Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic racial past life as possibility.... (Read 2522 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

racial past life as possibility....
Aug 19th, 2016 at 7:27am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477928-Kobold-Player-Race-and-2017-Exp...)

youtube vid says it all.

They came up with this brand new idea of racial past life!!! OMG! Kewl! Where did they get the idea from? Oh... from necroed mobo posts...

This gets really, really tiresome. They refute ideas for years, then steal and sell it as their own idea. Like party xp bonus, no xp penalty for death (other than the dead), and now this.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 7:28am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: racial past life as possibility....
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 7:30am
Print Post  
As a silver lining: they may actually implement all the good ideas by the year 2180.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
What's your problem?

It's a positive to take ideas from the forums. They are getting 99% ignored. I'm actually laughing at the people posting there. So when they take an idea that came up in the forums earlier, by chance or deliberately ("stolen") who cares? Is it a good change or not? It's totally irrelevant if it was once posted on the largely unread forum at one point.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:01pm:
What's your problem?

It's a positive to take ideas from the forums. They are getting 99% ignored. I'm actually laughing at the people posting there. So when they take an idea that came up in the forums earlier, by chance or deliberately ("stolen") who cares? Is it a good change or not? It's totally irrelevant if it was once posted on the largely unread forum at one point.

I'm with you on this one: a good idea is a good idea. Who cares so long as it gets implemented?

I think the "Wait a while and claim it was original" idea might even be better in the long run. Think about it: if the devs came in and said "hey, that's a good idea, we'll use that! Thanks, random player." you'd get even more people like Urrlock screaming terrible ideas from the rafters, more posters rallying behind them, and MASSIVE public pressure to implement ideas - no matter how awful - based on forum popularity and not sound design decisions.

Now, they aren't basing decisions on sound design currently, but still, who here wants to see Urlock calling the shots?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
I don't care where good ideas come from.  If they implement a good idea then it's a win for the players and that's all good by me.   Whatever it takes to get new systems or content that make sense.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:16pm:
I'm with you on this one: a good idea is a good idea. Who cares so long as it gets implemented?

I think the "Wait a while and claim it was original" idea might even be better in the long run. Think about it: if the devs came in and said "hey, that's a good idea, we'll use that! Thanks, random player." you'd get even more people like Urrlock screaming terrible ideas from the rafters, more posters rallying behind them, and MASSIVE public pressure to implement ideas - no matter how awful - based on forum popularity and not sound design decisions.

Now, they aren't basing decisions on sound design currently, but still, who here wants to see Urlock calling the shots?

This is just a bit tin-foil-hatted.

They came out and said straight up that the Kobold race was something that had been player requested for a very long time.  I didn't hear any claim at all that they came up with this idea on their own.

I'm as much for holding the Turbine feet to the fire for their easily identified failings as the next guy, but to retain some modicum of intellectual honesty you have to give them credit where credit is due.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 5:48pm:
This is just a bit tin-foil-hatted.

They came out and said straight up that the Kobold race was something that had been player requested for a very long time.  I didn't hear any claim at all that they came up with this idea on their own.

I'm as much for holding the Turbine feet to the fire for their easily identified failings as the next guy, but to retain some modicum of intellectual honesty you have to give them credit where credit is due.

Yeah I openly admit I didn't really read the source post, was mostly just pointing out the danger in devs being too open about player ideas. Don't read Urrlock threads, you loose about 1 IQ point per 3 lines, and every one of his posts is a text-wall that would make karavek cream himself.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
I'm guessing racial past lives won't apply retroactively?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:53am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:48pm:
I'm guessing racial past lives won't apply retroactively? 

Right now it looks like they will be kobold only.  They did have some discussion about 'would the other races be jealous?' and the general answer seemed to be 'yes.'

But if the intent is, as it seems to be as far as I understood the conversation, to implement a gimp race that can be un-gimped via racial past lives, then no other races need this un-gimping.  I'm not even sure why the kobolds themselves would need this un-gimping, since that would seem to be contrary to the entire point of the race.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint