Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Things to do before the crafting update (Read 20964 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Things to do before the crafting update
Reply #25 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
Get a couple BTA craftable trinkets from the store and put masterful+alacrity on them.   BTA ML1 10% melee or ranged alacrity is hard to beat for TRs and new toons.  Not many good trinkets until later heroics for non-casters.  For the same reason, I generally put masterful + ranged alacrity on any of the lower heroic ML craftable runearms.

Quiver of Alacrity is no ML and has 10% ranged alacrity and 30% move speed. On the quiver slot, its kinda tough to beat.

I certainly HOPE everyone here has one of those by now...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #26 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:36pm:
Get a couple BTA craftable trinkets from the store

Fuck you. Craft it on a BTC trinket, maybe. After New CC goes live though, I'm making most of those BTA myself. Fuck the store.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #27 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
Fuck you. Craft it on a BTC trinket, maybe. After New CC goes live though, I'm making most of those BTA myself. Fuck the store.

No room for something that niche on a BtC trinket. That'll get thrown out after the third TR.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:57pm:
No room for something that niche on a BtC trinket. That'll get thrown out NewCrafted into a BTA trinket after the third TR New CC goes live.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Thanks. Appreciate the fix.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 5:48pm:

/shrug  It's 150 TP.  Takes an hour or less to earn that by rolling up an Iconic and zerging through the newbie stuff.

Will converting the btc trinket into bta with the new system remove the masterful ML reduction from it?

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 4:15pm:
Quiver of Alacrity is no ML and has 10% ranged alacrity and 30% move speed. On the quiver slot, its kinda tough to beat.

I certainly HOPE everyone here has one of those by now...

Yes, this is the alternative for ranged alacrity at low level assuming someone does have a bunch of those from the 10th anniv thing.  However, at some point Turbine may fix that.  If/when they do, it will be too late to do the masterful+alacrity items.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 10:34pm:
Will converting the btc trinket into bta with the new system remove the masterful ML reduction from it?

It will.

Takes an hour or less to earn that

How much do you get paid an hour?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 8:47am
Print Post  

Yes.  On the other hand, the festival trinkets (I forget where they come from, Risia turn ins?  I just have about 5 in the bank) don't get MC and so will lose nothing, and will be able to be made BtA and 3 property trinkets.

Revaulting wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:14am:

That's a nice out of context quote that changes the meaning entirely.  Well done!  Not many people get paid anything at all to play a video game, but Turbine does 'pay' people 25 TP/100 Favor, and an iconic can smash low level content like House J Coin Lords and earn the TP and the extra bank/inv space at the same time.

Excluding only L Tempest, that's 890 Favor and with 10 Favor anywhere  else a fairly handy 225TP.  Crush it w/o bothering with breakables and optionals, just looking for max favor/hour and it's probably 2-3 hours work, tops.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Wonder if disjuncted BTC shards of power will be convertable to BTA the same way as the store bought trinkets.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:00am:
Wonder if disjuncted BTC shards of power will be convertable to BTA the same way as the store bought trinkets.

It seems to be anything craftable. So I'm gonna guess yes.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:23pm:
It seems to be anything craftable. So I'm gonna guess yes.

Well, those don't cost TP and I seem to get them every life and vendor them any more.  A range alacrity shard of power sounds nice.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:14am:
It will.

If it removes the masterful craftsmanship then it won't be an ML 1 alacrity item anymore.  It will be ML3.  Granted, the difference between lvl 1 and 3 is pretty small.

I get paid zero for all the hours I already play the game.  What's your point?
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:52pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:50pm:
I get paid zero for all the hours I already play the game.  What's your point?

You're getting paid negative dollars. Work 15 minutes to half an hour, buy the damn trinket, and then you're ahead at least 30 minutes.

To me, it's not worth paying for and sure as hell ain't worth grinding. But then I've got more trinkets than I know what to do with already.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #39 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 10:49am:
You're getting paid negative dollars. Work 15 minutes to half an hour, buy the damn trinket, and then you're ahead at least 30 minutes.

To me, it's not worth paying for and sure as hell ain't worth grinding. But then I've got more trinkets than I know what to do with already.

I am salaried and do not get additional compensation for working hours beyond what is required to perform my job functions.  Thus, playing DDO when I'm not working does result in negative pay as you put it.

If you want to look at it your way though, unless you earn a substantial income from your hobbies, everything other than "work" has an opportunity cost.  That's kind of the point of hobbies and recreation versus work so it doesn't matter if you spend that time farming TP for a BTA trinket, reading a book, etc.

I will play DDO x hours in any given week regardless of the need for a BTA store trinket.  In the normal course of playing DDO I easily earn enough TP from favor, monster manuals, etc. to get BTA trinkets from the store without putting any special effort into it so why not?

How many other named trinkets you have is irrelevant to this discussion since none of them are ML1 and have ranged/melee alacrity.  There are very few useful trinkets for melee and ranged builds in the lower heroics.  Good named trinkets start showing up around level 13 and the RNG speed items don't grant 10% until higher levels.  Thus, an ML1 BTA trinket with 10% alacrity on it is useful.

« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:43pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:01am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
I am salaried and do not get additional compensation for working hours beyond what is required to perform my job functions.

Ah, I see. Salary is its own interesting compromise. Kind of a hedge, hoping you won't wind up working for this guy:

everything other than including "work" has an opportunity cost.

A hobby comes at the expense of getting a second job, or sleep, and the job comes at the expense of recreation time, etc. Opportunity cost is more or less how an economist faces the fact that you can't be in two different places at once, and your time is limited.

Seemed an appropriate question at the time. But no one should really think about it too often. That would drive anyone nuts.

In the normal course of playing DDO I easily earn enough TP from favor, monster manuals, etc. to get BTA trinkets from the store without putting any special effort into it so why not?

That makes sense. I flower-sniff, and spend what feels like more than half my playing time standing at the bank looking for some goddamn thing or another, then forgetting what I wanted it for. If that behavior earned TP, I guess I'd be a fucking TP tycoon.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #41 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:01am:
Ah, I see. Salary is its own interesting compromise. Kind of a hedge, hoping you won't wind up working for this guy:
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/duyye2b0vzi142bpfr5j.jpg

A hobby comes at the expense of getting a second job, or sleep, and the job comes at the expense of recreation time, etc. Opportunity cost is more or less how an economist faces the fact that you can't be in two different places at once, and your time is limited.

Seemed an appropriate question at the time. But no one should really think about it too often. That would drive anyone nuts.

That makes sense. I flower-sniff, and spend what feels like more than half my playing time standing at the bank looking for some goddamn thing or another, then forgetting what I wanted it for. If that behavior earned TP, I guess I'd be a fucking TP tycoon.

Hah.  I did end up working for the equivalent of that guy at my previous job.  12+ hours days with 18+ hour days while on-call wasn't enough.  Wised up, went and got a job at a company where one of their core values is quality of life and they don't want you working 80 hour weeks.   Oddly enough, I got 20% more pay, too.  Go figure.

You are correct that everything has an opportunity cost, even working.  In context of our discussion though, we were comparing playing DDO and acquiring TP versus work so I kept the opportunity cost likewise restricted to that context.

I flower-sniff, too.  My motto in missions is "Kill them all, break them all."  =P  Drives the more zergy people in my guild crazy.  Even flower-sniffing though, 150 TP is earned in the first few levels of every TR without any active farming of TP on my part.  Having an ML1 BTA melee alacrity trinket is basically a convenient perk from something I put minimal effort into acquiring.

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 9:49am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:44am
Print Post  
Looks like in the current system you can get a lore 15% item at level 7 and they won't be available until level 17 in the new system. 

So maybe make some of that.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #43 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:12am
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:44am:
Looks like in the current system you can get a lore 15% item at level 7 and they won't be available until level 17 in the new system. 

So maybe make some of that.

aye, also note that non-flexible lores go to weapon/shield/trinket only, while flexible (lvl 145~) can go to ring, amulet, armor/clothing/docent.

weapons/shields and armors are ml 6 with masterful

rings, amulets, trinktes are ml 7 the same way

I'd say since there are not much good heroic/armor/ docents, now is the time to farm sharn chain p2. for armor/docent and make some nice ml 6 lores.

Note: you can effectively have 3x ml 6 lore 15% items, when dualwielding and armoring. BUT farming weapons bta is messy. Prolly STK is the fast with 10~ mins. :/

EDIT: Oh well, there are cannith challange gears giving 12% lore at lvl 3 (or lvl 1, hehe). So if you miss out this loresticking, you will still have some options, tho not as good as the old crafting.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:14am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

ElGuapo
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
is this gonna fuck the no min-lvl cannith challenge gear?

I can totally see them fixing that with the new decon system.

Im gonna be pissed if true

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 10:35am
Print Post  
my understanding is that new challenge gear will no longer be craftable.  I imagine old gear will be considered named and will not be craftable either.

So I'm pretty sure you won't be enjoying that anymore.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
ElGuapo wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:52am:
is this gonna fuck the no min-lvl cannith challenge gear?

I can totally see them fixing that with the new decon system.

Im gonna be pissed if true

It's a done deal, crafting on challenge gear is going away.

The question remains are they just going to change the items with the update, or will people have to 'deconstruct' them or something to bring about the change.  I don't recall seeing any discussion on that.

But IIRC what they said was that the crafting option was going to go away and be replaced by a colored augment slot.  And that the non-unique effects on the challenge gear would be made to scale with the current NRL values.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:39am
Print Post  
anyone knnow how/if the consumable crafting will work?

Will there be runestones?

Will there be ammo?  Both arrows and bolts?  Will the Holy ammo be 2d6?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #48 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 2:23am
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:39am:
anyone knnow how/if the consumable crafting will work?

Basically as it is now.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #49 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 7:41am
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 12:39am:
Will the Holy ammo be 2d6?

And will it break DR?  Roll Eyes

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint