more revenue.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Doodle wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 12:29pm:
I agree, poor marketing and business acumen.  I believe they would sell many more points if they had reversed it, thus more revenue. 

Run them at the same time for massive profit....

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:25pm
Print Post  

Ottos boxes will be on sale again in 2 week, if that. No need to time it. They're barely ever NOT available.

IP Logged

AnAlarmist
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Holding out for triple bonus points.  I don't mind paying into a game that I play, even if it has a f2p aspect.  But I'm not buying until I know I'm getting the best value for my dollars. 

How often do triple points come around?

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:42pm
Print Post  

Turbine...

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #11 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
By the time you reach 3x completionist, you will get sick of the game, get all packs, all classes and gain insight into every class for free.
I do get that support for games is great, i spent 150$ on a freaking mobile game just to unlock more pictures of animated girls, but turbines model is really the best one for f2p players.
I ltierally see no valid reason to spend any money on ddo outside of the initial "lets make my acc prem"

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #12 - May 20th, 2016 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
AnAlarmist wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 3:27pm:

It's only been done two or maybe three times ever. I suspect Frank will be waiting two years or so.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 3:57pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - May 20th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Print Post  

About once every 2 years. I think I've seen 3 since I started playing in 2010. They aren't even scheduled, each was at a different time of year.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:15pm
Print Post  

I've seen it twice over the past 2 years, and bought points the first time, grumbling to myself all the while about having recently bought some on a double points sale.  The second time I saw it I passed because I'd just bought all the upgrades on the 85% off sale and got a pile of TP with those.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #15 - May 21st, 2016 at 6:53am
Print Post  
There actually is a point in "unlocking" the game for ~ $100 instead of buying a sub for a year or so, which will cost you around the same amount, yet you will have nothing once it's expired (with the exemption of being able to open elite during the subscription).

I'd rather recommend to spend $20 or so and work my way upwards, unlocking packs consecutively with TP gained from TRing, that's more rewarding in my opinion. And getting the expansions when they're cheap for another 10 or 20 bucks, or even buying them with TP.

The aspect of supporting the game at the current state is double-edged, on the one hand sure most of us don't want the game to die too soon, but throwing money at the incompetent, arrogant dicks at turdbine for bringing more bugs and half-assed systems into the game with every update? hmm  Undecided

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #16 - May 21st, 2016 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 6:53am:
There actually is a point in "unlocking" the game for ~ $100 instead of buying a sub for a year or so, which will cost you around the same amount, yet you will have nothing once it's expired (with the exemption of being able to open elite during the subscription).

I'd rather recommend to spend $20 or so and work my way upwards, unlocking packs consecutively with TP gained from TRing, that's more rewarding in my opinion. And getting the expansions when they're cheap for another 10 or 20 bucks, or even buying them with TP.

The aspect of supporting the game at the current state is double-edged, on the one hand sure most of us don't want the game to die too soon, but throwing money at the incompetent, arrogant dicks at turdbine for bringing more bugs and half-assed systems into the game with every update? hmm  Undecided

never imagined you would become mature enough to make a post that was accurate, let alone agreeable. im proud of you bro.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Ottos' Boxes are on sale every six weeks.  It is the only thing that Turbine makes money with.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2016 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
They are so damn tempting those boxes.

Don't forget how all those free xp stones where introduced with MOTD to get us hooked!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2016 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Been having fun with the boxes Tongue Cuts just enough grind that when I just want "out" of a life I can usually get it. Also makes it easy to skip the parts of heroic that just make me sigh forlornly...

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #20 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 11:21am
Print Post  
i agree

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint