Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) cannith crafting (Read 30857 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: cannith crafting
Reply #25 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 6:58pm:
Please...

He starts out by saying (my bolds for emphasis) "The only advantage the current crafting system has over the new one is that the old one can lower the ML on things with masterful craftsmanship."  And then later goes on to add another huge advantage of the old system:  Flex shards.

He claims that only single effect items made in OldCC will be worthwhile after NewCC is released, but that's just wrong.  I have a decent pile of 2 effect items that will still be better than any 3 effect item you can make in NewCC.

Poorly constructed arguments incorrectly using simple words like 'only' shouldn't be praised for being articulate.  Counting to two is a fairly low bar to set, and he failed at that.  Incorrect conclusions such as only single effect items remaining worthwhile once NewCC rolls out results from a failure to actually look at the three effects tables and try to see what kind of items can be built.  There are some good combinations, but there is an awful lot of overlap on tables which will force players to dedicate 2-3+ slots in order to get nice synergies.

Where he is right about NewCC is that it scales higher then OldCC.  But we knew that already, implementing a system that scaled up to the much higher level cap than existed when OldCC was implemented was the whole point.  Stating the obvious also shouldn't be labeled as being 'articulate.'  If a person wanted to draw a conclusion from these known facts, they might say something like "It won't matter that your ability to craft low level twink gear will be savaged in NewCC, because Heroics aren't hard anyway."  That would be drawing a conclusion that wasn't just a reiteration of the precise reason for Turbine implementing a new CC system in the first place.  You know, some actually independent thinking.

Honestly, Old CC is worthless in today's game.  Beyond some really simple ML 5- ML 9 twink gear that was barely useful in 2009 and some DR breakers (back when DR breaking was a thing.  Which it isnt), I can't believe how many long time players talk about Old CC like they are actually using it today for anything meaningful.  Even flex shards.  It's all way outdated.  New Ran Gen loot kills it.  Let alone new CC items.

I threw out all my Old CC crafted stuff and all my old ML 1-ML 9 twink gear for the most part.  Outside of named stuff like Carniflex. 

New CC will start off more relevant over a wider level range. (EDIT: Whether it will have staying power is unknown.  But given the power creep in named loot, the outlook isn't favorable, unless they change something)   I agree that it will have less value in level 9 and below than the old CC loot did.  Outside of that, if you have a valid Old CC item you would equip in level 11+ over current ran gen, new CC loot, named items, or raid loot, let's see it.

NOTE:  I'm fully prepared to be wrong in this regard.  I wasn't a fan of old CC loot.  I've got some real concerns about the new system.  Lots to be seen when it hits lama and Turbine has been very obscure about details on a lot of things and their track record in those turning out well is, frankkly, shit
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:09pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

yabber
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:56pm:
Honestly

You're a funny faggot.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #27 - Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
I didn't find the following pre-/or suffixes in NoWorries listings:
- Bleed
- Blood
- Command
- Crippling
- Holy Burst
- Deception
- Bone Breaking
- Enfeebling
- Protection
- Puncturing
- Pure Good
- Roaring
- Telekinetic,
- Arcane Sigil
- Armor Bonus
- Bodyfeeder (Feeding?)
- Cursespweing
- Deathblock
- Dusk
- Finesse
- Lifeshield
- Mobility
- Maladroit
- Sneak Attack
- Staggering Blow
- Stealth Strike
- Weakening
- Wounding
- Str Sapping

anything else?

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:58pm:
anything else?

Nice list.  Lots of stuff there that I've put on things, especially the DR breakers.

Slowburst
Blood Rage (+8 STR and CON is not insignificant!)
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:35am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #29 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:58pm:
I didn't find the following pre-/or suffixes in NoWorries listings:
- Bleed
- Blood
- Command
- Crippling
- Holy Burst
- Deception
- Bone Breaking
- Enfeebling
- Protection
- Puncturing
- Pure Good
- Roaring
- Telekinetic,
- Arcane Sigil
- Armor Bonus
- Bodyfeeder (Feeding?)
- Cursespweing
- Deathblock
- Dusk
- Finesse
- Lifeshield
- Mobility
- Maladroit
- Sneak Attack
- Staggering Blow
- Stealth Strike
- Weakening
- Wounding
- Str Sapping

anything else?

Some of those are covered.  A good number are not.

Look for something called "Stat Poisons".  That will cover things like Str sapping, Wounding, Puncturing, Maladroit, weakening, enfeebling, bone breaking.

Look for something called Weapon DR's.  That will cover things like pure good, holy burst, etc.

Arcane Sigil = Lesser Arcane Spell Dexterity

Steath Strike = Diversion

Roaring is contained in "Weapon Crit Damages", I think. 

I *think* cursespewing is a part of the "special effects" group that is only on Random Loot now.  That includes Paralyzing, Banishing, Smiting, Disruption.  I could be wrong. 

Most have been brought up on the forums with no answer as to whether they will be included at release, addressed at a later time, or are being dropped. 

One of the bigger frustrations I have with both the new random loot and the CC loot is the loss of some older effects that added some unique value and flavor.  It bothers me that they are missing and the devs are extremely unresponsive to inquires about what the plan is for these old effects. 

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:09am:
Nice list.  Lots of stuff there that I've put on things, especially the DR breakers.

Slowburst

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/476838

Quote:
Group 3(100):
Attributes
Spell Saves
Resistance
Riposte
Sheltering
Doublestrike
Doubleshot
Assassinate
Combat Mastery
Melee/Ranged Alacrity
Potency
Weapon Crit Damages
Weapon DRs (good, evil etc)
Spell Lores
Vampirism

Quote:
Cannith:
Metalline
Alligned
Everbright
Blueshine
Ghost Touch
Invulnerability
Vengeful
Unbalancing
Twilight
Lesser Arcane Spell Dexterity
Songblade
Slowburst/Improved Slowburst
Regeneration
Persuasion
Fearsome
Silver Flame/Sacred/Eternal Faith
Efficient Metamagic
Blindness Immunity
True Seeing

Blood Rage is missing.   Sad

That is a fun effect that is enjoyable, even if it isn't for every build or situation.  They should leave stuff like that in.  Even if it is CC loot only.  I'd not enjoy getting it on random gen loot, because it is a very specific effect, but it would nice to be able to craft it.  This is another example of ways in which they miss the target on CC loot.  They should have it specialize in the obscure or build specific effects.  Leave ran loot to the common/universal effects.  It would add an extra value to CC loot.  It can't be THAT hard to throw in a few more recipes...
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:38am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #31 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:31am:
Some of those are covered.  A good number are not.

Look for something called "Stat Poisons".  That will cover things like Str sapping, Wounding, Puncturing, Maladroit, weakening, enfeebling, bone breaking.

But if it is poison it won't work on some monsters. And I don't think bonebreaking will fall  under poison. But I might be wrong.

Look for something called Weapon DR's.  That will cover things like pure good, holy burst, etc.

Steath Strike = Diversion

I *think* cursespewing is a part of the "special effects" group that is only on Random Loot now.  That includes Paralyzing, Banishing, Smiting, Disruption.  I could be wrong. 

NoWorries made an earlier post and I was pretty sure Holy Burst and pure good were excluded. Bad I might be wrong.

Didn't find Cursespewing.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Blood docents were a nice boost to robots trying to get by without repair magic.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #33 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Honestly, Old CC is worthless in today's game.  Beyond some really simple ML 5- ML 9 twink gear that was barely useful in 2009 and some DR breakers (back when DR breaking was a thing.  Which it isnt), I can't believe how many long time players talk about Old CC like they are actually using it today for anything meaningful.  Even flex shards.  It's all way outdated.  New Ran Gen loot kills it.  Let alone new CC items.

I threw out all my Old CC crafted stuff and all my old ML 1-ML 9 twink gear for the most part.  Outside of named stuff like Carniflex. 

New CC will start off more relevant over a wider level range. (EDIT: Whether it will have staying power is unknown.  But given the power creep in named loot, the outlook isn't favorable, unless they change something)   I agree that it will have less value in level 9 and below than the old CC loot did.  Outside of that, if you have a valid Old CC item you would equip in level 11+ over current ran gen, new CC loot, named items, or raid loot, let's see it.

NOTE:  I'm fully prepared to be wrong in this regard.  I wasn't a fan of old CC loot.  I've got some real concerns about the new system.  Lots to be seen when it hits lama and Turbine has been very obscure about details on a lot of things and their track record in those turning out well is, frankkly, shit

So have they done anything about making these searchable on the AH? A whole new set of obscure names to learn to try to find something? Or maybe they are planning on it being such shit that nobody bothers to craft unbound so finding it won't matter?

And yeah, with their track record I can't seem to get excited. Who cares if they have free peanuts if you have to pry them out of shit logs.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Snu Snu wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:00am:
But if it is poison it won't work on some monsters. And I don't think bonebreaking will fall  under poison. But I might be wrong.

NoWorries made an earlier post and I was pretty sure Holy Burst and pure good were excluded. Bad I might be wrong.

Didn't find Cursespewing.

You are being too literal about the word "poison".  "Stat poisons" means "any effect that negatively affects a stat".  Not "effects that negatively affect stats specifically by way of poison".      

I don't recall a post by NoWorries to the effect that PG (or holy burst) would be excluded.  I recall a post stating they were gone from ran loot, but coming back.  You can get a "Good effect" on a weapon that adds some good damage, but that doesn't currently break good DR.  I think that is changing. 

Yeah.  Cursespewing isn't listed specifically.  Those types of effects seem to be ones they want to keep on Ran Gen Loot only.  I was trying to convey that I didn't have documented knowledge on that one by saying "I *think*".
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:42pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:15pm
Print Post  

Yeah, they have invented a couple new 'systems' which replace the old item effects.

I had no idea they were grouping up "Str sapping, Wounding, Puncturing, Maladroit, weakening, enfeebling, bone breaking" and calling them 'stat poisons.'  But I have pulled NRL items that do similar things like 'on hit -2 Wisdom' and the like.  This isn't the same, but maybe that's a part of their hoped-for scaling effects.  Which I do think is a good idea if they can get it right.  And right now there are a lot of effects that simply do not scale at all on the gear (deathblock, keen, etc) and several that do scale on the gear but are bugged in practice (guards, xd6 on ranged, etc).

The same with weapon DRs.  These aren't the same as True Good, Holy Burst, etc.  But it would be close enough if they only actually broke DRs.

Quote:
Who knew?  I've never pulled a NRL item with that effect.

Quote:

Probably.  This is one I see infrequently.  It looks like it can scale up to be a fairly potent effect (um, as long as it doesn't say 3d6 and only do 1d6 like guards and xd6 on ranged), because I've seen a much as 8d6.  And it's 'on crit' not 'on vorpal,' so builds that use high crit range weapons like khopesh will get a lot of mileage out of those effects.

This is going to be one of those places where the new system is more work than the old.  In OldCC you could read the effect right in the machine before you crafted the shard.  Now, with their scaling effects, you'll just make a STR shard and it'll be up to the player base to make 30 items to find out where the break points are for +1/+2/ ... +X, with +X being the one people at cap will care about.  Make a 'Slashing Criticals' shard and figure out where +4d6 becomes +5d6, and where the effect caps entirely.  Because I'm fairly sure it won't scale up all the way to 30th.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #36 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:15pm:
Who knew?  I've never pulled a NRL item with that effect.

Both are in old stuff, but they stopped stacking at some point, so might as well cull the redundant one that only applies to docents.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Outside of that, if you have a valid Old CC item you would equip in level 11+ over current ran gen, new CC loot, named items, or raid loot, let's see it.

NOTE:  I'm fully prepared to be wrong in this regard.  I wasn't a fan of old CC loot.

You have moved the goal posts by qualifying that gear needs to be ML11+ in OldCC to be competitive with NewCC.  What you originally said was:
Asheras wrote on Aug 9th, 2016 at 7:40pm:
Quote:
I have a decent pile of 2 effect items that will still be better than any 3 effect item you can make in NewCC.
Name one.

Seeker Repeating Heavy Crossbow of Deception.  ML6 with Master Craft of course.
Deception and Seeker +8.

I don't need any Enhancement because I'll be firing +bolts.  I might be one of the few players who actually works around Turbine's horrible quiver implementation by parking a bunch of locked (if you lock them, then you can hit 'gather' in a quiver and they won't be gathered.  And they have to be in your main INV to allow for hotbar swapping, because Turbine sucks) arrows/bolts on my hot bars so I can swap them out as the situation requires.  Bane and Slayer ammo is very useful, but I think so many people have just given up and summon a bunch of generic ammo via the arti spell or the AA enhancement.  Because again, Turbine has decided that coding smart is too damn hard.  I can deconstruct something with my mats in the shared bank, but damned if I can swap in the right kind of ammo for the situation w/o just not having the ammo in a quiver at all.

In any event, that's +8 to confirm and +8 damage on crits, which you get 3 chances for each time you fire with a repeater.  They have nerfed the doubleshot but they can't nerf the critical mechanic (um, yet.  As if Artis need a nerf).  And even if the build doesn't have Sneak Attack Deception is strong.  Turning around casters so they can't cast on you, yes please.  Turning around melee so they take more time to close, thank you.  Deception rocks for anyone.

If NewCC can beat that, then I for one welcome our new insect overlords!

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:07am:
Deception and Seeker +8.

So this looks like a pretty good item... however.
1) It is only 1[W]. Slapping a +1 enhancement bonus would give ya +2-3 damage per bolt.
2) Artificers can get improved crit around level 12. So yeah, it's actually sucks for 6 levels, and then it's probably outshined by other shiny stuff.

My favorite cannith crafted weapon is a +1 Maladroit Maul of Everbright (ML8 with MC, 1.5[W]). I have a BtA, Flametouched Iron version. Using that on most melee builds whenever situation arises (vs skeletons, ooze, rusties; DR breaker; when main weapon breaks...). Often using it exclusively when lazy to swap weapons.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:17am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:59am:
So this looks like a pretty good item... however.
1) It is only 1[W]. Slapping a +1 enhancement bonus would give ya +2-3 damage per bolt.

You are having a reading comprehension failure.  I explained, in detail, why I could not give a fuck about an enhancement bonus on the item itself.

Learn to read.

Quote:
2) Artificers can get improved crit around level 12. So yeah, it's actually sucks for 6 levels, and then it's probably outshined by other shiny stuff.

At the point where you're comparing level 12 stuff to level 6 stuff and trying to make a point about how the level 6 stuff is 'outshined', I just give up.  Do you play this game?  If level 12 stuff didn't outshine level 6 stuff there would be a real problem.

Quote:
My favorite cannith crafted weapon is a +1 Maladroit Maul of Everbright (ML8 with MC, 1.5[W]). I have a BtA, Flametouched Iron version. Using that on most melee builds whenever situation arises (vs skeletons, ooze, rusties; DR breaker; when main weapon breaks...). Often using it exclusively when lazy to swap weapons.

See now, that is an actually non-gibberish reply.  You have a ML8 item that you find useful.  It's not likely at all that NewCC will replace that in usefulness.  Maybe, but it is not looking good at this time.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 10th, 2016 at 2:09am:

Slowburst
Blood Rage (+8 STR and CON is not insignificant!)

Asheras has confirmed that Slowburst is included.  Does it scale?

Blood Rage is not, but that is fairly niche given the penalties.

I don't see Heartseeker.  This is an 'on crit' effect,' and might be rolled up into one of the new categories.  I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it has been overlooked.

But Heartseeker was one of the effects which has a scale prior to NRL from I to VI.

Not an Old CC shard, but that should not mean that it can't be a NewCC shard!

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #41 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:17am:
You are having a reading comprehension failure.  I explained, in detail, why I could not give a fuck about an enhancement bonus on the item itself.

Learn to read.

At the point where you're comparing level 12 stuff to level 6 stuff and trying to make a point about how the level 6 stuff is 'outshined', I just give up.  Do you play this game?  If level 12 stuff didn't outshine level 6 stuff there would be a real problem.

let me restate the points which you failed to understand
1) Having high seeker without Keen/Improved Crit is not a good idea.
2) Building a ML6 weapon which is already suboptimal is not a good idea, when creating a ML8 version would at least bump it to 1.5[W].

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #42 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 2:07am:
Deception and Seeker +8.

That's what you're going with? Seeker 8 on a 19-20x2 weapon is a measly 1.6 damage per bolt. How does that beat a +2 Shock Diversion Heartseeker Repeater with 1d6 flaming bolts from Flame Arrow?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #43 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:55am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:54am:
That's what you're going with? Seeker 8 on a 19-20x2 weapon is a measly 1.6 damage per bolt. How does that beat a +2 Shock Diversion Heartseeker Repeater with 1d6 flaming bolts from Flame Arrow?

Weapons are one of the worst uses for CC.  Named weapons ALWAYS kill CC weapons, except when DR breaking was an issue back in 2010 and 2011.  Because they often get 3-4 effects and a higher base damage dice.  Plus slots. 

For example: The Scoundrel's Crossbow is an ML 6 item and a nice great repeater with better stats too.  D12 base dice and better on hit damage adds.

Even if you don't want to farm that, or don't like it, this one useful for 1 level, at best.  Until you can equip a ToEE crossbow or Leverage at ML 7.  Both of which wreck this.  And are readily available and easy to farm.

As for a CC repeater that's better:

I'd put Ranged Alacrity, Deadly, Insightful Deadly on it. 

Or Acid Damage (what resists acid at level 6? But pick your elemental damage), Deadly, Insightful Deadly.

Either would be providing more damage per bolt by far than the one listed.  If you had another source of deadly, you could work in Doubleshot.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #44 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:28am:
Asheras has confirmed that Slowburst is included.  Does it scale?

Blood Rage is not, but that is fairly niche given the penalties.

I don't see Heartseeker.  This is an 'on crit' effect,' and might be rolled up into one of the new categories.  I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it has been overlooked.

But Heartseeker was one of the effects which has a scale prior to NRL from I to VI.

Not an Old CC shard, but that should not mean that it can't be a NewCC shard!

I'd like Heartseeker to be craftable too.  These are the sorts of effects that would be unique and add some flavor. 

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:54am:

ML6, motherfucker.  ML6.  1.6 damage x3 kills stuff dead at that level.  Regardless of the fact that you're looking at it in isolation like a retard.

What the ML of your hypothetical +2 Shock Diversion Heartseeker Repeater?  Answer that and you'll answer your own question about how it beats your example.

1d6 flaming bolts from Flame Arrow is available to my repeater as well, you idiot.

Jesus Fucking Christ on a crutch, coming back for the end times and whistling a tune through the hole in his palm!  Did I wake up in Idocracy this morning?  Usually people on these forums have a higher intelligence than those on the DDO forums.  But not today I guess.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:45pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #46 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 3:17pm:
ML6, motherfucker.  ML6.  1.6 damage x3 kills stuff dead at that level.  Regardless of the fact that you're looking at it in isolation like a retard.

What the ML of your hypothetical +2 Shock Diversion Heartseeker Repeater?

1d6 flaming bolts from Flame Arrow is available to my repeater as well, you idiot.

1.6 x 3 = 4.8 damage. Kills stuff dead.

Anyway, repeaters are apparently strong enough that even retarded crafting choices make them decent damage at that level.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #47 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
1.6 damage x3 kills stuff dead at that level.

Roll Eyes

ML 6 obviously. You missed that the entire premise of the new system is that every effect will scale to whatever ML? You'll have to extrapolate what the numbers scale to in the ML 6 tier, but it doesn't much to beat 1.8 crit damage and flaming bolts that are mutually exclusive with an enhancement bonus. Hell even a +2 repeater with only 1d4 shock and flaming bolts (+8 damage) beats your seeker repeater that has to choose between flaming bolts and +4 bolts. (+5.8 damage)

You already said you were using enhancement bonus bolts, genius.

Did I wake up in Idocracy this morning?

Not on the side of it that you think.  Tongue

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 11:55am:
Weapons are one of the worst uses for CC. 

/agree

Named stuff nearly always wins, except at the stupidly low-levels. I did always enjoy making Vicous of Pure Good items(Ml2 with masterful) that hit nearly everything in the game. Also, every now and then I'd put together some kind of highly-specific beater, either a bane-weapon or just a combination of effects.

But CCd weapons loose their luster around lvl 4, unless you're making a really niche item(Holy of Undead Bande, or harry-beaters, anyone?)

Best use for CC has been slotting those difficult-to-slot effects and generally filling gear-gaps. I liked making ML20 items that had 3 different +6 stats on them via augments. Dumb, but nearly every stat serves some function or another. Or using a combination of augments and CC to get the ever-eluside Feather Falling/DeathBlock/Water Breathing?Blindness Immunity/Protection from Evil/etc/etc/etc brazillion little effects you need. It wasn't too tough to fit 3+ on. Hopefully with the new system I should be able to fit 4-5 on one item.

Actually, here's one other question for the new system: How will it do at making a Harry-Beater? Sure, they aren't as important these days, but I want to know: will I still be able to craft a Silver Holy Burst of Greater Evil outsider Bane? I may have enough left over, but I always like to know Wink

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
Quote:

ML 6 obviously.

That's just about as stupid as saying that a +13 Sovereign Vorpal PantsShitter of Excellence will be ML6.

You set the ML, sure.  Turbine sets where the effects fall.  You could end up with a +1 Shock (+1 electric damage on hit)  Diversion (-1 threat) Heartseeker (+1 damage on crit for 2x, +2 damage on crit for 3x, +3 damage on crit for 3x) of Craptasticness.

Now that they are previewing the mess on Lamma people can see where the effects will fall.  And if it manages to be better than what I've crafted, all I need to do is disjunt and rebuild in the NewCC.  Until then, I've got a repeater that is better than anything that drops from NRL, where all weapons come with a spell power and some useless effect.  You could roll on that shit lottery for years and not see something as good as you can make today.
Quote:
You already said you were using enhancement bonus bolts, genius.

Which is exactly why you listing them as if they were some kind of advantage to your repeater was so fucking stupid.  Genius.
Quote:
Not on the side of [Idiocracy] that you think.  Tongue

You go on thinking that.  It's so cute when little Tommy thinks he's being smart around the adults.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:43pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint