Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) PSA - Put Masterful on Your Runearms Now (Read 9685 times)
QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Re: PSA - Put Masterful on Your Runearms Now
Reply #25 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I have a feeling the “Unique” effects will always be the shitty effects.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477782-Cannith-Crafting-Runearms-and-C...

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #26 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:57am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:57pm:
I have a feeling the “Unique” effects will always be the shitty effects.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477782-Cannith-Crafting-Runearms-and-C...

Your rune arm suggestion makes a ton of sense. I'm sorry. All it means is it will be that much more frustrating when Turbine decides to go with whatever fucking stupid plan they had already programmed before asking about it.

Also, RIP Cannith Challenge gear. We had some good times.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:57am:
Also, RIP Cannith Challenge gear. We had some good times.

They aren't dead yet.  If they remove the BtC penalty from the T3 items and also gave them the augment slot that would be fairly decent.

And I still think they should just let people craft 3 effects on rune arms and call it a class pass.  Win-win.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:51am:
They aren't dead yet.  If they remove the BtC penalty from the T3 items and also gave them the augment slot that would be fairly decent just some more of the same useless outdated bullshit all of the old quest rewards have become.

And I still think they should just let people craft 3 effects on rune arms and call it a class pass. start giving a shit about our opinions?

The ability to craft that gear is the only thing that's kept it (marginally) relevant.

Okay, that's an overreaction. And they're right; if challenge gear stays as is, then there's almost no reason for anyone to craft on anything but challenge gear. Except that it's BTC as is.

Well shit, now I've reversed my opinion again. The argument against leaving challenge gear alone actually boils down to: "But that would be a reward for grinding challenges on every toon".

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Oh crap. I just remembered we'll be able to turn any craftable item BTA, regardless of its current bind status.

I was really looking forward to moving some Tier 3 challenge gear to a different toon instead of dumping it.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
If I can make the Challenge gear (that's Craftable) spread across my toons BTA after all this I will go an entire year without making fun of Turbine.. I promise.

You have no idea how many Challenge items I used on a life, didn't need any more, then tossed because it was bound and I ran the fuck outa room.... Sad
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:08pm by ZooperDooper »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #31 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
I only ever made challenge gear at ML16 and ML20. The 15s all got reduced to 14. I never crafted on it because besides reducing the ML I wasn't underested.

I will be pissed if it gets made ML16 again, but other than that I actually think getting it turned BtA and adding augment slights might be an improvement. Though a lot of that comes from the fucking endless inventory nightmare....

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:07pm:
If I can make the Challenge gear (that's Craftable) spread across my toons BTA after all this I will go an entire year without making fun of Turbine.. I promise.

FYI. Under level 20 challenge gear has been -2 to level and BTA for years as long as you kept it at tier 2. Try deconning it at tier 2 then adding a master shard.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 5:07pm:

You have no idea how many Challenge items I used on a life, didn't need any more, then tossed because it was bound and I ran the fuck outa room.... Sad

Well that's a promise you probably won't be made to keep.  Their current plan, and really that means that it's already coded and is a done deal, is to remove the craftability from the challenge gear, which removes the ability to craft it into BtA binding, and replace that with an augment slot.

They also said they'd be setting the challenge gear effects which aren't unique to scale within the NRL system.

No word on the bind status, although many players have asked for that in the thread where NoWorries brought up this plan.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:20pm:
Try deconning it at tier 2 then adding a master shard.

This is why they can't find any other solution to Cannith Challenge gear. They are unable to code a "craftable" on/off switch that deconning won't switch on.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #35 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Im glad I came back from a break and checked this this thread. I've made a bunch of Challenge gear and never bothered to craft it.

It never occurred to me to Masterful Craft that shit.

Probably because crafting itself is so fuckin' tedious I couldn't bring myself to walk to the crafting hall.

And I have one on my airship. 

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #36 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:57am:
Your rune arm suggestion makes a ton of sense. I'm sorry. All it means is it will be that much more frustrating when Turbine decides to go with whatever fucking stupid plan they had already programmed before asking about it.

At the very least, he can’t say no one gave him ideas.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint