Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Gotta love turbine answers... (Read 8042 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Gotta love turbine answers...
Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Players: "This new CC system is great, but requires WAY TOO FUCKING MANY of this one extremely rare ingredient. You guys dun fucked up."

Turbine: "Its cool, we'll let you decon some also rare items into them, but not at anything even remotely approaching the rate at which you'll need them."

Players: "...that doesn't help!!!!!"

Yeah, once again we are looking at a crafting system where only one ingredient means anything, and all others will be secondary. Essences and collectables - you'll have more stacks than you know what to do with, but Purrified Eberron Dragonshard fragments will forever and always be in short supply.

I'm not too mad, though. Of all the ways Turdbin coulda fucked this one up, this is by far one of the mildest.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Re: Gotta love turbine answers...
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Fucking idiots...

You can trade 1:1 for 12 tokens.

How hard is that? (unless I am wrong then I'm the idiot)

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:35pm:
Fucking idiots...

You can trade 1:1 for 12 tokens.

How hard is that? (unless I am wrong then I'm the idiot)

1:1 for 12 tokens - I've been saving mine up for 5-6 lives, rolling on them and taking as many as I have. I've got maybe a few hundred.

CC crafting looks to require several thousand.

So, again, yeah its not impossible to get them, but they will end up being THE only ingredient that matters. Everything else you will have piles of.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Thank God I don't craft.

I hope everyone managed to find a way to get their Purified Eberron Fragments to mate in captivity.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I did, but the population never reached sufficient levels to meet the demands of the new system.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #5 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
This whole thing just smells of Turbine trying to "Level the Playing Field/ Stick it to Dupers" by continually adding new shit post duping "fix".

I'm sure the hardcore folks know more ways to "skin a cat" than Turbine does. Likely they understand the code better too.

Bad form, IMHO. Just use the old shit and fix the limitations.

Then again, wish in one hand... etc etc

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Or just politely ignore that duping ever happened and move on with your life. All they've done is make a huge grind for anyone who DIDN'T cheat.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:15pm:
Or just politely ignore that duping ever happened and move on with your life. All they've done is make a huge grind for anyone who DIDN'T cheat.

Agreed.

Like trying to "rope in" Fortification after we've all had 100% at Lvl9 (or even 7) for years.

Seriously... 94% on an ML:17 item?

Weaksauce.

Own your mistakes, and move on.

If people still rag on you for it afterwards, that's their problem.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm:
This whole thing just smells of Turbine trying to "Level the Playing Field/ Stick it to Dupers" by continually adding new shit post duping "fix".

Not in this case man, most folks I know have stacks and stacks of Ebby Fragments from when you could dupe em with two clicks. It was the dupapalooza right near the Thunderholme release IIRC.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #9 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 1:08pm:
This whole thing just smells of Turbine trying to "Level the Playing Field/ Stick it to Dupers"

By giving dupers a huge head start on crafting? Sadly, I think this is just their idea of a worthwhile grind.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #10 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 2:03pm:
Not in this case man, most folks I know have stacks and stacks of Ebby Fragments from when you could dupe em with two clicks. It was the dupapalooza right near the Thunderholme release IIRC.

I'm curious how many people took the time to dupe such an infrequently-used ing, though? In original CC, you can level all the way close enough to cap without ever using one, and the recipes that called for them were so few and far between that the meager few available were more than enough. I made a modest 2,000 or so assuming that would last me the rest of the game's lifespan, now its probably going to get burned up in a single afternoon of crafting.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 3:40pm:
I'm curious how many people took the time to dupe such an infrequently-used ing, though? In original CC, you can level all the way close enough to cap without ever using one, and the recipes that called for them were so few and far between that the meager few available were more than enough. I made a modest 2,000 or so assuming that would last me the rest of the game's lifespan, now its probably going to get burned up in a single afternoon of crafting.

Pretty much this, they are betting dupers focused on 50% card pots so didn't bother with ebby frags.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #12 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Looking back, I constantly wish I'd duped more. I kept it modest, the only things I went hog-wild on were canith challenge and thundforged. I kept very few of anything else... now, why oh why didn't I just make endless supplies of everything?!

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #13 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
You need purified shards only for insightful stat items no ?
You get one 1750 tome per life.
Can sometimes snag 1 or 2 tome for plat
Can get lucky twice per year with good roll from daily roll for useless bta tome.
Can farm tokens of the twelve.
You can trade in skill tomes now ? Prep all sagas in one afternoon.
Loot few eberron shards per life.
If you are not newb you prolly have buncha tokens of 12 already.
I don't get the bitching to be honest.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:20pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #14 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:13pm:

Once you level to a certain point, all further crafting xp is gated by Pure Ebby shards.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #15 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
At what level if I may ask ?
If I get wrong info, sorry. Read that you can level just with essence and collectibles. There's fuck all to do even on live, so I don't log to Lama anymore.

Just think that those 15 con/7con/50 false life rings or 15/str/7str/55 heal amp gloves we all salivating over should be really fucking expensive.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:24pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:13pm:

Obviously you didn't read before posting.

Even with all the sources you mentioned, the number of shards required to level is enormous. But, again, since you didn't read the thread, you missed the point, so I'll post it here for you:

The number of PEDs required is so high compared to their scarcity, that they invalidate all other ingredients.

It no longer becomes a quest for the correct essences and collectibles, you will gain many times what you need on the natural course of playing, but you will constantly be desperate for PEDs. They are the gate, the only scarce item.

As I mentioned in other posts(which you didn't read) I personally have about 2000 of them and stuff to trade for probably 500 more. At the rates the new system uses them, that will be gone in one afternoon of level-grinding.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
So can you level to 310 or was that 320 for every bta shard without purified shards or no ?

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #18 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
At what level if I may ask ?.

Around 360.  It’s when the unbound minimum level shards cap out.

Though, when it comes to leveling in the 380 range, I still had more issues with the rare collectibles than the PEDs.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #19 - Aug 19th, 2016 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
At what level if I may ask ?
If I get wrong info, sorry. Read that you can level just with essence and collectibles.

It's respectable. You can get to crafting level something 350ish on essences alone. And, in theory, that will allow you to craft most everything. The collectable choke-hold will stop you from crafting more than lack of crafting xp will.
Imo, the grind is more death-by-1000-cuts than anything else. Turbine never stops to consider overall grind. Or if they do, they pat themselves on the back over how much there is.

The blind stupidity of simplifying the system down to one essence type, only to counteract the effect by adding 20? 30? never-before-seen, yet must-have collectables is intensely frustrating. The new system is twice or three times as complicated because of that. I think people are focusing on PEBs because the recipes do call for a comparative fuckton, but also, the PEBs are familiar while the real fuckton of new collectables are not.
Compounding the PEB issue, Imo, are all the old collectables that still have zero in-game use.

Old frustrations + seeing the same frustrating behavior = What looks like an overreaction from the outside.
It also blinds players to many of the good decisions that were made. For instance, none of the recipes are tied to rare BTA collectables only obtainable from an end chain reward. (We hope.)
We no longer need to bother with crafting +1, +2, etc. The new system assigns an enhancement value based on the ML.
Reducing to just one essence was a fucking great decision.
Changing the bind status to BTA was a fucking great decision.
Increasing the collectibles stack size was a fucking great (if overdue), decision.
Allowing unbound crafting to leave the item unbound instead of BTCoE was a fucking great decision.
Letting BTC items change to BTA when the ML shard is added was a fucking great decision.

Those, and other good decisions are overshadowed by fucking grind + a hefty "fuck you" to everyone who crafted their essences & collectables into old CC shards rather than store all those essences.
Not allowing those old CC shards to be deconned is a gigantic fucking middle finger. It gets one's attention.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:30am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 4:32pm:
The number of PEDs required is so high compared to their scarcity, that they invalidate all other ingredients.

It no longer becomes a quest for the correct essences and collectibles, you will gain many times what you need on the natural course of playing, but you will constantly be desperate for PEDs. They are the gate, the only scarce item.

They have increased the + of tomes which can be converted.  So, +3 and above.  I'd assume they convert for more than the 9 PEDs that the +2 tomes convert for, but I don't know for sure.

They have added skill tomes as a conversion item for PEDs.  So 3BC saga and above can give PEDs.

And you still have the s/m/l eberron shards to convert.

And also Token of the Twelve.  I have a couple hundred of those, although I'm eating them up via TRing and they don't come back unless you play in epics.  But I could still convert a cool 20 or so for NewCC or as needed.

I'm not sure PEDs will be as scarce as you seem to think they will be, unless you're trying to craft items for every level.

But the new collectables?  Those will be a common scarcity that PEDs can't even compare to, since they are entirely based on random drops and people don't have a store of them already like they do with other collectables and even PEDs.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #21 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:30am:
I'm not sure PEDs will be as scarce as you seem to think they will be, unless you're trying to craft items for every level.

If you have been playing for a long time in Eberron Epics they are not going to be that scarce for the reasons you exposed...

but if you have not done any Epic, then you'll have to suck it up, because the ressource is going to be scarce.

So basically leveling in crafting while leveling is not an easy option... and if you're new to DDO well too bad, Crafting is not for you.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 2:47am
Print Post  
I am sure PEDs will be added to the DDO store in the very near future.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016 at 2:47am by Darth Anonymous »  

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #23 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 2:47am:
I am sure PEDs will be added to the DDO store in the very near future.

Yeah, like they added the Yellow Dopant to it when it was introduced...
Because Yellow Dopant couldn't be a plat sink sold by a vendor for 100K plat, it had to be a store only item ( at first, then extremely rare pull in Shroud and 20th list item when everybody raged ).

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #24 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:14am
Print Post  
Well I guess if you are really into crafting, or want to be you will just have to know where to get piles of eberron shards to crunch.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint