Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC (Read 31469 times)
()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Re: Slarden shows how easy it is to level CC
Reply #75 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 3:23pm:
Someone sucking a cock is irrelevant. I have 3 here in my mouth and no one seems to care.

+1  Cheesy

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
Some of us are just born this way.

Perhaps. And if that's the case, there's nothing about what I said that prevents you from continuing to be that way. I happen to have control over whether or not I'm an asshole. So, occasionally I'll exercise that control. Cheesy

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #77 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
If you're worried about fort:

Quote:
Fortification +75% items
Belt of the Mroranon • Bracers of the Claw • Creation Forge Bassinet • Dragoncraft Breastplate • Dragoncraft Docent • Dragoncraft Leather Armor • Dragoncraft Plate Armor • Dragoncraft Robe • Enlightened Robes • Full Plate of Giants • Gargoyle Granite Plate • Giantcrafted Docent • Head of Good Fortune • Khyber's Fury • Mysterious Ring • Purging the Pantheon • Roguebane Breastplate • Tainted Helm of Mystery

Fortification +94% items
Boots of the Devil Commander • Boundless

Fortification +100% items
Ancient Band • Ancient Band (historic) • Ancient Band (Level 12) • Ancient Band (Level 13) • Ancient Band (Level 14) • Ancient Band (Level 23) • Ancient Band (Level 24) • Ancient Band (Level 25) • Arrondi • Cloak of the Dawn • Cormyrian Red Dragonhide Armor • Cormyrian Red Dragonplate Armor • Cormyrian Red Dragonscale Armor • Cormyrian Red Dragonscale Docent • Cormyrian Red Dragonscale Robe • Coronation Shield • Docent of Defense • Dragontouched Armor • Electric Haze • Embrace of the Spider Queen • Epic Belt of the Mroranon • Epic Bracers of the Claw • Epic Infested Armor • Flawless White Dragonhide Armor • Flawless White Dragonplate Armor • Flawless White Dragonscale Armor • Flawless White Dragonscale Docent • Flawless White Dragonscale Robe • Full Plate of the Defender • Garments of Equilibrium • Nightforge Gorget • Grim Greaves • Guardian's Helmet (Level 19) • Head of Good Fortune • Idol of Fortune • Iron Band • Knight's Helm • Kundarak Trooper's Shield • Laurel Helix • Leaves of the Forest • Leaves of the Forest (Level 15) • Leaves of the Forest (Level 16) • Leaves of the Forest (Level 17) • Leaves of the Forest (Level 22) • Leaves of the Forest (Level 23) • Leaves of the Forest (Level 24) • Livewood Core • Livewood Core (Level 15) • Livewood Core (Level 16) • Livewood Core (Level 17) • Livewood Core (Level 22) • Livewood Core (Level 23) • Livewood Core (Level 24) • Minos Legens • Plundered Pirate Hat • Purging the Pantheon • Purple Dragon Armor • Reaver's Ring • Restored Dragoncraft Breastplate • Restored Dragoncraft Docent • Restored Dragoncraft Leather Armor • Restored Dragoncraft Plate Armor • Restored Dragoncraft Robe • Ring of Balance • Sage's Skullcap (Level 19) • Shield of the Azure Valkyrie • Skirmisher's Circlet (Level 19) • Stone Exoskeleton • Token of the Proven (level 13) • White Dragon Scale • White Dragonhide Armor • White Dragonplate Armor • White Dragonscale Armor • White Dragonscale Docent • White Dragonscale Robe

Fortification +105% items
Prisoner's Manacles • Prisoner's Manacles (Level 14) • Prisoner's Manacles (Level 15) • Prisoner's Manacles (Level 16)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:52pm:
If you're worried about fort:

Anything below 100% is useless.  Even the 94% ones are fairly useless.

This isn't PnP where you might get swung at 50 times in one play session, so you'll suffer only ~3 chances to take a crit and a 94% chance to mitigate it is wonderful.  This is DDO where you'll be swung at many hundreds of times in any given dungeon, and you might run 3-4 dungeons across a few hours play.  So you'll be critted scores or hundreds of times and anything less than a 100% mitigation means your damage taken will be spikey enough that death becomes far more probable.

Oh, you think that 6% is insignificant?  Tell that to the people who select a weapon with a 19-20 x3 profile over a weapon with a 20 x3 profile.  Or any similar comparison that is 'only' 5% better.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #79 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:56pm:
anything less than a 100% mitigation means your damage taken will be spikey enough that death becomes far more probable.

So? DDO has long needed more threat and less stability. Doesn't suit my playstyle but it makes the combat more interesting. Unless you're meaning "I zerg all day and don't want to deal with this, the game's 10 years old now ffs" in which case, yep can't disagree. The damage spiking change is something I thought would be good for DDO for a long while, it's why I like champs even though I don't like them. Now we need better healing on mobs. Unless we want to just zerg, then it should stay as easy as it is now.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #80 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  

Covered this in one of the other threads where you're droning on about heavy fortification crafting.  http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1471472193/21#21 

There are ML8 items with a blue augment slot for almost all gear slots readily available.  If you cannot fit one of those items into your level 8 gear setup and put an ML8 heavy fortification aug in it, you're impressively lazy or make Fran look intelligent and open-minded.

Plenty of other things to be concerned about with the new crafting system but 100% fortification is about as big a non-issue as you can pick given the readily available options for it on other gear. 
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:45pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #81 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  

If only there were enhancements, or past life feats that addressed this terrible issue!!!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:30pm:
There are ML8 items with a blue augment slot for almost all gear slots readily available.  If you cannot fit one of those items into your level 8 gear setup and put an ML8 heavy fortification aug in it, you're impressively lazy or make Fran look intelligent and open-minded.

Repeating yourself doesn't make you right.  There aren't a huge pile of <L8 drops with blue augment slots.  There are a few, and they may or may not fit in with a leveling gear set.  I've done a good many HPLs without a blue slot on my gear at all.  So I got my 100 Fort from a CC belt or ring.  Problem solved, and I didn't have to farm some heroic dungeon for a btc piece of armor that can't be worn by every class and doesn't work with every build.  And then farm another few heroic dungeons for my other classes and builds.  That's just a stupid suggestion for a 'solution.'

The main issue isn't that it's going to be horribly difficult to get to 100% fort, it's that doing so in CC right now is trivial, and available from ML7.  Getting the same effect in NewCC isn't possible until 17th level.  You have to add Insightful.  And maybe that will be just as cheap (2 PEDs), and maybe it won't.

QuantumFX wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 6:32pm:
If only there were enhancements, or past life feats that addressed this terrible issue!!!  Roll Eyes

If you'd have said ship buffs, you'd have been smarter.

Well damn, you got me!  You are a genius and found the solution to the entire list of ~3 items that have 96% fort.  Congratulations!  Now how about the ~100 items with 75% fort?  Is everyone supposed to have 3 Bladeforged IPLs?  Is that your actual solution?  Because that's really just fucking stupid.  That's a pay to play race even with a VIP sub.

Just like Digimook you are conflating 'possible' with 'easy and convenient.'
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:13am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #83 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:15am
Print Post  
kum-gulp wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:17am:
So? DDO has long needed more threat and less stability. Doesn't suit my playstyle but it makes the combat more interesting. Unless you're meaning "I zerg all day and don't want to deal with this, the game's 10 years old now ffs" in which case, yep can't disagree. The damage spiking change is something I thought would be good for DDO for a long while, it's why I like champs even though I don't like them. Now we need better healing on mobs. Unless we want to just zerg, then it should stay as easy as it is now.

I think you vastly overestimate people's appetite for unpredictability. Most people like to be surprised occasionally, but generally know what they are getting into before they get into it. That's why chains like McDonald’s are so popular - consistency. There are certainly a few who want more challenge and more unpredictability, and a lot more who thump their chest and claim the game is too easy while secretly liking it that way. But most people *like* stability, it's basic human nature, the risk takers are a minority. It's like flying a wingsuit, or white water rafting - most people say they would love to do it, but few people actually do, and those that do usually do it seldom.

A few brutal quests/raids with high unpredictability are more than enough to satisfy the need for unpredictability in DDO, and too many runs the risk of driving even more players away.

Champs would have been great if they only appeared if you moved fast enough for Dungeon Alert, for example (and then replaced the slow motion crap). People would know how to avoid them if they wanted predictability, and know how to "call" them if they wanted challenge and a chance to test their limits. The Champions we got suck.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #84 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:11am:
Repeating yourself doesn't make you right.  There aren't a huge pile of <L8 drops with blue augment slots.  There are a few, and they may or may not fit in with a leveling gear set.  I've done a good many HPLs without a blue slot on my gear at all.  So I got my 100 Fort from a CC belt or ring.  Problem solved, and I didn't have to farm some heroic dungeon for a btc piece of armor that can't be worn by every class and doesn't work with every build.  And then farm another few heroic dungeons for my other classes and builds.  That's just a stupid suggestion for a 'solution.'

Just like Digimook you are conflating 'possible' with 'easy and convenient.'

Sticking your head in the sand and claiming that there are not plenty of readily available ML8 named items with blue aug slots doesn't make you right.

Same list with acquisition method and slot added:
Mysterious Bracers (Level 7) - Turn in 1000 mysterious remnants - bracers
Sigil of Stormreach - Delera's arc end reward - ring
Spectacular Optics - Threnal arc end reward - goggles
Krugg's Spiked Boots - Splinterskull arc end reward - boots
Black Wolfskin Cloak - Splinterskull arc end reward - cloak
Hellfire Cloak - Delera's arc end reward - cloak
Mysterious Cloak (Level 7) - Turn in 1000 mysterious remnants - cloak
Rabbit Gloves - - Threnal arc end reward - gloves
Headman's Hood - Delera's arc end reward - helm
Glacial Casque - Threnal arc end reward - helm
Crystal Prism - Threnal arc end reward - necklace

That list also does not include the named options for the armor slot.  There are 3 to 10 of those per armor type with varying degrees of acquisition difficulty as well.

These are end rewards from mission arcs that most players run at least once per life.  Hell, even if those arcs are too hard for you, it's easy to join an LFM for them and mostly pike it while zergers roll through them.  The Mysterious bracers and cloak are remnant turn in rewards.  It would be hard not to have enough remnants for the bracers or cloak by the time you do your first TR assuming you're not too gimp to run missions at or below level. 

Between multiple armor options and the accessory list above, you have BTA options for at least 9 slots that require little to no special farming effort other than just running missions at or below level and selecting the arc end rewards.  Several of those items are fairly build agnostic. 

The mysterious bracers and cloak are useful for any build at that level.  15 exceptional healing amp and 11 insightful MRR plus a green and a clear aug slot is highly useful for any build at that level.

There may also be blue slot items with a ML lower than 8.  I didn't bother to look though since the heavy fort aug is ML 8.  I'm not going to spoon feed you everything.

If you can't acquire and slot at least one of those with minimal effort, you make Fran look like a DDO rockstar.  We're talking about low level heroics... Multiple people have run through those with minimal/no gear.  They don't require absolute min/max gear sets to run.

The only reason you have done multiple lives without a blue aug slot item is your own self-imposed stupidity (like Fran and his desire to run a Turn Undead spec'd solo EE capable build).

Since it seems I'm beating a dead horse at this point, the only other response I can provide to your attestations that acquiring and slotting a ML8 named item with a blue aug slot is too hard is to ask the following:  Have you considered trying a lower difficulty?
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:19pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #85 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Quicksilver Cassock and the Cloak of Invisibility both have the correct slots for putting in Heavy Fort. Of course the other option is just craft it now on a BTA ring or something and throw Masterful on it and boom ML7  Cheesy

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #86 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Quicksilver Cassock and the Cloak of Invisibility both have the correct slots for putting in Heavy Fort. Of course the other option is just craft it now on a BTA ring or something and throw Masterful on it and boom ML7  Cheesy

I could be wrong, but I think the point was to advocate in absentia for future players. 

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:14pm:
Same list with acquisition method and slot added:
Mysterious Bracers (Level 7) - Turn in 1000 mysterious remnants - bracers
Sigil of Stormreach - Delera's arc end reward - ring
Spectacular Optics - Threnal arc end reward - goggles
Hellfire Cloak - Delera's arc end reward - cloak
Mysterious Cloak (Level 7) - Turn in 1000 mysterious remnants - cloak
Rabbit Gloves - - Threnal arc end reward - gloves
Headman's Hood - Delera's arc end reward - helm
Glacial Casque - Threnal arc end reward - helm
Crystal Prism - Threnal arc end reward - necklace

When I run Threnal I take the Mantle.
When I run Delera's I take the Voice.
I save my remnants for flasks for different characters.  Spending 1k when I need 10k per flask is not going to help there.  I do have the top level cloak for when I'm in epics, but buying them for heroics doesn't seem to be worthwhile.

That takes your list down to:

When I'm in heroics where I need to worry about 100 Fort I wear the Mantle in the cloak slot.  (And the Voice in the trinket slot.  This is why I always take the Mantle and the Voice, I'm trying to get enough voice augments so I can change this up a bit.  But I'm not going to run those two chains more than once per life.  If that.)

Boots are typically for movement, and the Krugg's 10% isn't good enough.

So now your list is empty.

It seems I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but at the risk of repeating myself, you are still conflating 'possible' with 'easy and convenient.'

FTL wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 12:28pm:
Of course the other option is just craft it now on a BTA ring or something and throw Masterful on it and boom ML7  Cheesy

And of course this is what I have done.  I have ML7 Fort 100 items in several slots, mostly rings and belts but probably others.

Digimook just wants to claim that I'm wrong for criticizing NewCC for not offering 100 Fort until 17th level, or for offering it at 7th but requiring an insightful slot and the associated costs.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:56pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #88 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:52pm:
When I run Threnal I take the Mantle.
When I run Delera's I take the Voice.
I save my remnants for flasks for different characters.  Spending 1k when I need 10k per flask is not going to help there.  I do have the top level cloak for when I'm in epics, but buying them for heroics doesn't seem to be worthwhile.

That takes your list down to:

When I'm in heroics where I need to worry about 100 Fort I wear the Mantle in the cloak slot.  (And the Voice in the trinket slot.  This is why I always take the Mantle and the Voice, I'm trying to get enough voice augments so I can change this up a bit.  But I'm not going to run those two chains more than once per life.  If that.)

Boots are typically for movement, and the Krugg's 10% isn't good enough.

So now your list is empty.

It seems I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but at the risk of repeating myself, you are still conflating 'possible' with 'easy and convenient.'

And of course this is what I have done.  I have ML7 Fort 100 items in several slots, mostly rings and belts but probably others.

Digimook just wants to claim that I'm wrong for criticizing NewCC for not offering 100 Fort until 17th level, or for offering it at 7th but requiring an insightful slot and the associated costs.

I'm not the one that has problems with the definition of easy and convenient. 

Running Threnal, Delera's, and acquiring 1k remnants is easy.  Choosing a BTA item with a blue aug slot for the end reward of the arc is pretty convenient.  Just because you choose not to select any of the readily available BTA blue-slot items as an end reward doesn't make them hard or inconvenient to get.  It just makes your decision inconvenient and makes you intentionally obtuse and stubborn.  Ditto for a one-time 1k remnant expenditure for the bracers or cloak.

Even assuming that you still direly need the trinket and cloak rewards, it's even worse that you wouldn't consider running one of those arcs an extra time or two on a given life to get a blue-slot item and solve your fortification problems for future TRs.

If you were too busy being thickheaded, you could/should grab the mysterious bracers and/or cloak and slotted an ML1 Master's Gift and Heavy Fort aug and you'd free up the cloak and trinket slot for something more useful. 

Taking it further, get a Jade Ring and slot a Master's Gift on it for ML1 5% xp bonus.  Switch to the bracers/cloak with Master's Gift and heavy fort augs at level 8.  Rinse and repeat for the lvl 14 and lvl 21 versions and your "terribly inconvenient and hard to acquire" heavy fort is covered for every TR from lvl 8 to upper epics along with the 5% xp bonus being covered from 1 to X as a secondary benefit.  They're BTA so you can transfer them to alts if needed.  I've run multiple lives and have yet to find a build that I couldn't spare the bracer or cloak slot for one of the two mysterious items with minimal impact to the build.

• BTA - convenient for alts and new toons - check
  • Easily acquired - can be acquired from easy mission arcs - check
  • Convenient - allows you to change heavy fort from a variable to a constant in gear layouts - check
  • Does not require rare or expensive crafting ingredients - check

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #89 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:03pm
Print Post  

This isn't PnP where you might get swung at 50 times in one play session, so you'll suffer only ~3 chances to take a crit and a 94% chance to mitigate it is wonderful.  This is DDO where you'll be swung at many hundreds of times in any given dungeon, and you might run 3-4 dungeons across a few hours play.  So you'll be critted scores or hundreds of times and anything less than a 100% mitigation means your damage taken will be spikey enough that death becomes far more probable.

Oh, you think that 6% is insignificant?  Tell that to the people who select a weapon with a 19-20 x3 profile over a weapon with a 20 x3 profile.  Or any similar comparison that is 'only' 5% better.

Are you being obtuse? We already went over how you can stack insightful fort w/ a 75% named item to get over 100% early.

Maybe that insightful shard will be too hard for a newb to get and the vets won't stand in the harbor handing them out like some people have claimed they want to be able to. That's fine, ML 9 Nightforge Gorget is still a guaranteed drop on casual for all your gimp outfitting needs. I'm just pointing out that there are lots of options in addition to the blue augment.

Also, if 94% isn't good enough for you then run your Bladeforged lives already.  Tongue

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #90 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Boots are for movement? Quivers are for movement.  Barring that, expeditious retreat is 25%, comes from a guaranteed clicky, and lasts 5 minutes per click.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Even assuming that you still direly need the trinket and cloak rewards, it's even worse that you wouldn't consider running one of those arcs an extra time or two on a given life to get a blue-slot item and solve your fortification problems for future TRs.

You have problems with reading comprehension.

You know what is easy and convenient?  Making a L7 CC 100 Fort item and calling it a day.

My characters Fort needs are handled.  I'm taken care of, and your list is exactly 0% of the solution for all of my characters.  I have bta CC items for my alts, and I typically wear a CC fort belt until I swap it for a GS min belt on my main.  Unless the crafting tool is wrong, you can't even put fort on a belt in the NewCC.

The discussion, which you seem to have lost track of, is about how NewCC is screwing players going forward.  They are the ones who will have to wait for 17th  before they can craft 100 Fort, and they are the ones who will have to expend the higher rare collectables if they want 99 Fort at 7th.

Or they can try to make one or more of the items on your wonderful list a part of their build, while I spend my 1k remnants on better things and while I don't have to run long dull chains multiple times per life in order to get both the primary item goals from those chains and an item that can hold a blue augment.

Collecting 1k remnants can easily take me a 15-30 days, and not spending another month before I can buy something that costs many thousands of remnants is both easy and convenient.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:48pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #92 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
A newbie can't craft the ML 7 CC belt anyway. The best option for them remains the same:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Nightforge_Gorget

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #93 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Idiot #1: Fewer options exist.
Idiot #2: Options exist!
Idiot #1: Yes! Fewer.
Idiot #2: Yes! Options.

.... Continue forever.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #94 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:42pm:
Collecting 1k remnants can easily take me a 15-30 days, and not spending another month before I can buy something that costs many thousands of remnants is both easy and convenient.

Maybe you should try a lower difficulty?

Takes a day or two tops to get that many rems running heroic at level.  Takes a bit longer than that to acquire the PEDs needed to craft heavy fort.  Your definition of easy and convenient is fucked up.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:15pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #95 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
Idiot #3: I've got nothing interesting to add but threw my hat into the ring anyway.
.... Continue forever.

You are correct, sir.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:16pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 6:49pm:
A newbie can't craft the ML 7 CC belt anyway. The best option for them remains the same:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Nightforge_Gorget

Sure they can.  The skill required is 100 elemental, fairly low, and running the 3bc saga gets them the tomes to crunch into PEDs.  A brand new 28 point character could get the skill needed by melting the crap items they loot while leveling and making a few shards, and the 3bc saga is level 5-7.  The only roadblock is the mastercraft which takes a lot of Cannith faction.  So they can make ML9 items.  Not ideal when the gorget can be acquired running on casual I guess, but it still gives slot options.

Oh, one more roadblock might be that CC onto new random loot will result in destroyed items once NewCC goes live.  It's nice that they put the warning about shards on the launcher, and it's horrible that the little tidbit about things crafted using NRL being destroyed was just mentioned in passing with zero attempt at making the player base aware of it unless they happened to read the thread where it was mentioned.

Digimonk wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:09pm:
Takes a day or two tops to get that many rems running heroic at level.

You're high or stupid or you play a idiot amount of time.
You're saying 24 to 48 hours of play time?  Because that's a day or two.  For me that many hours stretches across the 15-30 days I cited earlier.  If not even more than a month.  Not everyone has the same amount of play time, so what is easy and convenient for you isn't easy and convenient for me.  So now you're just arguing semantics because you play more than I do, congratulations.

I usually run 1-3 dungeons when I play.  I might see 3-4 remnant drops per dungeon, and while I do see the occasional large number there's a depressing amount of 3 to 4 remnant drops also.  Let's say an average of 10 remnants per drop, and an average of 2 dungeons, and an average of 3 remnant drops.  That's 60 remnants per play session.  60 into 1k is 17.  So 17 days of play sessions to get 1k remnants, playing probably 2 out of 3 days, so a month was a fairly accurate estimate.  All to buy an item that can hold your precious fort augment?  No thanks.  As I said before when trying to assist you with your reading comprehension issues, I have my heavy fort sorted.  It's the NewCC that is screwing people for it.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #97 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:38pm:
Sure they can.  The skill required is 100 elemental, fairly low, and running the 3bc saga gets them the tomes to crunch into PEDs.  A brand new 28 point character could get the skill needed by melting the crap items they loot while leveling and making a few shards, and the 3bc saga is level 5-7.  The only roadblock is the mastercraft which takes a lot of Cannith faction.  So they can make ML9 items.  Not ideal when the gorget can be acquired running on casual I guess, but it still gives slot options.

Oh, one more roadblock might be that CC onto new random loot will result in destroyed items once NewCC goes live.  It's nice that they put the warning about shards on the launcher, and it's horrible that the little tidbit about things crafted using NRL being destroyed was just mentioned in passing with zero attempt at making the player base aware of it unless they happened to read the thread where it was mentioned.

You're high or stupid or you play a idiot amount of time.
You're saying 24 to 48 hours of play time?  Because that's a day or two.  For me that many hours stretches across the 15-30 days I cited earlier.  If not even more than a month.  Not everyone has the same amount of play time, so what is easy and convenient for you isn't easy and convenient for me.  So now you're just arguing semantics because you play more than I do, congratulations.

I usually run 1-3 dungeons when I play.  I might see 3-4 remnant drops per dungeon, and while I do see the occasional large number there's a depressing amount of 3 to 4 remnant drops also.  Let's say an average of 10 remnants per drop, and an average of 2 dungeons, and an average of 3 remnant drops.  That's 60 remnants per play session.  60 into 1k is 17.  So 17 days of play sessions to get 1k remnants, playing probably 2 out of 3 days, so a month was a fairly accurate estimate.  All to buy an item that can hold your precious fort augment?  No thanks.  As I said before when trying to assist you with your reading comprehension issues, I have my heavy fort sorted.  It's the NewCC that is screwing people for it.

A)  At what point during their game experience does the average player start to get involved in crafting?  Is it in the first 5 levels of their first character?  I, personally, would doubt that.  Thinking back to my experiences, I didn't even figure out how favor worked until around level 7.  it took me until level 10+ to start to expand my focus beyond the individual character and questing process and understand things like collectibles turn ins and barter vendors vs. regular vendors,etc.  Crafting wasn't available then, but even it if was, I doubt it is a system that I would have been ready to tackle.  And the game has only gotten bigger and more confusing.

B)  The issue is not really about new crafters, though.  That is a surrogate argument.  The issue is that the cost of effect shards is flat.  And the flat cost was set based on the value given at ML 30-34.  Nobody has any issue with paying 15+5 for a +15 stat.  But paying 15+5 for a +2 stat?  That is too much.  The leveling process was made easier both in terms of leveling grind and simplicity.  So getting into crafting from a leveling process is easy.  Getting to crafting level 100 is ridiculously easy.  At which point you can make ML 10-11 gear with any of the 3 tiers of effects.  Just not insightfuls or unbound. 

HOWEVER, both new crafters and existing ones will find the cost to actually make an item that is ML 10 or lower very high for the resulting item's utility and value derived.  This is where the system is failing.  Not in getting new players started but in making anything worthwhile at a reasonable cost.

C)  The other issue is the change in power available at ML.  But this is mostly just a variation on the above argument.  Because the combination of the regular and insightful effects will, in every case, result in MORE power on a single item at a specific ML than what you have today.  So, the loss of power level isn't the issue.  Because you CAN make a more powerful item today.  The issue is the COST.  The cost of making a fort + insight fort item is crazy high for an ML 7 item.  If the costs, as identified above, were scaled with the ML, such that the value of the item matched the cost of the item, then this issue disappears. 

D)  The most valid "missing power" argument is the loss of flex shards and flexibility.  This is completely missing from the system and is a "nerf" from previous ability.  No two ways about it.  I get why people who used this are upset about it going away.  I would very much like to see more effects available on each slot.  Especially the rings.  The rings should be like the trinkets.  Everything is possible on them.  If even that small change was made, I could feel a lot better about restrictions in the other slots. 

E)  The result is that new crafting does not "scratch the same itch" as old crafting.  Old crafting specialized in heroic level twink gear.   Build specific gear that you could flex into whatever slot you needed.  Maybe get a single important effect at a lower ML than you could get otherwise.  The new system is designed to deliver more power per slot than other standard options and to be something that has value from levels 20-30.  Neither of which the old system could do.  But, in the process, it gave up what the old system was.  With no real replacement.  This means that the audience for crafting has shfited.  Heroic levelers will find the system doesn't fit anymore.  Epic levelers/end gamers will find the system has value. 

Understandably, the people who had been using crafting are upset that the system's focus has shifted and is no longer relevant to them.

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:41am
Print Post  
some of that would be mitigated if they just left the old system available. Even if only as an airship amenity.

People who like it would still have it.  And Turbine could make the store interface/description clunky enough they could maybe sell some old crafting amenities to people who thought they were buying new crafting amenities.  Its a win-win!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #99 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:17pm:

.... Continue forever.

1 option is going away, but more options overall will exist, since combining insightful fort with one of the various sources of 75% was not possible before at the relevant level range.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint