Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) New CC and low-end heroics? (Read 14588 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: New CC and low-end heroics?
Reply #50 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
Yes, anyone who's been playing a while has or can easily get a few dozen PEDs. Personally, if I converted everything I have stockpiled over several years, I could probably have about 150.

That won't help much since the new system will required THOUSANDS of the damn things to grind out the needed XP.

This is the part every moron and asswipe screaming "But I know where to get them!" is missing: you won't be able to get ENOUGH if you combine all of those ways. Yeah, once you f9inish leveling you can grind out 5 or 6 in an afternoon. That won't help you when you need 3,000-4,000.

Why do you need 3000-4000 PED's?  At 5 per shard that is 600-800 shards.  How many items with insightful on it are you planning to make?  Most people I hear of are leveling using only the ML shards, which don't use PED's.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:03pm:
Why do you need 3000-4000 PED's?  At 5 per shard that is 600-800 shards.  How many items with insightful on it are you planning to make?  Most people I hear of are leveling using only the ML shards, which don't use PED's.   

Are you able to level effectively on that? Last I checked, you were going to need PEDs to reach the higher levels, and that means grinding out hundreds of shards(at 5 a shard).

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #52 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:07pm:
Are you able to level effectively on that? Last I checked, you were going to need PEDs to reach the higher levels, and that means grinding out hundreds of shards(at 5 a shard).

I think that leveling path (ML shards only) crap out at around 380's.  At that point, you can craft anything you want at 100% except Tier 3 effect unbound insightful shards.  Those are level 425 and are out of reach, even with a booster. 

I guess if you want to be able to make unbound items with T3 insightful effects on them, you might need to use PED's.  If you don't, it isn't an issue.

I don't know for sure, since I didn't put that much effort into the leveling to the highest end.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
Yes, anyone who's been playing a while has or can easily get a few dozen PEDs. Personally, if I converted everything I have stockpiled over several years, I could probably have about 150.

That won't help much since the new system will required THOUSANDS of the damn things to grind out the needed XP.

This is the part every moron and asswipe screaming "But I know where to get them!" is missing: you won't be able to get ENOUGH if you combine all of those ways. Yeah, once you f9inish leveling you can grind out 5 or 6 in an afternoon. That won't help you when you need 3,000-4,000.

That won't help you when you need 3,000-4,000, except for the fact that you just don't.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #54 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
good to see that people understand the stupidity of the PED cost... even if Asheras don't... But that's normal from him, he doesn't seems to play the same game.  Roll Eyes

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #55 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:47pm:
good to see that people understand the stupidity of the PED cost... even if Asheras don't... But that's normal from him, he doesn't seems to play the same game.  Roll Eyes

Lol.  Sometimes it is tough for me to take off my "meta gamer" hat.  I do see that there are some problems with PED cost for the community at large. I've changed my opinion on this over the last week or so after reading some threads on the MoBo and here. 

I don't mind the use of PED's, theoretically.  However, there are some problems with that in relation to binding status, and drop rates.  I think that they kill the "crafting for others" community since they are BTA and the only unbound options in the list (tomes, S/M/L Ebberon Dragonshard Fragments) are equally as rare and difficult to come by in large quantities, especially for new players. 

They either need to massively up the drop rates on the S/M/L Ebby dragonshards, or make purifieds unbound AND make them more accessible to all the player base.  Otherwise, crafting for guildies and friends won't happen much, let alone crafting for randoms to be nice. 

I think some adjustment on the cost, or the drop rates of the source ingredients for PED's is appropriate to open up these community options. 

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #56 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:07pm:
Lol.  Sometimes it is tough for me to take off my "meta gamer" hat. 

[...]

I don't mind the use of PED's, theoretically.  However, there are some problems with that in relation to binding status, and drop rates. 

[...]

They either need to massively up the drop rates on the S/M/L Ebby dragonshards, or make purifieds unbound AND make them more accessible to all the player base.  Otherwise, crafting for guildies and friends won't happen much, let alone crafting for randoms to be nice. 

I think some adjustment on the cost, or the drop rates of the source ingredients for PED's is appropriate to open up these community options. 

in order :

I get a refresher every monday evening ( static group, no twinking, no playing outside the group, half the group only play in said group, we play quest at level, half the group is 28 pointers. ).
Trust me on that one it's strange to have a group where half the people do not know the in an outs of any quest... or a group where people can become lost in a quest or an explorer area because you ran too fast.

That's my issue too, I don't mind the PEDs, I mind the amount of them needed.
Having a cost of 1 or 2 PEDs for Insightful recipes seemed right.... 5 seems like a witch hunt to deplete the hoard of those that duped and weren't caught with the Extreme Prejudice

not massively, but increase the drop rate to the rare collectie level is mandatory, and make them unbound, whatever the source. ( collectie, token exchange or tome exchange ) should do it IMNSHO as well as lowering the cost per reciper to 2 or 3 PEDs.

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:30pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:12pm
Print Post  

They made Sorrowdusk end-chain collectables useless (for which I'm glad, btw). They should make those tradeable for PEMs.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #58 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
They either need to massively up the drop rates on the S/M/L Ebby dragonshards…

I’m thinking that’s coming with the collectible drop revamp. 

KuKuForCoCoPuffs seemed to be suggesting that in this post:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477723-Update-32-on-Lamannia-Cannith-C...
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:12am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint