Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Slave Lords End Fight (Read 6276 times)
Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Slave Lords End Fight
Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Earlier today, I did the slave lords chain on LE.

I had no trouble with the first two quests and most of the third, but the final fight in the third quest is yet another incentive to play a ranged character.

The fight takes place in a large room with a small stub of a hallway that you enter from (the rest of that hallway is blocked off by a blue barrier once the fight begins).

The objective of the fight is to kill the red named slave lord "leader", who stays in the center of the room, and 4 other red named slave lords who move around. The 4 slave lords that aren't confined to the center of the room have buffs from the "leader" that render them immune to ruin/greater ruin and reduce their incoming damage by 98%, so they're pretty much invincible until the leader is dead.

As those who can read should've already figured out, kiting the 4 slave lords while you kill the guy in the center is by far the most effective way to solo that end fight.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Slave Lords End Fight
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:35am:
immune to ruin/greater ruin and reduce their incoming damage by 98%

So, force absorption 98%? Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:59am
Print Post  
It also sounds like an incentive to group up.   Unfortunately, any incentive to group up (short of lever pulling/standing on plates far apart) can generally be solved by ranged physical damage or casters going solo. 

Unless they add in some sort of movement speed debuff/cc that's generally how it works. 

But soloing has been the pretty much the sole domain of ranged kiting toons for the entire 8+ years I've been playing ddo.  Was there ever a time that a melee toon was the better choice for soloing the toughest 6 man content or raids?
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 9:00am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #3 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:59am:
It also sounds like an incentive to group up.   Unfortunately, any incentive to group up (short of lever pulling/standing on plates far apart) can generally be solved by ranged physical damage or casters going solo. 

Unless they add in some sort of movement speed debuff/cc that's generally how it works. 

But soloing has been the pretty much the sole domain of ranged kiting toons for the entire 8+ years I've been playing ddo.  Was there ever a time that a melee toon was the better choice for soloing the toughest 6 man content or raids?

It could be an incentive to group up depending on who you are and what your goals are. I assume that the majority of players would have a relatively difficult time soloing the pack even without the end fight, but as someone whose goal is obtaining the ingredients in the most efficient way possible I would be more likely to simply play a tree for most of the quest and have one of my loot bots be a ranged character for the end fight.

While it's true that ranged characters have had the easiest time soloing raids for a long time, there haven't been quests that are painful to solo as a decent melee for a while.

Oh, and for those who care - the entire pack is long and fairly boring/repetitive. Think toee first floor, but drawn out over 3 quests with practically nothing new. You wander around through lots of hallways and the occasional cave tunnel (plus about 30 seconds in a town) fighting large packs of human/hobgoblin/kobold/gnoll slavers depending on which quest you're in. Occasionally you fight large packs of undead/oozes/spiders/bats to mix it up! Every so often, you get to fight a red or orange named slave lord, who has one regular chest and one ingredient chest when you defeat him/her. There are also some optionals with chests.

Like I said, it's pretty much toee but with less variation in the maps and a less cool looking end fight.

I'll give turbine the benefit of the doubt and assume that they're going to reskin them before release, but for the time being the closest thing to a new monster we got was a few 'cavelings' which are just taken.

Have fun guys!

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:35am:
As those who can read should've already figured out, kiting the 4 slave lords while you kill the guy in the center is by far the most effective way to solo that end fight.

Sounds like the Ntyh fight in ToD.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 8:59am:

If you had played the end fight, you would know that there is an archer spamming hamstring and a teleporting mob, plus all the other shit that you don't know because you haven't even tried it.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:54am by Shuy »  

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:20am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 6:39am:
If you had played the end fight, you would know that there is an archer spamming hamstring and a teleporting mob, plus all the other shit that you don't know because you haven't even tried it.

Why give a fuck? It's always better let a sucker with no life like you try it first, people have a life you know...  Wink Also why so upset about a game, faggot? Srsly go get some profesional help  Smiley

Halfmaniac wrote on Nov 26th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

Some of you got baited real bad in an attempt to troll him back.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:51am
Print Post  
() wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:20am:
Why give a fuck? It's always better let a sucker with no life like you try it first, people have a life you know...  Wink Also why so upset about a game, faggot? Srsly go get some profesional help  Smiley

You claim to "have a life" to run a quest on Lamannia but yet reply to "a faggot" on the vault? Are you sure it's me the one who should get professional help? Smiley

IP Logged

DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 7:51am:
You claim to "have a life" to run a quest on Lamannia but yet reply to "a faggot" on the vault? Are you sure it's me the one who should get professional help? Smiley

Shuy, it is just a KNN sock desperate to provoke a reply.
Don't sweat it, just laugh at him like we do.

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 10:03am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:45am:

I had completely forgotten about that guy lol

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 10:21am
Print Post  
it is just a KNN sock

not even his sock. knn isn't as stupid and doesn't spam smiley faces. you niggas suck at detecting....

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #11 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:52pm
Print Post  

If the socks are out it means that she is squirming for attention.

Meltdown, Herpaderp, chain rename and all expected soon(tm)

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:52pm:
If the socks are out it means that she is squirming for attention.

Meltdown, Herpaderp, chain rename and all expected soon(tm)

I expected more from you. being from a country that made Jacques Clouseau

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #13 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 10:21am:
not even his sock. knn isn't as stupid and doesn't spam smiley faces. you niggas suck at detecting....

Someone is upset, I can tell. Cheesy Why? Did I say anything that hurt your feelings?   Angry Roll Eyes  Grin

I'm pretty sure it is safe to say that KNN has brought a BUNCH of stupid from users on this forum out in the open

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #14 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:19pm:
I expected more from you. being from a country that made Jacques Clouseau

sorry, not drunk enough... and I'm on Japanese food and in a Doctor binge... Last, it's way too hot to cook here right now.

Linking bits and pieces means that I have to overheat the neurons for a bit... that's bad for my health.

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2016 at 3:23pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
() wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:37pm:
Someone is upset, I can tell

Oh, no. Sorry I gave you that impression. I thought I was just stating the obvious

IP Logged

()
Special Attention

Hamster cocks expert

Reply #16 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 2:12pm:
Oh, no. Sorry I gave you that impression. I thought I was just stating the obvious

Noice! It just took you several months  Wink Not bad for something THAT obvious  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint