Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC (Read 31779 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC
Reply #50 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
Your mom is a weak argument (seems reasonable if you're going to start talking about urine and fruit cake).

Permanent FF and to a lesser extent UA make a much bigger difference for a new player on a first life character than a +3 Con (8 more HP at level 4 - WooHoo!) because they make it less frustrating to keep up with a more experienced player.  I'll still be able to scroll FF for them if they've used their Korthos cloak and pass them a stack of UA potions, but it's a nuisance and slows things down that are already slowed down.

It's not about "mandatory".  Nothing is mandatory.  FF/UA and the other things didn't need to be excluded from the new system and their absence will reduce quality of life for those without.

It's also not a case of "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention", but rather repeated instances of "we choose to not do things that improve new player buy-in and existing player retention and instead actively do unnecessary things that reduce both".

Years ago I hung out in Harbor and handed out twink loot, but stopped doing so a long time ago.

What I do now is pay attention to the things that seem to frustrate the new players I meet during my heroic lives and buy or craft them helpful gear.  Not full sets, but two or three items are often enough to reduce frustration.

I know I'm not representative of the majority of the players who have piles of game plat or maxed crafting levels, but I also know I'm not alone.

My mother is saint!  I will take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

I am in the "more options in crafting is better" camp.  I'd rather they had UA in there than not.  Don't see why it shouldn't be an option.

But if it's not, I don't really give a fuck. 

If fighting for the importance of UA is the hill you want to die on, be my guest.  But it's a dumb battle to pick, if you ask me.  There's much more useful stuff that's missing. 

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #51 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:03am:
The following would be a bigger deal, imo:

1)  If you lose rune arm crafting
2)  If you lose cannith challenge crafting
3)  The heavy fort loss at ML 7
4)  The inability to decon old shards of potential
5)  The loss of flex shards
6)  The heavy use of PED's some recipes

Surprisingly, they didn't come up with a way to fuck us out of challenge gear.

Meursault wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:03am:
People may be bitching about a relatively minor thing, but the point is that there are so many things to bitch about right out of the gate.

This.

I could spend more time typing out everything that's fucked up and the recipes that are missing. But why? You're right that it's possible they might still add more recipes. (Then again, it's possible they might update monk, or fill in the missing enhancement trees.) It's not like Turbine was trying to include things like old shard crunching and just forgot. No, they're trying to shove a dick in our mouth.

It's a real shame, too, because this version of CC is much better. Except for everything that's obviously wrong. And as usual, it's mostly about legacy maintenance. Turbine invents new systems specifically to avoid maintaining new systems they made in the previous update.

For every good thing they add (and there have been plenty), they can't seem to resist shoving a dick or two in along with it. Was the carrot on the end of the old CC stick just a plastic chew toy? No doubt. Turbine took it away anyway, which is really fucking stupid, since they want us to think we can have the new carrot on the end of the new stick.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:03am:

Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:45am:

Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:32pm:

Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:13pm:

Shill.  Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:02pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #53 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:06am:
People keep saying this like it is amazing or something.  It is not amazing, or new, or even interesting.  It is exactly how the current CC system works.  Swallow an XP pot and the interface shows you the adjusted XP totals.

I’m just pointing it out so people don’t bitch about how “It’s soooooo hard to figure out XP per essence!”  While I think you should stop when you get 1.25 XP per Essence, I can tell people “If the number of essences is bigger than the XP you’ll get, move onto another recipe.”

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #54 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:41pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #55 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
That's a weak argument.

If you want to help them, then give them a +3 Con, +3 (meaningful stat), +x(meaningful effect) ML 4 item.  Don't give them UA and FF.  That's like saying "welcome to the neighborhood.  Here's a fruit loaf and some KY jelly".  Maybe some of your home brewed beer (that tastes like piss.  Because all home brews do.  You know it's true.)  Most likely, you are moving out of that neighborhood.

I'd argue there are a lot better things to whip up for a new player than UA and FF.  There is nothing about them that is mandatory and "without them we can't do nice things for new players and improve retention.". 

You may know that they don't need it, but it's not important what you think they need, what's important is what they think they need, and what makes them happy.

To a new player, always on FF is almost flying, and water is a frequently impassible barrier that they can't explore. It may be a useless optional, but they don't know that. A skilled player can swim straight, and knows where the air pockets are. I've seen plenty of deaths in water, it's a barrier that is only trivial to better players.

Stat boosts, on the other hand, certainly help new players, but don't feel that special. Giving your Wizard a few more spell points and a +1 DC may allow you to skip a shrine and shave a few minutes off your completion, but new players will go back and wait at a rest shrine to use it again after the 15 minute timer, time isn't as important to them, and they mostly aren't in a rush to get past heroics.

You know most new players don't make it past 3 months or level 10 or 12, those levels are important. For you they are over in a few hours every life, for most new players they are their entire DDO experience and what they'll tell their friends.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #56 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:01pm:
Shill.  Cool

+1 lol

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:36pm:
Surprisingly, they didn't come up with a way to fuck us out of challenge gear.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

Back to being unsurprised. Disappointed, but unsurprised.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 11:45am:
I don't give a fuck about [100 Fort, UWA, hit points] either.  But some people are making a mountain out of a mole hill that they can't craft this stupid, lame low level twink gear that they use for 30-40 minutes per life, if that.

You know what makes a mountain out of a mole hill?  Claiming that an item will be "used for 30-40 minutes, if that."  That's the kind of ridiculous, obviously false statement that makes anything else you say in the same post automatically dismissed as being just as much garbage as that steaming pile of bullshit you just crapped out.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #59 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:30am:
You know what makes a mountain out of a mole hill?  Claiming that an item will be "used for 30-40 minutes, if that."  That's the kind of ridiculous, obviously false statement that makes anything else you say in the same post automatically dismissed as being just as much garbage as that steaming pile of bullshit you just crapped out.

My only recommendation is to quit lying to yourself as a QOL fix.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:00am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:12am:
Looks like I spoke too soon.

Back to being unsurprised. Disappointed, but unsurprised.

Link, please? Or anything that makes finding this information easy. Thank you in advance.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #61 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:30am:
That's the kind of ridiculous, obviously false statement that makes anything else you say in the same post automatically dismissed as being just as much garbage as that steaming pile of bullshit you just crapped out.

This from the guy who continued to argue with me about how the slotting works on new CC loot after I LINKED THE FUCKING POST explaining it. 

Coming from the king of obviously false posts and talking out your ass, this is funny. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #62 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
New system is tits. Don't bitch and moan

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #63 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:03am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:00am:
Thank you in advance.

You sure you belong here?

Follow quantumFX's link, in one of the other Cannith Crafting threads. It will take you to a place where everyone is polite. And horrible.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:03am:
You sure you belong here?

Follow quantumFX's link, in one of the other Cannith Crafting threads. It will take you to a place where everyone is polite. And horrible.

Well, I figured that for once I'd try to be a bright spot in the darkness. Cheesy Seriously, though, I figured we could do with a little courtesy around here now and again. Plus, I was genuinely asking and it's just bad form to tell the person you're asking for a little help to DIAF. Don't worry. I belong here. I occasionally give in to my urge to be mean and hostile.

If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:34am:
Well, I figured that for once I'd try to be a bright spot in the darkness. Cheesy Seriously, though, I figured we could do with a little courtesy around here now and again. Plus, I was genuinely asking and it's just bad form to tell the person you're asking for a little help to DIAF. Don't worry. I belong here. I occasionally give in to my urge to be mean and hostile.

Its a no win switch brah. I myself have learned fast to be equal parts mellow dude and Looney fucking toon here pretty quick and still am thought to be someone elses sock. My advice just don't give a fuck and say whatever passes through your head. Think of it like being cartman when he pretended to have tourettes.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:00pm:
Its a no win switch brah. I myself have learned fast to be equal parts mellow dude and Looney fucking toon here pretty quick and still am thought to be someone elses sock. My advice just don't give a fuck and say whatever passes through your head. Think of it like being cartman when he pretended to have tourettes.

Well, I'm not really worried about any of it. If people think I'm a sock, that's their problem not mine. If I were really worried about it, I'd reveal my mobos username which would be sufficient. The fact is I generally try to be nice. There are some people who make it impossible for me to be nice to them, but even with one of those I'm trying to be nicer. If we all choose to be unpredictable, undependable assholes, then this corner of the world would be an even less tolerable place than it currently is.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:23am:
This from the guy who continued to argue with me about how the slotting works on new CC loot after I LINKED THE FUCKING POST explaining it. 

Coming from the king of obviously false posts and talking out your ass, this is funny. 

Cranky shill.  Cool

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #68 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 1:46pm:

Sock boy.   Cool

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:16pm:

My oh my!  you are trying hard aren't you shill?   watching you try to dance and distract and failing is priceless.  Grin   

My sincere thanks for proving how much it gets under your skin when people point out the obvious agenda that drives your Turbine drivel. Every time you squeal 'sock' it at someone these days it just proves that they got the better of you. And can I say how much I enjoy watching your bullshit "meanie must be sock" list constantly grow and shrink day to day? the changes all depending on who puts your balls in the meat-grinder..

Poor shill so outclassed.  Cool

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:59pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #70 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Someone being a sock is irrelevant. I have 3 here and no one seems to care.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #71 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:56pm:

Sock boy.   Cool

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #72 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:14pm:
If we all choose to be unpredictable, undependable assholes

Some of us are just born this way.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #73 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
no one seems to care.

Yep.

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #74 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
Some of us are just born this way.

A gimp in the land of people w/o legs would be the King, he may even believe himself to be special; he would still be a gimp though  Wink

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint