Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Anything to do before Cannith crafting update ? (Read 19995 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Anything to do before Cannith crafting update ?
Reply #25 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
Frank, the “groups” you quoted have absolutely nothing to do with where you can slot them.

Well, fuck me...  There are three 'groups' and you can put three affects on an item (two w/o using master craft if I'm understanding it correctly) so it seemed to follow that the 3 groups corresponded to the 3 item slots.

That's how I read it, at least, and fuck if it doesn't seem to make sense as they presented the information.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:17pm:
That's how I read it, at least, and fuck if it doesn't seem to make sense as they presented the information.

To be fair, presenting information in rational, meaningful ways is not one of turbine's strengths. And when you're just trying to unravel the workings of a system based on forum posts, its even worse.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #27 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:17pm:
Well, fuck me...  There are three 'groups' and you can put three affects on an item (two w/o using master craft if I'm understanding it correctly) so it seemed to follow that the 3 groups corresponded to the 3 item slots.

If it makes you feel any better, you still have the question of “What level of shard generates what level of stat?” to get pissed off over!  Grin

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:21pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:21pm:
A few things to keep in mind:

Cannith crafting actual items requires Purified Dragonshards and collectibles.  Both of which appear to be grindy.

While I think the relationship to LGS will change, I think it will be for the better.  The Random loot system is stingy as hell with useful 3 enhancement items.  So, slotting your stat items and a LGS item was more trouble than it's worth.  This new system may make that less of an issue.

We have no idea how powerful or costly the Legendary Slavers crafted items will be.  It may make the high end Cannith grind more trouble than it's worth.

From the info on the wiki the slavers sets lack a form of insightful stats completely AND attributes go only as prefix ( so no double stat items) which will make new CC king... But we will see, I guess.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #29 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:21pm:
From the info on the wiki the slavers sets lack a form of insightful stats completely AND attributes go only as prefix ( so no double stat items) which will make new CC king... But we will see, I guess.

It depends on what NoWorries meant by “Attributes”.  Enhancement and Insight bonuses may fall under that category.  Also, Slavers 4th slot will have access to Quality Stats.  And then there are the set bonuses.  (Too… many… bonus… types)

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
What are these slavers sets you're talking about?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #31 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:58pm:

Edit, ahhh, forgot, whole new crafting system, what fun!

Side note: wtf is with all the ML28 gear? The last like 7 updates have been ML28 gear. How about some more early and mid epic gear already?!
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 7:11pm by noamineo »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #33 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 7:04pm:
Edit, ahhh, forgot, whole new crafting system, what fun!

Side note: wtf is with all the ML28 gear? The last like 7 updates have been ML28 gear. How about some more early and mid epic gear already?!

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Otto%27s_Irresistible_Box

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #34 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
I'll try to get some more details this weekend, but I keep reading “To level, use your essences to craft the Minimum Level shards.”  (Apparently the minimum level shards only require essences to craft.)  That implies to me that we won’t be seeing a lot of useless shards.

This is correct, ML shards only use essences and nothing else though the cost does get pretty fucking crazy (700 essences per recipe in a number of cases).
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:31pm by FTL »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 8:29pm:
This is correct, ML shards only use essences and nothing else though the cost does get pretty fucking crazy (700 essences per recipe in a number of cases).

That's not horrible.  The +shards were topping out at something like 1500 lesser essences, and it took 3 stacks.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:35pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 1:26am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 6:44pm:
It depends on what NoWorries meant by “Attributes”.  Enhancement and Insight bonuses may fall under that category.  Also, Slavers 4th slot will have access to Quality Stats.  And then there are the set bonuses.  (Too… many… bonus… types)

Yeah, "attributes" might include insightful but as it stands now it's all on prefix... So it will be just a bigger clusterfuck to fit all needed stats + (maybe) insightful, still new CC would be undisputed king, unless the prefix thing changes and even if it does would be a toss up lol

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #37 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Sort where you want your quivers. Old crafted ammo is borked on Lama, and you know that means it's likely to go live that way.

Don't go grinding BTA items: The new "bound" shards are making items BTA, not BTC.
(An unbound cloak with an augment slot becomes BTA. Mighty convenient! Also probably the last hurrah for the Sharn Syndicate Cheesy )

New "unbound" shards leave the items unbound: No more BTCoE.

DR breakers now say they break the appropriate DR. (Didn't test to see if they're lying.)

ML 30 = 15/7. However, some items won't allow both, and of course, no flexible shards. What a fucking PITA.

Some other ML 30 values
Spell power: 159/79
Skills: 22/11
Deadly: 12/5
Elemental/Light/Neg/Poison Resist: 57/28
Wpn/Guard effect: 7d6

All Wpns are +0 for the moment, since there are no enhancement recipes yet.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #38 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:49am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 5:57pm:
If it makes you feel any better, you still have the question of “What level of shard generates what level of stat?” to get pissed off over!  Grin

That is going to be an absolute bitch to work out  Shocked

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:42am:
Sort where you want your quivers. Old crafted ammo is borked on Lama, and you know that means it's likely to go live that way.

Don't go grinding BTA items: The new "bound" shards are making items BTA, not BTC.
(An unbound cloak with an augment slot becomes BTA. Mighty convenient! Also probably the last hurrah for the Sharn Syndicate Cheesy )

New "unbound" shards leave the items unbound: No more BTCoE.

DR breakers now say they break the appropriate DR. (Didn't test to see if they're lying.)

ML 30 = 15/7. However, some items won't allow both, and of course, no flexible shards. What a fucking PITA.

Some other ML 30 values
Spell power: 159/79
Skills: 22/11
Deadly: 12/5
Elemental/Light/Neg/Poison Resist: 57/28
Wpn/Guard effect: 7d6

So basically higher end random gen values but customizeable Smiley Good, I hated rangen loot lol
Any chance to check spell lores and/or spell focus values?
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:38am by LurkYouRongTime »  

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #40 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
In other words tl;dr you don't have to care about anything because the new system is far superior

... unless ... I read something about heavy fort getting thrown out? You could make a 100% fort ring at lvl7, so will there still be a) fort and b) will you get 100% at that early level? We know that current random loot usually only has fort below 100% in the level range 1-20 IIRC.

And I read something about banes. Ok, how many banes have I used in the last 5 years?  Roll Eyes

But Frank's list http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1471016059/23#23 shows both of those effects are still there. Was I just reading bs like "[Keep] All your favorite ML 9 +6 stat items"?

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #41 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:15am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:33am:
Any chance to check spell lores and/or spell focus values?

I started tracking RanGen loot values recently. Was fairly easy to plug CC numbers in. I'll have a more complete list soon or never, depending on whether Lama's still there when I wake up.

For now,
Individual Spell Lores: 23 (No insightful, unless it shows up once I figure out how to get past crafting level ~380.)
Universal Spell Lore: A deep fried farting 13.
Potency: 111
Individual Spell DC: 6
Insightful: Haven't seen it.

Ran out of one of the fucking collectibles, so I'm missing 10 or so shards until I can copy over one of my insane barrel-smashing, t-bag collecting toons.

P.S. - Fortification follows the same numbers Spell Power does.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #42 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:26am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:11am:
In other words tl;dr you don't have to care about anything because the new system is far superior

... unless ... I read something about heavy fort getting thrown out? You could make a 100% fort ring at lvl7, so will there still be a) fort and b) will you get 100% at that early level? We know that current random loot usually only has fort below 100% in the level range 1-20 IIRC.

And I read something about banes. Ok, how many banes have I used in the last 5 years?  Roll Eyes

But Frank's list http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1471016059/23#23 shows both of those effects are still there. Was I just reading bs like "[Keep] All your favorite ML 9 +6 stat items"?

banes are in the list of effects available for CC loot.  Haven't seen any crafted yet or the scaling on them.

Keep your ML 9 stat items is BS.  This can make +6 with insightful +2 at ML 10 and a 3rd effect.  You can get +5 stat/+1 execptional stat at level 8.  With a 3rd effect.  The only thing the current system offers for +6 stat at ML 9 is that you can flex it onto something else.

But it seems to me that dedicating an entire slot to one effect when you could have 3 is going to be a, mostly, weaker choice.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #43 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 12th, 2016 at 4:54pm:
It is entirely accurate.

Bolds for emphasis.  Attributes are only shown as a Group 3 affect.  That doesn't just imply that you can't put an attribute in any other slot, it outright states it.

No.  It's 100% wrong.  Stop arguing about it.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:15am:
I started tracking RanGen loot values recently. Was fairly easy to plug CC numbers in. I'll have a more complete list soon or never, depending on whether Lama's still there when I wake up.

For now,
Individual Spell Lores: 23 (No insightful, unless it shows up once I figure out how to get past crafting level ~380.)
Universal Spell Lore: A deep fried farting 13.
Potency: 111
Individual Spell DC: 6
Insightful: Haven't seen it.

Ran out of one of the fucking collectibles, so I'm missing 10 or so shards until I can copy over one of my insane barrel-smashing, t-bag collecting toons.

Bumer. Was hoping for 7 on spell focus and (at least) 3 on insightful spell focus, seeing how many of those are in random gen even... Universal spell lore also sucks ass, oh well, guess we are waiting for the slaver's sets.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:42am:

That's sweet.  I wonder if that will remain until live?  The BtA items from Red Fens, etc. were so completely handy as portable twink gear, but just making stuff BtA via NewCC will be even better.

Quote:

LOL.

Revaulting wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:15am:

I pull NRL items with well under 100 Fort all the way up to ML20 gear.  Dunno about higher because I'm doing some TRing at the moment.  OldCC lets you make 100 fort at ML9, ML7 with a master craft item.  And then there are the augments, which are ML8 but require a blue slot.

Fort is one area players will probably have to hope Turbine will 'fix' in NewCC, because running around at 16th level with a 54% fort item on is a recipe for becoming a soul stone quite often.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:05pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

DiePaetus
Korthos Resident

Stay Hard!

Reply #46 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Heavy fort is a ML 8 augment.  Who the fuck cares about crafting a heavy fort item?

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #47 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:58pm:
16th level with a 54% fort

Robot master race rises again?

I made a fair number of Min II GS accessories a long, long time ago.

For a while I was happy, then I was unhappy for a long time after that.

Now I will be happy again, I guess.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
How is melee/ranged alacrity?  In the old system you could get 10% at min lvl 1

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #49 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Oh, did I forget to mention? Most of the old Cannith crafted shards will get stuck in your ingredients bag. I'm not sure which is better: taking them out beforehand will likely see them simply disappear. Or get stuck invisibly & unmoveably in your inventory.

Better to crunch them now, unless the devs fix that. There's I guess, some hope, since you can't crunch new shards yet either. (But the new shards don't get stuck in the bag.)

slowertraffic wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 11:13pm:
How is melee/ranged alacrity?  In the old system you could get 10% at min lvl 1

So far I can only tell you about ML 30 (Treasure Level 34). It's 15% at (34).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint