Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New CC and low-end heroics? (Read 14552 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

New CC and low-end heroics?
Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Ok, we've all seen the fun, crazy-high end 3-effect ML-30 items, which is neat.

Now let's look at the opposite-end of the spectrum. Old-style CC let you make an ML5 +4 stat item, ML7 Heavy Fort items,and ML7 15% Spell crit items. How does new CC compare when it comes to the really early heroics?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Re: New CC and low-end heroics?
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
[you hear a distance ghastly voice say] "Ahhhhhh the suffering......"

You know damn well youngsters are gonna take it in the keister

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
That's about what I was assuming, but nobody seems to be posting lvl 7 gear, and unfortunately I hear llama's down now.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #3 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Here’s the speadsheet of what values you get at specific levels.:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141kTWdX-ZqmRCN_zUBSVwlGQqi0a_sIHzUr65AP3...

It looks like ML:5 +4 stat items are still a thing.
Fortification drops to 70% and spell crit is +10%

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:01pm:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/141kTWdX-ZqmRCN_zUBSVwlGQqi0a_sIHzUr65AP3...

Well that's certainly not so terrible. Now we just need to berate turbine into adding flexible shards back in and we'll for once have an actual working crafting system.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Doggydaddy wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 6:42pm:
[you hear a distance ghastly voice say] "Ahhhhhh the suffering......"

You know damn well youngsters are gonna take it in the keister

Because if the low level stuff is too good, new players might stick around and then Sev would be stuck in this backwater MMO instead of moving on to Batman Crush or WTF ever new crap Turdbin wants to drizzle out to mobile devices.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:56pm
Print Post  

Looks like skills lose only the -2 levels for mastercrafting, but then gain the potential for insightful.  So a bit of a wash.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 17th, 2016 at 8:50pm:
then Sev would be stuck in this backwater MMO instead of moving on to Batman Crush

But, it seem obvious now that he is going to be sutck with backwater MMOs... Unless he leave Turbine. He is producer for AC, AC2 and DDO... and if you look at what Cordovan does, he will move to LoTRO next as well.

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/3854-hello-from-cordovan/

From Cordovan, in the loTRO equivalent of The Vault.
Quote:
Hello! I wanted to create an account here just to introduce myself, and see what's going on. I know there's been some animosity between the community folks and this forum in the past, but AFAIK it didn't involve me (much?), so I figure this new era of sorts is a good time to say hello. I'm the current Community Manager for LOTRO and DDO (and to the extent AC is still supported, Asheron's Call.) I'm an old-school gamer and pen and paper nerd. Ask me about my THACO!

There's a lot of work to do in the LOTRO community in the coming weeks, and I plan to do it. If you have a short bullet-list of what you feel is most important for the community (not development, that's a different thing), lemme know.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:57am:
But, it seem obvious now that he is going to be sutck with backwater MMOs... Unless he leave Turbine. He is producer for AC, AC2 and DDO... and if you look at what Cordovan does, he will move to LoTRO next as well.

Boy, it's almost worth the effort to create an account there and ask him if he thinks fairness is important when moderating, or if favoritism will run rampant there like in the DDO forums.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 7:18am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:57am:

He's already the producer for LOTRO. That's on the LOTRO forums, too. And I think it's actually also on the DDO forums somewhere. And no, I'm not searching it out for you.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #10 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 6:50am:
Boy, it's almost worth the effort to create an account there and ask him if he thinks fairness is important when moderating, or if favoritism will run rampant there like in the DDO forums.

Cordovan's predecessor's predecessor at the LOTRO forums was less even-handed that Cordovan.  If someone wants to pursue this, start by referencing Sapience's asshattery, perhaps mention that it's still fresh in people's memories, and ask what Cordovan's plans are to foster trust in the player base and not repeat Sapience's deplorable behavior.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 9:03am
Print Post  
It's nice to see Turbine employees branching out and fucking up other projects. We don't mind sharing. I hope the LOTRO community enjoys the forum favoritism and soon to be broken pie/mail delivery quests. On second thought two dozen broken pie delivery quests might be a good thing for LOTRO. Just try not to fuck up the drink tell you pass out festival.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2016 at 10:54am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 9:55am
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 7:18am:
He's already the producer for LOTRO.

I wasn't sure... but well the pattern is easy now... it's the same team for all 4 games.

OldCoaly wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 8:46am:
Cordovan's predecessor's predecessor at the LOTRO forums was less even-handed that Cordovan. If someone wants to pursue this, start by referencing Sapience's asshattery,

Should we start mentioning Tarrant time ?  I was still in Europe at that time, but I saw some of it... It made me glad to be in Europe.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

slowertraffic
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Fortification drops to 70%

at lvl 7 you can make 66% fort and 33% insightful fort. That's close enough to heavy fort as makes no difference. You can also add a third effect, which you currently cannot.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:26am
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:14am:
at lvl 7 you can make 66% fort and 33% insightful fort. That's close enough to heavy fort as makes no difference. You can also add a third effect, which you currently cannot.

So the consensus seems to be that, aside from a handful of niche spaces, new CC actually beats old.

Now we just need some motherfucking flex shards and we will be ready to rock'n'roll.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Looking like a set at lvl 5 and 15 is worth it.

Was looking at a set for lvl 20-21 but I don't think it would pay off. The power you get at 15 is already enough to get to ~26 or so when LGS and other gear kicks in.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
slowertraffic wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:14am:

What's the cost of 33% insightful fort? That sounds like it would be out of reach of most people in need of ML 7 gear ... I mean, you can buy the ingredients with the astral shards you pull from chests, but that doesn't make it a practical solution. Is adding insightful comparable to crafting heavy to begin with?

And the 3rd effect isn't an improvement because heavy only to 1 slot so both leave you with 1 slot free.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:11pm:
What's the cost of 33% insightful fort? That sounds like it would be out of reach of most people in need of ML 7 gear ... I mean, you can buy the ingredients with the astral shards you pull from chests, but that doesn't make it a practical solution. Is adding insightful comparable to crafting heavy to begin with?

And the 3rd effect isn't an improvement because heavy only to 1 slot so both leave you with 1 slot free.

A)  Fort is in "group 1" which has a base level of 1.  Insightful is +175, so you could craft it at level 175.   (160 with 50% success rate and no booster).  To get that you need to have about 35k or so crafting XP. 

Old Cannith required an elemental level of 100 for heavy fort.  Level 100 required 35k of XP.  So anyone who could craft heavy fort before can craft fort and Insightful fort in the new system.   

B)  I don't know what the ingredient costs are for an insightful fort shard.  The old heavy fort shard required 2 PED's I think.  I suspect the new one needs 5, so there would be a higher cost on it, is my suspicion.

C)  Both items will still have 1 open slot.  The differences will be:  The new item will stay ML 7 with whatever you add.  The old item, to use the other slot would require raising the ML.  So the new item gets more power at ML 7 as the second effect will be an ML 7 effect.

It's more power, but at more costs of ingredients is basically the trade off.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
While there are plenty of valid points for and against the new CC system, I really do not understand all the fuss about crafting heavy fortification.

ML8 blue augs are available all day long for 20 tokens of the twelve and there is plenty of easily acquired ML8 named gear with blue aug slots on it.  Mobs really don't start hitting hard enough to care much about having 100% fortification until level 8 or later anyway.

It always seemed like a big waste of PEDs to use them for CC fortification instead of just using an aug and I don't see that changing with the new CC.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 11:26am:
Now we just need some motherfucking flex shards and we will be ready to rock'n'roll.

Yeah.  The removal of flex shards and the new collectables seem to be the two largest issues with the new system.  Gingerspice put out a "a first look at the new CC" type video and it was comical watching him try to find things he could actually craft on a ring.  A ring, of all things!  The thing in PnP D&D that could have almost any effect on it.

Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:56pm:
While there are plenty of valid points for and against the new CC system, I really do not understand all the fuss about crafting heavy fortification.

ML8 blue augs are available all day long for 20 tokens of the twelve and there is plenty of easily acquired ML8 named gear with blue aug slots on it.

Maybe so, but that gear isn't either all that available or suitable for plenty of builds.  I haven't had a blue augment slot on my main for the past 2 TRs and I don't expect that to change for the next 2 either.  And once you're in epics the fort actually starts coming on gear in useful quantities, so it's less of a concern unless you're slurping the -50% fort yugo pots.
« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:50pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:45pm:
Yeah.  The removal of flex shards and the new collectables seem to be the two largest issues with the new system.  Gingerspice put out a "a first look at the new CC" type video and it was comical watching him try to find things he could actually craft on a ring.  A ring, of all things!  The thing in PnP D&D that could have almost any effect on it.

Yeah I feel the pain. I had A LOT of trouble making a 3-effect item on LAM with the collectables I had.

Honestly the collectables issue is secondary to the lack of flex shards, though. It'd be a grind, but as long as you can effectively level CC without purified dragonshards I don't really give a shit that you need a lot of collectables - I already pick them up obsessively and have tons. But no flex shards? that's just unacceptable.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 1:45pm:
Maybe so, but that gear isn't either all that available or suitable for plenty of builds.  I haven't had a blue augment slot on my main for the past 2 TRs and I don't expect that to change for the next 2 either.  And once you're in epics the fort actually starts coming on gear in useful quantities, so it's less of a concern unless you're slurping the -50% fort yugo pots.

Wtf are you going on about?  You're seriously trying to say that you can slot a single piece of ML8 gear from this list http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Blue_augment_slot_items or this list http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Green_augment_slot_items?  I don't think you tried very hard.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mysterious_Bracers_(Level_7)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sigil_of_Stormreach
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Spectacular_Optics
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Krugg%27s_Spiked_Boots
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Black_Wolfskin_Cloak
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Hellfire_Cloak
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Mysterious_Cloak_(Level_7)
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rabbit_Gloves
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Headman%27s_Hood
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Glacial_Casque
http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Crystal_Prism

All of those are BTA and around ML8 with a blue aug slot.  Not to mention that it looks like there are between 3 and 10 BTA named armors in each type with blue aug slots between ML 1 and 8.

If you really can't fit a BTA named item with a blue aug slot of some sort on your lvl 8-12 heroic toon, it's only due to your laziness or stubborness and makes you sound like Fran.

« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:32pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #22 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
A)  Fort is in "group 1" which has a base level of 1.  Insightful is +175, so you could craft it at level 175.   (160 with 50% success rate and no booster).  To get that you need to have about 35k or so crafting XP. 

Old Cannith required an elemental level of 100 for heavy fort.  Level 100 required 35k of XP.  So anyone who could craft heavy fort before can craft fort and Insightful fort in the new system.   

B)  I don't know what the ingredient costs are for an insightful fort shard.  The old heavy fort shard required 2 PED's I think.  I suspect the new one needs 5, so there would be a higher cost on it, is my suspicion.

C)  Both items will still have 1 open slot.  The differences will be:  The new item will stay ML 7 with whatever you add.  The old item, to use the other slot would require raising the ML.  So the new item gets more power at ML 7 as the second effect will be an ML 7 effect.

It's more power, but at more costs of ingredients is basically the trade off.   

Sweet, tyvm! Yeah, 3 extra PEDs is a pain, but Eberron Dragonshards drop often enough that 5 peds isn't out of the reach of most people. It's a bit costlier, but in the ballpark and has other benefits as you pointed out. Honestly, I was expecting a much worse price, I'm very happy to be mistaken.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #23 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
Wtf are you going on about?  You're seriously trying to say that you can slot a single piece of ML8 gear from this list http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Blue_augment_slot_items or this list http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Green_augment_slot_items?  I don't think you tried very hard.

For that matter, the bracers and cloak you get from the Mysterious Remnants turn ins have green slots on them.

Also greensteel at level 12.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #24 - Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 12:56pm:

ML8 blue augs are available all day long for 20 tokens of the twelve and there is plenty of easily acquired ML8 named gear with blue aug slots on it.  Mobs really don't start hitting hard enough to care much about having 100% fortification until level 8 or later anyway.

It always seemed like a big waste of PEDs to use them for CC fortification instead of just using an aug and I don't see that changing with the new CC.

20 tokens are fine when you get over 20 and can run EN DA, but that's years into the game for many people. Both 20 tokens and 5 PEDs are more than I'd gift to a random noob, but said noob could reasonably get the CC version for himself by the time it was needed on his first life. It would take a bit of luck, but it's not like winning lotto twice back to back like some Turbine probabilities are.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint