Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things to do before the crafting update (Read 20977 times)
slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Things to do before the crafting update
Aug 16th, 2016 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
apply Masterful Craftmanship to Runearms. 

run crafting tutorial on alts to get bta xp boosters. roll new alts and repeat ad nauseum

figure out how to dupe Purifieds (pm please).

Craft highly-specialized beaters and ulra-low-level twink items.  Or don't - your decision, really.   

Craft your off-slot alacrity items.  And if you want it below lvl 16 craft those too.   

Craft your 15% lore items.  New CC makes that a level 17 item. 

Craft +2 Good Luck items.  New CC doesn't seem to offer those at all.

Craft alchemical spell power clickies like Ardor, etc.  New CC doesn't seem to offer those at all.   

Craft spell point items.

anything else?
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2016 at 11:32am by slowertraffic »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Things to do before the crafting update
Reply #1 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 2:19pm:
make 100% fort items?

Unless you have duped collectible from Threnal chain reward, then no Tongue
Heavy fort augment is available at lvl8 anyways...

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
roll up alts and farm the tutorial pots?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Craft highly-specialized beaters and ulra-low-level twink items.

Ml1 burst effects
ML1 holy
etc.

I doubt the new CC system is going to let you add a full 2d6 Holy damage on an otherwise ML1 item.

My also want to craft some low-level FF items. I like my ML1 featherfalling ring with Master's Gift inside.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Rage
Waterworks Kobold

I Love boobies

Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I like my 'mobile' with master's gift on them more, ff is everywhere these days.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
I've got plenty of those, too Tongue Got a gifts at 1, 7, 14, and 20. 7 and 14 are very up and go-getting, not that I play more than one char though.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
I assume this thread is referring to things to do with the old crafting system before it goes away.  If that's the case, nothing, besides deconning all the shards you have that you can deconn.

Otherwise, I'd focus on collecting as many essences, collectibles, and items with metal properties and augment slots as you can find.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #7 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:14pm:
Otherwise, I'd focus on collecting as many essences, collectibles, and items with metal properties and augment slots as you can find.

^ This.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:14pm:

noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:22pm:
^ This.

QFT.

I'll say again here in case it was missed: Make sure your quiver is on the toon you want it to be BTC on. All crafted ammo is turning into string table errors.

And if you don't want to hassle deconning old shards, make sure to dump them. You won't be able to take them out of your ing. bag.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #9 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:30am
Print Post  
I'd read that ammo would be "exactly the same" and everything ive crafted on Lamma is BTA... but I think ima make sure quivers are where they need to be anyways.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #10 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Cairnoir wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:30am:
I'd read that ammo would be "exactly the same" and everything ive crafted on Lamma is BTA... but I think ima make sure quivers are where they need to be anyways.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477727-Did-they-kill-Arrow-Bolt-crafti...

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #11 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:38am:

I was just agreeing that it's better to be safe than sorry.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWorries
Ammo hasn't been implemented yet, but the same ammo should be craftable as before when the system goes live

I agree that they should. I'm still pretty sure they won't.

I've played too long to believe anything that improves player quality of life will be actually implemented. Too many broken promises.

Incomplete changes that will be bothersome/annoying, however ... I have complete faith they will go live as is.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #13 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:42am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 8:52pm:
QFT.

I'll say again here in case it was missed: Make sure your quiver is on the toon you want it to be BTC on. All crafted ammo is turning into string table errors.

What if you leave the quivers in the shared bank? Shouldn't they stay there OK until you're ready to take them out?

For my rare quivers I am going to do as you recomend and pull them down onto my main char, but I have about 9-10 quivers of alacrity sitting in my shared bank that aren't going to specific characters yet.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #14 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 11:42am:
Shouldn't they stay there OK until you're ready to take them out?

Yes.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Another thing that might be worthwhile is crafting a few heroic equipment items that get around the highly-restrictive gear slots on the new system. I know that I, for one, will be making a healing lore item that goes comfortably somewhere that such a thing cannot fit.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:04pm:
I've got plenty of those, too Tongue Got a gifts at 1, 7, 14, and 20. 7 and 14 are very up and go-getting, not that I play more than one char though.

I used to do that.  More recently I just wear the trinket and cloak from level 5 to level 20 while running TRs.  The XP boost and secret door spotting are handy, as is the spell absorption.  I do have a PLIS that I'll swap in for heavy spell casting environments.

Parking the gift augment in items above 20th has some value.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:24am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 9:28pm:
I used to do that.  More recently I just wear the trinket and cloak from level 5 to level 20 while running TRs.  The XP boost and secret door spotting are handy, as is the spell absorption.  I do have a PLIS that I'll swap in for heavy spell casting environments.

Parking the gift augment in items above 20th has some value.

Having the 5% XP boost available all the time adds up to a lot over the course of a life. I can't stand swapping it out at the ends of quests personally(I'd say half the time I usually get no warning, and sometimes I am dead and unable to move gear). For a while I tried keeping it slotted on a FF ring from 1-20, but then the anniversary event came and I was suddenly gifted with many more... add that to some BtA gear and it just made a lot of sense.

So one is slotted on the FF Ring(lvl 1-6) one on a mysterious bracers(7-13) and one on a mysterious cloak(14-19). The last one is on my Epic Rock Boots, which I wear from 20-30 most lives and even with the coming changes will still be pretty solid. Stone Prison Guard, Earthgrab Guard, Immunity to Slippery Surfaces, + FeatherFall and Masters Gift on one item? Its worth the slot.

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:46am
Print Post  
seems like you can make fort + ins. fort = 99% fort at level 7. And put another effect on there.  So I'm taking fort off the todo list.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  
It is...just...too... much, I cant get myself to play this game. I am gonna go back to the moboes and earn some infractions.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
looks like ranged/melee alacrity is not going to be available until after level 16 although we could use that section of the google.docs filled out. 

Also looks like it will only be able to be crafted onto weapons.

So, should probably make some of that.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:05pm:
looks like ranged/melee alacrity is not going to be available until after level 16 although we could use that section of the google.docs filled out. 

Well you get 10% ranged alacrity from your quiver, and what else are you going to put in the quiver slot?  +1d6 poison?  Pass.  So really only melee needs to worry about their alacrity.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:05pm:

Get a couple BTA craftable trinkets from the store and put masterful+alacrity on them.   BTA ML1 10% melee or ranged alacrity is hard to beat for TRs and new toons.  Not many good trinkets until later heroics for non-casters.  For the same reason, I generally put masterful + ranged alacrity on any of the lower heroic ML craftable runearms.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
Get a couple BTA craftable trinkets from the store and put masterful+alacrity on them.   BTA ML1 10% melee or ranged alacrity is hard to beat for TRs and new toons.  Not many good trinkets until later heroics for non-casters.  For the same reason, I generally put masterful + ranged alacrity on any of the lower heroic ML craftable runearms.

Them Sauhagins r hard.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:57pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint