Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) 50% off on some classes/iconix (Read 18912 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

50% off on some classes/iconix
Jun 3rd, 2016 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Hmm. And I bought warlock like a couple of months ago on my alt at -35% dayum.

Anyway, if anyone interested, there is 50% off on:
All iconix but deep gnome (how conveniant) and
FVS, ART, DRD, WLK, MNK.

The wlk is a relatively good deal for newbies now that I think of it.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: 50% off on some classes/iconix
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 4:51am
Print Post  
You didn't mention this:

June 3rd - 9th
Astral Shards x10
Use Coupon Code SHARDS 1/Account

Suddenly, even my laziest mules have ASAH access,

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
I haven't ever looked into this or tried (never had the need), but is there a way to transfer shards from one character to another (legitimately)?  (without going through Shard AH)

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:22am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:19am:
I haven't ever looked into this or tried (never had the need), but is there a way to transfer shards from one character to another (legitimately)?  (without going through Shard AH)

No

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Going through the ASAH is legitimate.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:43am
Print Post  
So: roll account, claim shards, buy item for 10AS from main via ASAH, repeat?

I wonder if anyone can be arsed at this point in the game's life? Getting enough email addresses would probably be more trouble than the AS are worth.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:52am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:43am:
So: roll account, claim shards, buy item for 10AS from main via ASAH, repeat?

I wonder if anyone can be arsed at this point in the game's life? Getting enough email addresses would probably be more trouble than the AS are worth.

Well running grotto on new accounts is a tough sell for the 10 AS minus ASAH rape fee.

You don't need to use a real email address, there is no verification, just use different ones. Here is one for you: knnisafagg@yahoo.com

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Do you even have to run grotto? ASAH is accessible anywhere, as is store. Seems like you should be able to just step out of character creation and get 'er done.

platfarmchink wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:52am:
Here is one for you: knnisafagg@yahoo.com

I wonder if we all used variations on KNN and his rampant dick-sucking if turbine would even notice?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #8 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
You can't use the ASAH on a free account.  Have to be sub or premium.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Starkjade wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 11:10am:
You can't use the ASAH on a free account.  Have to be sub or premium.

Well tie me kangaroo down, sport

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 4:10am:
Hmm. And I bought warlock like a couple of months ago on my alt at -35% dayum.

Anyway, if anyone interested, there is 50% off on:
All iconix but deep gnome (how conveniant) and
FVS, ART, DRD, WLK, MNK.

The wlk is a relatively good deal for newbies now that I think of it.

The problem being that anyone who already has access to those classes/races via a vip subscription can't see them in the store to buy them.

So if you have a vip sub and bought the expansion for access to the iconics, you can see bladeforged.  And drow, fvs, and arti, because apparently they can turn off seeing things you have access to via a vip sub, but they can't turn off seeing things you already earned via favor.

The account will never lose access to drow/fvs/arti on a given server and so will never need to consider buying them, but a vip might want to buy races and classes that come with a vip sub they don't plan on renewing.  They really are incompetent both coming and going, aren't they? 

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 12:09pm:
They really are incompetent both coming and going, aren't they? 

Hey, if you gotta be a fuckup, you might as well fuck all the way up.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #12 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The problem being that anyone who already has access to those classes/races via a vip subscription can't see them in the store to buy them.

So if you have a vip sub and bought the expansion for access to the iconics, you can see bladeforged.  And drow, fvs, and arti, because apparently they can turn off seeing things you have access to via a vip sub, but they can't turn off seeing things you already earned via favor.

The account will never lose access to drow/fvs/arti on a given server and so will never need to consider buying them, but a vip might want to buy races and classes that come with a vip sub they don't plan on renewing.  They really are incompetent both coming and going, aren't they? 

Because favor access is not for all servers while VIP and store purchases are.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 3:03pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:24pm:

That may be true, but realistically, how many people play on more than one server?It never made a lot of sense to me. Especially when things like shared bank make keeping your alts all in one place much more useful.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 1:24pm:

"The account will never lose access to drow/fvs/arti on a given server and so will never need to consider buying them"

I love it when someone thinks they are making a point by saying exactly what I said.  Or maybe it's not love at all.  You could have just as well have posted "+1!" and I'd have understood just as well that you had nothing new to add to the conversation.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
It shows it do you can buy it for all the other servers before they merge them.  Maybe I misread your confusion up there, I was attempting to finish off a bottle of that honey flavoured jack daniels.  Was tired of looking at it with like 11 shots in the bottle that nobody eould drink.  Does cook up nice in a pecan pie though.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #17 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 7:29pm:
I was attempting to finish off a bottle of that honey flavoured jack daniels.  Was tired of looking at it

The trick to getting rid of the honey flavored booze is to start with something you like (Bulleit Rye, for example), but not enough of it to make you pass out.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #18 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
It shows it do you can buy it for all the other servers before they merge them.  Maybe I misread your confusion up there, I was attempting to finish off a bottle of that honey flavoured jack daniels.  Was tired of looking at it with like 11 shots in the bottle that nobody eould drink.  Does cook up nice in a pecan pie though.

You said something stupid, just own it. 'Der whiskee mad me due rit

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Maybe I misread your confusion up there, I was attempting to finish off a bottle of that honey flavoured jack daniels.  Was tired of looking at it with like 11 shots in the bottle that nobody eould drink.  Does cook up nice in a pecan pie though.

My confusion?  You're the one who bought something labeled Jack Daniels.  And also honey flavored.

Drink single malt scotch like a man.  Or a real bourbon, such as Knob Creek.  Fun fact:  Knob Creek is owned by Jim Beam, another abomination posing as bourbon.  The massive consolidation of distilleries over the past couple decades means that most everything is made by just a small handful of companies, whether it is good or utter crap.  And the Japanese in particular have a hunger for scotch distilleries that knows no bounds.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #20 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 3rd, 2016 at 10:15pm:
My confusion?  You're the one who bought something labeled Jack Daniels.  And also honey flavored.

Drink single malt scotch like a man.  Or a real bourbon, such as Knob Creek.  Fun fact:  Knob Creek is owned by Jim Beam, another abomination posing as bourbon.  The massive consolidation of distilleries over the past couple decades means that most everything is made by just a small handful of companies, whether it is good or utter crap.  And the Japanese in particular have a hunger for scotch distilleries that knows no bounds.

I agree, unfortunately it was abandoned at a tailgating shindig.  Can't let alcohol go to waste.  I actually do prefer glenkinche lowland scotch.  They have a double aged bottle that I wish we could import.  I think the second aging is in an amontillado cask.  Bourbon in general gives me bad hangovers.
Edit: I make mitsakes often, like a barb16/rogue4 build, or taking the wife to Kazakhstan for holiday, or arguing on the vault.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2016 at 8:47am by Toke »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #21 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 9:21am
Print Post  

Well, what makes you think they made it like this as a fuckup and not as an intentional move. This pretty much creates a dilemma for vips, being unable to "preemptively" buy stuff, then go f2p.

Remember turbine may be dumb and retarded but they always find a way to make someone pay with real $$$.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #22 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
incompetence is one of turbines best scapegoats and its constantly heralded as an insult when its really the wool

>servers lag due to incompetence
>no more phone service due to incompetence
>commercial policies derived from incompetence
>bugs due to incompetence

sure it sounds bad, but much worse if you replace "incompetence" with "company directive"

and you know that is the reality of the situation. anyone who honestly believes otherwise is a fool. Everything that has ever sucked in this game was green lighted. there are no accidents, only acceptable losses.

shouting incompetence is basically no different than defending turbine.

too long didnt read: yes, exempting a portion of your clients from a sale is INCOMPETENCE and not STRATEGY- you are correct again, internet

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 9:52am:
incompetence is one of turbines best scapegoats and its constantly heralded as an insult when its really the wool

>servers lag due to incompetence
>no more phone service due to incompetence
>commercial policies derived from incompetence
>bugs due to incompetence

sure it sounds bad, but much worse if you replace "incompetence" with "company directive"

and you know that is the reality of the situation. anyone who honestly believes otherwise is a fool. Everything that has ever sucked in this game was green lighted. there are no accidents, only acceptable losses.

shouting incompetence is basically no different than defending turbine.

too long didnt read: yes, exempting a portion of your clients from a sale is INCOMPETENCE and not STRATEGY- you are correct again, internet

Incompetence and "company directive" are far from mutually exclusive.  In Turbine's case, they not only coexist, they drive each other.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jun 4th, 2016 at 9:21am:
Well, what makes you think they made it like this as a fuckup and not as an intentional move. This pretty much creates a dilemma for vips, being unable to "preemptively" buy stuff, then go f2p.

Remember turbine may be dumb and retarded but they always find a way to make someone pay with real $$$.

Jerry has said that it's an issue they recognize and are working with the new(ish) vendor to fix it.

Also, if I wait for my vip sub to expire and then wait to buy races/classes on discount it's a very minor inconvenience.  I'm not going to rush to buy something from them just because I lose access to it.  I'm going to buy then when it makes sense for me.  Since I've bought the expansions I have access to all the iconics.  Gnome/DG have no appeal for me, and I've earned access to all the restricted classes via favor that can be done.  I think I got a few other races/classes when they were selling packs at 85% off and you got a pile of TP with them, but I'd need to check to remind myself what those were.

Bottom line:  If they are trying to be clever by preventing me from buying stuff just because I already have access to it via vip, they are not clever enough by half.  Every (successful) company in the world understands that money now is better than money maybe later.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2016 at 7:21pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint