Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Check out the new guy! (Read 12369 times)
Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Re: Check out the new guy!
Reply #50 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 10:36am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 8:11am:
without making a video that shows my hands AND my monitors simultaneously with a 3rd party govt representative from the dept of weights and measures in frame to verify officiality, i would like to stress that this is the case

i am open to the possibility that it is some setting on my end

If it's a setting, I've got it too. Bugs the crap out of me. I don't think it happens 100% of the time for me, but it's frequent enough that on a fairly regular basis I curse the morons responsible for maintaining the game. Targeting in general is screwed up, I can have IPS on and hard target a boss, and a mob passing in front will grab the target. And lots of other examples. They seriously need to fix targeting.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:12am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 8:11am:
i am not open to your method of testing being a random quest half way through the game and evidence of a failure to comprehend the post to which u were responding- no part of your explanation describes nor implies the steps in my post. (pressing q and then pressing e)

Except for the fact that I press 'q' to get my focus on the valves and then press 'e' every single time to make my hire spin that valve for me, you're right, nothing about my method is anything like what you have described.  Which is to say that you are not right, everything about my method is exactly like what you have described.  I never lose focus on the valve after I press 'e'.  It just doesn't happen.

I'm sorry you're having this issue.  I don't have many settings different from the default in my UI.  Here is all I can recall:
1) I lock my toolbars because if I don't I manage to drag something I need off of them in the middle of combat.
2) (this is a 'several' grouping) I have set my video resolution and other settings up to maximum levels except for post-processing which I used to toggle off for WGU but now just leave off all the time.  Slightly prettier water is not worth the purple haze of walking off of the iceberg in WGU, and I can't be bothered any longer to toggle it every time I run that quest.
3) I've had to disable two other output devices because DDO is stupid and would pick one at fucking random every time I'd play and this was the only way to keep it set on the output device I wanted.  No, seriously, I could set it, play, log out, and the next time DDO would have selected one at random again.  But that was changes on my computer, not in the DDO sound settings.  I didn't use them anyway so it wasn't a bother other than the fact that this is a DDO issue only, no other application, game, whatever had that problem.  It took me quite a while to catch DDO picking the wrong device at random, too, which was quite annoying.
4) Tips are set to off.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:13am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #52 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Autotarget off, yo.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #53 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:12am:
Except for the fact that I press 'q' to get my focus on the valves and then press 'e' every single time to make my hire spin that valve for me, you're right, nothing about my method is anything like what you have described.  Which is to say that you are not right, everything about my method is exactly like what you have described.  I never lose focus on the valve after I press 'e'.  It just doesn't happen.

my pets and hirelings do not interact when i press E as by default the interact keys are bound to E and U and hireling interaction would need to be user defined to a corresponding hotbar location to be mapped to E. so you are claiming to have not edited your default keybinds yet your hirelings hotbarred use function is bound to E, which should be your own use key. what key do you have bound to interact?

i am currently standing in a quest with both a pet AND a hireling just outside of a self centered AoE distance from a lever. everytime i press E, both my pet and hire do nothing and i am told that the lever is out of range. explain how 2 people using the same configuration can have such differing gameplay experiences. while all of mine have been tested as posted at the time of posting, your claims are from "the last time i ran crucible" you either have custom settings preventing you from realizing im right (your e key isnt bound to interact) or you are just typing words with no association to reality

im trying to come off as kindly and specific in every post regarding this contradiction youve raised yet youve been vehemently gay and retarded in every response. you look great bro keep it up

maybe you are on some ethiopian keyboard and your shit is all different but i surely addressed that when i stated in an earlier post about wacky settings (hey maybe in your land § is the default key for interact) but for everyone who matters to trump we are talking about the E key and its default binding to Interact, causing selected non enemy targets to become deselected. Why is your E key bound by default to a hireling hotbar location? Its pretty clear you did not understand the initial issue, nor were you familiar enough with the game to make an educated guess, but you were more than willing to take an opportunity to shit on someone who's game experience was different than your own. youve repeatedly proven to be an inexperienced amateur with regards to DDO and shitposter supreme with regards to social media.

Now, watch how a gentleman of stature, someone who actually plays the game and knows what the fuck they are talking about, handles this topic, in contrast to your method- with experience instead of ignorance:

Starkjade wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:29am:
Autotarget off, yo.

That did it, thanks bro!

a 5 post chain containing thousands of words that gets no where vs a 2 postchain with 8 words leaving everyone smiling. i should have known better as soon as i saw how offtopic and retarded your initial response was that discussing it with you wasnt worth my time. thank you kindly stark for the solution and fuck you frank you non default keybind using contrarian gay retard

the answer was "press G to stop interactives from being deselected after use"

not "my E key is bound to Hireling bar 1 slot 6 so your problem cannot exist"

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #54 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:08am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
the answer was "press G to stop interactives from being deselected after use"

not "my E key is bound to Hireling bar 1 slot 6 so your problem cannot exist"

Needs testing. I'm binding my E key to Hireling bar 1 slot 6 right now.

Does your problem still exist?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 3:38am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:27pm:
<mouth diarrhea>

I'm very happy that someone was able to reduce your idiocy for you, since you lack that capability for yourself.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint