Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) cannith crafting (Read 30848 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: cannith crafting
Reply #50 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Its weird how much we're arguing about a weapon that gets used for a day/day and a half per life, tops. How good something is at level 6 is kind of irrelevent, by level 10 its out-modded and by level 12 you're on to green steel. The repeater Frank is on about is ok and all, but why the fuck is there so much argument about a 4-lvl-range item in the first place?!

2 levels if you ground out a good ToEE weapon.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 6:00pm:
Actually, here's one other question for the new system: How will it do at making a Harry-Beater?

Right now?  It just can't.  The DR effects like Good or Lawful or whatever are broken and don't break DR.  They promise a fix, but then their fix promises are typically years behind schedule.

There is some confusion, maybe only on my part, about their list of exclusive effects.  They don't list metalline or aligned in any of their 3 effects lists, but then they go on to say that metalline and aligned (and a bunch more, it wasn't just a list about DR breakers) are effects exclusive to Cannith.  So, are they able to be crafted via Cannith?  Only time and Lamma will tell.

You could conceivably use a special materials item and then the Creature Bane enchant to make DR beaters.  Just not a Harry beater as that requires silver and good, and even using a silver weapon the good damage doesn't break DR in NRL.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 11th, 2016 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:30pm:
by level 12 you're on to green steel.

GS is great for TRs.  That shit is simply OP and nothing you can Cannith craft is coming close.  But it isn't great for alts, because all the stuff is BTC and most of the stuff needed to make it is BTC.  So alts need to rely on NRL, BoE, and BtA items.  And also crafted stuff crafted on those BtA items.  You can also pass shards and such to your alts, but master crafted is BtC and losing the 2 levels makes CC a non-starter in most cases.

So keep in mind the uses of the system where you don't have a years old character with a pile of past lives and other resources available to them.  The sad thing is that maxing your CC skill pretty much requires this kind of character, and so the utility of the system is bound to be measured against the gear that kind of character has available to them.  Which means that it must be valid (as in, can make items a player might wear) when looked at by a character with many past lives, or it is a dead on arrival system that no one will invest in.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #53 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:57pm:
Right now?  It just can't.  The DR effects like Good or Lawful or whatever are broken and don't break DR.  They promise a fix, but then their fix promises are typically years behind schedule.

The fix is on Lammaland, according to the release notes.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Even a many-lived TR will benifit from CC.

...just not for weapons.

You'll be able to make Stat + same Insightful stat, huge power boost right there.

Sheltering + Insightful Sheltering = A lot of PRR

3-effect item with 2 augment slots, anyone?

My 15-life TR is going to enjoy the shit out of CC.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:42pm:
The fix is on Lammaland, according to the release notes.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/438926-Lamannia-Release-Notes-(Last-Up...)

I am concerned that we haven't yet seen a statement confirming that you can CONTROL what third-effect an item gets... given turbine massive raging nerd-boner for randomness I am deeply worried that the third-effects will be based on a fucking dice roll.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #56 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:55pm:
I am concerned that we haven't yet seen a statement confirming that you can CONTROL what third-effect an item gets... given turbine massive raging nerd-boner for randomness I am deeply worried that the third-effects will be based on a fucking dice roll.

According to the Lammaland forums, you control what goes in the slot.  The only broken part about the 3rd slot right now, is that there is a description that is supposed to be removed when you apply it.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #57 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 1:14pm:
According to the Lammaland forums, you control what goes in the slot.  The only broken part about the 3rd slot right now, is that there is a description that is supposed to be removed when you apply it.

Fuckin sweet.

Damn, I may have to try and get on lamaland just to see it...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #58 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:02am
Print Post  
fucking character copy tool...

why did they move the character copy from the webpage ( it was great, despite the fact that it was broken a lot of time ) to the fucking stupid buggy launcher ?

I don't want to waste 10 minutes every time L-Space gets wiped watching the fucking launcher fail at updating and then redownload all the splashscreens and reinstall DX9 and VC++...

Looks like my time in L-Space is going to become nil for the future. I can't be arsed to do use that fucking buggy launcher to copy my toons.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #59 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:58am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 12:55pm:

Yes you can, you apply a Mark of House Cannith to the item which grants it the 3rd effect and then you make the shard you want to go there and boom!

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #60 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
the dupers are going to love the new system now that I've started checking it...

The ingredient cost is huge ( 10 rare collecties like soarwoods... or of the new kind + 5 PEDS [ or more ] )

the price of the Purified Eberron Dragonshards is going to skyrocket on the ASAH.

In the end that new system is going to be dead as soon as it goes in game... there's  ( almost ) no way people will be able to level in it beyond what they have already reached, and there's no way people will waste the precious collecties on levelling, as they are going to need them to make the items they want.

It's a system for harders, dupers and high end gamers... the rest of the people ( casuals, new players, semi-casuals ) are going to be excluded from it due to the cost in collecties.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #61 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:31am:
It's a system for harders, dupers and high end gamers... the rest of the people ( casuals, new players, semi-casuals ) are going to be excluded from it due to the cost in collecties.

Most of the grind and ingredient cost is in the unbounds and the insightfuls.  Neither of which new or casual players need.  News and casuals can craft heroic gear with lower grind.

Most players don't remember how time and resource intensive old CC was when it was released and pre-duping. 

IP Logged

Distributed
Abbot Raider

Reply #62 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 12:54pm:
Most players don't remember how time and resource intensive old CC was when it was released and pre-duping. 

Indeed. Just spent about four hours crunching greaters into lessers and crafting shards to level from 142 to 150 in two schools.

Was probably 5000 greaters total for that. Luckily had years of them piled up but that would have been difficult to grind/buy back then.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #63 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
the price of the Purified Eberron Dragonshards is going to skyrocket on the ASAH.

They seriously have no fucking clue. It's priced so you can make one or two epic items per TR. How is anyone going to level to the point they can make one? Duping. Hoarders will gain a few levels. Only dupers will max before the heat death of the universe.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm:
They seriously have no fucking clue. It's priced so you can make one or two epic items per TR. How is anyone going to level to the point they can make one? Duping. Hoarders will gain a few levels. Only dupers will max before the heat death of the universe.

I don't know what's so hard to get the devs are petty unprofessional overgrown and over fed children. Everything they do is more about trying to find a way to get back at some portion of the player base that offended one of them. Be it dupers or raiders or event farmers. This one seems directed at getting back at people who asked for an update to a system they previously ignored. So unless you already had been into crafting and hoarding mats gtfo.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #65 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:12pm:

Aren't purifieds available for a 1 to 1 trade in with tokens?  So you have to grind a few out?  My understanding is you can level mostly on the ML shards, which dont require purifieds.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:46pm:
Aren't purifieds available for a 1 to 1 trade in with tokens?  So you have to grind a few out?  My understanding is you can level mostly on the ML shards, which dont require purifieds.

Yes.  Also tome crunching, although that stops at +2 tomes for some stupid reason.  Probably because that's all that existed when they created the system.  And also astral shards, and s/m/l eberron dragonshards.

So there are some options, but none of them are ideal.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:07pm
Print Post  

NoWorries says:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477782-Cannith-Crafting-Runearms-and-C...
Quote:
Now that everyone has had a chance to look at the basics of the system, it is time to talk about the outliers. And to note, existing items are intended to stay how they are when these changes go live.

Challenge Gear:

The current plan is to simply have all those items be named gear that can't be crafted on. With everything we've done over the past year to bring a new consistency to Random Loot, Crafted Loot and Named Loot, having a side system that has several effects AND can have new scaling effects crafted on in addition, is simply too powerful.

This change would switch any effects that have scaling versions, into those versions, and leave any more unique effects as they are. It would also result in all tier 3 items having a colored augment slot.

Runearms:

A similar issue exists with Runearms. Having 3 effects on an item which can then have 3 powerful crafted effects added is too much.

The most straightforward solution would appear to be that the charge tier, the spell itself, the rune arm imbue, the ML, and any very unique effects (such as Coronauch) would stay. The rest of the effects would be removed when prepping for crafting and then you could craft on 2 effects (or 3 using the Mark of House Cannith). The list of effects for Runearms is still being worked on.

Thoughts, comments? And as always, all plans are subject to change for any numerous and unforeseen reasons.

This kinda screws people who took an item to Tier III, since going from BtA to BtC in exchange for an augment slot is not worthwhile IMO.

And seriously, allowing runearms to have three added effects might be a single-source fix for the Artificer class.

But you know what?  Both of their proposed solutions show that they actually want to do things right and include everything that touches on Cannith in the Cannith update.  I am cautiously optimistic.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #68 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
the dupers are going to love the new system now that I've started checking it...

The ingredient cost is huge ( 10 rare collecties like soarwoods... or of the new kind + 5 PEDS [ or more ] )

In the end that new system is going to be dead as soon as it goes in game... there's  ( almost ) no way people will be able to level in it beyond what they have already reached, and there's no way people will waste the precious collecties on levelling, as they are going to need them to make the items they want.

Levelling can be done using ML shards only which only use essences, effects use the PED's in particular Insightful shards.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
NoWorries wrote:
Quote:
Now that everyone has had a chance to look at the basics of the system, it is time to talk about the outliers. And to note, existing items are intended to stay how they are when these changes go live.

Looking at this again, I see that this is one of those Turbine statements that can be read in a number of different ways.

Cordovan/Jerry made a statement a while back about anything crafted using NRL and the current CC sytem will be destroyed when the NewCC system goes live.
That statement was put up on the wiki:
Quote:
Cannith Crafting does not work correctly with new randomly-generated items. Please do not craft onto new randomly-generated items as these particular Cannith Crafted items will be destroyed in an upcoming patch.

But unfortunately whoever parked it there didn't link to any attribution.

When I first read the second sentence by NoWorries I thought she was reversing that "everything will be destroyed" statement, but after re-reading I see that I could be reading into it things that aren't there.  She could just mean that some items will remain the same.  She could mean a lot of different things, it's just too vague a statement to definitely tie to to anything specific.

But if Cordovan's statement stands, I bet there are going to be a whole lot of tickets generated once NewCC goes live and anything people have crafted onto NRL items (i.e. since U29) get destroyed.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #70 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Fuck, just read through 3 pages of whiney ass dogshit about fucking useless ass repeaters.  Turdbine is going to do whatever the fuck they want anyway.  So can you actually craft anything of use with the new system or what?  And yes you can still fucking reset the epic necro 4 chain and get all the +3->+4 upgrade tomes or ship amenities you want, you whiney ass bitches...
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:53pm by DiePaetus »  

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #71 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
You can make +15 stat, +7 insight with a 3rd effect item ML30, granted that is the very top end of the spectrum but yes you can certainly useful kit to say the least.

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #72 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:12pm:
You can make +15 stat, +7 insight with a 3rd effect item ML30, granted that is the very top end of the spectrum but yes you can certainly useful kit to say the least.

Thank you!  Who the fuck wants to run the shroud 10 times for an item you can craft.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #73 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Quote:
And to note, existing items are intended to stay how they are when these changes go live.

Screenshot + this quote = "Honestly, I thought that was WAI."

FTL wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:12pm:

Trinket will take any stat 15, 15 / 7. All you have to do is grind one or two hundred thousand New essences, and not get bottlenecked by collectables Tongue

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #74 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:19am
Print Post  
New system is nice.

Its a pain in the ass, but once we get the planner updated it'll be easier. Mainly its the fucking lack of information on different interfaces. The machine where you MAKE the shards doesn't tell you prefix/suffix/extra/slot. It took me about 10 tries to actually find a combination. But, hey, once we get that information worked out.

Also way too many things require new collectibles. Again its whatever, time will fix that, but for now it's kind of stupid.

All in all, it will be positive.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint