Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic YesWorries (Read 2602 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

YesWorries
Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477782-Cannith-Crafting-Runearms-and-C...

What do you think about YesWorries' statement: Runearms:

A similar issue exists with Runearms. Having 3 effects on an item which can then have 3 powerful crafted effects added is too much.

The most straightforward solution would appear to be that the charge tier, the spell itself, the rune arm imbue, the ML, and any very unique effects (such as Coronauch) would stay. The rest of the effects would be removed when prepping for crafting and then you could craft on 2 effects (or 3 using the Mark of House Cannith). The list of effects for Runearms is still being worked on.

mostly this one:

Thoughts, comments? And as always, all plans are subject to change for any numerous and unforeseen reasons.

Do not get me wrong we have hundreds of topix on how turbine got tired of having customers and trying to get rid of them, but is "we can change whenever, however we see fit" something they should openly say? Roll Eyes

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: YesWorries
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Its the same old same old. We're asking you for feedback but we don't intend to listen.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #2 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
They need to do more to make the switchover worth it.  Currently, it looks like the custom runearms will be limited to the heroic versions, and you will be limited to the lowbie embues/shots.  The whole system needs to have ways to scale into epics and affect the epic runearms as well.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 2:37pm:
Do not get me wrong we have hundreds of topix on how turbine got tired of having customers and trying to get rid of them, but is "we can change whenever, however we see fit" something they should openly say? Roll Eyes

Yes.  This is quite standard.  Try treading the EULA, it's full of the same kind of text.  As is the EULA for any other software company.  And in this case it's not just legalese, it's them saying something to the effect of "We'd like to do it this way, but we might not be able to."  For reasons that can vary from lack of time, to lack of programming competence, to lack of interest.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 11:49pm:
Yes.  This is quite standard.  Try treading the EULA, it's full of the same kind of text.  As is the EULA for any other software company.  And in this case it's not just legalese, it's them saying something to the effect of "We'd like to do it this way, but we might not be able to."  For reasons that can vary from lack of time, to lack of programming competence, to lack of interest.

True. I guess I should have read the EULA.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 3:15pm:
Its the same old same old. We're asking you for feedback but we don't intend to listen.

quoted for reminder... Because it is.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #6 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:18am
Print Post  
At this point, it looks like the level of the Rune Arm will dictate the level of the enchantments.  God forbid we have craftable rune arms in epic levels.  Roll Eyes

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/477782-Cannith-Crafting-Runearms-and-C...

IP Logged

Cairnoir
Dragon Raider

I am not a farmer!

Reply #7 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:51am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:18am:
At this point, it looks like the level of the Rune Arm will dictate the level of the enchantments.  God forbid we have craftable rune arms in epic levels.  Roll Eyes

Yeah looks like. See post 10.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478019-So-about-those-rune-arms-and-ma...

I understand the bruhaha as being about creating TR gear or passing BTA runearms to lower level arti alts that couldn't have earned them.

That said, swapping some of the terrible SP bonuses with the new powercreep versions would make them more than decent items, imo.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
This whole kerfuffle is all part and parcel to a larger issue:

P2P classes are all currently gimp. (With the exception of Warlock).

And I wouldn't hold my breath that Warlock doesn't get gimped too, when they figure it's not a "Hot Seller" anymore.

Rune Arms could be OP as fuck and Artificer would still suck past Lvl 20.

I have yet to run an Arty past the King's Forest or longer than it took to complete the ED I was after (usually Shiradi).

This also lends itself to another issue: The EDs themselves need a pass, since most of the P2P classes are "out in the cold" for a decent ED to run in.

Arty is the prime example here. But FvS and Monk aren't faring much better, since DC is all Light + Fire and Exalted is Light + Heals when FvS needs Light + Force.

Likewise, most Monks are running in Unyielding or Legendary, if they run in epics at all because the DCs in Grandmaster are never good enough to bother using. And survivability sucks.

Arty has to swallow a load on either Shiradi or Shadowdancer, neither of which are all that well suited, since Arty is "neither fish nor fowl" when attempting to place it in an ED.

Issues upon issues.  Sad

Edited:
I can't belive I fogot Druid. But since Wolf-builds still happen, I guess they won't be a priority for a fix anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:18pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 1:12pm:
P2P classes are all currently gimp. (With the exception of Warlock).

And I wouldn't hold my breath that Warlock doesn't get gimped too, when they figure it's not a "Hot Seller" anymore.

Warlock has had nothing but nerfs since the release.  I'm sure that all the early adopters enjoyed being immensely OP, and also griped endlessly about nerf after nerf.  But the class is still OP in heroics, and is very strong in epics.  So as far as P2P classes go, Warlock was a win for Turbine.

Quote:
Rune Arms could be OP as fuck and Artificer would still suck past Lvl 20.

Absolutely.  They are putting WAY too little thought into their line of reasoning that says that a rune arm with 3 effects on it would be "too powerful."  First, they claim that the ML of effects is going to be limited to the ML of the rune arm.  Second, they haven't set the effects for rune arms yet, so picking a set where three of them wouldn't be outrageous in combination with the step-child class that is the Artificer should not be a hard thing to do.

Quote:
Edited:
I can't belive I fogot Druid. But since Wolf-builds still happen, I guess they won't be a priority for a fix anytime soon.

Postponing a pass and a third enhance tree for druids because they have had a long running "not working as intended but not an exploit" option is farcical.  Which of course means that this is exactly the Turbine position on the subject.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint