Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dear Fran (Read 35750 times)
FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Re: Dear Fran
Reply #50 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Astraghal wrote on Jun 15th, 2016 at 2:57pm:
Derp! Cheesy

Thanks.

I don't recognise those from when I played in 2010-2013.

That might be because none of them existed in 2010-2012. I did have characters on Khyber in 2010-2012 but they were all either deleted or transferred at a point when I was trying to consolidate servers - Then I created more.

Anaqin {who's now second life} is the oldest of my current characters on Khyber followed by Tannadice {still 1st life} and Tynecastle {2nd life}.
Goodison was #4 on Khyber and was created I'd guess in early 2014.
Xenyr {2nd Life} and Yllyria were transferred characters off other servers in 2014.
Athenion was created a few months after Shadar-Kai was released.

Considering it's reputation I've found Khyber to be pretty easy-going and relaxed - It's a server I enjoy playing on but I don't get much opportunity to do so considering I have far more characters on both Cannith and Sarlona.

Argo, Ghallanda and Wayfinder I keep characters there strictly to help a friend. {he plays very rarely these days unfortunately}.

The other 2 servers I basically keep characters on just to have a character on each server - I've transferred characters off them before but always end up creating another.
If it wasn't for my Guild Threads and lack of money for transfers I'd leave Thelanis and Orien tomorrow.

I once had a few characters on Thelanis but found it easily the worst Server and transferred Lieuk at Lvl 18 I believe, Athiina at lvl 16 I believe and Corelliia at Lvl 13 I believe to Cannith and Sarlona.

Orien apart from one Uber gimped Morninglord Sorc who started at 15 and took 18 months or more to get to 20, I've never got past Lvl 8 on. {Athenamarie was transferred to Sarlona at lvl 8}.

I've now had at least one lvl 20+ character on every server bar Thelanis where Lieuk was my highest at 18.

I've TRd many multiple characters {2 5 times} on Cannith, 6 characters {2 twice} on Sarlona, 3 characters {one of them was already Lvl 18 when I transferred him off Wayfinder} on Khyber and two {one was transferred to Sarlona after TRing - I lost my entire TR Cache incl. Greensteel doing so} on Argo.

One of my biggest problems with DDO is that I'm not playing catch up on one, two or even a handful of characters but on all 50+!
I consider every single one of them to be active, even those I haven't played in Months.

I have given up on some of them in the past:
Allanaira of Cannith {a Sorc} was deleted on her second life.
I had a Halfling Druid also on Cannith I deleted at Lvl 16.
The first Character I gave up on and deleted was also a Sorc {the original Celeia before I recreated her as an Arti} barely got to Lvl 10}.
And there have been others too.
And I'm sure I'll give up on more in future but I always end up replacing them with yet another new toon!

My worst Classes to Play:

1) Druid {If I have a Druid in future it will be strictly for the Past Life!}.
2) Sorc {I do have 1 Sorc but she's completely gimped and the only reason she wasn't deleted long ago is she was my only character on Orien.}
3) Wizard {I currently have 1 Bladeforged EK who may be a Sorc on Sarlona who's earned exactly two levels since he was created when Bladeforged came out and a Svirfneblin Archmage who I created and have never actually played on Sarlona - Every other Wizard I've ever created got deleted or TRd into something else!}.

Favourite Classes:

1) Rogue Mechanic - I've always liked them even when they were supposedly gimp and have never played an Assassin {I have a couple of characters who I've tried to play as Assassin but they always end up as Mechs.}.

2) Paladin - Again I played Pallies even when they were gimp.
Nowadays they're a lot more fun but my first ever character to Lvl 20 was a Pure Hunter of the Dead Paladin with the old Enhancements!

3) Fey ES Warlock - You knew this was coming - They're just so easy to play!

I'd love to put Cleric on the list {my second character to 20, only character to run 20+ Shrouds and first to 25 was a 17/3 Battle Cleric} BUT they're just so gimped now it's unbelievable!
Even as gimped as they are I still enjoy playing Clerics far more than Druid, Sorc or Wiz though.

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #51 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Has anyone ever told you that you're fucking hilarious?

IP Logged

TheFifthSock
Dragon Raider

Reply #52 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:08am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:19am:
Has anyone ever told you that you're fucking hilarious?

So,  the village idiot decides to speak again.

You could learn a lot from Fran when it comes to trolling.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #53 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
TheFifthSock wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:08am:
So,  our digital ruler decides to speak again.

FITFYYGDMFNLCSPBFF

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Fran has caused 2 active threads with multiple pages in the past 2 weeks.  That's more than anything related to game content has done in two years (except for exploits).  Congrats.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #55 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:51am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:11am:
That might be because none of them existed in 2010-2012. I did have characters on Khyber in 2010-2012 but they were all either deleted or transferred at a point when I was trying to consolidate servers - Then I created more.

You're like a fast food burger joint that has a low sales problem and thinks it is because people don't like burgers instead of realizing it's because their burgers are made from the lowest quality meat possible.

Instead of fixing the quality, they add low quality tacos, burritos, fried chicken, subs, fried rice, pizza, salads, pasta, soup, seafood, pancakes, and steak to their menu and are shocked when it still doesn't increase their long-term sales.

Jack of some trades, master of absolutely none.

P.S.  Donuts would have fixed their sales problem.
« Last Edit: Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:53am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #56 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:51am:

Donuts and boobs can solve all problems.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:15am
Print Post  
I'd love to put Cleric on the list {my second character to 20, only character to run 20+ Shrouds and first to 25 was a 17/3 Battle Cleric} BUT they're just so gimped now it's unbelievable!
Even as gimped as they are I still enjoy playing Clerics far more than Druid, Sorc or Wiz though.

While they are gimped {but the divine class pass coming in 2021 will FIX that!!!!!} it is you who are gimping your clerics more than the simple mechanics!!!  Stop building for turning undead!!  Start building for melee {try a multi with 6 levels of paladin, for example} and you can still solo {some} EE content {if you know how to play}!!!!!

It won't be fast {but then you don't seem like a zerger anyway}, but it takes special skills to actually die {you can manage it if you try}!!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 10:51am:
You're like a fast food burger joint that has a low sales problem and thinks it is because people don't like burgers instead of realizing it's because their burgers are made from the lowest quality meat possible.

Instead of fixing the quality, they add low quality tacos, burritos, fried chicken, subs, fried rice, pizza, salads, pasta, soup, seafood, pancakes, and steak to their menu and are shocked when it still doesn't increase their long-term sales.

Jack of some trades, master of absolutely none.

LOL! I actually laughed out loud at this. Thanks for making my "Friday"!

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #59 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I dont know Fran, but I like Fran. Good job Fran.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #60 - Jun 16th, 2016 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Fran is love, Fran is life!

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Fran is tard

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:53am
Print Post  
One of my biggest problems with DDO is that I'm not playing catch up on one, two or even a handful of characters but on all 50+!
I consider every single one of them to be active, even those I haven't played in Months.

here it is... the clue that tells us that some type of disorder is in play.

50+ toons across all servers means there is no way for him to actually learn the ins-and-outs of each class to be proficient with playing them.

Which means there is no way for him to know the mechanics of the games to offer valid opinions on the DDO forums, yet he spouts his opinions as if they are the be-all-end-all truth about each class.

Also with that many characters across all the servers it also means he is likely under-geared on all those toons.

So, either some type of mental/psychological disorder or just the best troll ever for DDO forums.

And I'm not making fun of a mental disorder here... just trying to finally understand how someone can play the game as long as Fran has and still  not understand any of the basic concepts of it.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #63 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:59am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:53am:
So, either some type of mental/psychological disorder or just the best troll ever for DDO forums.

>implying the two explanations are mutually exclusive.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
... just trying to finally understand how someone can play the game as long as Fran has and still  not understand any of the basic concepts of it.

There is a big difference between playing a game and learning about it.   The former can be relatively mindless, especially in a game that's been dumbed down as much as DDO has.  The latter requires focus which Fran seems to be severely lacking in.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #65 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
50+ toons across all servers means there is no way for him to actually learn the ins-and-outs of each class to be proficient with playing them.

Which means there is no way for him to know the mechanics of the games to offer valid opinions on the DDO forums, yet he spouts his opinions as if they are the be-all-end-all truth about each class.

Also with that many characters across all the servers it also means he is likely under-geared on all those toons.

50+ Characters across multiple servers, many of them 2nd lifers and 11 Multi-Lifers means I've played almost every single class in multiple different ways!

No I haven't played a Tree Build
No I haven't played a Wolf Build {I did attempt this but hated it from the get go - Animal Form is not for me}.
And my one Actual Druid {Halfling so not an Iconic and 1st Life so not just for a past life} got deleted at Lvl 16 or 17.

And if Gear is the real issue here then yes I am undergeared - Severely so in many cases. But I personally feel that the Devs have allowed gear to play way too big a role in comparison to Class, Build etc. in making a character - It's getting to the point now where a perfect gear set-up is almost impossible to reach {note I say almost} and with the need to ER and/or TR/IR many times I can't concentrate on gearing up - There's no room to put it all when I'm not using it.

No I don't have multiple mules each dedicated to carrying only certain items.
No I don't use the AH and Mailbox as extra storage capacity.
Yes I do have multiple {many of them probably not that great} items clogging up the Officer Chests on my Guild Ship that I may never use.
I also try to pass gear to alternate characters that will use it when I find it {sometimes that means that the perfect item for one character is on another and I have so many characters it would be a real pain to go searching for it.}.

Now with the right gear some of you could probably take a 10 Int, 6 Con Drow Archmage and make it viable for end-game content.
That doesn't make that a good build {and I fully agree that Turn Specced Cleric is also not a "good" build currently - I reserve the right however to do my best to make one that's viable.}.
AND:
It also doesn't mean that Wizard, Sorc, Pure Druid, FavSoul, Cleric, Monk or Arti are in any way comparable to Rogue Mech, Warlock, Paladin, Barbarian or Bard! {I haven't tried out the new Ranger or Kensai Enhancements yet so don't know where those classes are now on the scale. From what I've heard Tempest may be slightly better DPS than Pally or Barb but Defense wise doesn't come close to them, chances are Kensai will have similar issues.}.

I always state I don't play End-Game content {I have played most of it now but only a handful of times at best so no it's not my forte.} and that my characters are in general when they reach Lvl 30 still not capable in high level EEs and especially not in LE - My Warlock can probably solo LH in certain Leg Quests.

But differences in knowledge and experience does not = No knowledge or experience!
I speak for the many who haven't got maxed out characters - My voice has as much right to be heard as yours!

As for Trolling - I don't think any of you know what the word means!
I don't make Personal Attacks, I don't call people names, I don't post blatantly against my own known opinions, When I do have to take back something I've said in the past I am happy to do so
I've argued many times against catering strictly for the Elite but also believe that the Devs could help out a lot with a proper Extreme, Mythic, Reaper or whatever they want to call it mode for those Players - These aren't mutually exclusive subjects as having an Uber setting strictly for the top 10% would allow the Devs to cater the rest of the game to everyone else, 4 settings, one of them being basically useless as is leaves too wide a gap between and IN each - 2 players on EE can be at vastly different skill and knowledge levels yet both can complete.

An Uber setting above Elite for strictly the top 10% would allow for:
Elite to cater for the next 25%
Hard to cater for 30%
Normal for 25%
and Casual for the 10% who probably will have already quit the game by Lvl 3 anyway!

Obviously at different levels more people will fit certain categories.
At level 1 many more than 35% are capable of Elite right now! {it's probably more like 75%}.
At level 30 I'd say 10% is probably a high estimate for those actually "capable" in LE {Most people running LE are only barely getting through it.}.

One specific problem right now with difficulty is Epic Level Ranges.
Allowing Lvl 20s to enter LEs is just plain DUMB!
It means you can't make those LEs difficult enough for the top 10% once they're at Lvl 30 and fully geared up - It becomes a joke for them!
The Destiny system and allowing Lvl 30s to run with Lvl 20s in Epic Normal VoN 3 for all that XP is equally DUMB! {Yes it gives players more people to run with but again forces the Devs to make newer low level epic quests like Storm the Beaches more difficult to cater for those stronger characters!}.
A Base Lvl 21 Quest on EE should not be of any trouble to a Lvl 30 Character yet for many it is still too difficult.
While a Base Lvl 27 Quest on EE should be murderous to a Lvl 21 Character never mind whether he's in full Destiny yet many breeze through EE Storm Horns at that Level!

Higher Level Epic Quests should also be worth more XP {No I'm not advocating a Nerf to VoN 3 or Spies or even Wiz King this time!}, Getting 50-60k for an EE Good Intentions or Archon's Trial or Inferno is a kick in the teeth when you get 90k+ for strolling through EN VoN 3!

Any quest of Base Lvl 27 or higher should give at least 100k for an EE Completion! {Still VoN 3 would be far better xp/min than most but at least it wouldn't feel so much like a kick in the teeth!}.
And giving out 250k+ per EE Completion of Demon Assault would be silly!

Many of the lower level Epic Quests and certainly the Lvl 17-19 Heroic Quests should have their Base XP upped on Elite to make them more likely to be run - They don't have to give VoN 3 levels but Tharashk Arena giving 20k with a Pot on first run of the day EE is Ludicrous and makes it a complete waste of time when you've probably already got the Favour and BB completion from Heroic!

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:37pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #66 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
The effort you put into your persona is impressive.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #67 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:33pm:
As for Trolling - I don't think any of you know what the word means!

You are right. Many of us think of trolling the way we think of an old tabletop campaign where characters might reach level 8 by the end of a campaign which takes multiple gaming nights. You have maxed out your Epic Destiny in trolling. You operate on another level that most people have yet to imagine. Most imagine 1d6 flaming attacks. Your abilities scale with 200% Troll Power.

-or-

You are genuinely, profoundly devoid of self-awareness; truly incapable of improving yourself or being the agent your own change. Your 50 characters are the digital equivalent of a massive beenie baby collection and you are the child who buries himself in the pile for emotional security.

I can't tell which of these you are, but in the end there is no functional difference.

On one hand we are the idiots because we are either taking the trollbait or explaining to a cognitively impaired child that his grey giraffe is actually an elephant. The child will only retreat further into a reality filled with grey giraffes (or turn spec'd clerics).

On the other hand, some effort has to be made because of the volume of stultiloquence you bring to the main forums. It's a perfect environment because you are protected from anyone who attempts to point out that you are deranged. It's the dark side of a utopian society that anyone can walk around playing a tambourine without getting punched in the face.

I know you're in there somewhere...

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #68 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
some effort has to be made because of the volume of stultiloquence you bring to the main forums

Nah.

Code
Select All
var ignored = /Faggots R Dead|Dispel|yabber|keyfaker of orien|FranOhmsford|fuckuppl|LagMonsterrrrrr/; 

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But differences in knowledge and experience does not = No knowledge or experience!
I speak for the many who haven't got maxed out characters - My voice has as much right to be heard as yours!

There's a difference between people who haven't min-maxed, but who actually want to improve their characters and the ability to play and understand the game, and YOU. 

YOU want to play flavor-build characters, and never really learn the ins-and-outs of the game.   You said on here that enhancements and destiny feats continue to confuse the heck out of you.   You won't try something to see how it actually works (which I can't understand when you have 50 characters out there).   You just throw up your hands and give up trying to make a character that can survive good content.

Then you take all the mess above, but spout your opinions on the DDO boards like you are the speaker of the masses who are all just like you.

But there aren't that many like you.  No one else plays the game like you.   95% of the people actually want to improve their situation and their characters.  You just want to wallow in your self-imposed ignorance and pretend to be a great speaker for the poor masses out there that the Turbine is not catering to.

You've been catered to.   Heroic Elite today is what used to be Normal when the game came out.  Normal and Hard in both Heroic and Epics and Legendary is a joke.

Elite in heroic is a joke as well.  Epic Elite isn't much better... tough to solo on wrong build, but six average builds can make it through without a designated healer.

If you have played the game for as long as you have and you still can't make heads or tails of anything and the game constantly kills you, that is not the fault of the game.  That is your own shortcomings in not being able to learn and/or adapt.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #70 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
(Combat): You hit a Wall of Words.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #71 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:33pm:
One specific problem right now with difficulty is Epic Level Ranges.
Allowing Lvl 20s to enter LEs is just plain DUMB!
It means you can't make those LEs difficult enough for the top 10% once they're at Lvl 30 and fully geared up - It becomes a joke for them!
The Destiny system and allowing Lvl 30s to run with Lvl 20s in Epic Normal VoN 3 for all that XP is equally DUMB! {Yes it gives players more people to run with but again forces the Devs to make newer low level epic quests like Storm the Beaches more difficult to cater for those stronger characters!}.
A Base Lvl 21 Quest on EE should not be of any trouble to a Lvl 30 Character yet for many it is still too difficult.

I could care less that you 50 toons vs 1 or 2 and have no toons with completionist or a bunch of ePL's and your gear is probably not "optimal" or that you like non-ooptimal builds like turn specced clerics.  Play what you like and enjoy the game.

That said,

It is not dumb to allow level 20s to enter LE content.  It WOULD be dumb to set the difficulty such that they can be successful.  Let them go in and get their ass handed to them, if they want.  If level 20's can complete LE's with any regularity or outside the top 1% on the server, then you have a difficulty problem.  ramp it up.  But if the 20's want to come in and get pwn'd, who cares.

It is not dumb to allow 30's and 20's to group together and get full XP.  there are enough things that limit grouping as is.  Let them run together.  We don't need to divide the player base any more than it already is.

A level 21 EE quest should be challenging for a typical player of any level.  Even level 30.  It's Elite FFS.  Elite should be really tough.  Right now most of the top 5% on each server will not find EE level 21's challenging to solo.  The other 95% will.  This is fine.  Right now, the top 50% will not find EE Level 21's challenging in a full party of level 30's.  This is also fine.  If anything EE should be harder than it is now.  Not easier.  You can choose to not acquire gear and not acquire past lives and not optimize your builds.  That's how you enjoy playing, fine. But Turbine should not make EE or LE something that you can run easily if you make those choices.  Otherwise, the game will be ROFL-Stomp easy for those who do focus on gear, and min/max, and PL's on a single character.

You shouldn't get to run 50+ alts and only make characters that utilize 70% of the available power options and yet run the EE and LE content with ease.  If that were the case, there is no point in character progression at all beyond the first life or two.  That kills the long term value of any grind.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #72 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:37pm:
You've been catered to.   Heroic Elite today is what used to be Normal when the game came out.  Normal and Hard in both Heroic and Epics and Legendary is a joke.

Elite in heroic is a joke as well.  Epic Elite isn't much better... tough to solo on wrong build, but six average builds can make it through without a designated healer.

Lol - I've been in groups that barely made it through EH {and I've been the last to die too so no it wasn't because I'm so bad - There are plenty of players actually playing the game at my level AND below!}.

There's a vast difference between you and the average DDO Player - You're just too stuck in your own Elitist Mindset to realise it!

Thanks mainly to Champions but also to other reasons too Hard and Elite are much tougher today than they were back in 2010.

And back in 2010 people were still running mainly Elite - The reason Elite is the main difficulty has absolutely fuck all to do with it being made easier to supposedly cater to anyone {in fact the opposite has happened and it's been made significantly harder....especially in newer quests!}, it's because the Player Base simply refused to run any other difficulty!

The reason for the Player Base's refusal to run other difficulties is threefold:

1) Favour!
The Devs made a rod for their own backs here - Tying Favour Rewards {inc. TP} to Elite in the first place!
Players were expressly told that they were basically expected to run Elite rather than Elite being kept only for those capable of running it!

2) Loot!
In the main Turbine have been pretty good with Loot being available to those running Normal and Hard too but the problem here is that in places where you do have to run Elite to have any real chance to get the Loot you want well if you're already capable of Elite you don't need that Loot!

Elite should have had other Rewards not tied to Character Power because then we get into the ludicrous situation we're in where Elite is giving out Loot that basically makes it a Cakewalk once got.
Then you get people asking for a new higher difficulty but they want better Loot to go with it - LUDICROUS!

There's far more Loot today than there was when this game came out - The difficulties have not got any easier but the availability of better gear has gone way up!
Meanwhile some Loot is now as rare as Hen's Teeth so it isn't all one way here either.

A Newbie today can pull a Vorpal at Lvl 3 but can't find a Ghost Touch weapon to save their Lives unless they own Catacombs and defeat the End-Boss {a Wraith} without one!

And that same Newbie has no choice but to use The piece of shit Club of the Silver Flame in Delera's even if he's a fully X-Bow Specced Arti or a now uncentered Monk cos Pure Good doesn't appear on RNG anymore and Holy no longer breaks their DR!

3) XP - The Devs tried to fix this in Epics but as usual went way way too far in the opposite direction!
BB was a massive mistake!
EN VoN 3, Spies, WK etc. was if anything an even bigger mistake!
Not that those quests {well apart from WK} give out too much XP, I'd say that VoN 3 and Spies are just about right now.
But that so many other Higher Level Epic Quests, Most Heroic Lvl 17-19 Quests on Elite and literally every Epic Elite Quest outside of the big XP dailies gives out too LITTLE!

Yet the Devs simply refuse to fix the XP in these other quests - 50k per quest in E-Orchard on EE is just a joke!
16k for EN Snitch, 24k for EH and 30k for EE - Do the Devs not want us running this quest?

At Lvl 20 we need 600,000 XP to hit 21 yet E-BB IQ and DD give like 15-20k each, High Road, Storm Horns and Amrath about 30k each on average {yes I know What Goes Up gives a lot more}.
The Quest per Level Ratio is massively off!
So people just run EN VoN 3, Spies etc. because they're so much easier when you can get Lvl 30s to join you!

Lvl 17 is in an even worse spot because everyone and his dog knows not to take 19 till they're ready to take 20!
So Lvl 17 Quests simply don't get run!

I ran Heroic Elite ToEE last night on my Lvl 30 Pure H-Orc Barb and guess what it was easy!
It's not easy at Level though and not even on a Warlock could I guarantee surviving Pt 2 at Level.
Sometimes we make our own difficulty!

If EN is too easy, DON'T run it!
You have that choice!

There is no choice when a difficulty is too Hard however!

I'm just hitting the point now where on some Characters I do have a choice whether to run EE or not.
On some characters I'm willing to give it a go, on others no.

I ran LH Shroud the other day on my Pure Warlock - Died 7 times {unfortunately the most in the group though I think only by one death}.
Yesterday I ran it again, this time on a far weaker character - my Lvl 30 Int Based Picklock {18 Warlock/2 Rogue} and died one less time but did far less damage and frankly may have helped the party more if I'd just piked the entire raid.
In the meantime....In that second run I saw a Legend Monk hit 7 deaths by Pt 3, complain multiple times that he/she wasn't capable while the Leader and others in group were like "it's fine, no worries" and then Rage Quit {in Pt 3}.
Again - There's players actually in-game, plenty of them, at my level and below.
AND The only reason I even joined those Groups in the first place either time was because I was asked to!

I then chose to run EH/EN Two Toed Toby even though I was after Jibbers Blade on my "Picklock" because I didn't consider him EE capable Solo even though he's Lvl 30 and because I wasn't willing to wait who knows how long for an EE group that could have just as easily ended up with a couple of people expecting me to be able to do all the work as with an uber who could clear the entire quest for me or somewhere in between.
EH wasn't too difficult but difficult enough that I know I wouldn't have got through EE on that Character Solo.

If I'm not capable of soloing a Quest on EE there's no way I'm putting up an LFM for it unless there's already at least one other person in Group, Same goes for higher Level EHs and LHs.

I wouldn't want to join a Group where the Leader was looking to be carried so why should I expect others to carry
me as the Leader of a Group?

This was actually a big problem for me when BB first came out because at that point I was not capable of soloing Elites even in Heroic at BB level {most Heroic Elites I'd run 2,3 or sometimes even more levels above}.
My Epic Characters were also incapable of Soloing EN at that time - I had to run E-Tharashk on E-Casual a couple of times!
But it didn't take me long to LEARN to Solo pretty much any Heroic below Lvl 16 on Elite BB and all ENs.
Because I had NO CHOICE - If I couldn't solo the Quest and couldn't guarantee anyone would join my Group I had to learn to Solo it!
Getting to the end fight of a quest that I know I could fail in said end-fight with an LFM still up is still annoying!

So most of the time I avoid EEs and a lot of the time I stick to EN.
Someday I'll get there and EN will be a relic of the past but something tells me that won't happen while EN is the Default difficulty that everyone runs on!

To cut a very long story short:
It's the Player Base that decides what difficulty becomes the Norm and not the Devs!

Elite was ALREADY the Norm when I started back in 2010!
The ONLY thing that has changed that is the change to XP ransack when Epics came about and the ability to run ENs daily for huge and easy XP!
On Heroic Elite is STILL the Norm!
On Epic it's EN.

The Devs may as well just get rid of Casual entirely now {maybe leave it in for Lvls 1-4}.
And on Epics I think EN needs Champions - There's still too big a difference between EN and EH.
Players going into Epics should certainly be used to Champions by this point.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #73 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 5:02pm:
It is not dumb to allow 30's and 20's to group together and get full XP.

Oh, the correctnesses.

Also, these Walls of Words are getting out of hand.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #74 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
stultiloquence

Smiley

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint