Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about new Cannith Crafting (Read 3593 times)
LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Question about new Cannith Crafting
Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, my search skills=not so good and didn't have the chance to check before Lama closed yesterday... In the latest Lama build could you still trade lesser essences for new ones 4:1 or is it fixed to the usual 5:1? Should I turn my greater essences to lesser before U32 hits live? Anyone? Thank you.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Question about new Cannith Crafting
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
I imagine if you could ever trade them at 5:1 that is something that will be fixed before it goes life. 5:1 is the only ratio that makes sense.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:36pm:
Sorry if this has been answered somewhere, my search skills=not so good and didn't have the chance to check before Lama closed yesterday... In the latest Lama build could you still trade lesser essences for new ones 4:1 or is it fixed to the usual 5:1? Should I turn my greater essences to lesser before U32 hits live? Anyone? Thank you.

Last I heard it was still 4:1 on Lamma.  Which if it goes live that way does mean you can trade your greaters now at 1:5 and then trade your lessers for the new essence at 4:1.  But do you really have that kind of time on your hands?  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get to a high enough skill with what I have on hand to make anything I want for myself*, and I'm not capped in the current system.  Close to it, but not quite there.  There's little point in reaching the new cap since making unbound shards is just about pointless unless you have a large pile of duped PEDs.

* Ignoring for the moment a distinct lack of the new collectables, and hoping with a completely unfounded optimism that they don't fuck up the drop rates.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
do you really have that kind of time on your hands?

Clicking the convert button is not difficult to script in AHK. 

Turbine has taught us that competence in the use of AHK (or other scripting languages) is very useful several times in the past and continues to reinforce its value with every decision to make players tap the lever to get a pellet of kibble.

If you're going to keep playing DDO for any length of time, you don't have time to NOT learn to automate this sort of thing with a scripting language.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
They've changed it to 5:1 for the lessers. *Waves at Turbine staff reading this post*

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #5 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 5:32pm:
They've changed it to 5:1 for the lessers.

Link plz.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:32pm:
Link plz.

Scoot yer ass over to Lamma and see for yourself if you need the only proof that can't be faked.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #7 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 6:43pm:
Scoot yer ass over to Lamma and see for yourself if you need the only proof that can't be faked.

You yourself said it was still 4:1 on Lamannia a few posts above.

I'd go to Lama if I could but it's closed.

The only thing I have to go on is last report of what the conversion rate is...yours.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Irony...

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:31pm:
You yourself said it was still 4:1 on Lamannia a few posts above.

What I said was that the last I had heard it was 4:1.

Technomage wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 11:31pm:
The only thing I have to go on is last report of what the conversion rate is...yours.

Um, no.  WeHaveLived posted after me that it had been changed to 5:1.  So that is the last report you have to go on.

Me, I don't care if it's 4:1 or 5:1, since I have no intention of trying to find some advantage by wasting time doing conversions (either scripted or manual Coaly, it's still a waste of time IMO) before U32 goes live.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:54am
Print Post  
I was on Lama a week ago. At that time, the conversion said 4:1, but a stack of 10k turned into 2k, regardless.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 4:30pm:
Last I heard it was still 4:1 on Lamma.  Which if it goes live that way does mean you can trade your greaters now at 1:5 and then trade your lessers for the new essence at 4:1.  But do you really have that kind of time on your hands?  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get to a high enough skill with what I have on hand to make anything I want for myself*, and I'm not capped in the current system.  Close to it, but not quite there.  There's little point in reaching the new cap since making unbound shards is just about pointless unless you have a large pile of duped PEDs.

* Ignoring for the moment a distinct lack of the new collectables, and hoping with a completely unfounded optimism that they don't fuck up the drop rates.

I don't really have that many greaters, majority of my essences are from deconstructing loot in the last 2 months so 90% lessers, should have time to convert the rest. And thanks for the info!

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 7:54am:
I was on Lama a week ago. At that time, the conversion said 4:1, but a stack of 10k turned into 2k, regardless.

Interesting...

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  

Text descriptions are hard, yo!

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 11:52pm
Print Post  

Thanks.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
Text descriptions are hard, yo! 

No, that is just Turbine maths.

10/4=2

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 8:33am
Print Post  
LurkYouRongTime wrote on Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:36pm:

U32; The Retard Rises

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint