Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 10 months off, logging in. Gimmie a TL;DP plox (Read 3627 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

10 months off, logging in. Gimmie a TL;DP plox
Jul 7th, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
(too long; didn't play)

Last time I played rogue mechs and pallys were boss.

Anyone give me a quick update on important crap I missed in 10 months? I probably am only going to play casually for a few months during summer.

Supposedly gnomes and lvl 30 are things now?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: 10 months off, logging in. Gimmie a TL;DP plox
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
yes

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
warlocks, pally and rogue mechs... some flavor of monkeys. ( but since I don't like button punching I don't play monkey )

lag, lag, lag, and more lag.
Especially in quest with lots of mob... when you get quest advancement or quest completion, when you get renown ( though that one got a lot better now )

otherwise same old same old.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I also missed the release of Leg. Shroud, I guess. Have those weps overtaken T.Forge stuff?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:16pm:
I also missed the release of Leg. Shroud, I guess. Have those weps overtaken T.Forge stuff?

U32 is going to re-make the gear map.  Between the new craftable accessories and the named loot and cannith crafting, anything from before U28 is garbage at end game.   

For weapons, TF, ToEE, and LGS are the stuff people are using.  Nothing beats Mortal Fear in non-legendary content (legendary content is all of is 5 quests and 3 raids atm).  In those LGS is the typical main hand with ToEE in the off hand if TWF (or another LGS weap).  Vacuum is one of the more popular options.  For casters, LGS caster sticks are common, mainly for stats.

For builds, Rangers are now very fun and viable and pretty much the best melee DPS outside of borked wolf and tree builds.  Changes to AA have created a lot of neat ranged builds because the DC's can be viable on the stuff now.  You see that with Throwers, Bows, and X-Bows.  Tree builds are still popular.   Mechanics, Warlocks, Bards, Shiradi casting, Pally, and Barbs are all still fun.  The new FIghters do strong dps but tend to be weak in mitigation and survival.  DC casting is strong but still niche.  You can do divine or arcane dc casting if you want and will be helpful, especially in LE content if you can land your CC with reliability.  LE raid mobs hit insanely hard.  Deep Gnomes have a great PL.  And make for a solid wisdom class.  But, since divines and monks haven't gotten a class pass yet, they are still kinda back burner. 

Lag is fine in most 6 man groups on Khyber.  But can be rough in raids when the count gets above 10, especially on Elite.  The thunderholme explorer area is also a lag fest in larger groups (10+).

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
U32 is going to re-make the gear map.  Between the new craftable accessories and the named loot and cannith crafting, anything from before U28 is garbage at end game.   

For weapons, TF, ToEE, and LGS are the stuff people are using.  Nothing beats Mortal Fear in non-legendary content (legendary content is all of is 5 quests and 3 raids atm).  In those LGS is the typical main hand with ToEE in the off hand if TWF (or another LGS weap).  Vacuum is one of the more popular options.  For casters, LGS caster sticks are common, mainly for stats.

For builds, Rangers are now very fun and viable and pretty much the best melee DPS outside of borked wolf and tree builds.  Changes to AA have created a lot of neat ranged builds because the DC's can be viable on the stuff now.  You see that with Throwers, Bows, and X-Bows.  Tree builds are still popular.   Mechanics, Warlocks, Bards, Shiradi casting, Pally, and Barbs are all still fun.  The new FIghters do strong dps but tend to be weak in mitigation and survival.  DC casting is strong but still niche.  You can do divine or arcane dc casting if you want and will be helpful, especially in LE content if you can land your CC with reliability.  LE raid mobs hit insanely hard.  Deep Gnomes have a great PL.  And make for a solid wisdom class.  But, since divines and monks haven't gotten a class pass yet, they are still kinda back burner. 

Lag is fine in most 6 man groups on Khyber.  But can be rough in raids when the count gets above 10, especially on Elite.  The thunderholme explorer area is also a lag fest in larger groups (10+). 

Thanks, yo.

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #6 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Welcome back.
And now, be re-baptized in DIAF.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

^_^
Dirty Sock

KNN's Bitch

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 11:45am:
Anyone give me a quick update on important crap I missed in 10 months?

Wink

[] wrote on Jan 14th, 2016 at 2:59pm:
He seems to be performing at his optimal, though limited, level of intelligence.  It's Reilley that we need to be nice to.  That guys one more troll victimization away from putting his head in the oven.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
We should deport all the SW fangirls over the age of 12 (except for grand he is special) and build a wall to keep them from coming back.

Darth Anonymous wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:55pm:
Will build it out of pussy. That is one thing those fanboys can never get a hold of.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #8 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Ok, I get that TL:DP means Too Long, Didn't Play so gimme an update.  But for about a minute I read that as a Gimme a Too Long Double Penetration.  Which is what you missed with the server move lag shitstorm. 

Things are more or less as others have described, but really nothing has changed.  Some new classes are shinier and better, some new loot is shinier and better, but at the heart of it things are still not balanced and the majority of what people do is just the same solo focused dailies.  But now with more 100% more Gnome Warlock, so there's that.

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 11:45am:
Last time I played rogue mechs and pallys were boss.

Mechs are still high DPS builds.  Pallys are still hard to kill.

New Random Loot doesn't quite replace all raid drops, but it's close.  Necro IV, Defiler, still good loots.  But if you can find the perfect gem of a NRL then you can pitch them.

Legendary GS is a mixed bag.  You need 5k runes to remove the taint, so a set bonus is a long grind.  One item can be a nice thing, but for weapons mostly they are caster sticks.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Anything that is not a barb can be very good now.

Artis -> playable with rogue splash
Barb -> can't self heal you suck. There is no point in playing a barb if other classes does better on everything they can do
Bard -> good cc with freeze, acceptable dps, dps buffs
Cleric -> you suck. But useful if you are a healbot. There is a lot of value in a healbot. People can survive one mlee hit but not 2, that means if you are good nobody dies. But its been years I haven't seen a good healer.
Druid -> bugged wolf, ofc.
Fvs -> shiradi splash
Fighter -> probably the best DPS right now. CC also works
Monk -> throwers
Paladin -> same thing as 10 months ago.
Ranger -> best DPS after fighter but no cc
Rogue -> high ranged sustained dps
Sorcerer -> either shiradi or DC are very good atm
Warlock -> basically a tankier version of shiradi splashes
Wizard -> shiradi splash or DC workable
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2016 at 7:06pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 7th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 7th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
anything  is garbage at end game.   

FTFY  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint