Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic More Steve Howe subtlety (Read 3121 times)
Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

More Steve Howe subtlety
Jul 11th, 2016 at 11:59am
Print Post  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: More Steve Howe subtlety
Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
A healing tree?  Fuck off.  That would be a piece of shit.  Nobody needs enhancements to improve healing.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 1:10pm:
A healing tree?  Fuck off.  That would be a piece of shit.  Nobody needs enhancements to improve healing. 

This.

Even a dim-wit like me figured out there's no point in rolling a Healbot toon.

Mass Cure Light Wounds is enough for most raids now, with all the Devotion + Hamp + Spell crits + Everybody-and-their-dog-has-self-heals.

The problem is, FvS has just 2 trees, one of which is shared. There's no place for a third, because it already has DPS casting and Melee, so what's the point of the new tree?

My understanding was that they were EnH passing Warpriest, which would solve a great many of the issues with both FvS and Cleric if done correctly.

That or adding some desperately needed new spells to the lists to help flesh out the classes' utility.

But that can't happen, because the Devs already said "Spellz is hard, Yo!!!!" so here we are.

Of course, Turbine will find a way to shit the bed on it no matter what...  Grin

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
But that can't happen, because the Devs already said "Spellz is hard, Yo!!!!" so here we are.

They could give them the spells they're supposed to have, like earthquake and storm of vengeance, but nah, fuck clerics!

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
The problem is, FvS has just 2 trees, one of which is shared. There's no place for a third, because it already has DPS casting and Melee, so what's the point of the new tree?

My understanding was that they were EnH passing Warpriest, which would solve a great many of the issues with both FvS and Cleric if done correctly.

The problem with the FvS caster tree is a distinct lack of SLAs.  They get one, if a pure FvS, and only at 20th (so FU to multiclassing, and this as a reward for going pure class is a joke), and it is governed by the deity, and most of them suck.  Really only Sun Bolt is worth having.  All the rest can be scrolled/wanded/clickied or just don't matter.

If they added some SLAs to AoV that might help FvS more than a third tree.  Or if the third tree provided some SLAs and maybe some other bonuses to mana or positive spell power then being a mostly healing tree wouldn't be that bad.

A pass on the Warpriest tree would help both classes, true.  But only if they manage to not fuck up what's in there that is decent now.

Also, with their current pace, added to the layoffs, added to their other side projects that most players don't care about like Cannith Crafting and changing the augment system, these things will be 2017 if not later.

It's kind of telling when they need to revamp two already existing systems, one for obsolescence and one because they claim it causes lag.  Well, I've heard both that slotting augments causes lag (how?) and that they have this grand unified field theory about how to design a system that will work kinda like LGS and also allow for expansion later.  As if just adding some new and decent augments to the already existing code is a hard thing.

It's almost as if they refuse to simply add to existing systems in order to excuse them taking literally years on a completely new system that they can't hope will last more than a few years anyway.  Just going into the existing CC system and adding new recipes and extending the XP levels can't be harder than re-designing the thing from the ground up.  And yet with their gear power creep they can't hope that either New Random Loot or a new Cannith Crafting system will retain any relevance across more than a couple years.  So why bother?

PS:
I love how people submitting their own ideas for an entire tree always forget the current limitations of Turbine:  They can't do anything new.  It has to be an almost mindless cut and paste from something existing or it takes them forever to code it and it fails anyway.  So crap like this:
Quote:
Core 3 1ap lvl 6 alchemist. can craft healers kits into CSW pots

Is just a non-starter.  They couldn't turn a healing kit into a cure pot in a year of searching Google for "How to turn a healing kit into a cure pot."  Not to mention that it is a useless ability anyway.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:06pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 6:00pm:
can craft healers kits into CSW pots

somewhere, qhualor and corodvan rejoice

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Mass Cure Light Wounds is enough for most raids now, with all the Devotion + Hamp + Spell crits + Everybody-and-their-dog-has-self-heals.

I know it's been like this for a while, but it's still a crazy concept to me.

/tilts back in the rocking chair

Back in my day, any healer that wasn't a healbot was basically blacklisted. All of the mass cures were needed, and very few had self-heals. But before that, the scroll cooldown was the same as the wand cooldown - so for a while, anyone with sufficient UMD could be a healbot.

/Get off my lawn

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2016 at 10:42pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:43pm:
/tilts back in the rocking chair

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Jul 11th, 2016 at 8:43pm:
All of the mass cures were needed,

Fuck that, and fuck you if you can't survive for 7 seconds, I'll res you when the big boys kill the chicken.

Now excuse me I need to take a Vicodin for my carpal tunnel I got from running back and forth over that one little fucking corner way too many times.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Meh. Back in my day, we could heal around corners and through doors.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
If Turbine got rid of the ubiquitous self-healing through stuff like the barbarian T5 enhancements, coccoon, and UMD which has become ever more easily to obtain over the past few years, then sure, I could see healbot characters becoming useful again. Until that happens (which it won't because we're all too used to the BYOH metagame), suggesting a heal-based tree is an asinine suggestion. And we're kidding ourselves if we think Turbine would actually listen to player feedback and suggestion.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Actually, I want a Heal-based AoN Tree build. That can turn itself into a boat. The natural evolution of the Swim Cleric is the Giving Tree.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2016 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Or a submarine, to swim through Crucible in style.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint