Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Gotta love turbine answers... (Read 8057 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Re: Gotta love turbine answers...
Reply #25 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 1:11am:
So basically leveling in crafting while leveling is not an easy option... and if you're new to DDO well too bad, Crafting is not for you.

And this is a new thing how?

I'm not saying it is a good thing, but it is exactly the same as the current CC system.  I've melted every single item since I was about 10th level on my first life.  I am not skill capped in the current CC system.  I'm close, but not capped.  I could have said back then "I'm new so CC is not for me", and I'd have a lot more plat which is fairly useless and I'd not be near the level cap.  And I'd have a few less items which have been reasonably useful to me across a few TRs and a few characters.

So while a new player today won't be able to craft much, NewCC is just as viable an option for them to work on while they build their character as CC was for me when I started playing.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I have like 5 after three years, is that enough for someone who isn't going to craft anything with the new system? Ever?

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I have like 5 after three years, is that enough for someone who isn't going to craft anything with the new system? Ever?

Fk crafting just bribe a crafter.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #28 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Are purified dragonshards available in the TPstore yet?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
Quote:

I dunno, it seems like you might even be able to get by with half that many.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

FTL
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #30 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:07am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 19th, 2016 at 11:48am:
Players: "This new CC system is great, but requires WAY TOO FUCKING MANY of this one extremely rare ingredient. You guys dun fucked up."

Turbine: "Its cool, we'll let you decon some also rare items into them, but not at anything even remotely approaching the rate at which you'll need them."

Players: "...that doesn't help!!!!!"

Yeah, once again we are looking at a crafting system where only one ingredient means anything, and all others will be secondary. Essences and collectables - you'll have more stacks than you know what to do with, but Purrified Eberron Dragonshard fragments will forever and always be in short supply.

I'm not too mad, though. Of all the ways Turdbin coulda fucked this one up, this is by far one of the mildest.

*sigh*

1. PED's are only used for Insightful stats (bound), all other effects do not use them (afaik). Unbound shards are a different matter slightly I think.

2. All items created when bound become BTA not BTC, once you make certain pieces they will remain forever probably (like trapping gear).

2. Tokens of the Twelve can be traded for PED's and you can run Cannith Challenges and exchange mats for Tokens of the Twelve (granted that's a pita but still).

3. Anybody who did dupe is going to have stacks of everything (probably) save for the new collectibles.

4. To gain levels simply use the ML shards which ONLY require essences.

5. If you are not mad then why are you complaining about it?

6. Profit... I guess  Cool
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:08am by FTL »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #31 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
FTL wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:07am:
1. PED's are only used for Insightful stats (bound), all other effects do not use them (afaik). Unbound shards are a different matter slightly I think.

This and possibly the amount of collectibles required (depending on their actual rarity in game) are the two main things they're screwing the new system with in my opinion.

The big advantage the new RNG loot system has and in theory the new CC system should have over the old RNG system and old CC crafting are the insightful slot options.  It's not as if insightful stats are uncommon on new RNG loot so why make adding insightful stats to the new CC items require a costly/rare component?

If you exclude using duped ingredients from consideration, the amount of normal ingredients required to level crafting in DDO (in the old and new systems) should be more than enough of a grind and gatekeeper.  All they are doing by making PEDs required for the majority of the good stuff is rewarding dupers who stockpiled.

Can't say I'm surprised Turbine has done this though.  They haven't even bothered to go back and fix some of the glaring issues that still exist with their new RNG system so why expect them to make the new CC system useful without stupid amounts of artificial roadblocks. 

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #32 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 9:35am:
It's not as if insightful stats are uncommon on new RNG loot so why make adding insightful stats to the new CC items require a costly/rare component?

On the subject of weird costs ... why does bane still cost soul gems? It's 1d10/ML instead of the 1d6/ML of other wpn effects, some of which also break DR. Am I missing why bane is worth the inventory slot, or even the minor effort to swap while playing?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #33 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:06pm:
On the subject of weird costs ... why does bane still cost soul gems? It's 1d10/ML instead of the 1d6/ML of other wpn effects, some of which also break DR. Am I missing why bane is worth the inventory slot, or even the minor effort to swap while playing?

I usually have a Maul just for oozes and rust monsters. Why not craft an Everbright one with Greater Ooze Bane on it?
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:21pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #34 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:20pm:
I usually have a Maul just for oozes and rust monsters. Why not craft an Everbright one with Greater Ooze Bane on it?

Okay, you defeated my hyperbole. Soul gems are still a weird cost in terms of effort to get vs. reward.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:45pm:
Okay, you defeated my hyperbole. Soul gems are still a weird cost in terms of effort to get vs. reward.

They are a pain in the ass to collect.  Limited to a few classes or second life characters who decide to put the GS mats into a Trap the Soul item.  And Turbine had an excellent opportunity to make the useless ones have a use while they were tweaking their collectables tables, and so of course they dropped that ball before even being aware that there was a ball game going on.

I wonder if there's anyone working at Turbine who is even aware that there are a good half dozen or so collectables that have absolutely zero use?  And either all of them or almost all of them are the T3 level collectables.  Yet another perfect opportunity to make something that just clogs up people's bag useful, and yet another decision (if they are even are aware of this, which I tend to doubt) to create something new instead of finally attaching a use to something that already exists.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #36 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:35pm:
They are a pain in the ass to collect.  Limited to a few classes or second life characters who decide to put the GS mats into a Trap the Soul item.  And Turbine had an excellent opportunity to make the useless ones have a use while they were tweaking their collectables tables, and so of course they dropped that ball before even being aware that there was a ball game going on.

I wonder if there's anyone working at Turbine who is even aware that there are a good half dozen or so collectables that have absolutely zero use?  And either all of them or almost all of them are the T3 level collectables.  Yet another perfect opportunity to make something that just clogs up people's bag useful, and yet another decision (if they are even are aware of this, which I tend to doubt) to create something new instead of finally attaching a use to something that already exists.

Exactly! If they worried about dupers, use one of the useless existing ones. Who duped a major stack of Amulets of the Archbishop, or Ivory Scorpions. They had to create a new collectable because they were too stupid and lazy to check and see what is in use and might possibly have been duped. Plus, hey, why just screw dupers when you can screw the entire game population, right? 

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #37 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:44pm:
Who duped a major stack of Amulets of the Archbishop, or Ivory Scorpions.

Most of the OCD hoarders who remember how useless Festivult Twigs became highly desirable during the first ice games.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #38 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Rule in DDO: always save stuff

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #39 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:30am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 5:03pm:
Rule in DDO: always dupe stuff

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #40 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
both are valid.

Save stuff, and dupe stuff.

for the dupe : dupe early, dupe smoothly and dupe quietly.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint