Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Dear Fran (Read 35791 times)
Astraghal
Abbot Raider

Re: Dear Fran
Reply #75 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:11am:
wall of tex

Hi Fran.

Do you still play on Khyber?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 9:14am:
FITFYYGDMFNLCSPBFF

fixed it for you, you god damned nigger loving, cock swallowing, penis breath, fucking faggot?
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:40pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 16th, 2016 at 8:11am:
I'd leave Orien tomorrow.

will pay you to leave and never ever come back

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #78 - Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 9:40pm:
fixed it for you, you god damned nigger loving, cock swallowing, penis breath, fucking faggot?

The close is evident, however, the cigar is lacking.

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:14am
Print Post  
fixed it for you, you god damned mother fucking nigger loving, cock swallowing, penis breath, fucking faggot?

missed one

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #80 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
LordHumungus wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 12:14am:
missed one

Warmer.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 2:40am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 17th, 2016 at 12:33pm:
I fully agree that Turn Specced Cleric is also not a "good" build currently - I reserve the right however to do my best to make one that's viable.

Now, see, when you lie to us you make us sad.  You don't 'do your best' to make that lame build viable.  You in fact pile on crappy decision after crappy decision.
1) Be a Sun Elf
2) Have 3 Cleric Past lives you earned in a useful build like a melee hybrid or light blaster
3) Have swapable gear (as in, not your armor) which has your effects for bonuses to turn numbers and dice effected.  Wear it only when you're actually turning undead, and wear actually good gear (meaning anything that isn't saddled by those turn undead effects) the other 90+% of the time
4) ???
5) Profit.  Or really, just not suck as much.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #82 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 3:28am
Print Post  

Should have known you would know all of the abbreviations for slurping big black cock.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 3:28am:
Should have known you would know all of the abbreviations for slurping big black cock.

how else would I then be able to call people those names ?

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #84 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
FITFYYGDMFNLCSPBFF:

"Fixed it there for you, you god damned, mother fucking, negroid licking, crack smoking, peanut butter feltching faggot."

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #85 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #86 - Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 2:40am:
1) Be a Sun Elf

Aaaaaargh! I didn't see that - And yes it's going to be a problem as I like to keep my Characters the same race if at all possible and most of my Clerics aren't Elves.

I thought for a moment that a Pally Splash with some points spent in KotC would provide the same bonuses {though yes I'd lose the Cleric Level Ups} but Divine Light is weaker than Bane of the Restless as it only gives the damage boost and not the bonus to TU.

2) Have 3 Cleric Past lives you earned in a useful build like a melee hybrid or light blaster

If I had 3 Cleric Past Lives on any of my Clerics then that would be great but I feel it's better to get other Past Lives first so as to make those Cleric Past Lives easier.

We don't start with Past Lives - We have to earn them!

Which is why in general my Clerics are getting TRd into something else {they need to earn Past Lives to be viable as Clerics - Getting the likes of Warlock or Paladin out of the way first provides nice bonuses to survivability later}.

3) Have swapable gear (as in, not your armor) which has your effects for bonuses to turn numbers and dice effected.  Wear it only when you're actually turning undead, and wear actually good gear (meaning anything that isn't saddled by those turn undead effects) the other 90+% of the time

There's so little TU gear around - Where do you suggest I find this swappable gear?

P.S. Please look up the meaning of the word "Lie".
Because that's one thing I definitely haven't done in this thread or so far as I know in ANY thread here or on the forums!

The last time I built a 1st Life Cleric was My Morninglord when that Iconic came out {all the others are much older}.
I think I've got four characters currently doing Cleric Past Lives too {2 on their 2nd Cleric Lives, One FavSoul is currently a Morninglord Cleric  for both Morninglord and Cleric Past Lives and one Wizard is currently a Cleradin for Conju Past Life} but again at this time I've pretty much given up on creating a viable Cleric {none of those Characters will run EE on their current lives! It will be get to TR point and TR.}.

Maybe when the Devs finally get around to fixing Clerics I'll come back to my Clerics but for now I'm about getting those Past Lives done.

Yes I asked on the forums {and here} if there was a way to ungimp one of my Clerics so maybe I could leave one of them on their current life to concentrate on others but I see it's not possible with what is available to me {I don't have the past lives or the gear}.
One of these days however I WILL have a viable TU Specced Cleric - Just not today!
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:43am by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 7:15am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:42am:
P.S. Please look up the meaning of the word "Lie".

Quote:
I reserve the right however to do my best to make one that's viable.

This is the lie.  Or you are clueless.  I'll accept either admission.  But here you are again saying shit like:
Quote:
I like to keep my Characters the same race if at all possible and most of my Clerics aren't Elves.

Which seems to indicate that you know that you are making bad build decisions, but you 'like' to do that.  Which is you straight up lying about 'doing your best' to make your flavor builds viable.  There's a large amount of real estate between knowing you're making a bad decision and doing your best to make an already sub-par build workable.  If you want to make a semi-workable TU Cleric build you need to stop obsessing over meaningless trivia like the race the character started as, and start building something that is at least the best it can be for a fairly crappy flavor build.

Quote:
There's so little TU gear around - Where do you suggest I find this swappable gear?

Well that is my mistake.  I was assuming that you had geared up with the crappy gear that adds a few levels to your turn undead rolls, or a few dice to the effect.  If you don't have that crap then you don't need to worry about it.  The 'swapable' gear is the stuff that you should be wearing instead of that junk.

Here's some general advice.  Find two characters amongst your many.  Pick the one which has the most melee HPLs/IPLs/EPLs, and the one which has the most caster HPLs/IPLs/EPLs.

Then never run them as anything else.  Ever.  That way you'll end up, over time, with a fairly competent caster and a fairly competent melee.

Yeah, you'll never get Completionist on either, but that's not your goal, is it?  Your goal, as far as I can tell from your posts, is to have a character which you can run in EEs with a group and not leave you feeling like you're being carried.  Or even *gasp* to run EEs solo and beat them.  And by stacking like with like you will get there.  Go off all scatter shot, just like you do by running 50-odd characters, and you'll never get there.

So the caster goes for Wiz/FvS/Arti/Lock HPLs.  Sun Elf and Deep Gnome IPLs.  And Arcane Fluidity, Energy Crit, Power Over Life and Death, and Colors of the Queen EPLs.

The melee goes for Ftr/Barb/Monk HPls.  PDK IPLs or Bladeforged if a toaster, or both.  And Brace, Doublestrike, and Fast Healing for EPLs.

This isn't a hard and fast thing, any character can always use more Divine EPLs for the PRR, but go for the things that help your character do the things the character is supposed to be doing first.  So the melee should pick up the Divine EPLs first for the PRR since he'll be standing in melee.  Or the doublestrike if you're more DPS than tankish.  The caster goes a different route.

Even using this as a general framework will give you a plan that will take you years to fulfill, unless you start focusing on these two chars at the expense of your others.

It's all about having a plan.  Your problem seems to be that you make plans that don't lead to a goal.  "I'm always going to be a Halfling" is a stupid plan, because the goal is just to always be a Halfling.  You can make the character at 1st level, never play it, and you've succeeded in that goal.  "I want to be an effective melee character" is a much better plan.  With that as a plan you need to then play with the plan in mind, and adapt the character over time and as the game changes to continue to follow the plan.
« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2016 at 7:20am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 7:15am:
This is the lie.  Or you are clueless.  I'll accept either admission.  But here you are again saying shit like:

Hanlon's razor dude.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #89 - Jun 19th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
I died laughing when he started talking about keeping his characters the same race...regardless of class...all of them; BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

DAMN, THAT'S SOME FUNNY SHIT.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:27am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on Jun 18th, 2016 at 10:42am:
If I had 3 Cleric Past Lives on any of my Clerics then that would be great but I feel it's better to get other Past Lives first so as to make those Cleric Past Lives easier.

This is a huge fallacy among people who don't know much about the game.

There are no heroic past lives that make a significant difference in the ease of leveling a character to 20.  Sticking to this excuse as to why you can't level to 20 easily means you aren't really trying to learn the game and how to be successful in it.

If you really want to make running heroic past lives easier, get the epic past life stances.

+3 to all saves
+9 to doublestrike and/or doubleshot
+3 to hit/damage with all weapons
and colors of the queen every 10 seconds (although not as good as it used to be).

along with all the extra hit points, ac, PRR etc you get as passive bonuses.

« Last Edit: Jun 20th, 2016 at 11:18am by bob the builder »  

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #91 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jun 19th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
I died laughing when he started talking about keeping his characters the same race...regardless of class...all of them; BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

DAMN, THAT'S SOME FUNNY SHIT.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #92 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
In the spirit of ridiculous rumor-mongering.  Fran patented his name.  He gets a nickel every time someone says it.  So at this point the Vault has successfully put his kids through college. 

I'd have said it paid for his college tuition, but then you'd all see through that as a clear lie (also now that I think about it the whole kids statement is shaky logic too...why am I typing out my own criticisms...oh well, I'll just edit this out before I hit submit...dammit)

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #93 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 1:39pm:
In the spirit of ridiculous rumor-mongering.  Fran patented his name.  He gets a nickel every time someone says it.  So at this point the Vault has successfully put his kids through college. 

Now he only has to manage to actually mate with a human female. Problem: He can only use those money to get a mate

Solution: 10 more pages  about how incompetent Fran can be should do the trick. Carry on

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:27am:
This is a huge fallacy among people who don't know much about the game.

There are no heroic past lives that make a significant difference in the ease of leveling a character to 20.  Sticking to this excuse as to why you can't level to 20 easily means you aren't really trying to learn the game and how to be successful in it.

If you really want to make running heroic past lives easier, get the epic past life stances.

+3 to all saves
+9 to doublestrike and/or doubleshot
+3 to hit/damage with all weapons
and colors of the queen every 10 seconds (although not as good as it used to be).

along with all the extra hit points, ac, PRR etc you get as passive bonuses.

Your basic premise is correct, it doesn't take any past lives of any kind to level to 20th and TR.  But I will pick a nit with your examples, all of which are three stacked EPLs.  The same 3 HPLs in Barb is a static 30 HP that you get at 1st level and stays with you through 20th.  3 Primal PLs gives you 9 HP at 1st, 21 total at 10th, and who cares about the 33 total at 20th because you're going to TR and never enjoy the last +12 HP anyway.  Or hang at 20 for a while farming items for your next planned life, but you're only getting 3 more HP from 3 EPLs that took a lot more XP total to achieve.

The same applies for 2 HPLs in Wizard, or Sorc.  +6 Spell Pen is awesome from 1st -20th, and the Wiz PL feat is also a good pick.  +30 mana starting at 1st is great if you like to lay waste and not drink mana pots, or even just skip a shrine or two.  And 3 Rogue HPLs gives you +6 vs traps vs the +3 that you cited for the EPLs, and another +3 sneak damage.  Yeah, your +3 saves is universal, but if I've already run to cap once I have the Harper pin and can break one failed save every 10 minutes, but EH traps can still kill you dead if you're running at or under level so the +6 is far superior in heroics.

Don't put down the impact of HPLs, they are very significant within the Heroic content and they make running the escalator a bit more pleasant.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:40am
Print Post  
If you are running the 1-20 to get completionist as quick as possible, you shouldn't be running a wiz/sorc that needs spell pen... you'll just be killing stuff very slowly if you are running through heroics as an actual wiz/sorc that needs spell pen to be good.   

And you have to get through 3 wizard past lives to get that +6 spell pen... so then it just benefits your 3 lives of sorc if you were silly enough to want to run as a pure sorc through those past lives (might help cleric or FVS, but again, those should be melee builds to get through as quick as possible).

essentially by the time you would really need to worry about stuff with spell resistance would be at levels  quest levels 16-20 and at that point you are essentially level 18 already.

+30 HP is great, but again, we are talking about heroics.  30 HP doesn't mean much in heroics even in elite content.  if you are dying/having a tough time because you are short 30 hit points at levels 2-6, then you need to re-consider if DDO is the game for you.

and if you are dying in EH traps, again, you have messed up your build.  EN and EH traps are not killers.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:42am
Print Post  
You seem to be saying that all PL are not necessary, which is right.  But then you wander off into how HPLs might not be helpful in such and such a situation.  Really, there's no situation in Heroics where 30 HP isn't useful.  People build a gear set to incorporate a +30 HP bonus.  There's no situation in Heroics where +6 trap saves isn't useful.

Quote:
And you have to get through 3 wizard past lives to get that +6 spell penn

You gave EPL examples of 3x a particular EPL, so don't try to compare them to a single HPL.

Quote:
and if you are dying in EH traps, again, you have messed up your build.  EN and EH traps are not killers.

Yes, traps are seriously deadly in epic heroics.  Not every build is a trapper, and not every player has the location of the boxes memorized.  There is no denying that the +6 HPL save vs traps from 3x Rogue HPL is a life saver.  I run through shit that I'd have died in on my first life.  Regularly. 
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:51am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #97 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:48am
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 8:40am:
If you are running the 1-20 to get completionist as quick as possible, you shouldn't be running a wiz/sorc that needs spell pen... you'll just be killing stuff very slowly if you are running through heroics as an actual wiz/sorc that needs spell pen to be good.   

And you have to get through 3 wizard past lives to get that +6 spell pen... so then it just benefits your 3 lives of sorc if you were silly enough to want to run as a pure sorc through those past lives (might help cleric or FVS, but again, those should be melee builds to get through as quick as possible).

essentially by the time you would really need to worry about stuff with spell resistance would be at levels  quest levels 16-20 and at that point you are essentially level 18 already.

+30 HP is great, but again, we are talking about heroics.  30 HP doesn't mean much in heroics even in elite content.  if you are dying/having a tough time because you are short 30 hit points at levels 2-6, then you need to re-consider if DDO is the game for you.

I have never had problems speed running a wizard thru a life even on a first life build.  You don't need a melee build,  it sounds like you just don't know your spells.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I just don't know how people die on EH traps.  You have to be doing something incredibly wrong.   Only ones that I know of that should kill you are those in 3BC that they added that even rogues die in.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #99 - Jun 22nd, 2016 at 2:47am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 21st, 2016 at 9:42am:
I run through shit that I'd have died in on my first life.  Regularly.

May Hordo bless your companions with backpack space.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint