Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC (Read 31731 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC
Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:14am:
The teens crafting level or ML? And they went to Lam without FF, UWA, and Ghost Touch?! Ah, there's the old Turdbin I know and despise, what a bunch of incompetent turdblossoms Roll Eyes

Fort is fucked up.  No doubt about it.  They switched to percentages and now, your best bet is cobble together an ML 4 moderate fort blue augment and an insightful fort effect.  That will get you 100%, total, by level 6-8, iirc.  But the base fort effect scales way to fucking slowly.  They screwed the pooch on that one, unless I'm missing something.

The problem they have is that they gave out 100% at ML 9/11 for years.  ML 8 on the augment.  Then nothing more until epic levels.  Now they come back and want to smooth out the scale and they don't want 400-500% fort at level 30.  So they have to fuck the level 1-12 range to get the scaling they want 1-30.  Which nobody who has been playing for years cares about because we all have low ML Fort items laying around for TR's.  But new players and people who dumped older gear to clean up space are kinda SoL.

If an augment system revamp comes, I suspect those blue ML 8 heavy fort augments will be disappearing.   

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:28am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:14am:
And they went to Lam without FF, UWA, and Ghost Touch?!

Did you expect anything else ?

FF and UWA got almost forgotten in the new random loot, and while they did add FF and you can find it, UWA is rare... very rare.

I'm not certain, but I think they don't like these abilities and just want to get rid of them ( phat chance with the number of people that have these items stored in banks. )

IIRC there was something about ghostbane being automatically applied to all weapons up to a point... now I can't be certain.

Anyway, Ghostbane was a stupid move by Plume De Soleil, the old Ghost Touch, Undead Bane and Disruption are clearer and overal better.

Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:28am:
, your best bet is cobble together an ML 4 moderate fort blue augment and an insightful fort effect.  That will get you 100%, total, by level 6-8, iirc.

Then it's better than Heavy Fort that used to be ML 9.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 1:45pm:
ML 7

FTFY

IP Logged

LordHumungus
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Just an FYI for anyone planning to run the tutorials on alts, the 25% success boosters are BtC, only the xp boost is BtA.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Crap... good catch.  That's gonna put a damper on my plans.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #30 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:20am:
Just slap them in a ML 4 yellow slot.  Items you can cleanse for crafting with augment slots are plentiful on the AH and let's not pretend that yellow ML 4 augments are hard to get.

You're mistaking the entire point. Everybody knows how to work around the Turbine dick in their mouth. What you're hearing is that not everybody wants it there.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #31 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:56pm:
You're mistaking the entire point. Everybody knows how to work around the Turbine dick in their mouth. What you're hearing is that not everybody wants it there.

You're on a roll, man, got a 3rd?
Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #32 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
I think you guys may have more essences than you realize.  I sent all my essences to my main crafter before copying him to Lammaland and wound up with a little over 190K.  Your greater essences convert at a 1:1 ratio, and the lessers convert at a 5:1 ratio.  (This is years worth of essences, with little essence crunching.)

Slarden used +35% boosters exclusively.  I'm sure that you can make do with a mixture of Store bought/Favor Vendor bought boosters.

EDIT: I'm now reading he did the high risk recipes.  My experience was with recipes that started at 40%+ before the booster.

With 2 of the +75% elixirs, I had gone from level 260 to level 336 and had around 30K essences left.  And I wasted essences until I started getting into the groove of leveling.  The trick appears to be paying attention to how much XP you get per essence.  (You can see the XP potion modified value in the crafting machine interface!)  If your XP per essence is less than 1.25:1, stop using that recipe.  This means using bound shards until you hit that threshold, and then switching to the unbound version.

As mentioned before, don't obsess about hitting crafting level 400.  Just go until you can craft a Minimum Level 30(+4) bound shard and you will be set for making all the bound shards you'll need.
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:11pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 6:00pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477767-My-experience-leveling-from-1-t...

I have over 100k essences I've been saving for 3 years, .

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  My ass, the same way you 'earned' all those immortal hearts?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:06am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 8:59pm:
(You can see the XP potion modified value in the crafting machine interface!)

People keep saying this like it is amazing or something.  It is not amazing, or new, or even interesting.  It is exactly how the current CC system works.  Swallow an XP pot and the interface shows you the adjusted XP totals.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #35 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:06am:
People keep saying this like it is amazing or something.  It is not amazing, or new, or even interesting.  It is exactly how the current CC system works.  Swallow an XP pot and the interface shows you the adjusted XP totals.

Maybe they are amazed because it shows the right value? I mean, it's programmed by Turdbin, so you'd expect it to show the wrong value, or maybe show an old value and overwrite the new value when you closed it, undoing your gains if you made any with it open.

It's a tiny thing done right that you'd expect a competent team to pump out by the boatload every update, but we don't have a competent team, we have "enjoy the new system" Turdbin, so a little thing done right is big news! The new system fails on basic effects, but they got the display right.

Turdbin doing a basic something right is like a baby taking a few staggering steps - if an adult did it nobody would be excited, but the fact that the baby did it makes it special.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 6:43am:
Turdbin doing a basic something right is like a baby taking a few staggering steps - if an adult did it nobody would be excited, but the fact that the baby did it makes it special.

Heh, ok.  That reminds me of the Neil DeGrasse Tyson speech about how we're 1% different from a chimp and yet we proudly display our children's crap on our refrigerators, and how a hypothetical alien race that is just another 1% smarter than  us could treat our best and brightest as just the most precocious of an otherwise idiot species that we would not bother to try to communicate with.

Awww, that guy Stephen Hawking can do differential calculus in his head, how precious!  So can little Johnie, we've got his latest child-like work tacked to our refrigerator door...

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #37 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:02pm:
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  My ass, the same way you 'earned' all those immortal hearts?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

=p

It spread like aids about a month after I found it.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:54am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #38 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:43am
Print Post  

This is what I'm working on now.
We are getting closer.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:55am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #39 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:03am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 6:56pm:

And you are mistaking the fact that everyone has Turbine's dick in their mouth just because you feel like you do.  What you are hearing is that not everybody does. 

We're talking about UA and FF, FFS.  Queue the Allen Iverson meme of "We talkin bout PRACTICE?!?"  Let me know when something that actually matters comes up.

The following would be a bigger deal, imo:

1)  If you lose rune arm crafting
2)  If you lose cannith challenge crafting
3)  The heavy fort loss at ML 7
4)  The inability to decon old shards of potential
5)  The loss of flex shards
6)  The heavy use of PED's some recipes

I think it is a sad commentary on how shitty old CC was that the primary uses for it were crafting UA, FF, GFL and Fort items for level 7 and lower characters.  That doesn't even qualify as a niche system.   

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #40 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:30am:
Heh, ok.  That reminds me of the Neil DeGrasse Tyson speech about how we're 1% different from a chimp and yet we proudly display our children's crap on our refrigerators, and how a hypothetical alien race that is just another 1% smarter than  us could treat our best and brightest as just the most precocious of an otherwise idiot species that we would not bother to try to communicate with.

Awww, that guy Stephen Hawking can do differential calculus in his head, how precious!  So can little Johnie, we've got his latest child-like work tacked to our refrigerator door...

LOL, I missed that one, that's great.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #41 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:03am:
I think it is a sad commentary on how shitty old CC was that the primary uses for it were crafting UA, FF, GFL and Fort items for level 7 and lower characters.  That doesn't even qualify as a niche system.   

?dafuq?
I have never crafted an UA item or even used one for 6 years or more.  I am sure most people could out swim the need for air on every toon every build if they tried.  However, I suppose with *some* quests that people are learning UA can be a godsend.

FF is (and generally has been) easy to obtain and not even 100% full time required.

GFL @ level 7...such a marginal benefit (at best) after 3 or more PLs worth of the game.

A Heavy Fort item at level 7 seemed fucking awesome. However, real game experience has shown me 25% doesn't really do that much and 75% is fine. (sometimes even up to cap when you include IPLs, Ship buffs,  Enh, WF/BF)

By the time you really need more Fortification it is everywhere and easily slotted.

For me NONE of these are matters of concern.  YMMV

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #42 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:03am:
The following would be a bigger deal, imo:

1)  If you lose rune arm crafting
2)  If you lose cannith challenge crafting
3)  The heavy fort loss at ML 7
4)  The inability to decon old shards of potential
5)  The loss of flex shards
6)  The heavy use of PED's some recipes

All of that too, Turdbin dick is like chicken - so versitile it's in your mouth in every week  Sad

People may be bitching about a relatively minor thing, but the point is that there are so many things to bitch about right out of the gate.

And I agree that it's sad how low it had fallen, they put a lot of work into making it and people put a lot of work into leveling in it. It's even more sad, though, that they couldn't be big enough to pass on the opportunity to give the customers a big steaming FU with their new system. It would have added so little to their work to add recipes for stuff like FF, UWA, and deconstruction of all of your old shards. They could have made it like the Shard of Potential that took any essence, take any old shard and return new ingredients based on its level.

I'll still use the new system, but I'll be pissed at Turdbin for pushing it out incomplete and poorly balanced, and that will engender resentment not gratitude. That represents a serious missed opportunity for Turbine, if they put in his much work, they should have put in just a little more and they'd have gotten so much higher return on their effort.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #43 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:31am:
?dafuq?
I have never crafted an UA item or even used one for 6 years or more.  I am sure most people could out swim the need for air on every toon every build if they tried.  However, I suppose with *some* quests that people are learning UA can be a godsend.

FF is (and generally has been) easy to obtain and not even 100% full time required.

GFL @ level 7...such a marginal benefit (at best) after 3 or more PLs worth of the game.

A Heavy Fort item at level 7 seemed fucking awesome. However, real game experience has shown me 25% doesn't really do that much and 75% is fine. (sometimes even up to cap when you include IPLs, Ship buffs,  Enh, WF/BF)

By the time you really need more Fortification it is everywhere and easily slotted.

For me NONE of these are matters of concern.  YMMV

I don't give a fuck about any of them either.  But some people are making a mountain out of a mole hill that they can't craft this stupid, lame low level twink gear that they use for 30-40 minutes per life, if that. 

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #44 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 10:02pm:

He never said he did not dupe them, he simply stated it took 3 years to get to where he was. This would not be considered a lie among jedi or aes'sedai.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #45 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:45am:
But some people are making a mountain out of a mole hill that they can't craft this stupid, lame low level twink gear that they use for 30-40 minutes per life, if that. 

It's less a mountain made out of one mole-hill than a mountain made of many mole-hills.

New players with first time characters on their first life benefit greatly from "this stupid, lame low level twink gear", and it's shitty (but expected) of Turbine to hand-wave their dismissive negligence away.

It was nice to be able to whip up an FF or UWA item for a new player.  They would usually interpret the act as generous and often "pay it forward" when possible, it promoted some interest in the crafting system, and these things together don't exactly hurt customer retention.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #46 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
It's less a mountain made out of one mole-hill than a mountain made of many mole-hills.

New players with first time characters on their first life benefit greatly from "this stupid, lame low level twink gear", and it's shitty (but expected) of Turbine to hand-wave their dismissive negligence away.

It was nice to be able to whip up an FF or UWA item for a new player.  They would usually interpret the act as generous and often "pay it forward" when possible, it promoted some interest in the crafting system, and these things together don't exactly hurt customer retention.

That's a weak argument.

If you want to help them, then give them a +3 Con, +3 (meaningful stat), +x(meaningful effect) ML 4 item.  Don't give them UA and FF.  That's like saying "welcome to the neighborhood.  Here's a fruit loaf and some KY jelly".  Maybe some of your home brewed beer (that tastes like piss.  Because all home brews do.  You know it's true.)  Most likely, you are moving out of that neighborhood.

I'd argue there are a lot better things to whip up for a new player than UA and FF.  There is nothing about them that is mandatory and "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention.". 

New players on first lives don't need UA.  (and all characters start with a clickie for it.  Which is all you ever need)  And, although FF is nice and all, it's not that big a deal at low levels and you get a clicky version in the end reward for Redemption in Korthos (which covers most quests) and you typically get a permanent option in the end reward list from Water Works. 

BTW, FF is probably coming in Cannith Crafting.  NoWorries said on the DDOCast that the unscaled effects haven't been added to lama.  Just the scaling effects.  All this forum drama and bedwetting is mostly just knee jerk over reacting by people who don't know what the fuck they are talking about.  In other words,  Situation Normal.  Carry on, Citizen.   

P.S.  All this assumes that people who can craft unbound shards are actually hanging out in the harbor handing out twink loot to newbies to encourage them to stay with the game.  Which is total bullshit.  If we had that level of vet focus on new player retention, the game would have a lot more new players becoming long time players.  All evidence points to vet players either ignoring new players at best and actively griefing them at worst.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:35pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #47 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
That's a weak argument.

Your mom is a weak argument (seems reasonable if you're going to start talking about urine and fruit cake).

If you want to help them, then give them a +3 Con, +3 (meaningful stat), +x(meaningful effect) ML 4 item.  Don't give them UA and FF.  That's like saying "welcome to the neighborhood.  Here's a fruit loaf and some KY jelly".  Maybe some of your home brewed beer (that tastes like piss.  Because all home brews do.  You know it's true.)  Most likely, you are moving out of that neighborhood.

I'd argue there are a lot better things to whip up for a new player than UA and FF.  There is nothing about them that is mandatory and "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention.". 

Permanent FF and to a lesser extent UA make a much bigger difference for a new player on a first life character than a +3 Con (8 more HP at level 4 - WooHoo!) because they make it less frustrating to keep up with a more experienced player.  I'll still be able to scroll FF for them if they've used their Korthos cloak and pass them a stack of UA potions, but it's a nuisance and slows things down that are already slowed down.

It's not about "mandatory".  Nothing is mandatory.  FF/UA and the other things didn't need to be excluded from the new system and their absence will reduce quality of life for those without.

It's also not a case of "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention", but rather repeated instances of "we choose to not do things that improve new player buy-in and existing player retention and instead actively do unnecessary things that reduce both".

P.S.  All this assumes that people who can craft unbound shards are actually hanging out in the harbor handing out twink loot to newbies to encourage them to stay with the game.  Which is total bullshit.  If we had that level of vet focus on new player retention, the game would have a lot more new players becoming long time players.  All evidence points to vet players either ignoring new players at best and actively griefing them at worst.

Years ago I hung out in Harbor and handed out twink loot, but stopped doing so a long time ago.

What I do now is pay attention to the things that seem to frustrate the new players I meet during my heroic lives and buy or craft them helpful gear.  Not full sets, but two or three items are often enough to reduce frustration.

I know I'm not representative of the majority of the players who have piles of game plat or maxed crafting levels, but I also know I'm not alone.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:57pm by OldCoaly »  

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #48 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
Your mom is a weak argument (seems reasonable if you're going to start talking about urine and fruit cake).

Permanent FF and to a lesser extent UA make a much bigger difference for a new player on a first life character than a +3 Con (8 more HP at level 4 - WooHoo!) because they make it less frustrating to keep up with a more experienced player.  I'll still be able to scroll FF for them if they've used their Korthos cloak and pass them a stack of UA potions, but it's a nuisance and slows things down that are already slowed down.

It's not about "mandatory".  Nothing is mandatory.  FF/UA and the other things didn't need to be excluded from the new system and their absence will reduce quality of life for those without.

It's also not a case of "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention", but rather repeated instances of "we choose to not do things that improve new player buy-in and existing player retention and instead actively do unnecessary things that reduce both".

im not trying to disagree with you cause im that guy who is like "muh options" so i never want anything removed

but the new loot system shits feather falling items and ua is useless unless you are too retarded to buy hp potions so really theyre trimming irrelevant shit. the real truth is that your 'new players' wont have the frame of reference you do, and will never know that they are restricted an option that is literally irrelevant unless you are aware of it.

i say this as someone who agrees WITH you

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #49 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
italics

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint