Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Check out the new guy! (Read 12348 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Check out the new guy!
Reply #25 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 18th, 2016 at 2:05pm:
Lynnabel is a gal, not a guy.

She's also done on Friday. She's a summer intern.

Then let us hope there are no Bill Clintons at Turbine.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #26 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:34am
Print Post  
No matter what I could say in this conversation, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #27 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:34am:
No matter what I could say in this conversation, people are going to believe whatever they want to believe.

That's the whole point of The Vault.  Grin

We all want to believe ( in anything relevant or irrelevant, it doesn't matter )   Roll Eyes

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #28 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:52am:
We all want to believe ( in anything relevant or irrelevant, it doesn't matter )  

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:34am by Durk »  

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #29 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:48am by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #30 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Only the true messiah denies his divinity.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #31 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
So if you guys could fix like five things, what would they be? Small shit, typos in tooltips, icon mismatches, etc.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #32 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:13pm:
So if you guys could fix like five things, what would they be? Small shit, typos in tooltips, icon mismatches, etc.

You're breaking my heart.

Seriously, stop it.  Cry

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Lynnabel is a gal, not a guy.

Classic turbine.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:47pm
Print Post  

I'd make all quest givers have the option "Begin Quest" immediately, instead of after 8 billion dialog clicks.

Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:25pm:
You're breaking my heart.

Seriously, stop it. 

But more seriously, this.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 9:34am:

Thank you for your service and hope you get help with your PTSD (Post-Turdbine Stress Disorder)

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Well she is young, full of idealism and probably naive. And she is gone.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  

Isn't this a bit late?  Today is Friday...

I'd point you to the hundreds of ddowiki documented bugs.  I linked to them earlier in this thread.  That's a great place to start to try to make the game stop lying to the players about how things work.

Pick whichever 5 you like, it's all an improvement, it's all appreciated.  And it has all been ignored for so many years that I'm actually shocked that you're being allowed to correct a few of the known issues.

The only question remaining is why it took your presence to make these simple corrections...  And that is a philosophical question which reveals quite a bit about the Turbine mindset, where ignoring known and obvious issues which could be trivially corrected seems to be culturally prohibited for unknown reasons.

I hope you'll be back to continue your good works.  Fare well!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
Isn't this a bit late?  Today is Friday...

I'd point you to the hundreds of ddowiki documented bugs.  I linked to them earlier in this thread.  That's a great place to start to try to make the game stop lying to the players about how things work.

Pick whichever 5 you like, it's all an improvement, it's all appreciated.  And it has all been ignored for so many years that I'm actually shocked that you're being allowed to correct a few of the known issues.

The only question remaining is why it took your presence to make these simple corrections...  And that is a philosophical question which reveals quite a bit about the Turbine mindset, where ignoring known and obvious issues which could be trivially corrected seems to be culturally prohibited for unknown reasons.

I hope you'll be back to continue your good works.  Fare well!

Pick five.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #39 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  

Quest list staying sorted.  Not bloody random every time you reopen it.
Tabs for sagas.

normal/hard/elite/ etc ... columns for quests. Have you done it on this difficulty ? Green Yes, Red No.

And omg account wide search.
Hey, let's spend next hour searching 50 bags, 5 mailboxes, 2 mules looking for one single augment or whatever.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #40 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
Quest list staying sorted.  Not bloody random every time you reopen it.
Tabs for sagas.

normal/hard/elite/ etc ... columns for quests. Have you done it on this difficulty ? Green Yes, Red No.

And omg account wide search.
Hey, let's spend next hour searching 50 bags, 5 mailboxes, 2 mules looking for one single augment or whatever.

None of this is small stuff.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #41 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:54pm:

How about ladder bug then ?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #42 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:46pm
Print Post  

I'd also like to fix 2010 and 2011, but you said five things.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Pick five.

As much as I appreciate your proactive nature in fixing things which have been left broken for all too long, asking me to "pick 5" is a bit of a cop out after I've pointed you to a list of over 200 bugs.

Pick any 5 and fix them, I'll be just as appreciative as if you had fixed any other 5.  It is all positive progress, and there's no list of 5 that is more progress than any other list of 5, IMO.

The real issue here is that there is a third party list of over 200 bugs and yet only your presence as a summer intern has seen any movement at all to correct this list, despite that fact that making progress on this list appears to have been a very easy thing all along, and has existed as a list Turbine has been aware of for a great many years.

Just how pathetic is Turbine when doing the easy thing is the very last thing that they manage to do?

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:58pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #44 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:54pm:

Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:04pm:
Not even the quest list not staying in order ?

The quest list used to stay in order.

/ShowHelmet ON|OFF also used to stick through logout/login

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #45 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
when you target an interactive like a lever, and then press E to use- the game now untargets the interactive

please revert this so that attempting to use an interactive does not force it to be un targeted

to understand this complaint, look at something like a lever or control panel. press Q to select it. press E while you are out of range. the selected item is no longer selected.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:46am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 10:37pm:
when you target an interactive like a lever, and then press E to use- the game now untargets the interactive

please revert this so that attempting to use an interactive does not force it to be un targeted

to understand this complaint, look at something like a lever or control panel. press Q to select it. press E while you are out of range. the selected item is no longer selected.

My last run through The Crucible says that this is not the case.  I used my hire to spin valves over and over again as I did my typical flailing about trying to get through the maze. 

What is a pain in the ass is that I have to kill mobs without targeting them in order to retain the focus on the valve.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #47 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
the known issues.

Officially the wiki bugs are not Known Issues...

Turbine definition of a Known issue is the following :
an issue for which we have all the relevant information to be able to fix it at some point in the future.

Anything else is not a Known Issue.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 1:15am:
Officially the wiki bugs are not Known Issues...

Turbine definition of a Known issue is the following :
an issue for which we have all the relevant information to be able to fix it at some point in the future.

Anything else is not a Known Issue.

I'm well aware of just how utterly stupid the Turbine definition of a "known issue" is.  When I use the term I use it in the correct manner, to refer to an issue which is known to Turbine.  Period.  The amount of information they have or think they need or whatever else they want to say about their idiot list is not a part of the phrase.  And really, they don't even follow their own definition, or all of the tooltip fixes that Lynnabel just entered on the Lammania build would have been on that list.

I have received email responses from Turbine CS pointing me at the wiki, so the list of DDO bugs on the wiki is very well something that they are aware of.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #49 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:46am:
this is not the case

without making a video that shows my hands AND my monitors simultaneously with a 3rd party govt representative from the dept of weights and measures in frame to verify officiality, i would like to stress that this is the case

i am open to the possibility that it is some setting on my end

i am not open to your method of testing being a random quest half way through the game and evidence of a failure to comprehend the post to which u were responding- no part of your explanation describes nor implies the steps in my post. (pressing q and then pressing e)

walk into harbor, spin around 360 degrees pressing q to target anything at all, and then e to use it (despite being too far away) the target is no longer targeted. or if u really like your crucible example, "next time" you are in there and telling your hire to do stuff and fighting without targeting, stop right in the middle of the path and press E once for no reason.

this all assumes you have your keys bound to whatever is intended and not some wacky user shit

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint