Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) cannith crafting (Read 30569 times)
slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

cannith crafting
Aug 7th, 2016 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
It looks like Turbine has pretty much locked in their design for the new CC. 

What will be missing that the current CC has?  Or, in other words, what should we make now before we can never make it again?

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: cannith crafting
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Heavy fort's the one that stands out to me. There are probably others.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 7th, 2016 at 1:47pm:
It looks like Turbine has pretty much locked in their design for the new CC.

Yep.  Three huge threads, dozens of people telling them that the lack of flexible shards will either kill the system before it arrives or at the very least reduce it to a niche that only serves the players in a very few ways.

And after all that feedback, what have they changed?
Quote:
Consideration is being made of adding Good Luck into random loot and having it be craftable. Same goes with Shattermantle. UWA will likely be added to random loot.

"Consideration" to make a change is not a change.  "Likely" to add is not an addition.  So really, and as per their typical SOP, they received a huge outpouring of feedback on how to do things right, and their only take away is to maybe make a couple nearly insignificant changes.

Craft your heavy fort items, nothing in NRL even comes close to giving 100 fort at a reasonable level, and certainly no where near level 7.  The +13 skill items you can make at min level 9 are also good, better than most named drops outside of the the last few power creep updates.  Stats are iffy, there are named items that beat OldCannith, but they are worth considering.

And always remember that the utility of the items will be enhanced 100 times if you craft them onto the BtA items you can pull out of Red Fens, Chrono, etc.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Does Heavy Fort really matter that much at L7? Champs bypass anyway and if stock mobs are killing someone with crits at L7, they probably have a lot more than 2 levels without Heavy Fort to worry about.

Really, anything under Level 10 I find it hard to give two shits about.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 7th, 2016 at 1:47pm:
What will be missing that the current CC has?

Sense. Not that CC has with all that much to begin with.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 7th, 2016 at 3:33pm:
Does Heavy Fort really matter that much at L7? Champs bypass anyway and if stock mobs are killing someone with crits at L7, they probably have a lot more than 2 levels without Heavy Fort to worry about.

You can put heavy fort on a right or a belt.  If you have a use for your neck slot you might not want to wait for level 9 and then equip the BtC gorget.

Also, not all champs bypass fort.

Quote:
Really, anything under Level 10 I find it hard to give two shits about.

So?  This isn't all about you, others might like to know what their options are for defraying the incoming nerf to their crafting options.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Bummer, I wore my mayoral frock and everything!

I can see that, but it doesn't seem like the biggest problem with the new system is what I was meaning. Waiting for Heavy Fort seems a small matter given some of the crapfest coming. I suppose it's worth fighting for those anyway, they do tend to overhit and then scale back so edge cases can change.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2016 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Turbine has no staff. At the end of the day we will get nothing that does not take quick and minimal work that can be done by only one or two people. Forum outrage or feedback matters not. A detailed system that makes players happy is fiscally impossible. The Turbine way is to just throw it together as cheaply and quickly as possible and then move on to fucking something else up. Honestly at this point you don't realize that by the time feedback is asked for it is already to late to make meaningful changes? Turbine QA's motto is Alea iacta est.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 3:22am
Print Post  
greater false life
superior stability (for example on a BtA mithral shield)

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Ok, seems to me turdbin retroactively wants to undo the benefits of exploits (in most cases, obviously). So they completely revamp the system.

It is not such a big surprise after all the shit they have done to random gen (yes, you can argue that its better now, but come on, you remember what it did to raid loot?)

It is kinda funny how turdbin cannot just let things go, and expand the already working system somewhat. No. They totally refuck anything that could be duped/glitched or exploited.

So whats next? Are they gonna move from dollar currency to yen, euro or maybe british pound? Cheesy

"Sorry but the dollar is on the rise due to certain exploits our gov/corporations have done, so it is not fair toward new players hehehehehe."
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2016 at 4:37am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 5:42am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 3:22am:
greater false life
superior stability (for example on a BtA mithral shield)

Do the BtA items come in special materials, or with augment slots?  I've never seen one with either of those.  But I still like them for their portability.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 5:42am:
Do the BtA items come in special materials, or with augment slots?  I've never seen one with either of those.  But I still like them for their portability.

I can't remember a specific BTA with an augment, but I think I have a ring from Fens with one. And I know I have a bunch of BTAs in different materials. the mithral shield from Waterworks stands out in my mind, but I have others too.

I should get busy and craft them, there is no way this isn't going to be a steaming pile for at least months to come  Sad

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 7:22am
Print Post  
Do the BtA items come in special materials, or with augment slots?

Yes and yes.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 7:24am
Print Post  
A few situational (meaning may not ever use) items I crafted onto BTA gear/weapons I got from chain end rewards (Chrono, Sentinnels, Threnal, Phiarlan, Red Fens)

+4 Improved Shattermantle Q-Staff ML12
+4 Improved Shattermantle RHXBow ML12
+4 Crippling of Improved Shattermantle Khopesh ML14
+2 WoP Rapier ML10
+2 WoP HRXBow ML10
+2 Anarchic Adamantine Heavy Mace of Grt Construct Bane ML10
+1 Holy Warhammer of Lesser Undead Bane (ML4)

A variety of Rings/Bracers/Boots of Melee Alacrity, MA+FF, MA+Mod. Fort
Mithril Small Shield of Life Shield and Sup Stability
a couple +6 Intelligence Rings
Ring Heavy Fort of Deathblock (although Glorious Dawn with Hvy Fort Augment replaced this long ago when needed)

I might craft a few other things but if I don't get to it I really won't care.   

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Do the BtA items come in special materials, or with augment slots?

Yes, but extremely rare to find aug slots.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #15 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
i have seen one time ever a material + augment bta item from sharn chain end reward. you wont get one but in a perfect world id be crafting on some of those the typical top dps choices for heroic level ranges

a more obtainable goal is those BtA trinkets with a bunch of dumb shit, TS DW UA, melee 10%, the old standard slot shit +5 and +13 skill items on bta gloves, con 3-6 belts etc. make some ghost toucher silver of good shits at ml4 for the bullshits and some boozebane crap on something. find something with a colorless bta scenario and put a gift in it. ff boots of melee alacrity with a colorless are ml5 with masterful; ff boots of master gift are ml1 with masterful. absorb 33% items, maybe low lvl invuln armors if you are stuck in 2008. gfl on something for ml 11-13 if u dont have a decent false life unbound item from new loot shit

anything you think you would want to have access to if cannith crafting compleetely disappeared is what you wshould be making, and you can always delete items that you decide arent worth the inventoty slot

im assuming EVERYTHING will suck post craftpass and anything other outcome i can handle. ill happily delete shit that (as if) becomes obsolete post crafting pass but im not willing to allow any option i posses now to cease existing later

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
absorb 33% items

Of all the things you listed, this is one I think is not necessary.  I seem to find cloaks of +absorption and +resist of the same element with regularity.  And at fairly low levels they are still absorbing decent %s.  Makes all those ML28 BtC Prismatic Cloaks just about worthless when a NRL item is unbound, able to be worn many levels below 28th, come with the redundant resist, and you don't need a blue moon to give you one that has the random secondary effect you need or isn't either redundant or useless.  I guess they do have a nice green augment slot, but then so does every other piece of ML28 gear in the game, so who cares about that?

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Thanks for the ideas.  I really can't get up the enthusiasm for all the game details like I used to and just can't seem to wrap my head around all the permutations of new loot, old loot, new crafting, old crafting.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:37am
Print Post  
I'll miss crafting vampirism. Onto shit that I probably shouldn't have.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:37am
Print Post  
The only advantage the current crafting system has over the new one is that the old one can lower the ML on things with masterful craftsmanship.  The new system uses masterful craftsmanship to add a 3rd effect instead.

Thus, if you want to make a single effect item (like heavy fort or GFL or +6 stat) and get it 2 levels lower than otherwise, then craft those items now.  This is most important for twink gear from level 5-9.  After that, the ran loot changes make the old ML ratings mostly shit. 

Because the new system offers NO benefit to single effect items.  In the new system you get two effects at full power for whatever the ML is.  And a 3rd effect if you add masterful craftsmanship.  In general your items crafted in the new system will be more powerful than in the old, especially over level 11.

The other big thing being lost is flex shards.  Fortification can't go on a cloak or gloves, for example, in new CC.  But with flex shards you can put effects where ever you want.  So if you want to position things in specific gear slots, craft those now.  You will quickly see the value in this drop after ML 11, though, since 3 effects at full ML (using the new power curve) is going to be better than a single effect at full ML in the slot you want. 

Basically, your low level twink gear got savaged in exchange for being able to craft loot that matters from 13-30.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:37am:
Basically, your low level twink gear got savaged in exchange for being able to craft loot that matters from 13-30.

I'm ok with that.   The heroic level BTA and BTC gear released over the past 2-ish years and augment slots have already pushed any CC gear I would have crafted into niches that only sometimes get filled. 

I like crafting in general so am excited to see what gets released.  If the new system tanks it won't affect my current game play except I will get more XP from quests instead of balancing crafting with XP grind.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #21 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:19am
Print Post  
anyone made the effort to make a list what won't be possible after the revamp?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:37am:
a surprisingly articulate synopsis that is easy to understand

thanks Asheras.  You remind me of the Vault glory days. 

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 2:37pm:
a surprisingly articulate synopsis that is easy to understand

Please...

He starts out by saying (my bolds for emphasis) "The only advantage the current crafting system has over the new one is that the old one can lower the ML on things with masterful craftsmanship."  And then later goes on to add another huge advantage of the old system:  Flex shards.

He claims that only single effect items made in OldCC will be worthwhile after NewCC is released, but that's just wrong.  I have a decent pile of 2 effect items that will still be better than any 3 effect item you can make in NewCC.

Poorly constructed arguments incorrectly using simple words like 'only' shouldn't be praised for being articulate.  Counting to two is a fairly low bar to set, and he failed at that.  Incorrect conclusions such as only single effect items remaining worthwhile once NewCC rolls out results from a failure to actually look at the three effects tables and try to see what kind of items can be built.  There are some good combinations, but there is an awful lot of overlap on tables which will force players to dedicate 2-3+ slots in order to get nice synergies.

Where he is right about NewCC is that it scales higher then OldCC.  But we knew that already, implementing a system that scaled up to the much higher level cap than existed when OldCC was implemented was the whole point.  Stating the obvious also shouldn't be labeled as being 'articulate.'  If a person wanted to draw a conclusion from these known facts, they might say something like "It won't matter that your ability to craft low level twink gear will be savaged in NewCC, because Heroics aren't hard anyway."  That would be drawing a conclusion that wasn't just a reiteration of the precise reason for Turbine implementing a new CC system in the first place.  You know, some actually independent thinking.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:00pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #24 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 6:58pm:
  I have a decent pile of 2 effect items that will still be better than any 3 effect item you can make in NewCC.

Name one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint