Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC (Read 31756 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC
Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477767-My-experience-leveling-from-1-t...

Great thread. Easy as pie looks like. Vast improvement over old system.

I have over 100k essences I've been saving for 3 years, since I have 0 levels.

It's good to see that getting to 311ish is reasonable.

Peace mooks.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Fucking doomsayers about the system are retarded as usual.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:00pm:
Fucking doomsayers about the system are retarded as usual.

Do you even read?  47,156 cannith essences and 1540 TP is great for a p2w game, but even a VIP player who doesn't want to spend dollars in addition to their VIP status isn't going to be throwing 1540 TP in a pile of success boosters. 

1540 TP is just over 3 months of 500 TP/month for the VIP, so 25% of a yearly subscription.  And 47,156 cannith essences is a huge number.  I have piles of the old essences and there's no way I'll have even close to that number even after converting.

So dupers who bothered to dupe essences will be looking ok, as long as they don't mind spending the TP.  Or hell, maybe dupers won't need to bother spending TP on success boosters because they'll just use their 500k essences instead.

It's not doom, but it's not "Oh, sweet!  I'll be leveling to cap on day 1!" either.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Satanscock
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:22pm:
Do you even read?  47,156 cannith essences and 1540 TP is great for a p2w game, but even a VIP player who doesn't want to spend dollars in addition to their VIP status isn't going to be throwing 1540 TP in a pile of success boosters. 

1540 TP is just over 3 months of 500 TP/month for the VIP, so 25% of a yearly subscription.  And 47,156 cannith essences is a huge number.  I have piles of the old essences and there's no way I'll have even close to that number even after converting.

So dupers who bothered to dupe essences will be looking ok, as long as they don't mind spending the TP.  Or hell, maybe dupers won't need to bother spending TP on success boosters because they'll just use their 500k essences instead.

It's not doom, but it's not "Oh, sweet!  I'll be leveling to cap on day 1!" either.

/this

It is super easy if you buy enough cheats!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
It's only 50k essences to get there.

I'm looking at 1.2million for 10k lessers (5:1), so

about 1.2million per 2k essences in plat

so If you're plat capped on any toon, that's about 8k essences.

just fyi if you need that many

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2016 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
If you were already capped, then its about 25k essences to reach 311.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Who the heck is slarden?

And do you need real TP on Lammania?

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:24am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:14am:
Who the heck is slarden?

And do you need real TP on Lammania?

A mild tard. There's a dude called sir points a lot in the dojo. Click for 10k points~

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:32am
Print Post  
So how many essences without those store items ?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:16am
Print Post  
47k essences is nothing.  That's about 180 hours of gameplay.  Even casual, 5 hour per week players should have that many if they were bothering to decon instead of vendoring their trash gear.

1500 TP is like $20 worth.  Less on a double points weekend.  If you don't want to spend that, then maybe you can't do it in a day.  Maybe you can.  Just depends.  It might take a week or two. Oh, well.  Maybe you can't get the best of the best on the first day something is released.  Kinda odd in a world where players are used to being able to get 20 completions of new raids on the first day it's out. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 10:16am:
47k essences is nothing.  That's about 180 hours of gameplay.  Even casual, 5 hour per week players should have that many if they were bothering to decon instead of vendoring their trash gear.

1500 TP is like $20 worth.  Less on a double points weekend.  If you don't want to spend that, then maybe you can't do it in a day.  Maybe you can.  Just depends.  It might take a week or two. Oh, well.  Maybe you can't get the best of the best on the first day something is released.  Kinda odd in a world where players are used to being able to get 20 completions of new raids on the first day it's out. 

+1

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  

Yeah, and I consider this rather a bad thing if no real grind is required to max the crafting skill, So everyone can make +7 insightful ability items by the end of the month, just like that, without effort? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
47k essences is nothing.  That's about 180 hours of gameplay.

At cap, maybe.  Deconning lower level stuff brings in lower amounts of essences.

And 180 hours is a month and a half at a full time job...  You're not really making a much of a point here if you're trying to say, as it appears you are, how easy it will be to level NewCC.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #13 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:51am:
Yeah, and I consider this rather a bad thing if no real grind is required to max the crafting skill, So everyone can make +7 insightful ability items by the end of the month, just like that, without effort?

First, let's just go and be ridiculous and agree that 180 hours of game play is "without effort".
And 311 is not maxed, but whatever. We're still looking at a collectables choke point. High-level =/ able to make items. For that, you have to grind collectables.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #14 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 6:44pm:
At cap, maybe.  Deconning lower level stuff brings in lower amounts of essences.

And 180 hours is a month and a half at a full time job...  You're not really making a much of a point here if you're trying to say, as it appears you are, how easy it will be to level NewCC.

My point is that even if you weren't a duper and weren't interested in old CC, if you started doing it when they announced new CC was coming 6 months ago, then you would easily have enough essences, even playing 5 hours a week. 

I played for 4 hours today leveling from 24-26 on an E-TR and picked up 1500 essences.  (actually about 350 greater and 5700 lesser).  And I wasn't really going out of my way.  Just looting the chests that were there and deconning instead of vendoring shit. 

I'm trying to say that people who haven't bothered deconning and haven't bothered clicking collectibles as they zerg by are at a bit of a disadvantage vs. those who did put in the effort.  And I'm ok with that.  If you are someone who bypassed these parts of the game strictly for XP/min zerging, then that's fine, but I don't think that systems need to be designed to cater to that playstyle.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 7:17pm:
First, let's just go and be ridiculous and agree that 180 hours of game play is "without effort".
And 311 is not maxed, but whatever. We're still looking at a collectables choke point. High-level =/ able to make items. For that, you have to grind collectables.

it's not without effort, but it's not that difficult.  Even at 5 hours per week, you can easily get 6k per month. And at that casual rate, it should take you a while to get it done.  Just like it will take you a while to make LGS or Thunderforged at 5 hours per week. 

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:03pm:
weren't interested in old CC

This is the player demographic best positioned to enjoy New CC, because they won't be getting an immediate and visceral reminder of how often and reliably Turbine makes past efforts worthless. Least likely group to care, but again, whatevs.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #17 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 9:12am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 14th, 2016 at 8:05pm:
it's not without effort, but it's not that difficult.  Even at 5 hours per week, you can easily get 6k per month. And at that casual rate, it should take you a while to get it done.  Just like it will take you a while to make LGS or Thunderforged at 5 hours per week. 

But that's at cap. A new player has to collect and decon far longer, and that's where the potential problem is. I haven't looked at the recipes yet, but unless they laid them out so lower level characters can get really good stuff with a far lower number of essences and without high level collectibles, the design is a fail, just another boost for the players who need it least and widening the gap between them and new players.

How long do you have to play at levels 1 to 10 to decon enough to make the basics like UWA, feather falling, stat +4, ghost touch, heavy fort, etc? I don't mean top tier, holy instead of holy burst is fine, but can a new casual player cover the bases at, say, 3/4 power in 6 months?

The committed will grind for the last 1/4, the new will give up and leave if it looks like an investment of a year or more to even come close, so it has to be steep gain curve at the start and diminishing returns only much later to be a success, did they manage that?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #18 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 9:36am
Print Post  
I havn't counted the exact number (I'd estimate 50-100k) but I have stacks and stacks of greater essences to turn in and my crafter is @ 140/140/141.  I should be able to level up to useful levels quickly.

In addition, I have a Huge collectibles bag that is not exactly bursting at the seems but is pretty effing full of old world collectibles that I am sure will get eatin' up quickly.

However, all the bound recipes make an item BTA so I can level up doing ML shards and save the collectibles for the BTA best in slot gear that "fits" with most heroic/epic leveling gear. 

I am planning on ETRing my crafter (who is capped as a Tempest Ranger atm) soon or shortly after the update.
Should get a feel for the new collectible drop rate, level-up crafting and make some gear while getting an EPL.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 9:12am:
But that's at cap. A new player has to collect and decon far longer, and that's where the potential problem is. I haven't looked at the recipes yet, but unless they laid them out so lower level characters can get really good stuff with a far lower number of essences and without high level collectibles, the design is a fail, just another boost for the players who need it least and widening the gap between them and new players.

How long do you have to play at levels 1 to 10 to decon enough to make the basics like UWA, feather falling, stat +4, ghost touch, heavy fort, etc? I don't mean top tier, holy instead of holy burst is fine, but can a new casual player cover the bases at, say, 3/4 power in 6 months?

The committed will grind for the last 1/4, the new will give up and leave if it looks like an investment of a year or more to even come close, so it has to be steep gain curve at the start and diminishing returns only much later to be a success, did they manage that?

The early XP curve is easier than the old one, is my understanding.  But I don't have to actually level through it so I can't say for sure.  New players don't do lama, so I doubt anyone will know until it is live.

I agree with you that the system should be backloaded, for the most part.  Make it easier for new crafters to get in and be able to make bound,  non-insightful 1-10 and even 1-20 gear relatively quickly.  Heck, even make 20-30 bound, regular gear not too bad to read.  Put the pain on being able to craft the 20-30, unbound, insightful gear.  It's my understanding that a lot of the heavy collectibles and PED costs also come in those areas.   

Thing is, for new players, deconstruction can be a PITA.  Poor inventory space, small bags, may not be guilded.  Boats are best access to crafting, so if you don't have one that has a crafting state room, that could be a barrier too.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:33am
Print Post  
For those of you who, like me, missed out on all of the dup-a-paloozas and are super worried about being able to craft uber twink gear on day 1....

Remember to get out there and start running the Cannith Crafting Tutorial quest on alts.  Finishing this very demanding 60s quest results in the option to take a 30min +75% crafting experience elixir or 5x 25% Success boosters.  All these are BtA so drop in the shared bank, rinse and repeat.  No need to spend TP on success boosters or XP elixirs.

As to essences... through normal play since crafting was introduced, I have something like 5k greaters and maybe 8k lessers for each type.  That'd be something like 60k greaters and 96k lessers.  I'm not too worried that I'll need to spend any TP to get to 300+ crafting level on day one...

Depending upon lag and bugs of course.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #21 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:12am:
The early XP curve is easier than the old one, is my understanding.  But I don't have to actually level through it so I can't say for sure.  New players don't do lama, so I doubt anyone will know until it is live.

I agree with you that the system should be backloaded, for the most part.  Make it easier for new crafters to get in and be able to make bound,  non-insightful 1-10 and even 1-20 gear relatively quickly.  Heck, even make 20-30 bound, regular gear not too bad to read.  Put the pain on being able to craft the 20-30, unbound, insightful gear.  It's my understanding that a lot of the heavy collectibles and PED costs also come in those areas.   

Thing is, for new players, deconstruction can be a PITA.  Poor inventory space, small bags, may not be guilded.  Boats are best access to crafting, so if you don't have one that has a crafting state room, that could be a barrier too.   

That's actually a relief. I don't want it just handed to new players, but I don't want it to seem impossibly far, either. It's a delicate balancing act and historically Turbine has failed miserably at those, so I worried this would be a repeat. New players already pay a big price for decon, they should get good bang for the time they invest.

As you've pointed out, the most efficient way to get essences is to decon your end game loot on your ship crafting hall. A first lifer in a guild with a few RL friends has to make a ton of trips to the crafting hall to decon, and that means that if he joins a group with some TRs he'll have to drop out soon because they aren't going to take the inefficient path he is.

Turbine also seems unable to grasp asymetric costs, making "good" stuff too easy for powerful characters isn't really a problem because they still have "great" stuff to grind for, but making "good" too hard for normal players shuts down an entire subsystem that otherwise would help keep those players engaged in the game.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #22 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 9:12am:
basics like UWA, feather falling, ghost touch

Literally none of this could be made on Lama, whatever your crafting level. "Heavy" fort could probably be cobbled together out of fort & insightful fort somewhere in the teens.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:52am:
Literally none of this could be made on Lama, whatever your crafting level. "Heavy" fort could probably be cobbled together out of fort & insightful fort somewhere in the teens.

The teens crafting level or ML? And they went to Lam without FF, UWA, and Ghost Touch?! Ah, there's the old Turdbin I know and despise, what a bunch of incompetent turdblossoms Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #24 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:52am:

Ghost Touch is in NoWorries list for Cannith only effects (Ghostbane will only be available on Random Loot, according to him)

Quote:
Cannith:
Metalline
Alligned
Everbright
Blueshine
Ghost Touch
Invulnerability
Vengeful
Unbalancing
Twilight
Lesser Arcane Spell Dexterity
Songblade
Slowburst/Improved Slowburst
Regeneration
Persuasion
Fearsome
Silver Flame/Sacred/Eternal Faith
Efficient Metamagic
Blindness Immunity
True Seeing

Source: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477194-Cannith-Crafting-More-Info-Reca...

I don't recall about UA and FF, but, honestly, are you wasting one of your 3 effects on those?  Just slap them in a ML 4 yellow slot.  Items you can cleanse for crafting with augment slots are plentiful on the AH and let's not pretend that yellow ML 4 augments are hard to get.

Sure, in old CC they were a nice second effect add to something because they are only a +1 modifier so they had a very small effect on the ML, but that's not how the new crafting works.  Now, especially on anything over ML 10, you would be giving up significant power by giving a scaling slot to a non-scaling effect.    (I'm pretending that anybody actually needs or uses UA for the purposes of this discussion, which is pretty much a joke, but feather fall is legit).   
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:30am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint