Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) cannith crafting (Read 30803 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: cannith crafting
Reply #75 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:36am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:19am:
The machine where you MAKE the shards doesn't tell you prefix/suffix/extra/slot. It took me about 10 tries to actually find a combination. But, hey, once we get that information worked out.

The tool tip on the crafted shard will tell you what item it works on. But only when the shard is in shared bank crafting storage.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #76 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Uh fun side-note: unlike the previous system, aug slots do not appear to impact ML. Meaning a yelow-sloted item with an ML 15 shard on it will get the same ML15 bonuses as an item with no augments.

Test case: ML 15 belt, no slots, no augments: Strength Shard gave it +8
ML 15 boots with a yellow slot, FF shard: Dex shard gave it... +8

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #77 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 2:10am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:36am:
The tool tip on the crafted shard will tell you what item it works on. But only when the shard is in shared bank crafting storage.

Or when it's in the item machine.

Any guesses as to why the fuck they can't just put all that info on the motherfucking shard? My theory: Properly-labeled items killed Cordovan's father.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 2:17am
Print Post  
DiePaetus wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:15pm:
Who the fuck wants to run the shroud 10 times for an item you can craft.

I'd really rather do both.  L Shroud exists right now as the apex challenge, and it's a bit of a rush to stomp it into the ground with a group of like-minded players.

New system is nice.

Its a pain in the ass, but once we get the planner updated it'll be easier. Mainly its the fucking lack of information on different interfaces. The machine where you MAKE the shards doesn't tell you prefix/suffix/extra/slot. It took me about 10 tries to actually find a combination. But, hey, once we get that information worked out.

Also way too many things require new collectibles. Again its whatever, time will fix that, but for now it's kind of stupid.

All in all, it will be positive.

Lack of information is pretty much status quo.  Currently you can craft a shard without having a clue where you can slot it wrt prefix, suffix, item slot.  Only when you're looking at an already created shard in the item crafting interface are you given that information.  A bit late to be helpful, since most people don't want to create shards at random and hope they will be able to use them for something, unless they are just trying to level.

But the wiki and the crafting tools available help with that, and I expect it'll be the same with NewCC.

"Also way too many things require new collectibles. Again its whatever, time will fix that, but for now it's kind of stupid."
This is an annoying bottleneck to be sure.  With ~500 collectables in the game, and a solid handful that have absolutely zero purpose at all at present, they should have been able to use those to fill in the blanks for NewCC.  And almost all of the useless collectables are tier 3 ones, so they aren't terribly prolific anyway.

At least leveling doesn't seem to require collectables, just huge piles of essences and probably some XP boosters (run the tutorial for +75% XP BtA pots) and success boosters (the tutorial can also help there, but they are BtC and you only get 5 per life) so people can save them for actually making things.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #79 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 2:28am
Print Post  
I have on the order of tens of thousands of essences, so no problem there. I've been hoarding them for quite some time. I think I'll muddle through making what I can when the system goes live, then just hoard collectables until the new planners go online.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #80 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Are they going to leave a legacy system anywhere to craft existing effects onto items? Or are all the bits I kept while I was levelling CC worthless now?

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #81 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:02am
Print Post  
New system is nice.

Its a pain in the ass, but once we get the planner updated it'll be easier. Mainly its the fucking lack of information on different interfaces. The machine where you MAKE the shards doesn't tell you prefix/suffix/extra/slot. It took me about 10 tries to actually find a combination. But, hey, once we get that information worked out.

Also way too many things require new collectibles. Again its whatever, time will fix that, but for now it's kind of stupid.

All in all, it will be positive.

I think you can search for "Extra, Suffix and Prefix" in the crafting machines for both the shards and the item so that should tell you what can go where.

kum-gulp wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:35am:
Are they going to leave a legacy system anywhere to craft existing effects onto items? Or are all the bits I kept while I was levelling CC worthless now?

The new Cannith Crafting update will completely replace the existing system. Anything left over from the previous incarnation of the system will not work with the new one.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #82 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:02am:
The new Cannith Crafting update will completely replace the existing system. Anything left over from the previous incarnation of the system will not work with the new one.

I have about a dozen holy shards that I can say goodbye to Sad

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #83 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
I have about a dozen holy shards that I can say goodbye to Sad

Yep. Deconstruct them now while you still can...

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

AsstralTraveler
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I just bought the crafting storage upgrade and looked at all my bags and thought, "Do I really have to unload and drag each item to the storage?"  So I drag my collectables bag and there they are.  Wait, why are there so many Amulets and prayer beads?  Stack of 99, WTF, the tiny bag does 1000.  Drag my ingredients bag; Shard Shard Shard Shard  WTF, at least you got the unload part working.  Drag them back and then restock.  Overall score for crafting storage 1/3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #85 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:02am:

Ok cheers. Another sad little notch on the Don't Bother post when debating returning. :/ Par for the course I guess.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #86 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 5:01pm:
Ok cheers. Another sad little notch on the Don't Bother post when debating returning. :/ Par for the course I guess.

Kinda depends on your perspective really, the new system will a lot more powerful based on what I have seen thus far on the mother forums and on Lammania. I think it's just a bit more strict on what can go where.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 3:02pm:

It's only a shame that the shards that took the most essences to craft, those useless +level ones that took 3 stacks of up to 1500 each to make, can't be deconstructed.  Nor can the shards that they haven't even released on Lamma, +enhance shards.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #88 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:35am:

They're leaving everyone a middle finger. That's the one Turbine system that's never been buggy.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #89 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:50am
Print Post  
AsstralTraveler wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 4:02pm:
I just bought the crafting storage upgrade and looked at all my bags and thought, "Do I really have to unload and drag each item to the storage?"  So I drag my collectables bag and there they are.  Wait, why are there so many Amulets and prayer beads?  Stack of 99, WTF, the tiny bag does 1000.  Drag my ingredients bag; Shard Shard Shard Shard  WTF, at least you got the unload part working.  Drag them back and then restock.  Overall score for crafting storage 1/3.

Nothing new here... It was discovered when the shared storage came in game.

Some stacks of 10K in bags, became stacks of 1K in your inventory and stayed stacks of 1K in the shared storage.
( when they didn't become stacks of 100 or 50 )

According to The Kobold That Jumped Ship Before Getting Fired this is WAI and bags needs to be fixed to stack the right way.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:52am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #90 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 3:02pm:

I deconed most of them. Will be keeping a few around for sentimental reasons.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #91 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 6:49pm:
It's only a shame that the shards that took the most essences to craft, those useless +level ones that took 3 stacks of up to 1500 each to make, can't be deconstructed.  Nor can the shards that they haven't even released on Lamma, +enhance shards.

Agreed.  I have no issues with the old system going away.  It was underpowered and shit for years.  But any items from it should be able to be translated into something.  Leaving you with stuff you just have to pitch out that you spent a lot of resources on is a poor choice.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #92 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Yeah, not being able to decon the Shards of potential or the +whatever shards is kind of a kick in the head.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #93 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:25pm:
They're leaving everyone a middle finger. That's the one Turbine system that's never been buggy.

Smiley

IP Logged

Dustynuts
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 2:10am:
Or when it's in the item machine.

Any guesses as to why the fuck they can't just put all that info on the motherfucking shard? My theory: Properly-labeled items killed Cordovan's father.

Shame killed Cordovans father.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #95 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:42am:
Agreed.  I have no issues with the old system going away.  It was underpowered and shit for years.  But any items from it should be able to be translated into something.  Leaving you with stuff you just have to pitch out that you spent a lot of resources on is a poor choice.

It's a consistent choice.

"Snowflake", The Turbine Mascot

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 12:50am:
Nothing new here... It was discovered when the shared storage came in game.

Yeah, but newly discovered idiocy isn't made any better just because it's old news to some.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #97 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 7:22pm:
It's a consistent choice.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kH1x1mtfg14/VDb2wz9mI0I/AAAAAAACCXk/jBhUusB_otA/s1600/...
"Snowflake", The Turbine Mascot

Smiley
LMAO, it's got the Turdbin attitude expressed with the FoS flair, the perfec mascot for them!

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #98 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:14pm:
You set the ML, sure.  Turbine sets where the effects fall.  You could end up with a +1 Shock (+1 electric damage on hit)  Diversion (-1 threat) Heartseeker (+1 damage on crit for 2x, +2 damage on crit for 3x, +3 damage on crit for 3x) of Craptasticness.

+3, 2d6 any elemental, deception, 4 seeker.  Roll Eyes

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:35pm:
+3, 2d6 any elemental, deception, 4 seeker

What ML? Also, SSOIDH

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5