Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New crafting and damage suffix? (Read 8890 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

New crafting and damage suffix?
Aug 23rd, 2016 at 11:27am
Print Post  
I used to make a lot of "Holy of Pure Good" and "of Bleed" gear back in the day, because I am frankly only interested in suffixes that deal damage or debuff. What kinds of options are in the new system?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: New crafting and damage suffix?
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Not sure how useful / correct it is, but a user on the motherboards posted this Beta planner:

http://ccplaner.esy.es/

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:08pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 11:27am:
I used to make a lot of "Holy of Pure Good" and "of Bleed" gear back in the day, because I am frankly only interested in suffixes that deal damage or debuff. What kinds of options are in the new system?

There's all kinds of damage options.  But the only debuff seems to be stat damages.

I guess shattermantle (and uwa and good luck) is going to be a no-show on release, which probably means never.  Unless it is on Lamma the next time it comes up for preview.
NoWorries
Quote:
Consideration is being made of adding Good Luck into random loot and having it be craftable. Same goes with Shattermantle. UWA will likely be added to random loot.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #4 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
RolyPoly wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:07pm:
Not sure how useful / correct it is, but a user on the motherboards posted this Beta planner:

http://ccplaner.esy.es/

Hey this may seem like a stupid question, but the planner still shows a whole bunch of different banes. Didn't they conjoin the banes down into just a handful?

Like didn't several banes including Human Bane become Humanoid Bane?

But yeah, seeing a lot of great damage effects on there. Some are fairly specific, but like you could do Acid/Slash/Insightful Con damage, and that'd be pretty nice. Not great, but CC has never really been about weapons.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:46pm:
I guess shattermantle (and uwa and good luck) is going to be a no-show on release

Uwa was on latest Lama build.

noamineo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:27pm:
But yeah, seeing a lot of great damage effects on there. Some are fairly specific, but like you could do Acid/Slash/Insightful Con damage, and that'd be pretty nice.

Unless ranged, of course. If ranged, nothing you add will ever do more than 1d6.

noamineo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 1:27pm:
Didn't they conjoin the banes down into just a handful?

No.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:16pm:
No.

Fuck, am I loosing my mind?!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2016 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 5:29pm:
Fuck, am I loosing my mind?!

They added Unnatural Bane & ... fuck, I forget. Some bane that covered animals & rodents & plants. Nature Bane? But the banes those cover didn't get removed. They're still in the loot tables AFAIK, and still in the crafting recipes.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 23rd, 2016 at 12:08pm:

People still use excel in 2016??? Huh

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #9 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:52am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:36am:
People still use excel in 2016??? Huh

Is there a better option?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #10 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:26am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 2:52am:
Is there a better option?

Is there not?

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:19am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:26am:
Is there not?

Is there?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
fork wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 11:19am:
Is there?

Open Office is ok.  I stopped using it when it couldn't handle a few complex spreadsheets.  For simple crap it works just fine, but if it can't do everything I need then there's not much point in installing both it and Excel.

I went through the same migration with Thunderbird.  Outlook is now just as fully featured and is more compatible with more things, so a couple years ago I made that switch.

I still use Firefox.  The MS browser still sucks.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #13 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Is there not?

Lotus 1-2-3 fan, huh?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #14 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
Lotus 1-2-3 fan, huh?

You kids with your new toys.

VisiCalc all the way, baby.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Is there not?

...there is not.

Excel can still do way more than open office, google docs, and a truckload of swiss army knives, combined.

It is possibly one of the finest pieces of software made by man. You're response would indicate you're either an anti-Microsoft bigot or don't know what professional-grade software looks like Tongue

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 2:34am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 7:29pm:
...there is not.

Excel can still do way more than open office, google docs, and a truckload of swiss army knives, combined.

It is possibly one of the finest pieces of software made by man. You're response would indicate you're either an anti-Microsoft bigot or don't know what professional-grade software looks like Tongue

It is Microsoft fanboyz who always accuse others of bigotry, go die a blue screen death.  Tongue

Wow.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #17 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 3:04pm:
I still use Firefox.  The MS browser still sucks.

Meh, Firefox.  Chrome, FTW.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:55am
Print Post  
P.S.

Excel is fine.  Open Office is fine.  90% of people don't use a spreadsheet for anything more than keeping things in orderly columns and doing basic addition and subtraction.  Which they all handle just fine.  Sure Excel (and other, competing options) can become practically relational databases or borderline IDE's in skilled hands, but lets not pretend the vast majority of the feature set is relevant to the vast majority of users. 

Excel has the advantage of being so ubiquitous that the file formats are generally supported in other platforms.  That accessibility is probably more valuable than any specific feature of the software.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:55am:
P.S.

Excel is fine.  Open Office is fine.  90% of people don't use a spreadsheet for anything more than keeping things in orderly columns and doing basic addition and subtraction.  Which they all handle just fine.  Sure Excel (and other, competing options) can become practically relational databases or borderline IDE's in skilled hands, but lets not pretend the vast majority of the feature set is relevant to the vast majority of users. 

Excel has the advantage of being so ubiquitous that the file formats are generally supported in other platforms.  That accessibility is probably more valuable than any specific feature of the software.

That's what I'm saying. The powers and capabilities of excel are absurd for how ubiquitous it is. It's a little like finding out your  regular car is also capable of going to the moon, you just have to know how to work all the little hidden dials and switches you've been ignoring.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 8:55am:
P.S.

Exactly. Only downside to Excel is that it costs money if you don't already have it and don't want to pirate it. Google Docs is free. I send most of our customers to Google Docs as they rarely need the features Excel offers but for me, you can pry Excel from my cold dead hands.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #21 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
The power of Excel is actually a liability for us. Everything our users do in Excel falls into one of two catagories - stuff they could also do in google docs, and stuff they should be doing in formal program so we have better security, reliability, and accountability.

I can't tell you how many times we gave customers wrong information because somebody got it from a spreadsheet without refreshing data connections, or entered a hard coded value over a formula.

Excel can do it all, but if you are going to do it more than once it's worth doing in something else. At least for a company with a halfway decent IT department. I guess that for a small business or a giant company with their IT in India Excel could be a lifesaver, but I bet they have have problems with too much engine and not enough steering too.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:25pm:
The power of Excel is actually a liability for us. Everything our users do in Excel falls into one of two catagories - stuff they could also do in google docs, and stuff they should be doing in formal program so we have better security, reliability, and accountability.

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thank you for the belly laugh, suggesting that Google docs is 'secure.'

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #23 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 1:43pm:
Bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thank you for the belly laugh, suggesting that Google docs is 'secure.'

No need to thank me, that was entirely from your own imagination, not anything I wrote. I said a dedicated program is more secure, but that's because if we write it then it goes through validation and source control, and almost always has audit logging linked in. And saying the stuff could be done in google docs is a way of describing the complexity, not an endorsement of one product or the other.

But enjoy the laugh, there are too few these days.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 24th, 2016 at 4:59pm:
Lotus 1-2-3 fan, huh?

Nah, Multiplan is the way to go... There's no future with Lotus 1-2-3.

Grin

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint