Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Farming Remnants in A Small Problem (Read 6098 times)
Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Farming Remnants in A Small Problem
May 27th, 2016 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
It doesn't seem like this is working. I got 2 chests and no coin drops after killing 16 champion water elementals. Chests dropped early, on champion #2 and #3. Am I doingitwrong?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Farming Remnants in A Small Problem
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:20am
Print Post  
Yes. You are farming remnants.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 12:20am:
Yes. You are farming remnants.

I'll accept that.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Running the 3 new quests on LE solo... I tend to get a lot of remnants. Maybe its my i-ma-na-ga-tation... but using those treasure hunter potions seems to keep me in the 16+ per get, so end up close to 200 per 3-quest run. occasional jumps in the 60s, and chests seem plentiful, even if the random drops are pure, unadulterated shit.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2016 at 12:59am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 12:41am:
using those treasure hunter potions seems to keep me in the 16+ per get

I don't think they claim that the treasure hunter pots impact anything other than the 'quality' of the randgen drops.

The treasure hunter pots are a funny critter, aren't they?  They use a different mechanic from jewels of fortune, boosting the roll for the randgen rather than the level. 

Frankly (if I may speak in the third person) this is what they should have done from the beginning.  Better loot you can use is a far superior mechanic than looting stuff you have to store for 2 levels before you hit the min level because your jewel of fortune pushed the drops up beyond your level.

Ah, Turbine.  Always around 2+ years behind the times when it comes to actually thinking about how stuff works and making it good for the players.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2016 at 1:27am
Print Post  
They heavily nerfed all the infinite farm points.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 28th, 2016 at 2:26am
Print Post  
The only spot I know that still infini-spawns unchanged is the optional Drow Ritual in the LOD chain.. but its not good for remnants  Undecided *sob*

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2016 at 3:13am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 2:26am:
The only spot I know that still infini-spawns unchanged is the optional Drow Ritual in the LOD chain.. but its not good for remnants  Undecided *sob*

The Bloody Crypt has infinite spawn in the final fight.  And the boss doesn't do much until you find his heart, so you can sit back and kill undead all day long if you like.

I'm pretty sure the spawns can be champs, but I won't swear to that as it's been a while since I've run that one.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2016 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:36pm:
It doesn't seem like this is working. I got 2 chests and no coin drops after killing 16 champion water elementals. Chests dropped early, on champion #2 and #3. Am I doingitwrong?

Probably a streak of bad luck? I've only farmed this once or twice, got around 20-30 chests, then brought a dualbox and pooled the remnants to the account that needed them.

This was a several months ago though.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2016 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Yeah I see a lot of clumpy chaos in this game. I'll try again when I get a chance, for science.

Does running overleveled still fuck with champion chest drops?

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2016 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 5:13am:
Does running overleveled still fuck with champion chest drops?

It decreases the chance of a chest appearing, but there should always be remnants in the chests.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2016 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:36pm:

What level is the quest and what level is your character?

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #12 - May 28th, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 4:34pm:
What level is the quest and what level is your character?

Base level of A Small Problem is 5/20. I was running HE with a level 6, as I believe that doesn't penalize chest drops.

This particular quest allows you to infinitely spawn a pair of orange name water elementals, with about a good chance of each being a champion. Each orange named champion should have about a 33% chance of dropping a chest.

Odds of not getting a chest on the last 12 champions were about .7% so it's possible without a nerf.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2016 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 8:12pm:
Base level of A Small Problem is 5/20. I was running HE with a level 6, as I believe that doesn't penalize chest drops.

This particular quest allows you to infinitely spawn a pair of orange name water elementals, with about a good chance of each being a champion. Each orange named champion should have about a 33% chance of dropping a chest.

Odds of not getting a chest on the last 12 champions were about .7% so it's possible without a nerf.

How often do they spawn? How many orange nameds can you get to spawn per minute?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 29th, 2016 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 28th, 2016 at 8:12pm:

Seriously, give Bloody Crypt a try.  It is infinite respawns and with a undead weapon you'll kill them just as fast as they respawn.  See if they spawn champs.

I'd try this, but I don't have a char in the level range.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #15 - May 30th, 2016 at 1:52am
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 12:54am:
How often do they spawn? How many orange nameds can you get to spawn per minute?

well "per minute" would depend on how quickly you can kill a pair of orange named water elementals and then click on the waterfall for 2 more. Certainly quite efficient with a group of rangeds standing on the bank and someone tough who just stands at the waterfall.

But that character is level 9 now and I don't have a lvl 20-21 for the epic version, so someone else will have to check to see if chest drops are nerfed.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #16 - May 30th, 2016 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 29th, 2016 at 5:15am:
Seriously, give Bloody Crypt a try.  It is infinite respawns and with a undead weapon you'll kill them just as fast as they respawn.  See if they spawn champs.

I'd try this, but I don't have a char in the level range.

Yeah I saw several champ chests and coins yesterday, on BCrypt. But it's the end quest for Necro1... can you repeat it without repeating the chain? It's kinda long.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 30th, 2016 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:01am:
Yeah I saw several champ chests and coins yesterday, on BCrypt. But it's the end quest for Necro1... can you repeat it without repeating the chain? It's kinda long.

I've never farmed the place.  But the wiki says:
Quote:
To rerun Bloody Crypt without doing all four flagging quests again, don't speak to Loremistress Jinna a second time after turning in Bloody Crypt. Instead, with Bloody Crypt showing as (Completed), open your quest log and abandon one of the flagging quests, usually Immortal Heart. Now go re-acquire the quest you just abandoned, run it, and turn it in so it shows as (Completed). Once done, go talk to Loremistress Jinna and choose to repeat Bloody Crypt. She'll even say that this won't reset the whole chain, so this is likely by design.

Also, Tomb of the Shadow King in necro 2 is infinite spawns.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2016 at 5:42am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #18 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 5:40am:

I could just imagine running around those circles with WoF or E. Aura+Eldritch Burst farming champs...

Looks kids! Big Ben! Parliament!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 5:40am:

Tried that a while back. It's not just location spawn but seems to also be timered so it sounds a lot better on paper than reality. Too damn slow imuo.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #20 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:24am
Print Post  
I still like heroic elite Devil Assault, first phase most. Got over 3k rems in under 3h this weekend. Also a couple. +8 / +9 ability items ML18 , and quite a lot of guild renown.

This was dual boxing and pooling rems from chests to one account. Around 3 minutes per run - my warlock mule has Resilience active, this increases the cooldown of dimension door to 180 seconds.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on May 30th, 2016 at 2:01am:

The re-spawns aren't orange named, just regular champs and they spawn fairly slow, at least you don't have to reflag for the quest unless you complete it  Wink

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #22 - Jun 11th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
i agree

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint