Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) cannith crafting (Read 30763 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: cannith crafting
Reply #100 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 9:00pm:
What ML? Also, SSOIDH

ML 6 obviously.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141kTWdX-ZqmRCN_zUBSVwlGQqi0a_sIHzUr65AP3...

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #101 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Is it just me or is anyone else salivating at the chance to craft all that 'situational' gear you only need now and then?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #102 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:39am
Print Post  
quick question should I be deconning all my old shards?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:03am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:39am:
quick question should I be deconning all my old shards?

Yes.  Once the update goes live they won't be able to be crafted with any longer, and also won't be able to be deconned any longer.  So either craft with them or decon them before that happens.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #104 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:44am
Print Post  
My turn now. Is there any way to fast level....no...even level the current CC beyond level 130?

I'm stuck there with all three schools and decon. gives like 5xp per item. Even unbound shard are not giving me exp right now (except for the last ones that keep getting penalty for re-crafting them)

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:44am:
My turn now. Is there any way to fast level....no...even level the current CC beyond level 130?

I'm stuck there with all three schools and decon. gives like 5xp per item. Even unbound shard are not giving me exp right now (except for the last ones that keep getting penalty for re-crafting them)

Bad planning on your side Wink at lvl 120 you were suppose to have crafted the 130 crafting shards, at 130 to just be starting the lvl 140+ ones and not already be ransacked on them Sad Are they not giving you any exp or just a little? can you up it with rolling couple of alts and getting some crafting potions via the crafting tutorial?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #106 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:59am
Print Post  

Currently TR resets crafting recipe ransack.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:20am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:59am:

Nice! Wonder if that will be true for new CC...

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #108 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:21am
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 7:59am:

Good to know, thanks.

@LYRT: yeah, really poor planning. I just kept crafting the highest level I could afford. Used a couple of crafting elixirs along the way too but I'm keeping a good stack  for next update tough

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:02pm:
Is it just me or is anyone else salivating at the chance to craft all that 'situational' gear you only need now and then?

you're doing it wrong.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #110 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
So, a max crafter starts out at level 260.  If you don't care about crafting for others, you can get to crafting ML 34 shards at level 325 (with 50% accuracy and no booster).  At that point you can craft any bound shard (all 3 levels and insightfuls) with 100% success and you can craft unbound shards for all 3 levels as long as they are not insightful.

The last 75 levels of the crafting system seem to be strictly for people who want to be able to craft unbound insightful effects onto gear.  That means you only need to get to around 430k of xp from the 260k you start at.  The remaining 220k to get to 400 isn't necessary for a lot of players. 

I'll probably go to 470k to be level 340 and have 100% success on ML 34 shards, just to save on mats, but beyond that, I'll probably not bother.  Doesn't seem to be enough value.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #111 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:24am
Print Post  
As an aside, on Day 1, with no grind, I can craft ML 27 gear (ML 28 with a booster) and any bound effect from any tier, including insightful.  Insightful is a 50% success rate, but the rest is 100%. 

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Quiet yew....  Roll Eyes

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 9:44am:
you're doing it wrong.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:49am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:41am:
Quiet yew.... 

"situational"

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #114 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:24am:
As an aside, on Day 1, with no grind, I can craft ML 27 gear (ML 28 with a booster) and any bound effect from any tier, including insightful.  Insightful is a 50% success rate, but the rest is 100%. 

That's really good to know. IMO there isn't a whole lot of demand to go much higher. At lvl 28 there is SO MUCH absurd named loot, and at 30 it's time to TR. Never did understand the people loosing their shit over ML 30 gear  Shocked
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:27am by noamineo »  

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #115 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:27am:
That's really good to know. IMO there isn't a whole lot of demand to go much higher. At lvl 28 there is SO MUCH absurd named loot, and at 30 it's time to TR. Never did understand the people loosing their shit over ML 30 gear  Shocked

My personal feeling is that the level 30 gearset, if you want to stay at cap and run legendary content is:

4-5 Slavers Items (possibly all crafted for sets)
2 LGS Items (maybe more if you want set bonuses)
1-3 Named loot Other Legendary Content
1-3 CC items to fill in holes. 

Level 28 is much the same deal.  Named/Raid loot will fill up 2/3rds to 3/4th of your slots.

CC is a gap filler at 28-30 and has real value in 20-27 for doing E-TR's easily.  I don't waste time worrying about gear from 1-20.  Although I might craft one or two items for 15-20 if I'm going to run the same I-TR repeatedly on all my characters like I did for the deep gnome PL x 3.  There is some economy in doing that if the repetition is high enough. 

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  

I think you'd be better off just waiting for the NewCC and doing your leveling there.  You'll be able to convert your lesser essences at 4:1 for the new essence, and your greaters at 1:1.  Right now leveling will require you to expend 3 stacks of 750+ lessers each for one combine to make a useless +potential shard, and I think that making ML shards will be both cheaper and will result in an item you'll be able to actually use instead of discarding.

Technically, if you wanted to spend the time, you could convert all of your greaters to lessers now at 1:5, and then back at 4:1 after NewCC goes live.  Me, I don't have that kind of time for a fairly minor exploit.

Asheras wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 10:24am:

Is this using new collectables that the devs hand out on Lamma?  Or just crafting recipes that only require PEDs?  Because 'no grind' doesn't seem terribly possible if you're crafting using the new collectables.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:27pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #117 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:19pm:
Is this using new collectables that the devs hand out on Lamma?  Or just crafting recipes that only require PEDs?  Because 'no grind' doesn't seem terribly possible if you're crafting using the new collectables.

No grind means that at level 260 (which is where current max crafters start) I don't need to do any leveling.  At 260, you will be able to craft level 27 ML shards with a greater than 50% success rate and be able to craft ML 28 shards with about a 40% success rate.  (Should use a booster there to not waste ingredients). 

You can craft any non-insightful effect shards either bound or unbound at 100%.  You can craft bound insightful shards at 50% success and cannot craft unbound insightfuls. 

That's without leveling at all.  No grind. 

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #118 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Can't find the link somebody posted for the updated crafting planner.. can somebody add it here? Thank you.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #119 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 10:33pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #120 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Sept 13th confirmed by Cordo and launcher info that old shards will become useless after the update.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #121 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:59am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:03am:
Sept 13th confirmed by Cordo and launcher info that old shards will become useless after the update.

I would not call that a confirmation...BUT by turbine standards, it could be considered one.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint